Ontario

Hello Ontario Anons, last thread i made had like 4 dubs in 14 posts where it was asking for ways to dissuade my friend from the course he's on; making a new provincial party "Ontario First", due to Ontario being cucked and the end result is just gona be embarrassment for him.

I know he's serious because he published his platforms and apparently is in the process of reserving the party name.

The idiot put them in a word doc, but if you care to read
mediafire.com/download/lnj195vif214fhb/Ontario First Party.docx

So, yea basically i need good arguments to dissuade from this course he's on. And please dont have the suggestion be "tell him to make a federal level Canada first party".

Stop shilling your stupid shit, but just because I'm curious what are your policies regarding divorce, abortion and gay marriage?

>"Ontario First"

Sign me the fuck up for this.

what must we do to get you on board OP.

India has too many libs to work, try Saskatchewan.

Ontario IS cucked. That's why we in Northern Ontario (and btw Barrie is not fucking north) need to seperate from the rest of you.

I'd vote for that.

>South votes conservative
>North votes liberal
Get out

I'll copy paste his divorce platform

Introduction
Marriage has always been an important aspect of society. The British empire, Roman, Greek and any other major historical empire could not have prospered were it not for marriage. Divorce has reached a shocking and horrible rate projected at roughly 42% within Ontario. Some homophobic individuals believe that marriage was devalued when we legalized gay marriage. The Ontario First Party, believes that marriage was devalued when all of its benefit became void and it became nothing more than a way to get better tax rates. In the interests of a strong Ontario and to once more make us one of Canada’s greatest provinces, the Ontario First Party is set on making marriage a logical and beneficial choice to the people of Ontario.

>Outline
A new optional form of marriage
The removal of common law
An official and fairer way of determining child custody in event of divorce
Caps on child support
Min payments for child support
Caps on spousal support
Time limits on spousal support
Better post-nuptial agreements

>A new optional form of marriage
The Ontario First Party will introduce what is going to be called “committed marriage”. Spouses within committed marriage may only divorce when spousal abuse or child abuse can be proven, or false claims of spousal abuse and/or child abuse. Additionally, divorce can happen if one partner commits infidelity or becomes a convicted felon under Canadas criminal code. Owners of a marriage licence may apply to have the licence replaced with a committed marriage one. This is an important step, in reintroducing the value and benefit of marriage to society and will work towards decreasing our dramatically high divorce rate.

Marriage licences? This is stupid the government needs to get out of religious affairs DROPPED

>The Removal of Common Law
Common Law devalues marriage by forcing individuals who may otherwise would not have gotten married to become spouses in the eyes of the government. Common Law partners may apply for a real marriage or committed marriage should they so choose to want to remain married in the eyes of the government.

>An official and fairer way of determining child >custody in event of divorce
One unattractive aspect of marriage is how divorce can potentially ruin a male’s life forever. The Ontario First Party seeks to address this starting with a process to determine child custody. Currently 79.3% of divorces in Canada see exclusive custody granted to the mother 12.8% joint custody and a measly 6.6% exclusive father custody. The current divorce system has failed men and overly favored women. The Ontario government under the Ontario First Party will move away from the federal divorce act and will have its own system of determining child custody.
1) Being guilty of spousal/child abuse will disqualify you from child custody, as will lying about spouse/child abuse.
2) Both spouses will be required to provide a psychological evaluation stating they are fit to raise children, failure to provide this will disqualify you, unless both parents fail to provide it.
3) Criminal history will automatically disqualify a parent from child custody unless both have one
4) Proven infidelity will disqualify you from child custody, unless both partners were cheating.
5) The income of the two spouses will be examined to determine who can better financially support the child, instead of forcibly taking money from one parent to give to the other.
No longer would an act of love such as working hard enough that your spouse can be a stay at home parent, become a reason for your child to be taken from you.

>What if both parents are disqualified?
If both parents are disqualified by the same criteria, then joint custody is awarded If one spouse were to fail #1 and another spouse were to fail #3 the parent who failed #3 would be awarded custody.

>Caps on Child Support
The official cap on child support will be 1100 dollars a month per child, the only exception to this is if the child has a serious medical condition not covered by a healthcare plan that the other parent must contribute towards for without it, the child will surely suffer. Do note despite this cap, a partner may voluntarily pay more on child support.

>Minimum payments on Child Support
Would be 24% of your yearly income, for example an individual who makes 50k a year pays 1k a month, however if the amount derived from that percentage exceeds the cap, then the cap will override the min.
>Caps on Spousal Support
Spousal Support will receive an official cap of 2000 dollars a month; its called support, not a free ride through life. Furthermore, a partner who cheated before the divorce is no longer entitled to spousal support. Do note despite this cap, a partner may voluntarily pay more on Spousal support.

