/stonermetal/ - Stoner Metal general discussion

Post your favorite stoner metal albums here.

Other urls found in this thread:

harvester1.bandcamp.com/
harvester1.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=D-4FaCyiG8k
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZnK4BuqmYg
youtube.com/watch?v=g0fqYeT8u9A
youtu.be/eBHIUhH4REo
bongzilla.bandcamp.com/album/gateway
weedian.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=7l2MXNpmvdI
youtube.com/watch?v=bTp_ULl2vjE
youtube.com/watch?v=a_iHJA_Tl4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of the worst metal subgenres by very far, only has a handful of good albums.

Yob - Clearing the Path to Ascend

Every album Kyuss did.

Elder - Dead Roots Stirring

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Gotta disagree with you there my man

>nu-males and tourists have to make a separate DUDEWEED general because they're too scared to post in /metal/

IMO the best in both OM and Sleep's discog

Check out Harvester guys, they're fucking great and could use a little more support. Spread the word

harvester1.bandcamp.com/

Isn't today's /metal/ discussion about Christian metal? This doesn't fit.

>harvester1.bandcamp.com

This is good shit.

See what I mean? They should be huge but the market these days is a fucking whitewash, we need more word of mouth spreadage. Especially with metal, I fucking love metal.

Eh, there's just not a huge market for stoner metal in general, despite a massive number of new stoner metal bands coming out. Almost seems like every fan of the genre starts their own band. The market is flooded.

does queens of the stone age count as stoner metal
also what do you guys think of the stoner metal band called suma?

In interviews, QOTSA rejects the "stoner metal" label, preferring the label "desert rock". I personally think they get lumped in with stoner metal due to Josh Homme's association with Kyuss. Stoner rock, maybe. Not very metal, especially after their first couple albums.

Earth Witch
Dopelord

youtube.com/watch?v=D-4FaCyiG8k
what do you guys think of this band?
is this a good example of stoner metal or not?

Easily one of my favorite albums and bands. They're criminally underrated.

While I'm a big fan of Earthless and consider their guitarist one of the great virtuosos in the genre, I would hate to be their bassist or drummer. That guitar sucks up all the air in the room.

Fuck yes. This is awesome. Thank you for posting this. They're going on my listening list. Can't listen to them right now, though. Shotgunning Yob's discog atm.

yeah youre welcome dude
i only remembered them because i listened to them briefly in highschool before moving on to listen to cloud rap and dad rock

I don't know, I think the drums are pretty well represented, Rubalcala has a decent amount of drum solos. But you're right about the bassist, you can barely hear him.

Flooded/a whitewash, yea dude we're preachin from the same hymn sheet here I get ya. Just check em out, they're quality.

Granted, I've only heard one of their albums.

What's the difference between smoking pot and incense?

I can't believe I only first heard this band this year.

DUDE

this shit right here

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZnK4BuqmYg

good taste my man
check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=g0fqYeT8u9A

you need to be stabbed in the face newfag

first day on Sup Forums trying to be edgelord ends up looking like a 12 yo faggot. sad.

I Want You She's So Heavy is the first truly doom metal track

What's the big diference about regular doom and stoner?

youtu.be/eBHIUhH4REo

they kick ass

bongzilla.bandcamp.com/album/gateway

One of my first favorites in the genre, also love the art to death.

NEW SLEEP ALBUM THIS YEAR!
weedian.com/

Oh shit the title is pretty clever

People keep calling marijuana the gateway drug

Beast in the Field: The Sacred Above The Sacred Below
youtube.com/watch?v=7l2MXNpmvdI

Weedruid: Into The Acid Swamp
youtube.com/watch?v=bTp_ULl2vjE

Bong - Mana-Yood-Sushai

fuck yes bong is the best drone metal

Is it fair that I consider myself a fan of stoner metal even though the only bands I listen to regularly are Sleep and Electric Wizard, and Black Sabbath if they count too?
Thing is, I like other stoner metal sometimes, but a lot of it is super droney. At least the aforementioned bands have some groove to their music.

I feel like a lot of people overlook them because of the name, yet they're so good. And the Dunsanian fantasy themes of the lyrics is a big plus for me, as well.

It's okay to not really like stoner metal and just be a tourist around the edges, faggot.

Oh. I see. That's what I am.

new Electric Wizard leak when?

the only metal album i truly love, everything else is just annoying to me

Classic

I like this thread

Try The Sword if you want stoner metal with some groove. They get absolutely no love here.

Is sludge welcome? Saw these dude live a while back and was blown away, great tone. Their guitarist plays bass in Seidr and I love that band

youtube.com/watch?v=a_iHJA_Tl4M

best stoner voice in the game you faggots

i learned about the sword here on Sup Forums
there's plenty of love for this fantastic group

Agreed. When that fuzz drops in toward the end of At Giza...

Really digging OM lately

>Boris show on the 28th
>friend is making weed brownies

You can hear the bassist pretty well but he ends up playing the same shit for like 20 minutes straight, they should give him more room to improvise. I think the drummer could go a little outside standard rock drumming too.

How hasn't this been posted yet?

Check this out of you haven't already

really good licks on this album