TVU is only "godly" because everyone sucks it's dick...

TVU is only "godly" because everyone sucks it's dick, though the only super legitimately great songs are waiting for the man, heroin, and Venus in fur. You know what, I'll even say that Sunday morning is a great track too. BUT If it wasn't held so highly because of its art appeal because faggy andy warhol it would be another average release. Also, Nico and their tranny voice ruin all the songs they are on. It's a boring album and gets more dull the more you listen to it.

If it wasn't for andy warhol, it would be any other album by Lou Reed. Andy Warhol did the cover for sticky fingers too. Maybe you should start suckling on its dick too. Oh wait, rolling Stones aren't cool enough for you because they sold too many records and are legitimately good. Maybe if they were more obscure and shitty you would like them more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kqT4ELCNgiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off alex

this is THE redpill

Hot take if you ask me

>Also, Nico and their tranny voice ruin all the songs they are on.
>I'll even say that Sunday morning is a great track too.
Nico is on Sunday Morning, too.

I agree that TVU&N is an overrated album. It's good, but The Velvet Underground had better albums.

The Rolling Stones on the other hand suck major ass. Not even Andy Warhol could fix their suckage.

No. The reason it's seen as godly is because there was nothing like it before and it was outrageously influential. Without it music would be unimaginably different. Also The Rolling Stones are pretty good, but they were not ground breaking in any way

wrong

it was bold and new for its time
/thread

>nico and their tranny voice ruin all the songs they are on
>it's a boring album
>another average release
I can't tell if you're baiting or legitimately this big of an idiot who's just angry that he can't appreciate something which is acclaimed for good reason. your post reeks of bitterness stemming from the latter.

this album is the literally furthest thing from boring and you have to be pretty dense to not see that. from alternating between the noisy, raw sound to clean, smooth tracks to incredibly taboo subjects in lyrics, this album took a hammer to what was mainstream at that time. It completely changed rock and influenced countless bands/artists/albums since. not to mention what they did at that time was groundbreaking. also, even andy's label coudn't carry it in its time and over time few other records have gained as much acclaim as this one has. this should tell you about how it's the album's sound itself that carries it.

I mean, if you don't understand the appeal of something, try making a conscious effort and listen to why people acclaim it before making posts like this that make you seem like a fool.

Is Nico really transgender? I've heard conflicting things about this.

no. read literally any book detailing the avant-garde music scene of that time or surrounding warhol, nico or the events of tvu and everyone describes nico as the perfect european feminine beauty. pretty sure nico was just a normal woman.

Best:Sunday Morning, Venus In Furs, Heroin, All Tomorrows Parties, WFTM

Worst:The Rest

>the only super legitimately great songs are waiting for the man, heroin
stopped reading here

All Tomorrow's Parties is so fucking underrated.

second this

Agreed. The last two tracks are complete avant-dogshit and most of the album is just Lou Reed tracks that get boring 30 seconds into their 5-6 minute runtimes. It's a cluttered, overlong album that only sometimes reaches the level of high-art and great musicianship that it's fans insist it to be. White Light/White Heat and their second self-titled album, on the other hand, are indisputable masterpieces.

I mean it has a fucking cowbell for christ's sake what more do you people want?

OP is a clon

take out Heroin and sub WFTM with european son and we have a deal

>Black Angel's Death Song
>European Son
>All Tomorrow's Parties

If you think those aren't GOAT, fuck off with your garbage taste

this. goat song

kek

You have to be a total hipster sheep to think any of those two songs are listenable for longer than maybe 20 seconds.

Totally underrating I'll Be Your Mirror

+Sunday Morning
+Venus in Furs

all tomorrows partys is a jam whats your malfunction dude

three, excuse me

this. the lyrics are fuckin beautiful

All Tomorrow's Parties is just a single piano riff and guitar noodling set to Nico's unpleasant singing voice, and that's coming from a big fan of Nico's solo work. What ails you, my man?

Best song of Nico's career desu.

>clearly hasn't heard any of her goth grandma trilogy
clon

The lyrics to All Tomorrow's Parties are beautiful, and the drums are mesmerizing.

>Assuming that I don't already think Desertshore is a 10/10 album

Dont remove anything and add euro son

Its definitely better than some of the worst. Its not great though

Wrong. Its this

youtube.com/watch?v=kqT4ELCNgiA

Is this the most grating singing voice possessed by any semi-popular singer?

Andy Warhol made a film based on A Clockwork Orange called Vinyl thats shit on

You sound angry about something. Wanna talk about it?

all tomorrow's parties started goth

This 'Nico ruins TVU' opinion is just as bad as 'Jarboe ruins SFTB'.

Anyone with this kind of opinion is automatically an absolute pleb with shit taste.

Kill yourself Friendo.

>If it wasn't for andy warhol, it would be any other album by Lou Reed.
I didn't know Lou can play the viola. kys

>"I'll Be Your Mirror" was the most difficult for Nico to record, as the band wanted her to provide slender, delicate vocals for the song, yet she would sing louder, more aggressive vocals take after take. Sterling Morrison described the ordeal in an interview:
>She kept singing "I'll Be Your Mirror" in her strident voice. Dissatisfied, we kept making her do it over and over again until she broke down and burst into tears. At that point we said, "Oh, try it just one more time and then fuck it — if it doesn't work this time, we're not going to do the song." Nico sat down and did it exactly right.[5]
>The members of the band enjoyed her particular performance on the song so much that after she left the band in late 1967, live vocals for the song were done imitating Nico's accent
lel

ATP sounds like it was 18th Century Folk.

>waah stop liking things