Is this the best metal album released this gen?

is this the best metal album released this gen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5r7JggjuKU
youtu.be/6oWxfAvJKhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes.
>inb4 t. ourist

>metal

excuse me

Mgla is a vacationist hotspot

>I got this on vinyl
end me

pffft ahahha no

this is

>inb4 autists and contrarians

i am 12 and wat is this?

this, pic related and Nails' Unsilent Death.

*blocks your path*

This

>inb4 nu male
Stay mad trve fags

>all these meme albums ITT
Wew lad

meme galore

how could anybody in their right mind actually like sunbather? it's so cliche and kitschy it's disgusting. every chord progression is so fucking predictable. there isn't a single moment on the album where i'm left wondering what the next note they're going to play is

what a monumental pleb

it's literally Babby's First Chord Progressions: The Black Metal Album.

Let's hear some of your favorite metal albums

Autism

all of those albums are good except for sunb8r

what is gen? is this too old to be considered this gen?

good album. but barely metal and barely this gen

Step the fuck out of the way

Hung bunny into Roman dog bird is one of the best 2 song streaks out there

i would throw dimensiones del trance kosmico in here
youtube.com/watch?v=L5r7JggjuKU

this isn't metal. Some hipsters decided to take the star bucks indie ukulele songs they wrote and put distortion over it, and scream, and turn up the drum tempo.

Blood Incantation's star spawn is a pretty decent metal release though. Haven't been listening to much new stuff.

Grimmrobe Demos is the only Sunn album I've heard, where should I go next if it's exactly what I want?

it's a (not) metal album for (not metal) fans. The same kind of metal fans who listen to Kylessa, Baroness, Krallice, and all that other shit.

>Blood Incantation's star spawn is a pretty decent metal release though
good taste. that album gets me HYPE

>Krallice
i'm a metal fan and krallice is one of my all time favorites. those other bands arent good though

Love this album
Is their new stuff good? Even if it's a different style of metal I still like their stuff, want to know if it's worth it.

youtu.be/6oWxfAvJKhE

if you haven't heard of them check out time ghoul, BI draws a lot of influence from them.

tourism

>time ghoul
i tried listening to them a few years back because their album artwork is god-tier, but i don't really remember much about it. i'll give it another shot. thanks for the rec

I like The Body but this isn't even close to Grimmrobe.

I mean who recommends someone asking about Sunn something with a loud drum intro.

just a little conceptual leap friend
as in you might like this, a little different, but similar tones

Sorry man, you were right. Although the bass is a little low in the mix, I get it, I can just adjust the eq on my computer.

Nope

Very solid
Great, but not metal imo
Very Good
Bad

Would add pic related to the debate

meth
>
>
>
>
drinker

>nobody has posted the ultimate plebeian touristic nu male filter; the AOTY 2017
Shame on all of you.

These are all solid records, too. I am especially gonna second that Kaevum because it doesn't have the notoriety of the others and people are turned off cuz muh NSBM.

Inquisition may be the best thing ITT so far. DSO is great but I'm not sure if I'd say it's the best. The best metal album of this generation is indeed black metal but for the life of me I can't pick which one. WHat are our year cutoffs here?

This year is not as interesting imo. I liked Pallbearer, Full of Hell, Chelsea Wolfe, Nokturnal Mortum, Amenra, and Ruins of Beverast. Going to listen to Primitive Man soon.

Metal aoty is probs Nokturnal Mortum for me, as solid as their previous albums.

My vote is this.
Album is insanely good.

bumpdy dumpty

>barely metal

what are you smoking

this XD

all fine choices itt so far.