But Monaco rejected the offer immediately and have whacked an £118m price tag on his head...

>But Monaco rejected the offer immediately and have whacked an £118m price tag on his head, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
>Literally the next Flopba

metro.co.uk/2017/05/02/monaco-tell-manchester-united-to-pay-47m-more-for-kylian-mbappe-as-71m-bid-is-rejected-6611965/

Can someone explain the transfer fee thing in relation to a murrrrrrican sports free agency?

Monaco want Manchester United's 1st round draft picks for the next 5 years

But does the player get any cut of that or hey have to negotiate his contract separately?

Manchester United is stupid

Manchester United is trying to pay Monaco, where Mbappe is still on contract, for the ability to sign him to new contract. In my understand he has the ability to negotiate his new contract but he doesn't see any of the transfer payment to Monaco.

pogba can finally pass to someone who can fucking score. united will be unstoppable.

Jewnaco have jewed United with Martial.Don't they realize that they are playing with them?

Why is his forehead so little??

If his agent is good he will negotiate an initial lump sum amount for the player (as well as for himself). We usually never now 100% these details though

Everyone gets a cut in transfers - agents, players, executive brokers, negotiators. It's stupid how much money is thrown around in football.

more aero and lower CoG makes him better@dribbling, he is literally designed for footy

>not just playing martial in st and buying an already proven striker to partner him like benzema for less than half the price while rotating rashford when needed
Who are the retards running United's transfers?

>rating a third of a season wonder

You'd think clubs would realize that africans mature 3-4 years earlier, and not to get drawn in by young age hype.

but he's french, mixed race and plays for monaco. clearly the next henry la

Henry was never a $100M striker mind, monaco is running a pump and dump scheme here. Wonder whether they hired the satoshi from porto

They actually did but he's not part of the organization anymore

I want this to be true

Basically you are paying the club who he is under contract with to release him from his contract so you can sign him. It has nothing to do with free agency.

The best analogy to US sports is that it is similar to a trade where one side is offering only cash and no players and this club is forced to sign the player they are trading for to a new contract.

The player gets no amount of the transfer fee, but some clever agents and other middlemen might get a cut.

He willl probably go to Real to substitute Benzema

That's the jist of it.

Traditionally, transfer fees are used by the receiving (current) club to pay off the remaining wages owed to the player. This is where the initial value is calculated from (generally.
>player earning 3mil/year for 3 years
>another team wants to sign him after his first season
>club is contractually obliged to pay him 6million more in wages
>player therefore costs AT LEAST 6million
Additional value is added to the sum based on a variety of factors, and is calculated on a case-by-case basis
>how much the player is worth to the club
>how much it would cost to sign a player of equal ability or value
>if the player has a high potential and the club wants compensation
And in some cases, that are becoming more and more common
>player has a release clause in his contract
>dictates he cannot move to a new club for anything less than an arbitrary fee (usually stupid high amount)

To answer your question
>free agency
All of this goes away if a player is no longer under contract. There is no transfer fee because he is not under contract with any club. He's free to sign with whomever he wants to.

Can't wait until he scores 5 goals in the final and United pay 400 billion for him.

Mbapee has been good so far but these price tags are insane.
He doesn't even look more promising than Martial.

Has Martial ever played to his level?

Lemar is better

>He doesn't even look more promising than Martial
What? Martial is a laughing stock

He is now.
He wasn't when he was bought.

I think so. Mbapee is a very good player but he also benefits greatly from better teammates and coach than Martial did.

My point is, he's too young to be worth 100M. It's insane.

Anyone know what the fuck this guy is talking about?
Are you fucking retarded? When you want something that doesn't belong to you you have to pay money for it, didn't your parents teach you what money is for?
Considering a player is not an object he gets payed for his performances as well.

It's not hard. It's the american draft system that's retarded.

Value is players being absolutely based on short term trends and ridiculously high makes them perfect for money laundering schemes.

>tfw ur team has all the money in the world to buy players at any price

feelsgoodbros

must be why they dominate CL

Younger players have more years of higher resale value

You're the one being retarded dude. I don't think you fully understand what you're commenting on

>shit managers for past 4 years
>pushing top 4 in Mou first year
>gonna win Europa
ALL THIS WINNING HAHAHAHA

>talking shit about Mbappe because he's being linked to Man Utd
Guy's the most exciting talent playing in the European leagues of the last decade.

mou is finished but you'll find out soon enough

I honestly believe dele alli is more impressive even just this season17 goals and 7 assists as 20 yo midfielder is insane that's an acceptable (not great) number for a good forward in his prime

Mbappe isn't going anyway. He said he wants to stay at Monaco for another season. Everyone just keeps ignoring this. See how he's doing this time next season and then we can talk.

Will you bandwagon a proper team once you guys bottomout to Celta/Lyon/Ajax, fall to 6th and bankrupt because almost every single sponsor of that dinky little club wants regular UCL football?

I'll just say he's the most promising black pacey lad of the past 2 years.
I wish he would remain one year longer in Monaco instead of going to wherever they pay more so he can warm the bench for a couple of years before getting loaned to a 6th place team in a 1 horse race league

Lads. It's the Metro.

he really should stay. monaco is a fine team to play for and at least he get's to start regularily. I don't think there's a bigger club that can afford him and will still start him as much as monaco does. right now it's just a good fit.

>black pacey lad
This is your whole national team. And why does pacey and black mean bad? Look at Eto'o, Ronaldo and Henry.

>He said he wants to stay at Monaco for another season
There you go my little 18 year old boy, have 150k per week plus bonuses to sit on the bench as Lingard's sub. Problem solved.

>And why does pacey and black mean bad
i think it's an issue if that is all someone has to offer. mpappe isn'T a offender for that imo if I hear that phrase I first think of sterling

His career is going to be so good, he doesn't need to move now to make money. Next season will show his consistency and confirm he's going to be one of the best players in the post-Messi/Cristiano era. He will have his pick of clubs and he'll go there as a first team player.

Wow, no need to be so rude friend.

Can't wait until this guy flops next year just so the hype wagon can GTFO

Interested to see what he does against Juve where he doesn't have bags of space to run into like he did against Dortmund.

Example if NBA works like this
> Lebron is playing with Cleveland. Has a 5 year contract
> Miami wants him. Offers the player more money, and the player wants to leave.
> Miami has to negotiate with Cleveland to pay some money to break the contract.
There is 2 ways:
> Agreement between clubs: Cleveland agrees to receive 100M$ and leave Lebron free to sign for Miami
> Release clause: In Lebron contract there is a clause to break the contract paying 120M$, so if he pays that money, is free to go where he wants. Is a hostile move to do that without a negotiation between clubs, but there are examples of this every year (That clause is common in Spain and Italy I think, not so much in other countries)

Or, you know, stay at Monaco, tear an ACL out of nowhere, become the new Rossi and never make it big. Can't think of many young players that didn't jump to the highest bidder at their first opportunity and still raised their value the next season.

He's talking about how much ketchup he wants on his burger

Maybe. I think he'd have the confidence in his own ability to think he's going to make it big regardless.

It's a meme you dip.
Let's be honest we had a lot of this sort of players recently that were hyped, didnt deliver those insane expectations and then got crushed by the media.
I like Mbappe and dont want the same fate for him.

Indeed. I think he's a great fit and can show consistancy while accumulating game time and experience.
When he does leave I'm not sure of where he would benefit more though

>It's a meme
Oh. Post discarded then.

>you dip
Yes, such a dip.

>>>/reddit/