Asian-American Actors Are Fighting for Visibility. They Will Not Be Ignored

>Asian-American Actors Are Fighting for Visibility. They Will Not Be Ignored.
nytimes.com/2016/05/29/movies/asian-american-actors-are-fighting-for-visibility-they-will-not-be-ignored.html

>It’s never been easy for an Asian-American actor to get work in Hollywood, let alone take a stand against the people who run the place.

>Mr. Kim has wielded his Twitter account to point to dire statistics and boost Asian-American creators. Last year, he posted a cheeky tribute to “the only Asian face” he could find in the entire “Lord of the Rings” series, a woman who “appears for a glorious three seconds.”

>This past year has proved to be a particularly fraught period for Asian-American representation in movies. Last May, Sony released “Aloha,” a film set in Hawaii that was packed with white actors, including the green-eyed, blond-haired Emma Stone as a quarter-Chinese, quarter-Native Hawaiian fighter pilot named Allison Ng.

>In September, it was revealed that in the planned adaptation of the Japanese manga series Death Note, the hero, a boy with dark powers named Light Yagami, would be renamed simply Light and played by the white actor Nat Wolff.

>In “The Martian,” released in October, the white actress Mackenzie Davis stepped into the role of the NASA employee Mindy Park, who was conceived in the novel as Korean-American.

Maybe it's time the white man cuts the bullshit and give Asian actors a fair shot instead of whitewashing any and every Asian character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HIKQCZDYfEI
youtube.com/watch?v=mmvqb9Uzu8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only authority on this subject is keeanu reeves.

I bet he doesn't give a shit.

I just want more hatred to be spread toward whites.

The rejection of Asians in Hollywood goes all the way back to the exact moment Hollywood became jewish.

Thats because hollywood understands even asians want the BWC

Nooo
Not Jin from lost :(
Aziz Anzari is a fag though

Go to China. Their movies are full of Asians

>make fun of asians
>is asian.
doesn't she realize that if she has a son some day, he'll also have a tiny dick.

self hating fags are worse than racist

>Asian-American
then what is Aziz Ansari doing in this pic?

>people start to realize Asians are the only minority group (Indians are iffy, depends on their religion) that can actually function along side white people in society
>all of a sudden media starts trying to play asians and whites against each other like they've been doing with blacks and hispanics

hmm.. really makes you think

Thats's like going to bollywood and demanding they cast more white actors.
Adaptations are not meant to follow source material step by step. That's why they are adaptations. If you really don't like it then don't give them your money. Look what happened to ghostbusters; now they'll never genderbend a franchise again.

> light Yagami played by a white guy

But chinese cartoon characters always look "white". The Asian looking ones all look extremely conspicuously asian, to the point of being caricatures.

why not "asian-americans" simply repatriate themselves to asia where they can view predominately asian actors in media?

I simply have no appetite for the grievances of these professional whiners.

>not enough Asians in Lord of the Rings
Thank God, at least whites can have that trilogy without pointless diversity quotas.

Asians are parasites. They'll gravitate to where the wealth and power is. They never are nor ever will be allies to whites.

>Stone
>Davis
>Wolff
>White

>Dr. Pavel, I'm Asian American

Exactly.

I love how non-whites go to white countries and then complain about there being too many whites everywhere. Like, fuck off with that shit.

Go to where you're the racial majority and problem solved.

It's a shop

Asians bitching and moaning really pisses me the fuck off.

They are pretty much guests in our nation but run their mouths about too many of us being around?

FUCK THEM

Seriously, its computer generated type on a white board.

>The municipality of Algeria

What the fuck, off the top of my head they have three prime time shows, Hawaii Five-O, Fresh Off the Boat, and Dr. Ken

india is in asia

>Asian-American Actors Are Fighting for Visibility
not our fault they are forever squinting

Hollywood white washes Asian things to make it more palatable for American audiences. Why didn't they bitch over the horrible adaption of All You Need Is Kill? Fucking Tom Cruise why?

>Wolff
>His father is Jewish, while his mother is of Christian background; Wolff was brought up "culturally Jewish."

Ching chonk kelly's cousin in hawai-5o (kona or something) is kinda hot, but shes a little too thin.

Keanu Reeves made an Asian-themed movie that released to American theaters. It did very poorly

>Mr. Kim has wielded his Twitter account to point to dire statistics and boost Asian-American creators. Last year, he posted a cheeky tribute to “the only Asian face” he could find in the entire “Lord of the Rings” series, a woman who “appears for a glorious three seconds.”

Where did it all go so wrong?

jewish media telling asians to be mad at whites because jewish hollywood wont hire them. When wil this madness end?

Oh look.

The Jews are finding another way to blame us for their slimy behavior.

>White man
>Hollywood

I'm all for diversity, user, but I don't know if the Jews will allow it.

