The Philosophy of Jigsaw

I would've made this thread on Sup Forums but that board doesn't know anything about philosophy. Anyway, how would you define Jigsaw's philosophy? Was he right? Are there any philosophical texts that validate his methods?

This isn't a shitpost or a veiled movie thread. I genuinely want to analyze Jigsaw's philosophy.

You should have done this in Sup Forums

Wtf bolsonaro, he said that Sup Forums didn't know shit about philosophy.

F
U
C
K

O
F
F

N
I
G
G
E
R

film discussion goes on philosophy discussion goes on

Yeah, but it is about a movie.
/lit/ only entertains itself with high literature, and I don't even think that entertain would be the right verb; I think we enrich ourselves with the highest form of art, we're indifferent to the surrogate activities of the unwashed masses.

Okay so the mod should delete this thread.

fuck off

sage

If philosophy discussion goes on /his/ then why does /lit/ have so many threads about the Greeks? I'm confused.

>/lit/ only entertains itself with high literature
There's a fantasy general here even though /trash/ exists

Greek plays, fool

Indeed. People also talk about "horror" lit and science fiction.

Cause philosophy with authors is literature.
"General" philosophy is not

> those discussions of philosophy that take place on /lit/ should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.
"Works" doesn't mean children's films.

We discuss philosophy too, but about the different kinds of philosophy. And your question is too vague. It's hard to say what kind of philosophy he fits. You should do a research about the character and try to find about the ideas behind him, like how the director of the movie had this idea, what was his inspiration? This kind of thing.

Okay, thanks.

Saw maybe a garbage franchise, but one of them cribbed a situation outlined in Poe’s story “The pit and the pendulum”.

He's not right, but it is a much more creative guideline than other similar characters. He's more about making people who were taking their lives for granted fight for them instead of "you're bad guy you die". It's not profound, but it's a decent deviation.

>/lit/ only discusses Greek plays

newfag detected

bump

It's dependence and being ignored. Later posted and seen as of right now. Raising my asshole.

/phy/

Saw series is shit tier