If technical sound mma fighters pursued boxing instead, what would happen?

If technical sound mma fighters pursued boxing instead, what would happen?

>fedor brothers
>conor
>jorge
>frankie
>cody
>jon
>rumble

boxing would be killed

Technically sound in MMA = arms wider then your mom's hole for grappling advantages =/= boxing stance

>shoots heroin

still too soon desu

post octagon murder

boxing is for when there's no mma or kickboxing on

i watch local orgs but was amazing

All of these guys would be the boxing equivalent of a WWE jobber.

you're in for a shock

I hope you aren't implying that Conor is going to beat Floyd.

fuck off doubter

He won't though

I'm just being real. Floyd is a world class athlete. Conor is an Irish plumber who pretends to be one. I do find it funny that he's going to make 50 million and never step foot in the octagon again.

Conor is going to KO Mayweather inside three rounds. Just beat the fuck out of him and barely get touched.

Also, Anthony Johnson would KO Anthony Joshua inside ONE minute.

he will
>Floyd is a world class athlete.
>Conor is an Irish plumber who pretends to be one
fuck whatever else you said, one trains to box and one trains to box, kickbox, grapple and does jiu jutsu.

>rumble v joshua
wew

I'm sorry to offend you but there are no world class athletes in MMA. When you pay your athletes(im using this term very loosely) 8 grand to show and 8 grand to win you really shouldn't be surprised when you have a roster full of drywallers and baristas. No decent athlete is going to agree to step into the octagon for chump change. The fact that conor has been begging Floyd for years for a payday speaks volumes about mma.

>there are no world class athletes in MMA
kys

>Jon Jones
>Not a world class athlete
You're retarded. Both of his brothers are in the NFL, it's in his genes.

>No world class athletes
>Yoel Romero, Olympic Wrestling Silver medallist in 2000
>Daniel Cormer, Captain of the Olympic Team in 2008
>Henry Cejudo, Olympic Gold Medallist in 2008
ffs

most mma fighters are literally Olympian wrestlers and boxers you dickhead

If they were good enough to be boxers they would be, instead of fighting for peanuts as Dana White's bitches

Holly Holm is literally a SIXTEEN TIME World Boxing champion.

Think before you speak.

They want to be fighters, not pathetic pillow tappers. Nobody bases their career solely on money.

His brothers are world class athletes. Jon is unironically the failure of the family. He's 6'5 and can't even dunk. He knows it and that's probably why he roids and abuses drugs so often. He is the best athlete in MMA but that really doesn't mean much.

This, any ufc fighter would be a boxer if they had the skills to do so. Hell, most of them would rather be working for Vince McMahon over Dana White.

Let's break this down
>Henry Cejudo
Olympic Gold Medallist
>Yoel Romero
Olympic Silver Medallist
>Daniel Cormier
Captain of the Olympic Team
>Holly Holm
Multiple time World Boxing champion
>Alistair Overeem
World Kickboxing Grand Prix Champion
>Khabib Nurmagomedov
Multiple Sambo World Championships
>Semmy Schilt
4 Time World Kickboxing Grand Prix Champion
>Joanna Jędrzejczyk
6x World Muay Thai Champion

You can be a world class combat sport athlete outside of boxing, you know?

see
Why would Olympic Wrestlers want to be boxers?

Sure but boxing is the only one that's respected and the pay reflects that. MMA is a joke and not a funny one. The biggest draw in MMA history was a professional wrestler who came in and dominated your so called world class athletes with minimal training. If Brock could do that then what would a guy like lebron or von miller do?

The paycheck

The biggest draw in MMA history is Conor McGregor. Regardless, that's not the point here. You claimed there was no world class fighters in MMA, which I clearly disproved.

Brock got beat the fuck out of the sport.

A rugby league player dominated boxing.

Yes, I'm sure Daniel Cormier needs a big paycheck...

A rugby league player beat the fucking shit out of the guy that put Mayweather on fucking queer street, LOL.

Pillow tap is a fucking shit show

Also Brock was literally kicked out of the sport of MMA with a ruptured stomach due to ALISTAIR OVEREEM, a WORLD KICKBOXING GRAND PRIX CHAMPION.

