It's top comfy

your sister has better taste than you

pretty great, especially the later seasons

>pretty great, especially the early seasons
ftfy

One of the best TV shows ever made, Angel is too

this right there famiglia

>ow bad was it?
It wasn't. It has it's weak episodes (and S4 was poor but not bad)
>My sister used to watch that show.
because she a real nigga
>t. 24 year old.
And you've never watched Buffy?

Kill yourself or watch it. They're your choices

Same age here.
It was great for it's time. I never really watched it, but it was always on t.v, the fuckers in pic related used to scare the shit out of me and an attractive older girl in my neighborhood used to pretend she was Buffy and I'm a vampire and she'd kick the shit out of me so it has that nostalgia value. I'm rambling. It was pretty good for what I remember though.

Wath it, beause that then gives you a reason to watch Angel, which is fucking boss

youtube.com/watch?v=gHSFV5IkM5c

>S1
comfy tier monster of the week

>S2 + 3
top tier story arcs

>S4
High tier one offs, few stumbling block characters/episodes in the main arc

>S5
High tier Story arcs, but interlaced with a bit of melodrama that turns some people off

>S6
Top tier one offs, but absolutely mangled the character development with lazy writing

>S7
Some good to be had, but weighed down by unnecessary characters that hog screen time, characters becoming unlikable, and mostly held together by a few of the actors giving great performances

Can't speak for angel, but I hear it goes up in quality until S4, hits a bump, then goes back to form for S5

Angel S1 uses prophecies as a plot device, it's fun but ultimately meaningless since status quo never changes

2/3/4 had great storylines, an then the one terrible storyline brought on by having to re-write a season around the fact that Charisma Carpenter got pregnant and didn't tell anyone until they'd started filming.

S5 is not a great arc, but the whole show changed for the better and was hilarious

>at first I was like

>but then I was all like

It is actually top tier television.

I really, really love Angel Season 4. It's flawed but excellent

Anya>Giles>Spike>Buffy>Xander>Willow>>>Angel>Cordelia>Riley>Oz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tara

Joss used to be good. He should stick to TV.

Angel is great too. Redditfly and Dollhouse were also fucking solid.

>he doesn't remember

loved it as a kid but scared the shit out of me at times, angel even more so, i had a few nightmares about jasmine's true form.

watched both again as an adult, still love it. my kid sister loved buffy too, though she was more into the teenage drama bits then i ever was.

>ranking anyone higher than Giles

I'm assuming you're ignoring S6 for your Anya ranking.

Even so, Giles rates higher than anyone else by default

>Buffy above any of those characters
Only Tara was worse. Buffy is one of the most annoying and boring main characters of all time, what made the show were the villains and side characters like Giles and Spike. Angel was a much better show.

>I'm assuming you're ignoring S6 for your Anya ranking

HEY!

FUCK YOU!

S7 Anya made up for everything

youtube.com/watch?v=8k2QYSvca40

>Buffy is one of the most annoying and boring main characters of all time
"no"

She is.

Tara as a character was kinda alright but damn do I love Amber Benson. She's probably one of the only older women I'd want to be in an actual relationship with since she's so cool.

Why was s6 anya bad again? Can't really remember.

Also realised I forgot dawn and maybe that black guy if he was an mc

That's not true, the first two seasons are garbage

She and Xander suffered due to the writers pulling a breakup out of their ass for cheap drama.

Everything from the S1 finale to the S3 finale is gold. Kill yourself if you disagree.

>Also realised I forgot dawn

No she isn't

She's quite human and multi-faceted compared to other TV protagonist. She has flaws that some might find irritating, but she's very well-written and SMG is a pretty good actress. She outshines most of the rest of the cast, especially that faggot Xander.

I agree that Angel is a better show though

your opinion is garbage

>faggot Xander.

....if only

WELL IT'S YOUR SHOW, user.

>She's quite human and multi-faceted compared to other TV protagonist.
What other TV-protagonists are you comparing her to? Because I have never seen a main character as annoying and boring as her. She does get much better in later seasons however. In the first two seasons all she does iseither coming up with "funny" sarcastic comments(like Xander but not as bad) or she's being jealous because Angel talked with another girl. Buffy in season 1-5 is probably one of the worst rpotagonists I have ever seen in a show. Unlikeable, not very interesting and just plain annoying.

>Angel is top tier television

Fixed it for you

>Buffy season 1
>the internet is basically magic and incomprehensible to anyone but Willow and Gile's sexy gypsy girlfriend

God, an you imagine growing uop in the 80s/90s

I think we watched two completely different shows, because there are plenty of episodes that delve into her character and flesh her our out, as early as the season 2 episode "When She Was Bad." Her inner battle between her destiny and desire to live a normal life is at the core of her character, as is how her somewhat traumatic experiences affect her post-adolescent years

Maybe you should watch it again, because it's obvious you missed a lot

>tfw seeing him on Dr. Phil
JUST

>I Robot, You Jane
One of the best-worst episodes of the show, I love it

Faith was cool, but Kendra didn't deserve the barbed-wire-dildo he got up the shaft

back atcha

Anyone here seen Dollhouse? Is it worth watching? I love Buffy, Angel, and Firefly

>when he wakes up tell him.....I dunno.....tell him something cool and tell him I said it

chills

>best-worst episodes

that's gonna be beer bad

Beer bad is just worst-worst

The non-future storylines are good, it has highs and lows unlike any other whedon show, so if you like certain characters, you will stay for the show.

