This is my first time listening to this. These are the best songs they ever wrote...

This is my first time listening to this. These are the best songs they ever wrote. After listening to the demos and bootlegs and covers by other bands decades after the fact, I am confident in my assessment.

How does a band fuck up a studio album recording so badly? Stupid vocal choices, unnecessary overdubs, silly fancy-pants arrangements, annoying vocal choices (yeah, watch me now!). Was John Cale really that important or instrumental in reining Lou in?

Anyway it sucks to think what might have been.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_RPCI2H1sV4
youtube.com/watch?v=_-bYKWwgphg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This. I don't get why people hate Loaded.

No, you missed my point. The SONGS are great. The way they're RECORDED is terrible. Loaded is a shitty album unless you listen to the demos and the songs that were cut and the live bootlegs from that era and you realize that if they made different choices during the recording process, it could have been amazing.

it's a great album, people shit on it way too much

pretty stupid opinion there mate. TVU&N and TVU are better albums lyrically and in terms of sing writing WLWH is the best

Loaded is the most middle of the road, non Velvet sounding album of their discog and that is why it is hated

Who Loves The Sun is goat

because it's quintessentially dad rock.

self-titled album is their masterpiece. fight me.

I wish the songs were more like What Goes On and Beginning to See the Light and less like Jesus and Candy Says

>I wish the album had less of their best songs, and more of their shit ones in it

>Jesus and Candy Says
i'm one of those people who don't find these songs corny though i can see why somebody would

>preferring mediocre folk pop to amazing garage rock

I actually love Candy Says but I don't like it on the album

>was John Cale really that important
yeah
he was the richard wright of tvu and helped keep lou's autism in check while making every song he touched considerably better

>there are people who don't think Sister ray is there magnum opus
I'll respect people who prefer heroin but that's it

sunday morning is better than both of them put together jsyk

banana album is best

Stephanie Says is the best Velvet Underground song

I'll fight anyone who disagrees

Not sure if i completely get what you are pointing at...
>These are the best songs they ever wrote
Does that imply that it's the instrumental that's wrong, or just the recording?

Because if you are complaining over the instrumental, I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate move, to make a more mainstream appealing album since their last 3 albums hadn't really sold that well. Pretty sure their record label wanted some more sales, and pushed them in this direction.

t. Poptomist retards

i see self-titled as their white album. it's meant to be eclectic.

1 all of their music is pop 2 sister ray and heroin are memes that people have no clue how to talk about outside of how '''influential''' and '''cutting edge''' they are

sunday morning is a genuinely well put together song which stands up on its own. sister ray is fine on its own but when retards try to hold it up as something special i cant help but have a laugh- goes double for people who think heroin was good

You want to say that again punk?

>(x) music is a meme because I said so

>x is y because z said so
every conversation in the history of ever

when the day comes that someone writes something about sister ray worth reading that can help with my appreciation of it i will reconsider but ive kept an open mind and its never happened

What?!? Boiling every conversation ever down to
>x is y because z said so
Might some be some of the dumbest shit I have ever read.

because you say so right

all of you are wrong and this is the best thing the VU ever ever did

youtube.com/watch?v=_RPCI2H1sV4

Not an argument

i would also accept this as an answer as long as it was the cleaned up version on the wl/wh super edition

youtube.com/watch?v=_-bYKWwgphg

because you say so right

non arguments do not require arguments in response

which is why you don't have an argument