Why do you (or do not) believe in god Sup Forums?

Why do you (or do not) believe in god Sup Forums?

I wasn't brought up very religiously

no evidence to suggest god exists

I stopped believing fairy tales when I was 5

Because there's no good reason to believe in gods.

I stopped believing atheism when i was 5

† Because there is plenty of reasons to believe in god

Good for you, enjoy being told how to live your entire life

I'm an athiest but I wish I believed in a God just because I'd fear death less

I want to go on after death to like a heaven or something, I don't want to just die and that's it- nothingness. It scares me.

because i am enlightened by my own intelligence instead of some phony god

Atheism is probably the shittiest religion. Next to Islam of course.

Why does nothingness scare you?

Imagine being locked up in a room for 50 years, cut off from the outside world, with nothing but one book. Imagine how maddening that would be. Eternal life would be infinitely worse. You should be glad that it eventually ends.

Its okay user. Your fear of death is justifiable and actually it is that fear that we have religions now. Thats why you must make sure that you live this life to your full potential. You only have one.

>enjoy being told how to live your entire life
Because you live in some utopia where you aren't.
Being told to do something isn't a problem if you aren't brain dead and can actually go on to make your own choice.

To avoid the disappointment of worshipping a pretty girl. If he doesn't really exist anywhere but my head, then he can never let me down. In other words: to preserve my mental health.

I belive humans created god to feel less lonely... or to belive we have a reason to live... but when we die we die... thats it

Hey edgelord! Did you know that YHWH is the same as allah? Both the bible and the quran share the same god! You calling islam a bad religion is like calling christianity bad too!

I fuckin' hate that atheism is a thing.
Not the lack of belief in a god or whatever, just the fact it has a name and spawned this mob of, ironically, holier than thou cunts.

I don't believe in a deity but I'm not gonna associate myself with the word atheism because "Atheists" are fucking dickholes,

Also I don't believe because a deity just doesn't fit in with what I know/understand of the universe. Maybe there's something on the outside of it all, idk, fuck all of you.

There are no proves to beliebe a god exists but there arent any that prove a god doesnt exist, Agnoscism is the best, any way it doesnt even matter

religion is for fools, god is real. god believes in individualism.

Idk how we've gotten so far as a society and a species in general. Honestly, I feel like there's someone up there pulling the strings. Of course, being the free willed beings we are, things like the bible likely aren't as credible as they once were. Not saying I'm not a believer. I believe there's something up there, just, idk what

Says the holier than thou cunt. Is there a term for double irony?

Live like an atheist help the other like a christian, amen

I've accepted I'm a holier than thou cunt. The difference is I don't shove it at people across the internet unless there's a place for it (like this thread). Also I'm better than you, fuck you

Why do you think atheists are like that user? Most of them aren't because they don't like to challenge people's beliefs as it would make them more unlikeable.

However, if you are atheist its okay to call yourself an atheist since that is your own belief, not because you're trying to be part of a mob or some shit.

I was raised atheist, there's no solid evidence that a God/Gods exist (then again, there's also no evidence they wouldn't exist).

Sometimes, I wish magic existed, but I know it doesn't.

>reddit spacing

Not a single bit of evidence that any of the currently existing religions is right.

Maybe there is a god or some kind of higher entity but - even if there is - I am pretty sure no human got the right idea yet

It ain't a belief, it's a lack of belief. And true, but the negative connotations it carries instantly pin a fedora and trench coat on you. Plus I'm more agnostic anyway cos assuming we know shit about OUTside the universe is either arrogance or stupidity

I type how I speak. Awkward pauses and a whole lotta

fuck yoooooooouuuuuuuuuu

You can believe whatever you feel like user, but its what you do with those beliefs that some people may or may not have a problem with.

Its like believing in santa claus: You either are told he is real then grow out of it, or you are never told about him at all.

You cant prove gods existence and you cant prove that God doesn't exists. Religion is just time waste and a tool to divide us.

same

Science.

What part of science?

The part where you don't believe in stuff that isn't demonstrably true

this

I'm inclined to believe there is a god, or a god-like entity, mostly because I feel it, or I believe that I feel it
not religious tho,
still, I find religion intriguing nonetheless

Right see, I don't believe in god, but this is a piss poor argument. You gotta reason it, man. That's not a part of science, it's conjecture.

It's not compatible with my logic circuits.

>religion
>reason
yeah, no, that's the dumbest approach one could have on the matter
$20 says you're an amerifat

Not him, but the null hypothesis is part of science.

It would take complete knowledge of reality to prove that no gods exist. On the other hand, all it would take is to show that one god exists to disprove it.

You lost your $20. I'm not saying you have to reason WITH bible humpers, just have something better than "bcus science"

You were in that nothing for billions of years before you were conceived. Did that scare you?

The issue I have is that saying "because science" takes no critical thought at all, it's parroting words because you can't be fucked to think it through yourself. I think the idea of a god in our universe is fuckin' idiotic, but I can come up with better reasons than "because science"

This and I can't imagine being a doctor and praying my day of treating patients will work out okay.

And ironically, shitty religitards were the ones who labelled us. Then persecuted us. There were a few killings, torturings, etc.

Remember who threw the first punch, user.

No Islam sucks

So does Christianity. Islam just sucks harder.

Every religion starts at -100 points. Islam is at about -10^14 points. Christianity is only at a few negative billion points.

All of them should be rounded up and dumped on one of the moons of Jupiter, like in 3000.

CAPTCHA: Copasa Inside. Would have preferred AMD, but anything but Intlel.

>anti-religious
>denies intel
commie detected

True, true, I just don't like the LACK of an ideology being identified as an ideology

It does seem weird, but if the majority of people on earth collected stamps, made laws based on collecting stamps, and treated not collecting stamps as wrong, I'd wager that there would be a label for not collecting stamps.

Would it really matter?

Beliefs inform actions, so yes.