>Asian-American Actors Are Fighting for Visibility.
they could just stand on a box

asian americans have lost their way

Man of Tai chi
Pretty good though

youtube.com/watch?v=HIKQCZDYfEI

youtube.com/watch?v=mmvqb9Uzu8k

more roles would be nice though.

I SAID ASIAN, NOT POO-IN-LOO!

He's Tamil Mudslime so he doesn't count as Asian.

>Maybe it's time the black man cuts the bullshit and give Asian actors a fair shot instead of stealing any and all roles from every Asian actor.

Fixed that for you. Us members of the nigger community also has to stop trying desperately to desexualize the asian male by always harping that asian men have the smallest penises in the world.

I really liked Man of Tai Chi

I bet L will be white too so they'll have to leave out the part with him calling Misa a white woman. Honestly, if HollyJew could still do blackface they'd cast 12 Years a Slave with an all white cast.

I bet the Inuits tell you the same thing, whitey.

>white man

Jews run Hollywood. I love how they're white when it's convenient and a 'minority' when it's convenient.

kek

Oh no, I really care about the plight of actors in pedowood.

>so thrifty you just use cardboard lying around your family's restaurant to make your protest signs
How Asian of them.

They have designated stereotypical roles of ninjas, yakuza and IT geniuses, what do they want more?

No Asians in a high fantasy medieval Europe setting? good. That shows a little goddamn sense.

>This past year has proved to be a particularly fraught period for Asian-American representation in movies. Last May, Sony released “Aloha,” a film set in Hawaii that was packed with white actors, including the green-eyed, blond-haired Emma Stone as a quarter-Chinese, quarter-Native Hawaiian fighter pilot named Allison Ng.
>In September, it was revealed that in the planned adaptation of the Japanese manga series Death Note, the hero, a boy with dark powers named Light Yagami, would be renamed simply Light and played by the white actor Nat Wolff.
These two are a little fucked up and should stop.

>In “The Martian,” released in October, the white actress Mackenzie Davis stepped into the role of the NASA employee Mindy Park, who was conceived in the novel as Korean-American.
me

Wow, almost half the examples are genuinely complaint worthy. must be some kinda fucking SJW record.

Go make movies in Asia then you faggots god fucking damn

Yeah, i liked Jin too !

I saw it on netflix, it's a fun movie, I hope he does more. Wish they could make money on fun movies. I'm tired of capeshit.

That's because to Asian audiences he's a filthy halfbreed piggu

the number of asians getting roles is about equal to their % of population. so are blacks and whites.

the only group that gets significantly less is hispanic

>but they aren't getting the important roles

the biggest, headlining roles are determined by the public because that's what they are willing to pay for. hollywood doesn't control the viewing opinion of 300 million people.

Well, if any minority has "got" to be pushed, I'd rather it be asians than blacks.

I'd rather this whole "issue" be dismissed altogether. However if I were pigeonholed into on of these two situations, I'd rather live in a world where screentime is shared between asians and whites than whites and niggers.

Why don't they just become actors in Asia? I'm confused.

>no asian comic book heroes

But they do have visibility.

>Zatoichi
>Ip-Man
>Oldboy
>Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
>Yojimbo
>Seven Samurai
>Ju-On
>Ringu
>Barefoot Gen

Get the fuck out.

Or in the case of Star Wars Episode 7 the jew director decides who gets the role by race, like JJ 'Discriminating against whites is not racist' Abrams.

LOL why isn't jew on this pie chart when it accounts for nearly all of that 73%
Fuck off kike get gassed

I really don't understand these complaints. Minorities should not expect to be in as many roles as the majority race. It's not racist, it's just numbers. How many Asian-American actors are there compared to white actors? How many GOOD Asian-American actors are there? It's easy for these actors to get overlooked if they are greatly outnumbered by good white actors.

Another question I would ask is if they have some of the same "racist" ideals as black actors. I know some stupid shit comes up sometimes in hiring black people for non-black roles. Like the women being unwilling to relax their hair.

Underrated

They kind of have a point though. How many Asians do you see in any roles that don't involve them being some sort of nerd or martial arts master or an extra? Darkies are all over the entertainment industry but Asians don't exist outside of stereotype roles. I kind of wish there were more roles for them, but they can't blame this on white people. White people dont control those industries, those are all Hebrews.

>fighting for visibility
>good actors
these chinks need 2 git gud.

Excellent list of hollywood films you've got there.

Only thing I give a shit about is that Hollywood is making a live action adaptation of Death Note.

Hope that shit is good.

Hospital dramas.

You always see whites, asians, a single black guy, and not a single mexican in sight.

Simply put, Mexicans are less visible than asians while being a much larger part of the population.

>star in major national movies and TV shows
>"they will not be ignored"
fuck off, you're already famous you dickheads.

Hollywood is a Jew-infested shithole and means nothing. If you want visibility, you don't dickride Jews.

