Empire was the good guys: discuss

Empire was the good guys: discuss.

For real though.
Empire for life

Rebels are terrorist scum in actuality

They kind of were the good guys. Those who lived according to the empire flourished. Those that were criminals were punished.

>literally called the darkside

>good guys

The only strike against them was the destruction of Alderaan IMO. Seemed like a scummy move.
Still, Empire rules.

Not even fucking kidding here,: I've never watched any Star Gay movie in its entirety. I torrented all of them about a month ago. My best friend swear that I must see them. In what order should I watch this gay-ass franchise?

I dunno man. They kind of blew up a planet just to show off.

But what about democracy, people should have the right to be forced into slavery by a bunch of pirate and Jabba the Hutts

Chronologically and ignor anything that relates to medichlorians

A planet militarily supporting the rebels. On a galactic scale it's no worse then shooting an arms dealer.

4 5 6, 1 2 3.

star wars is obviously a folk tale retelling of what was actcually a very nuanced and complicated political situation.

the galaxy is a very large place, and to suggest that any few actors could have any real effect on the course of events is quite preposterous.

the most likely intepretation of the star wars tales is that the galaxy from which they come was one in which only the power of an empire could hope to unite.

galaxies, being so large, are prone to breaking down into chaos. Attempts at republics will fail due to the insurmountable logistical problems of tallying all the varying and opposing viewpoints of the represented member states.

a one-state solution is the only way in which a galaxy can truly be united.

Terrorist planet, the bitch Leia brought her people to that state, she's pretty much the Japanese Emperor we destroyed her planet and the dumb bitch still didn't get the message.

>Seemed like a scummy move.
Dude, that's a whole planet, that's like saying "yeah, it's a bit shaddy that the USA nuked an entire state because some radicals came out of it"
That planet was not even under Rebel rule, they literally blew up their own people just to prove a point.

Aldaraan was full of traitors. Your support of rebels will lead to the death of your family and friends.

Old trilogy (456), Prequels (123), Disney stuff assuming you survived the prequels.
Episode 5 is the best of the old ones (and of all) and 3 is the best of the prequels by the way, so you will need some patience to get to them.

yes 5 and 3 are the best of their trilogies thank you

I always thought the empire was given bad rap. It was controlled by evil people, but there's nothing evil about wanting order in a chaotic world (or Galaxy in this case).

Try not to wear your reddit glasses when watching the prequals, they can be quite enjoyable when you dont take it seriously, the Palpatine and Yoda fight can be a hell of laugh.

>a planet full of traitors
Right, millions of traitors in a single planet, yet the capital which had enough people to celebrate all over the planet once the Empire was no more didn't had enough Rebel support for a good old Death Star treatment, curious.
>Your support of rebels will lead to the death of your family and friends.
No wonder everyone supported the Rebels lol.

imperialists showing themselves in this thread lmao

There are only a dozen or so terrorist in that nation you called Iraq but you killed thousands... I mean are you saying America is evil?

But america is evil indeed

Not my nation, and yeah, America is pretty shitty to any country whose interests don't some how make the USA richer.

Yea, but on a global scale their war mongering is actually helpful.

Well, no. Not really. Alderann didn't have any weapons at all. Its more like blowing up a housing development because you think a terrorist might live there.

To the people selling the guns your mean?
Who armed Saddam's Iraq again?
Hell, CIA trained torturers for Brazil's dictatorship under the guise of "fighting communism", guess how many non-communists got tortured and how many profitable deals the US made with that government.

They literally don't give two fucks for freedom, democracy or whatever, as long as it's on their side and they are profiting it could be fucking Hitler .

Verywell, I counter that with "I dont give's a fuck?"

Notice how you only hear the religious cultists mention the dark side. it's the equivalent of Government conspiracy theories to those who aren't in the know.

Agreed. They brought peace and justice to the galaxy.

The Empire were like the the nazis, of course they are the good guys

War is war, we can be nice to the remaining white's afterwards.

