Can we be real, there is no better and more complete band than Pink Floyd

Can we be real, there is no better and more complete band than Pink Floyd.

The mere fact that nobody talks about Pink Floyd every day means that the world has no idea what "things are the best".

That is what makes me wonder, read stuff, and learn, because if you hear "a book is good" it is probably the same garbage as whatever is on MTV and playlisited for 15 years old to take a shower of bullshit.

Do you agree user?? simple thoughts in here.

But want to hear a fun fact?

I have listen to A LOT of music, being into Black Metal, Death Metal for years... and i love it is in my Blood. I am a professional jazz, player, mainly Beboop gypsie jazz, but i also big band and shit... i know a LOT about music.

I am the kind of person that can also listen to hiphop, rap, R&B and other classical music from the streets, but guess what...

I am from latin america, so i have a lot of flok influence also.

once of my main genera of music is Celtic music which i play on violin for myself an nobody else.

I was big on electronic music, mostly for parties and when i was in that "cocaine" 20-27 rage some of us had. Psytrance mainly.

There is nothing better than Pink Floyd.

Agree?

Best bad of all times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oH5fI0qpLu4
youtube.com/watch?v=gzjWYLTChWE
youtube.com/watch?v=XwnCxvnmvKU
youtu.be/vi7cuAjArRs
youtube.com/watch?v=Mgkk9P3vNtg
youtube.com/watch?v=yusGUGTVAyw
youtube.com/watch?v=OZQhP1BdEqM&t=750s
youtube.com/watch?v=vXa4LM0zOHA
youtube.com/watch?v=lYyytHT37mc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I-I can't argue with this

except that time when syd was in the band and that time roger left

Piper at the Gates of dawn is the best mate

>Piper at the Gates
weakest output

what do you mean with output? like audio quality? because the recording is raw.

>what do you mean with output?
Their weakest work. Sound quality has nothing to do with it. Weakest songs. Weakest instrumentation. Weakest vision.

Weakest output.

stop talking about, normies will destroy it

The acid i've taken...the things i've seen.
Thank you Pink Floyd!

If you really enjoy the depth of Floyd give Roger's Pros and Cons a thorough listen. It's very deep!

youtube.com/watch?v=oH5fI0qpLu4

lol you actually think Piper at the gates of dawn is a bad record?? damn you are nuts, thats a crazy statement, but again not everybody has the same emotional attachment to it... or well taste in music.

But know this, you lose vs the rest of the world with a valid opinion on this line of thinking.

Or maybe you like other old stuff better, like Atom Hearth Mother?

That shit is young and smart at the same time, also experimental.

To think they where 17 to 24 when doing this, obviously they played this music for years before recording, and tried to destroy the old recordings of it, then learned a LOT about remastering and studio working, making it "sound better" which is well... remastering work, instead of making a good song from the start.

But the truth is that is some of the best western music ever produced and composed in the history of post modern music.

Very english taste, parallel to the punk revolution and hippies baby boom. So i don't expect edgy "boys" to understand it 100% in a generation of people that cant hear a complete 2 hours album LOL Sad... kids dont know music can make you fly... fucking jews they have to keep kids from flying now?

>Piper at the gates of dawn is a bad record??
Said it was weakest output not bad record.

>But know this, you lose vs the rest of the world with a valid opinion on this line of thinking
My opinion is my own. I don't need you or anyone else to validate it. You are welcome to your own opinion. I'm ok with it.

>Or maybe you like other old stuff better, like Atom Hearth Mother?
Like I said. PAGD is their weakest output.

3 solid albums. Wish you were here, dark side, wall. A lot of crap beyond that.

Dogs is the greatest story of life ever told.

Pink floyd so fucking boring and shitty.

Whilst music is subjective you're talking about a band who lied about their former frontman saying he was in a mental institution. A band so boring theh literally had to put on a fucking play because they literally just stand there when playing.

Also i don't need 55 seconds of a fucking cash register being rung before these fags even play a note

hmmm ok yeah i understood that at first, but you must understand that this website makes one.. weary of people thinking with the butt.

I also think is one of the worst records, i actually think ummagumma is the worst for the simple reason it wont stick in time, even if i chosed the label for this thread.

I respect experimentation over anything, grabbing a record contract and releasing that BOLD

Cant wait for any modern musician to release an experimental album FUCKING FAGGOTS artist this days they don't love music, they just love money,

Just another sad old man
All alone and dying of cancer

I wrote shit like that in junior high

FUCK money that song sucks

When I was 17 on a ticket and drove 9 hours to Chicago to see Gilmour. It was awesome!

