do you miss it?

I never was on there, but...
R.I.P.

not really since redacted is doing fine

Soulseek

redacted is even better, no curry shit freeleech

Yes because I'm too lazy to do the redacted interview

yeah
marked the end of me torrenting and ive pretty much been coasting off of spotify recs and youtube explorations since then
dark ages

apollo (pooploop) is more your speed

No it's not, what level of autism made you post that?

exigo music

no because i never even used it even though i had an account. slsk and Sup Forumsarchive pretty much has everything I would want.

I miss it but I did grow to rely on it too much. Now I don't really mess with private trackers.

RETARD! SOULSEEK!

fuck off /ptg/

fuck off rajeesh

i've been set for life for years
now back to your containment thread you go

Fuck off Brandon we know it's you . Who else doesn't have a life like you?

I have been using Soulseek, Rutracker and Ulozto and I always found what I wanted

wow anonymous hero over here saving the day by telling me about soulseek what a legend

all i have right now is a chromebook and an old laptop running lxle so any kind of torrenting is off the table until i stop being autistic and install an os that can actually run things or just buy a new comp

what

Fuck off lard ass.
>I just lurk now guy lol
Sure

the fuck are you babbling about

what.

DELETE THIS

Brandon stop embarrassing yourself

spill the beans on exigo or I will cry

hownew.ru

MODS!

It was the end of an era, for sure. First was the era of P2P programs like Kazaa. Then was the era of Oink. And finally, was the era of What. It lasted a long time - so much longer than anyone predicted. I was utterly shocked and way more emotional about it than I thought I would be when What shut down.

But I don't miss it. For we are in a new era now. The era of Apollo.

>Apollo is hemorrhaging users
>forums are a ghost town
>most torrents completely unseeded
>Apollo staff caught faking stats again

t. Zed

assuming half this thread is ptg-baiting or ptg baiting, do you think red is doing the right thing for longevity/community so far?
I like the initial upload they give out, the change to tokens over normal fl, and the lowered ratio requirements, but I'm not sure it can get users and activity like what did to ensure swarm health/niches in the library. also, aware this is paradoxical, but do you think disallowing leaks was a good idea?

well theyre doing better than apollo so i think theyll be ok for now.

I've been on RED since near its inception and I've only seen activity increase. I download primarily V0, but a lot of FLAC too.

From December until a few months ago - for FLAC and V0 alike (but especially V0) - most torrents I grabbed were not only single seeded but often didn't connect properly. Now most of the torrents I'm hopping on have 5-10 seeds, and even the single seeded torrents are connecting. I'm noticing fewer dead torrents too.

The tokens have definitely helped, and I think they encourage long-term growth/stability way better than periodic sitewide freeleeches. I see less of the famine/bounty mentality that caused activity to careen up and down back on What and lead to people hoarding ratio. Every indication points to the admin team at RED giving away tokens frequently and generously as standard operating procedure, which is perfect imo.

Overall, the site works for my needs incredibly well. What more could I ask?

yes, but Redacted is doing great at the moment

fuck off sadistic racist piece of shit

>Disallowing leaks
What is this referring to??

Absolutely. I've been a member of Redacted for about two weeks now and it's great (inb4 >/marked/). But there have already been a few times where I went to Redacted to search for something and I couldn't find it. And a few more times where the only version they have is FLAC, and no-one has transcoded it to 320/v0 yet. I could find literally *anything* I searched for on What, and it was always available in a wide variety of options. Redacted isn't there yet, not even close. But it hasn't even been a year yet, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for a couple years.

That being said: If either Red or Apollo (Likely Red) wants to grow to be as big as What.CD, or even bigger, it needs to establish itself as more than just a WCD refugee camp. By the time WCD went down, I would guess the majority of users had never even heard of OiNK. WCD grew out of its predecessor, Redacted doesn't seem to want to do the same.

sort of, yeah. i used passtheheadphones after it died, but the owner was a cocky conflictive degenerate, so i quit and only upload to rutracker/slsk now

I joined RED last week and just found out that I missed 140 free downloads by like two weeks

t. Z

>complaining about everything being lossless
The absolute state of redacted users

I miss Grooveshark more t/b/h

>all those rare recordings
>gone
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT