Could it be said that the U.S. is one of the most influential states in history...

Could it be said that the U.S. is one of the most influential states in history? I'm not trying to tug at my patriotism boner, but we have changed the world in a lot of ways, r-right guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

informationclearinghouse.info/article4068.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its really impossible to say who is the most influential nation in history, there are plenty of good points you could make for the us holding that title but the us would be nothing without britain, and britain nothing without the romans, ect.

So like one big fucked up Rube Goldberg machine?

I think it's fair to say that we'll go down in history as the most important country ever, being the ones that jumpstarted humanity's transition to a type I civilization

> underage nation being the toughest kid on the block again

pretty much. i would say the US probably has the #1 ratio of time elapsed to amount of influence though for sure

"One of the most" No, the most in fact. Sad thing your people are a bunch of cucks and hence cuckified the West and that is why Western Culture is dying in your watch.

Is that why degeneracy runs everywhere now

Come on. We had some pretty good moments.

You're younger than us

Trump will make your asses way more influential.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.jpg

>split the atom
>first to walk on the moon
Feelsgoodman.jpeg

Soviet Union collapsed in the 90's man, don't know if you remember that or not
Your country came out of that mess

You are dumb

spain

As I said, you have a worldview of an edgy underage kid.

And I said "nation", not "coutry", you dumb fuck

How am I wrong though?
His government and nation came about in the 90's

Currently we are pretty meh, although we are a cultural leader. (films etc, a huge amount of people around the world watch American films.)

Now consider how much the Human race evolved when animal protein became a staple of our diet, by this meter Americans are posed to become superhuman within a few thousand years. All other nations will bow before us humbly and obey our will.

You formed a new nation out of the ruins of the Soviet Union with new ideals and government
You lost your nation after the Bolshevik Revolution during ww1 and had a soviet nation, and then during the collapse you returned to a Russian nation
You aren't a continuous nation at all, while the United States has never collapsed

And what was the pre-1917 nation called? The one that lived in the formation known as Russian Empire?

Same can be said about pretty much every European country lol

And it collapsed didn't it?
You lost that nation to communism and you now have a new nation
You can't just try to ignore the collapse of that nation and say you've been ongoing and ignore the Soviet years

Damn that's dark

It's now a state in its twilight. I know you like your country but there's a line from one polish author "optimism won't replace Poland for us"

This happens once every thousand years, you'll get it someday.
Following your logic, Greeks have stopped existing under the Turks and than the "new" Greeks appeared out of nowhere , as well as other occupied nations.

No other nation comes remotely close.
The 20th and 21st centuries are ours.

>we drove ourselves into the ground buying into the proletariat meme
>we're such a timeless nation thats tougher than the United States.

I don't know if Mesopotamia counts as a state, but I would probably nominate the cradle of civilization as the most influential.

The Greeko Roman Empire does no longer exist and that nation is dead
You're getting into ethnicity and Ethnic Greeks and Russians are certainly still around
A nation is defined by its people and ideals, and when either of the two change the nation no longer exists and a new nation is born

>you lost your nation

I dont know how you think how your facts work but in 1917s russia went through a communist transition, its not like russia as a nation stopped existing

Nah, England is #1.

Ancient Rome or Ancient Greece would be up there as well.

US could be a top 5 contender.

my keks

The ideals of the region changed entirely
Take America for example, because we still have Indians here does that mean we are an Indian nation?
We had a huge shift in ideals and government and that created a new nation
There were still ethnic Russians in the Russian area but it was an entirely new nation

I dunno. American hegemony is what, about 70 years old? That's a flash in the pan relative to the British Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Roman Empire, etc. Yes, the US is currently quite influential (though in the space of 20 years you've gone from respected superpower to laughing stock basket case cautionary tale), but it's over a short period. The globalised world isn't exclusively America's, and though you've been at the forefront of it, and therefore had influence transmitted through new technologies and political paridigms, ultimately, I think the influence is waning, in favour of a multipolar world (as other nations and power blocs catch up, the appeal of American culture diminishes).

So yes, in summary, you're the first major power to utilise the surge of technology and commerce to exercise global scale power, but it doesn't appear it's likely to last. A flash in the pan for now, unless things change. Ask us in 500 years, whether the USA is the most influential, important power in world history, and we can give a definitive answer. For now, you're a firecracker, brief and dramatic.

u jelly

Thr American people have achieved much greatness arguably more than any other.

The American government has been extremely influential but sadly in very malicious ways for the most part and has only been getting worse.

Link related is just starting to scratch the surface of the iceberg that is the completely unaccountable and disgusting shit out government has been doing behind the backs of the American people for well over 100 years.

informationclearinghouse.info/article4068.htm

Argument?

Nah not really, we had our chance already, and perfomed as well as anybody could with other Europeans constantly backstabbing us and wanting kebab in, and at least you are not the Ruskies, so there is that.

Would be great if you stopped your youth for chopping their dicks off and creating new "pronouns" though...

the ideals doesnt form a nation its the culture and the people that live in it that does
to be russian you have to be ethnicly russian.speak russian follow the russian tradition

meanwhile everyone can be american
you could literally take a nigger or a albo to american and they will be considered american

You are basing your governance on ideas born in ancient Rome and Greece and developed further by the French during the enlightenment, you follow a Religion made great by the Roman empire and brought to the American shore by the British one.
You are the biggest prime mover right now, but due to the domino effect and that influence spreads like rings in the water((one specific thing may influence many others after that)) it's very hard to tell whenever you are the most important empire to ever exist or not.

For all I know it may very well be Sumer.

You do realize that modern 'liberalism' and 'communism' and the idea of being politically correct comes from Europe right? Stop infecting us with your faggy ways

Never said we were tougher. Though you've never been exposed to an existential threat, so it's not for you to judge
So European monarchies and the consequent European republics are different nations?

Don't most American political ideas do that really, like the ones for freedom of speech and representational democracy?

How can you say that ideals do not form a nation? Culture is entirely based upon the ideals of the people combined with tradition. The ideals and traditions of the Russians changed entirely during the communist revolution, thus changing their culture entirely. That fits your definition of a nation and thus creates a new nation

Yes they are different, switching from a monarchy to a republic is a huge switch that changes a region into a new nation

It's not uncommon for American posters to discard everything that happend before USA was established.

If America had a massive Communist takeover and suspended the the USA would cease to exist as a nation.
Stop confusing a geographical region and culture with government.

The only thing you've changed is the speed at which the world ends by about a few centuries.

As I said - typical ignorance of an underage nation who have never had any real troubles. State does not determine a nation, it's vice versa.

>suspended the Constitution *

You do realize that Britons and Americans were the first ones letting women vote, and paying heed to Feminism right? Who is infecting who? My country was way better when Democracy wasn't a thing.

What about having a massive civil war that ends with changes in the constitution and the state getting much more power over the states?

Oh shit. USA is not a nation. It's a state. Americans are a nation. Your Constitution is not sacred, and while it's well thought, there will be a time when it's competely obsolete, like many thoughts are.
But you probably won't understand that until you live through a revolution of some sort.

A nation is defined by ideals
If a state changes then so does the ideals

You don't know what negative rights are and yet presume to talk about the Constitution.

I think somebody else had women's suffrage first.

You have like what, a dozen amendments? USA started with slavery, did that nation cease to exist when it was abolished?

No because our ideals of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness never changed

But "the pursuit of happiness" is a natural human goal. Anyway, there were times when the pursuit of happiness and linerty requiered a revolution (it may turn out to be a mistake, but revolutionaries have no means of seeing into the future). There's no contradition between revolution in USA and the ideals you mentioned.

It obviously wasn't too big before the U.S. was born

And the way we pursue that happiness is through liberty and focus on the individual
You're correct that the pursuit of happiness is inherent in many more societies than ours, but the way we pursue it is what defines us as a nation