The Dark Side Of The Moon was charted for 18 fucking years on Billboard 200, of course they’re amazing!

OP you are so perfectly right it is incomprehensible.
The Floyd was far and away the best band of the 60's/70's. Dark Side of the Moon holds a record for most weeks in the Billboard top 200 albums.

For any novice floyd fans, this is the shit to listen to here: youtube.com/watch?v=gzjWYLTChWE

That's the only Floyd album I can still listen to without cringing...great record

You obviously swim in a shallow pool my friend!

As "coherent" albums from start to the end yes... definitely.

But who liked albums that where coherent, where you one of those guys back then? or are you like 22 or something jsut discovering this music.

Go listen to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=XwnCxvnmvKU

Also user pink floyd was a free band, they told a million times that they hated albums that whee "coherent" from beging to end, which is think is interesting.. it was more like a "musical newspaper" get that? you had to be there at the release.

Why don’t you like it?

>Cant wait for any modern musician to release an experimental album FUCKING FAGGOTS artist this days they don't love music, they just love money,

No need for the cynicism. Make your own records. That's what Pink Floyd did.

without this album, I would not have graduated college.

> 2nd semester senior year
> Partial Differential Equations class
> All chinese
> All grad students
> Utterly lost as to WTF we were taling about. So far behind
> had to catch up in grades and homework
> spent all of March break doing PDEQs homeworks
> Pink Floyd Animals was on constant loop.
could't have done it with out them.

>I wrote shit like that in junior high
Amazing. Where can I buy your record? Are you that same guy that Shakespear ripped off too?

that is an opinion i cant argue against... you are polarized to what Pink Floyd is about...

if you don't have the sensitivity for Pink Floyd well then what we can do to help you? you are jsut missing one of the best bands in history, musicwise etc.

Seriously saying that "pink floyd is 100% boring", i mean ALL of i, without probably never listening to it complete, just means you are the kind of people that wont be able to get in love with with major art... and i mean going to the Louvre and understanding the sensibility of human kind.

For your kid of people we have pop. So go listen to it please.

everyone talks about pink floyd all the time. They're the best selling band in the world under michael jackson.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gzjWYLTChWE

Cheers my friend. Great selection.

Story...
>Be me @ 15
>go to arcade that is also vidya rental
>big projector screen TV plays Live @ Pompeii
>sit and watch entire vid
>changes my life forever

is not about the content, you are going into a museum why are you no there?, i had the same ideas?

You are young my friend, the road ahead is harsh. Must open your eyes to art with love, not with disrespect, don't be a teenager that never grown.

>everyone talks about pink floyd all the time

lolwut

op in here, i love pink floyd, i would says is "the best band of the whole world" just felt like making a thread about it with all the Lolita and other shit i make every day... but still i just cant find music like this anymore, maybe it jsut grabbed me when i was young and stupid as most people in this thread now saying "pink floyd is bad" LOL imagine that nerve.

Everyone goes through their Pink Floyd phase, Op.

But it's just a phase. You'll grow out of it eventually.

my 'introduction to floyd' story
> be me
> be in college, living in frat house
> bro says one day: 'you want to listen to some Floyd?"
> expert in floyf because I owned DSM an WYWH
> ok
> Fires up a VHS of Live in Pompeii
> Mild altered forever
> this is the real Floyd

That is like a money song from pink floyd, i am sure that they themselves hate it also... is a great song i context of time and friendship, life, history... but yeas is like saying "Michael Jackson thriller" is a great song. BURN THAT MAN ALIVE.

Also for anyone reading this... understand that MONEY is not a song... is a moment. Do you have moments that sound this good?

OP, I never post here and you made me post a number of times with this great thread!

Tool>Pink Floyd

true... but hear me out, Pink Floyd magic is there withering in the sky, mixed with too many poison, it was a map for young people to rebel with a smart brain, not with hate and stupidity as people do now.

Look at this website, filled with hate and stupidity, thus is the only place we can "fell part of a changing generation".

that is what i mean "they dont speak about it", pink Floyd is not just the second most selling band, really why people bought it compared to michael jcakson? are you young people going to find out once and for all? how can we change the system? how can we fly and reach the end of the universe then back to help others?, how we can make love without using our bodies?

youtu.be/vi7cuAjArRs

I prefer this to the original version, anyone else?