Eh?

If they were world class they would be boxers. Just because you win a medal in some shit tier sport doesn't make you a world class fighter. Brock is also a bigger draw than conor and a better athlete as well.

Daniel Cormier, after only training striking for six months, beat the fucking shit out of Lucas Browne standing in his third ever MMA fight. Cormier sent that piece of garbage back to the shitshow that is boxing, where the competition is a little easier and where Browne went on to win a world championship

FUCKING LOL.

Daniel Cormier would suck Floyd's dick to get the opportunity conor is getting. Conor honestly has no business being in a boxing ring but he talked his way into a squash match with Floyd for big money and I respect that.

Why the fuck would wrestlers want to be boxers, you mong? Do you not understand that some people might not want to box? Some people might just want to train in wrestling, or jiu-jitsu, or muay thai? You've literally already said that you can be a world class combat athlete outside of boxing, but now suddenly, you've changed your story and said 'you can only be world class if your a boxer xDD'

Are you honestly this retarded?

Then brock had to come back after he healed up just to save ufc 200. You guys forget that he took a break from his pro wrestling to save the sport of mma.

kek

I said fighters. Fighter and athlete are two completely different things. Boxers just happen to be both and the pay reflects their skill level.

>Save the sport of MMA
I'm sure people would of still bought it, regardless of Brock Lesnar. Nobody even likes Brock Lesnar, only WWE fans who's entire fanbase is autistic.

>Me: 'You can be a world class combat sport athlete outside of boxing, you know?'
>You: 'Sure but boxing is the only one that's respected and the pay reflects that'
You literally agreed that you can be a world class combat athlete outside of boxing. Stop backtracking.

Brock saved that shit show and beat the shit out of hunt in the process. Brock fucking Lesnar had to save the ufc and their biggest show to date.

Why aren't you responding to the Aussie saying DC beat the fuck out of Lucas Browne, who is now a boxing world champion?

MMA fans are pretty autistic too

I'm sure he did in an mma fight.

DC literally outboxed Lucas Browne and TKO'd him in Round 1.

Let's face it, a big reason why MMA is so popular in the US is because it promotes white Anglo fighters that the fans can identify with.

Champions by race
>HW: White
>LHW: Black
>MW: White
>WW: Black
>LW: White
>FW: Black (Brazilian)
>BW: White
>FLW: Black
Noticing a pattern here?

DC always has the threat of the takedown and is a big reason he is successful in the stand up. If you take that away he doesn't offer a whole lot.

Arguably the top 3 greatest MMA fighters of all time are all black. You don't know what you're talking about.

It's basically the new pro wrestling.

What do you not understand here? HE STOOD WITH A CURRENT BOXING WORLD CHAMPION AND BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF HIM. If boxing is so 'world class', why didn't Lucas Browne just knock the fuck out of him in the first couple of mins?

More MMAutists for shits and giggles

Boxers can't even beat rugby league players.

Stand up in MMA and the sweet science of boxing are two completely different things. Do you honestly believe that DC would have the same result in a boxing match? Why are third worlders so fucking dense?

Put a boxer in an MMA cage and an MMA fighter will win. Put an MMA fighter in a boxing ring and a boxer will win. That's not my point here. I'm not saying MMA is better than boxing or boxing is better than MMA, you don't understand my point here. I'm saying that it is very possible to be a world class combat athlete outside of boxing and many of them ply their trade in MMA.

I have no nothing against boxing, it's just that I find it insulting to say there's no world class athletes in MMA when you literally agreed with me, then backtracked.

LeBron James is a world class athlete. Find me a LeBron in MMA.

There are world class fighters in MMA. Fighter and athlete are two different things. MMA doesn't pay well enough to attract world class athletes and that's a fact. Why would a Dez Bryant agree to get kicked in the head for 20 grand when he can make hundreds of millions playing football over the course of his career?

Dez Bryant would get killed if he tried to step into the cage so who gives a fuck

Dez would most likely dominate the pseudo-sport with minimal training let's just be honest. The gap in athleticism from football to mma is insane.