I dislike the future episodes mostly for an actress that shall not be named, you've been warned.

really? Rewatched it with a friend recently and had a pretty good time

Were you high/drunk at the time?

>he doesn't know

he went downhill man

nah it's a riot

Another bad-yet-awesome episode is Go Fish

>that scene where she watches the mutated swim-team gangrape their coach
>she comments "There's a team that really loves their coach."
just wow

It wasn't bad at all. It was great.

The creator of The Wire said it is the best TV show of the last 25 years

Go Fish and the S4 halloween episode of retarded retardation are so-bad-they're-good

Beer Bad is just bad

Go Fish is X-Files as fuck

I think the premise is better than the show itself.

It's worth a watch though, it's only two seasons.

Only episode I skip

thank you though.
good for you.
Is this the way out?

which season has the army that ends with some cyborg bullshit?

well sure beer was involved. idk i like prehistoric buffy i guess. Thought she was funny.

Also with Buffy they had to make an episode about the dangers of alcohol at one point. Thought the writes made to plot so over the top that you really can't take it serious anymore.

Season 6 is way better than the other seasons if your'e not a faithfag.

>being a faithfag
your waifu a shit

S4

The worst one

Season 4 is great, it's only the story arc that sucks and it's in the background the whole season. It's mostly great standalone eps

4 is the best season by far. The arc was shit sure but none of the arcs are that good, and it had amazing standalones

I never watched it at first because my sister's seemed to love it. Than I went to college and joined some stupid ass LARP group who were obsessed with it. I marathoned the entire series with a few friends, was one of the best shows I seen, though angel is even better.

Apologise

youtube.com/watch?v=EK3eTxg945A

Best villain in the show coming through

based daddy giles

i just finished once more with feeling

is giles gonna make it?

>is giles gonna make it?

Giles is a pimp, was always a pimp and will always be a pimp

Have no fear

>Mayor
>villain

homophobe

I'm rewatching it right now, together with my girlfriend, we are both annoyed by her in the earlier seasons.

Wait the Mayor was gay? I normally see every character as gay if there's even the slightest inkling, he never ping my gaydar. He seemed asexual to me.

No straight man is this organised

even as a teen thought it was shit, may give it another try tho

JOSS FUCKING WHEDON wrote it. That's a good thing.

For a long time I didn't try it and wondered why it was so popular.

Then I noticed the writer was JOSS FUCKING WHEDON.

Don't lie that your "sister" watch it when you meant you watched it.

Either that or you're 14.

Dat heartbreak.

Whedon is a cuckold though. Why are you talking about him as if he's badass?

Fap.

Why don't the forces of evil just shoot or use magic to kill Buffy
She literally has zero magic resistance and about zero tolerance to bullets as well.
I only recall a single female vamp having a gun in the first season and that aloned made Buffy piss her pants

>Why don't the forces of evil just shoot or use magic to kill Buffy
>She literally has zero magic resistance and about zero tolerance to bullets as well.
>I only recall a single female vamp having a gun in the first season and that aloned made Buffy piss her pants

Guns - never help. Literally every time they are included they just cause problems and Bufy quips about it

Magic - Master used it in the season 1 finale and literally killed her. After she is revived, she is imune to magic; except when Willow casts the sexy memory spell

The perfect finale.

Just finished my first run through of Buffy last night, and am going to start up Angel tonight.

>Master used it in the season 1 finale and literally killed her. After she is revived, she is imune to magic
Except for the halloween chaos spell
Or the one where she gets turned into a rat by novice teenager witch apprentice

>Guns - never help. Literally every time they are included they just cause problems and Bufy quips about it
Pretty sure that ep in Season 1 had Buffy going for cover instead of just plowing through the forces of evil as usual, at least it made her stop

Shall I lie to you now?

X-Files quality HD blu ray version when?

Found the Dungeons and Demons player

nah he's just into femdom and cbt

Rolling with based Doyle.

00 get

>die from an overdose
>bring Wesley in last minute to replace
>turns out it's the best idea ever

I WISH TO DO MORE VIOLENCE

what would have happened if Doyle stayed on?

>what would have happened if Doyle stayed on?

Charmed

S6 was a rollercoaster with one hump.

If that was it 90% of his Twitter feed wouldn't be devoted to shilling for Hillary

He left before the overdose, or was it some weekend at Bernies tier production?

Joss Whedon is only a mark in a show/film's favour when he has other people on standby with peer review and veto powers.

He's pretty much the modern George Lucas

They killed the character off because the actor was a druggie

Actor dying within a month was a coincience

Are the Buffy & Angel comics canon / worth looking at?