This is how most everyone's life will go...

>And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown
>And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
>And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw around
>So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone
Dragged down by the stone (stone, stone, stone, stone, stone)

>But it's just a phase. You'll grow out of it eventually.
Hopefully you won't OP. Pink Floyd is a great band and has produced timeless music. You should enjoy for your entire life. Like any art, what it means to you may change, but the art will remain.

>except that time when syd was in the band
you're right, they were way more complete with Syd.
In your face, OP.

Pink Floyd > 75 layers of shit > Muslims > Niggers > Tool

Most overrated band of all time.

Yes It's sad he isn't talked about more

i am 37 years old, and cant find nothing this important in my life, and i went through all.

I actually agree with the Pink Floyd phase theory when explained well it does ring a bell. Is not like i will say that Pink Floys is better than Johony cash just to say a name... but still you must admit is more than a phase for some.

danke

Just trynig to mix boys with floyds a bit, hatting how the world is right now, so plastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mgkk9P3vNtg

Imagine they where doing the same thing after war, amazing right??

VERAAAAAAA

Tools is great !!! that is like a band i dont compare to Pink Floyd to be honest, is set apart in a different box.

They're ok, but they're no KISS

the jews destroyed pink floyd, is not a conspiracy theory it is written in the bible.

I was in Hospital for a month. The Brink of death. Dying from curing my cancer. Stem Cell Transplant.

The day I cam home I listened to Momentary Lapse of Reason loudly on my beautiful B&W speakers.

Thank you Pink Floyd!

clumsy and cringy like the picture.

youtube.com/watch?v=yusGUGTVAyw

If you are a true Pink Floyd fan give this a serious listen back to front.

It goes deep.
Eric Clapton plays guitar on it and is great!

Roger Waters - Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking
youtube.com/watch?v=OZQhP1BdEqM&t=750s

he thinks it is their weakest

do you lack basic comprehension

i have heard this over the years... pink floyd is great for people that are experiencing life with the most of themselves...

For some reason Pink Floyd is not good for people that seem to have "everything in order".

Good to hear you are better, the body is just a vessel though we must love life to fight for life, and for that fact alone we love you and respect you. Despite what most might think loving life is not easy...

yes is kind of absurd by i tired to anwer to him, but then he answered from brain saying "is the worst output" which i can agree... like the order of records can be compared one to the other as supermarket products...

Piper at the gates of dawn is like the big bang of Pink Floyd the genesis... and also if you where borne around 1985 to 1992 then you found about this record latter, and understood what Pink Floyd was about... but i dont expect someone external to understand that.

>Despite what most might think loving life is not easy...
Loving life is not easy. Pink Floyd helps. :) even if PAGD is their weakest output.

>am 37 year old with no skills, can confirm

Enjoy your average burnout bumper sticker music.

They are the best.

XD cheers user now i understand 100% the thread can now die, have a nice life you are on a cool path.

>>experiencing life with the most of
>>themselves
W0t?

The only song i like from PAGD is Celestial Voices, and it is not even officially on the album lol

youtube.com/watch?v=vXa4LM0zOHA

so you are saying that a 30 + years band is a bumper sticker band.

And if so what the problem with it?, Shakespeare is a bumper sticker witter, are you going to say is not some of the best thing every written?

Stop hating life so much, it will make you mad and keep you from enjoying life. And what is worst keep you from the fake tale of "the world is wrong and we must be genuine":

Just be yourself, being genuine is overrated. Think about it. If you live in a plastic society so be it, dont fight against it, be cool inside.

>Stop hating life so much

Dude...you’re on Sup Forums, what do you expect?

yes celestial voices is great, but chapter 24 dude.... DUDE please... lets be real in here XD

youtube.com/watch?v=lYyytHT37mc

That shit broke the egg that was the world. Black magic made white.

i am so old on Sup Forums that i dont see hate anymore, i just see people, Sup Forums is not filled with hate, this is the fabric of people jsut as they where 20 30 40 or a 100 years ago, we are not special... we are just looking to make us free from ignorance and the stupid system that makes us sheep. that's not hate... that is actually love and friendship as i know it !! fuck fake friends and FUCK fake people.

holy shit is this kiss?

>Enjoy your average burnout bumper sticker music.
Seems to me that you are only reading the bumper stickers. Shallow and trite. I bet you think McNuggets is the only way to eat chicken.

dude i had this vinyl...long gone :/