To be fair most people in that time didn't seem to know or care about the force, an officer literally told Vader out of all people that his old religion was not helping.

Well obviously, but just because the Empire is your favorite doesn't mean they're the "good guys"

Youre retarded if you think there are good guys and bad guys.

Dude, it's ok to like the bad guys in fiction, i love the Empire too, i'm just saying there's no point in denying who they are, Vader literally kills tons of kids as his first official act in office, Sheev creates and entire war that kills people all over the galaxy just to get on the top and they blow planets without even being sure if it will help, they are the bad guys, that's why they are so cool.

Just watch all 3 movies in the order they came out

Wow, that sounds a lot like TLJ...

you smell like reddit

What's all this shit about 4, 5, and 6? There are 3 Star Wars movies. The Ewok Christmas Special doesn't count.

The Republic was beurocracy at its most ridiculous. Nothing ever got done because of all the corruption, bribery, and reform-quashing disagreements that always come in a senate of literally thousands of systems. And then here comes Palpatine, who strives to be seen as a man who fights corruption and is steadfast in his political morality, who creates the empire after barely surviving an assassination attempt by religious cultists, (Who had been given a special status as "peacekeepers" of the government,) who stormed his office over "I think he's a sith lord." (McCarthyism, anyone?)

After he establishes his one party state, the empire rids itself of all of the republic's old problems in less than 5 years.

Damn, that's quite an assumption! I bet you wish you had a Death Star to blow my planet, just to be sure :^)

In D&D alignment terms, the Empire was lawful evil. They didn't care about how they brought about their order and were completely fine with killing people, even their own people for their incompetence. They had no problems blowing up planets just because a few rebels were there but so were lots of innocent people, just because they were too lazy/incompetent to go on the planet and beat just the rebellion there and as a lesson to everyone else.

Alderan was trash. If anything it was a service to the galaxy. Fucking space hippies

Hippies don't have monarchies with princesses

Hippies also weren't rich and proponents of the obviously failing political establishment.

Wasn't the clone army made for some attack on the Galaxy that the emperor predicted?

Just remember that anakin turned to the dark side not because he hates the jedis or that he did want to be powerful.
He did it because he truly believed he could have saved padme.
He was willing to kill and destroy the world just to save the one he loved.
Thats why Darth vader was such an asshole because he hates himself because he believed he let padme die,

In the EU, yes, that however is not "Cannon" anymore.

This is true. I root for Vader watching those movies. He's probably my favorite fictional character ever

>he hates himself because he believed he let padme die
That's not far from the truth.

I hate this new timeline

yeah, i'm not a fan either...

Its also why he killed the emperor to save luke.
Because he couldn't save his mother or padme but he knew he could save his son and he wasn't going to sit there and watch it happen to him again.

Sheev was the good guy, the Empire is just a bunch of puppets.

and then the bitch goes all spergy and bleeding heart about Anakin being evil. She got what was coming.

Thotbusters.

Duel of the fates vs Battle of the heroes
which is better?
I vote for battle of the heroes, the atmosphere was more menacing, felt like there was more at stake

Because of how battle of the heroes incorporated Duel of the fates into the long scene, I gotta go with that.

>not by destroying what we have
>saving what we love

Rose is new Vader confirmed

Can't wait for IX when Rose kills all the new younglings

I can't wait for Rose to get blacked by Finn then he leaves her to be a single mother.

No. It doesnt make sense. The empire went full holocaust with their deathstar. You cant be the good guys once you went full holocaust.

Havent watched the new ones but is she supposed to look like a downy Padme?

wait never mind her name is Rey

They end the same way they met... finn leaving to find rey...

F

>filename
>LOGo

watching 4,5,2,3,6 is the best order to watch them in actually. 5 ends on a cliff hanger, and 2 and 3 will give you back story relating to said cliff hanger. this order also completely ignores the first movie that you dont need to watch. everything you need to know is explained through dialouge very early into the second movie.

darth bane best sith

Diversity killed the empire.