No he would not. He would get his glass jaw shattered inside 3 minutes by anybody. NFL players suck shit.

You're fucking ridiculous dude. People don't watch fight sports for the athleticism. Athleticism has nothing to do with it.

Brock Lesnar is easily the most athletically gifted person to ever step foot in the octagon and he won the sports biggest prize. That same brock who dominated mma couldn't make the practice squad in the nfl. What do you think would happen if you took one of the world's best athletes and trained him to fight? He would dominate mma in ways you have never seen. Also if you think nfl players are pussies you are very wrong.

Sports=athletics
Now somehow people don't watch them for the athleticism?

Brock did win with athleticism, he won with wrestling, and he did not dominate MMA. He went 1-1 with Frank Mir and was then beat out of the sport and exposed as a roiding fraud.

Brock also got his shit rocked a bunch of times. Athleticism isn't important.

Did NOT win with athleticism*

>Now somehow people don't watch them for the athleticism?

They watch fights for technique, willpower, intelligence, drama...not for athletics. That's for gymnastics and basketball.

He won with athleticism. His amateur wrestling isn't anywhere near Olympic level so let's not pretend he's Kurt fucking angle and he hadn't done it competitively in a decade. He was just more physically gifted than everyone else and it took a life threatening injury to dethrone him.

You can honestly see the same technique and fighting skill in the ufc at your local bar between two drunks. It's really not some high level sport.

Connor washed out of boxing in amateurs lol he has no shot against Mayweather. You know Mayweather is only going to agree to fight if it's boxing rules.

He had the wrestling advantage over Mir, the size advantage over old age Randy, and he beat Carwin by Carwin gassing himself out.

He then got beat out if the sport.

Ok man, whatever, you super hate UFC, I get that. Either you don't watch combat sports or you're too young to drink, because bar fights are pathetic.

t. bouncer

He had a life threatening disease man. He got beat up pretty bad but he was nowhere near healthy. The athletic commission should not have let him fight in the first place against Cain. This was almost as bad as when they let cm punk fight.

You must bounce at a gay bar. I've seen some pretty brutal bar fights.

Excuses

I have too. There's no technique, intelligence, drama, tactics or fighting skill. You know you're being a stupid faggot by suggesting drunks have the same fighting skill and technique as people who train for decades for this shit.

It's called the truth. Healthy Brock was a force. He got sick and went back to wrestling where he makes a lot of money to do nothing.

I have literally seen mma fights in the ufc where there are two guys with their eyes closed aimlessly swinging on each other. That's bar brawling tier.

lol if you think an above-average striker in mma can compete with pro boxers.

It has to be a boxing match. The ufc can't afford Floyd.

Rugby League players can. Maybe the threat of the tackle had Mosley shook?

It's called a work and you got worked. Brock is a pussy who wasn't cut out for the fight game.

>lands a million hits
>doesnt really hurt the guy

holy shit mma is gay. these dudes cant fight.

MMAustism is a serious mental disorder.

You can't seriously think brock is a pussy. He may not be the goat fighter but he's far from a pussy. He only gets shit on because of WWE.

you're kidding yourselves if you think boxers are better strikers than mma fighters

In terms of UFC fighters and fighters in general he is absolutely a pussy. He made a big excuse and bowed out back to where he can be a bully in peace and people don't hit back.

Drunk adults watching fights and Autistic men watching mandrama are the same thing
really makes me think

>Fail at boxing
>Go do MMA

Try and tell me otherwise. Looking at the "striking" in MMA is cringe worthy. The way they throw punches with shit technique and no power behind the punch is funny as fuck.

A failed boxer "Conor McShitor" is literally dominating the MMA with his shitty boxing and no ground game.

It's been admitted in this very thread by mma fanboys that UFC is the same as WWE. Vince McMahon just pays better than Dana White.

Being tough and athletic counts for a lot in boxing. Maybe the rugby league guy was gifted?

It speaks volumes about mma as a sport when a guy who couldn't box and was working as a plumber is now the best fighter in the world.