>Time limit on Spousal Support
After ten years of separation an individual will no longer be entitled to spousal support.

>Better post-nuptial agreements
Any new asset purchased may be added to a post-nuptial agreement before the purchase has been made in the interest of protecting new assets where only one spouse is paying the costs of the asset or a significant amount of the cost.

>Conclusions
By making divorce an equal process rather than the mockery it currently is, the incentive of taking an easy divorce instead of fixing relationships will be gone and therefore amount of divorces will decrease. Furthermore, the implementation of a new optional form of marriage will lower divorce rates, not because of a majority of Ontario’s citizens engaging in the optional form of marriage, but rather because it will cause them to think about their marriage further and the implications on there future. With the removal of common law, those who wish to cohabitate but not be married will have there wishes respected. The implementation of a method in which individuals may protect future assets will reduce the worry of bachelors in joining their life in union with another. All of these changes will allow the Ontario Ontario First Party to successfully combat the rising divorce rate and the falling marriage rate.

Read his platforms man, they're fairly retarded and not going to work.

for any anons who are to lazy to read 11 pages of shit he posted a TLDR of his platforms on facebook

To try and get people interested in the platforms without having to scroll through an 11 page word doc the following is a TLDR version of the platforms.
#1 Goal: Reduce the provinces debt with less spending, where money will only be spent towards the debt or crucial yearly expenses such as healthcare.
#2 Tax reform both personal and business, personal income tax is taking a drop and no more death tax. New corporate tax rates will make us the most competitive province in Canada.
#3 Divorce court reform, new optional form of marriage, caps and mins on spousal and child support, removal of common law
#4 Repeal the new sex ed curriculum entirely and then try to implement certain parts of it, with consultation from parents. The new curriculum was politically driven not driven by the needs of Ontario's citizens, as evidenced by implementing it without consulting parents.
#5 A promise to never repeat the mistakes of the previous government when dealing with unions.
#6 RCMP investigation into records and actions of previous governments, a long laundry list of corruption and incompetence shows that nothing short of a neutral 3rd party such as the RCMP being required to investigate what happened and if anyone is criminally liable.
#7 A transparent and accountable government, no more information being found out because of leaked documents.
#8 Healthcare reform, preferably by working with the federal government to nationalize healthcare otherwise if not viable a recognition that healthcare needs to be reformed but not committed to any one backup solution
#9 Election reform, the system that resulted in federal liberals getting double the seats of conservatives with only 7% more of the vote is not the system that will represent Ontario's desires best.

#10 A commitment to justice and getting through court backlogs, appointing new judges as necessary and constructing necessary courthouses. The only promise that will cost $ and will take a backseat if doing so would make goal #1 impossible (which will just further demonstrate how economically wrecked the previous government left us)
#11 Reducing the min. wage to 9.70/hr. Ontario is not swimming in jobs, a lower min. wage is key to creating more jobs without spending ludicrous sums of money. Anyone who says they can create jobs without lowering the min. wage is a liar or intends to never address our debt problem. Furthermore, thanks to lower tax rates despite the ~15% reduction in wage take home yearly pay is only reduced by ~5%.
#12 When it comes to the environment fundamentally we want clean water to drink and clean air to breathe nothing will be implemented that hinders those goals unless the economic benefit is undeniably huge.

I like some of the shit, but all in all i'm jsut getting a vibe this isn't going to end well, can some anons give me the ammo to convince him to stop

To be fair is ANYONE going to have the government get out of marriage?

Marriage should involve you, your wife (or husband if you're a woman) and the church nothing else. The government should have no say in it

I'm with you man, but is anyone going to try and implement that? My buddy's a centralist with a lean to the right and i'd rather be convincing him to not run than this, hell i've already failed at convincing him to not run a couple times but i still think i have a better shot at doing that then convincing him about the gov.

OP you sound like a fucking cuck. Who cares, let him try. Even if it's not successful, he can get some people to agree and spread some ideas.

>got called a cuck
WELL-
Na, actually rereading i guess your right, but the best case scenario i see is him being ignored and not accomplishing anything with the worst being media evisceration, and while my buds smart he's no God emperor.

Tell your friend he needs to stage a coup for any real change to happen. our system of government is a type of an oligarch which is corrupt from the inside and out so it creates corrupt leaders no matter who gets in to it. This is why we need a complete overhaul which will involve an armed uprising (which is never going to happen btw unless you're backed by a foreign state or get the military on your side).

I don't even know why you feel the need to stop him, nothing will come of it, he'll have his party but it will amount to nothing. The system will always be a 2 party system with Liberals vs conservatives where both sides are catering to the interests of foreign entites more than Canadians