You know better than this being on Sup Forums.

The nigga from gi joe deserves better roles t b h

Arguable. There have been several really prominent Mexican performers in American entertainment, like George Lopez and so on. And we're not even touching on the subject of all the Spanish language stuff in the US, Univision and so on.

not even azns wanna see azns act. if they sold tickets, theyd get cast

kek, most artists suck at drawing chinks. You literally have to draw slit eyes and get the bone structure right.

He also has an extremely successful career. He worked in the fucking white house.

What's his problem? Does he think he can go from goofy comedic lead to super handsome A-lister with serious roles?

>events of the yellow peril
>Japanese internment camps
>Chinese exclusion act

Yeah you bet your ass we aren't on your side. We're just allies of convenience against the brown horde. We'll take over whether you want it or not. So keep it up with your "mah dik" arguments, you'll be extinct soon anyways.

Lol aryan race my ass; can't even keep your birth rate up without help from Jamal and Abdul

What about white actors?

Asians are nice people. They are polite, work hard and are intelligent. As a white person, I respect Asians.

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT WHO ACTS IN WHAT
I REALLY DON'T
THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING CELEBRITIES
I HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH THEM, UNLESS THEY'RE AMERICAN CITIZENS
STOP FUCKING TELLING ME TO CARE DEMAND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FROM HOLLYWOOD
FUCK THE MEDIA
WE NEED A NEW FUCKING NEWS NETWORK

I care, it's art. Don't ruin our art.

I'm not sure if hispanics being visible in "latino shows" counts as visibility.

Part of the reasons asians don't get depicted is that there will be massive butthurt if a Chinese plays a Japanese, or a Korean plays a Thai.

Not like Asia really needs the west to make super heroes for them. Japan, China, Idonesia, and now Korea make more than enough super heroes.

In fact, Amazon just announced that they are bringing Japan's Kamen Rider Amazons from JP Amazon Prime to western Amazon Prime, among other shows. It's kind of funny to read about that, then this, and then the comments in this thread.

>Asian-Americans have to "rally" to get more gigs
>Meanwhile their Asian-born cousins work hard on limited budgets to make Asian media

And now in this case Toei's work pays off and they are given another chance at bringing Kamen Rider officially to the west not just in name but now in its entirety (no adaptation shenanigans). I mean it's not blockbusters level of success, but it's a more respectable victory that didn't rely on shitty western liberals to prop them up. They did their own thing which sparked interest in the right people.

meanwhile in reality you never hear jackie chan bitch, he could never get a leading role in a hollywood drama so he swallowed that pill and became an action movie legend.
now, as an 61 he stars in serious roles in movies made for the chinese audience. do you hear him whine because "white people" need to take his acting seriously? no, because he is not a little bitch

I dunno pal, my wife thinks my dick is fantastic.

>They never are nor ever will be allies to whites.

Who said anything about "allies"?

They're functional citizens. It's not a lot, but consider the other fucking options.

Hearty chuckle.

aziz is a fugly streetshitting manlet, he can go fuck himself with a cactus.

This is a quality selection, btw f@m. I like the Kurosawa picks especially.

I bet based Nips would prefer dirty gaijin to Kimchi niggers.

Maybe it's time guests in a foreign country stop their entitled bitching and be grateful we don't drown them in a kiddy pool.

What do they want? Hollywood makes films to make funny. If you put an asian as a lead role other than a ninja or samurai, white america isn't gonna be interested.

The only successful Asian films in America are goofy kung fu movies, and they're not always successful, very rarely.

to make money *

Do they care that in the Jap live action Attack on Titan movie every european was played by an asian?

>Eren Jaeger
>Gookiest of gooks

They should probably use diversity they have at hand, since they promote it, but you know Jews, they like to give Jews all the roles. A lot of films could be much better with an actor that actually looks like the character in the story. Good, bad or whatever actors, what matters is overall production and monies.

No they would just say "Well whites get all the other roles anyways, so having an Asian play a white person's role is perfectly fine"

None of those in OP's picture are pure Asians, it's really disappointing that those are the ones complaining.

Asian Americans are literally the most whiny minority group with the least justification.

"WAAAAHHHHH, SOMEBODY ASKED WHAT I COUNTRY I CAME FROM!!!" WAHHHH!!!"

Why the fuck do Asians go from being the most based race to the least based race once they immigrate to North America?

Because minorities in the west love to play the oppression Olympics. And when Asians find out they're actually living a better life than even white people, they have to find the most obscure harmless thing to cry about.

I had a college classmate who did her whole final about when a guy walked up to her and said "Ni hao" because he thought she was a Chinese exchange student.

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.

ONE OF THESE THINGS NEEDS TO POO IN THE LOO.

That's absolutely pathetic, man.

Asian women love that BWC

>bringing it to the west