Maura Kelly is best girl
David Lynch voiced the bartender in the Cleveland show
Did anyone play Deadly Premonition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7SFRolcyI
youtube.com/watch?v=ihP3fpLtpcM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Twin peaks is shit

Muh generic 90's soap opera with me wacky lynch surrealism gimmick shoe horned in SO COOL

>>>/reddit/

>it's a ben reenacts the civil war episode
>it's a bobby gets cucked by cole episode
>it's a dick is attacked by a weasel episode

Moira Kelly is the best Donna.

>cole

literally who

Gordon Cole, David Lynch

How come lynch doesn't direct more films, is he too busy meditating

So who was "The Archivist?"

Are there any other shows or films that are actually similar to Twin Peaks/FWWM? Every time I've asked someone for recommendations, it's some shit that takes itself too seriously, lacks humor or just isn't similar at all.

The idiosyncratic humour of twin peaks is pretty unique, especially being hidden beneath something that isn't supposed to have humour (murder mystery soap).

I cannot think of anything that does it without either ruining the overall piece or going too far and becoming too "lolsorandumb xD".

Not even lynch himself is similar.

Damn I just want to watch something unique and bizarre right now

Too many shows and movies try so to be le quirky and randumb because it's cool and different and gets attention or whatever. Lynch feels more genuine to me. I guess he just gets ideas and goes with them instead of trying hard to generate ideas that meet a certain level of weird. Anyway, that's what I've tried to look for.

(you)

Movie Donna graduated high school with my mother. Same year and all.

I enjoyed Northern Exposure as the setting sort of gave me similar vibes, but it's overall pretty straightforward, especially compared to Twin Peaks.

Why do people hate Donna so much? I get that the actress ruined the audrey/coop romance but I mean the character.

She was okay in the early episodes but turned in to a bitch in S2.

The Prisoner (1967)
M and The Dr Mabuse films that Fritz Lang made (inspector Lohmann is the detective in all films)

this

>Sup Forums would rather have bane circle jerks and pedoshit than discussing tv and film

and here (You) are calling us reddit

>Was excited to read the new book
>Went to b&N to pick it up day atter release
>Flipped through it and havent touched it since

Every fucking time, I'm horrible at sticking to books. Can anyone sell me on reading it?

It's pretty immersive once you get the hang of the epistolary nature, but parts are more boring than others.

Still, one last chance to see Based Pete.

turn off your screens
sit down
wait till you are bored
read the fucking book

>Lynch casts himself as the guy who gets to kiss best TP girl
What a sly dog

>best TP girl
But that can't be right, I don't remember him kissing Audrey.

I read the ebook and listened the audiobook at the same time. It makes it easy to follow, plus you have some actors from the show reading their parts in the books, which adds to the immersion.

thats weird, that isn't shelly

Lynch/Frost humor still gets to me.

Cooper after being shot is lying on the floor presumably dying. Old bellhop hangs up the phone with the person who can help him. Bellhop bends down to have the Coop sign for the room service and Coop wants to know if the ticket already includes the gratuity before he'll sign it.

based post

Too nanners and if you want to sink your dick in crazy, then you should fuck Nadine.

The Elephant Man is under appreciated

It's his best film

I don't think Audrey was nanners, she just had mild daddy issues.

>dude don't have a light beer if you're gonna drink at all you should go straight for the absinthe
Besides, as another user said, Audrey was one of the least crazy girls. She was just a regular teenage girl with a crush and some daddy issues.

I'm just having some fun. We all know Audrey is one of the hottest girls of all time and that Nadine is freakish.

Where can one find the weird Duran Duran concert?

I had no idea that existed.

Do these lyrics come from the book?

youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7SFRolcyI

>Essential Lynchcore
>no Premonitions Following An Evil Deed

Reddit tier thread

No

Post >yfw (book ending spoilers)

12:05 PM MARCH 28, 1989

He just left. Something’s wrong. The message holds the answer, just as I thought, but I’ve misinterpreted it. Protocols are in place. I must act quickly.

I’m heading to the LPA alone.
* M * A * Y * D * A * Y *

Watching this in HD is fucking beautiful.

very calming film

>The Elephant Man is under appreciated

I agree, it's under appreciated on this board, but not by the majority who are older filmgoers.

What's the LPA?

Listening Post Alpha

The book gets into the history of what it actually is and how it came to be. It's too much for me to explain here.

But SPOILERS... The character writing that passage, who is also "The Archivist" in question, is Major Briggs. His plan was to have Cooper continue his work because he thinks the COOPER "message" he got transmitted to him in S2 was a sign that Dale was meant to be his successor.

He invites Coop over to discuss it. This takes place shortly after the finale, so he noticed something was amiss with Coop after inviting him over. He then surmises that the COOPER message was something else entirely. Not a suggestion, but more a dark prophecy of sorts.

The FBI agent analyzing the dossier says she has no knowledge of what happened to either of them after that, and that info on both is many levels above top secret, and above her clearance level.

It really is. It's also the first movie I ever bought the score to because how relaxing the music was.

>It's a Josie turns into a doorknob episode.

Has anyone seen Dumbland?

Her death was honestly the dumbest thing ever.

Honestly I find it disturbing. Part of it is probably the uncanny CGI, but also the idea of being traped in an inanimate object for the rest of eternity is horrifying to me.

Why did James sound like a girl when he sang this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ihP3fpLtpcM

Synthcan do crazy things.

I didn't really believe it was them singing until I saw them credited on the soundtrack.

The Archivist eventually identifies himself as Major Garland Briggs, Douglas Milford's successor in the extra-governmental project ostensibly named 'Project Blue Book.'.

But with all the omissions, internal/external contradictions and inconsistencies, it's very likely that someone eventually found and tampered with the dossier. in order to deceive or mislead any potential readers.

I mean, if The Archivist explicitly revealed themselves at a distant point in the dossier (which Gordon would have almost certainly read or reviewed himself), then why have Tamara Preston go through it with a fine-toothed comb?

Either that, or we're dealing with retcons and/or alternate timelines.

SOMETHING is wrong here.

M*A*Y*D*A*Y

>:
ywn procreate with this woman and share a life together.
do it in my sleep,please friends.

>MILF version of her will never fuck you in a fever dream

Getting killed by BOB was not a proper death for the Major

SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH

I wish there was another book exploring the entire path of the ring. That was my favorite part of Secret History.

I have a feeling the ring is going to be a big part of s3

The ring wasn't in the show at all, was it? I don't remember it at all if it was,

It was added in FWWM, but was huge there, and played a part in the new book.

Nope, just FWWM

>mfw less than a year until the new series

Friendly remider that suspense is objectively the second worst genre and Lynch is a hack who always makes the very same movie

>confused by all the focus on extraterrestrial research in the book
>getting worried that it's paving the way for season 3 to go full lmao
>that fucking archivist reveal
I wasn't fucking ready holy shit.

The book hooked me in the beginning, lost me in the middle for a bit, and then hooked me again towards the end. All of the UFO stuff soured me at first, but I don't mind the eventual direction it took.