Can some explain the point of this to me?

Can some explain the point of this to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pADHLsECWxY
youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In a nutshell it's explaining how modern politics got to the situation it's in currently, and also explained the genesis of Islamic suicide bombing, which I found very interesting, since I've never actually had anybody EXPLAIN suicide bombing before, despite the fact that it's become so synonymous with Islam and terrorism in general.

I like that we can arguably blame Israel for the spread of suicide bombing amongst Sunni Islam.

> blame Israel
I'm no Israel defender but, Israel had literally nothing to do with it.

America's foreign policy forced Hafez Assad to employ the tactic.

Do I want to watch this even if i'm a fucking idiot

nice explanation, but I didn't get that we should blame israel for it, even though I'm also not that pro-Israel

yes it'll make you a slightly less stupid idiot

definitely, it takes several complex geopolitical topics and manages to make them digestible. the stuff about the counter culture bleeding into the birth of the internet was super interesting too.

It's a genealogy, aiming to critically examine how we arrived at the present day.

EVERYTHING HAS TURNED TO SHIT

NOBODY CAN CONTROL IT

ANY COMPLEXITY = TOTAL CHAOS

MODERATELY OBSCURE HISTORICAL TANGENT USING VINTAGE BBC ARCHIVE FOOTAGE BECAUSE THE BBC HAS COVERED EVERYTHING

OMINOUS MUSIC

NO CONCLUSION

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: ADAM CURTIS

>it's america's fault they're inbred extremists

and as for curtis his docs are alright to smoke pot and watch the pretty pictures, but that's about it.

lmao

It's the same as all the other adam curtis films.

pic related

Not so much America's 'fault', only Assad felt that was his last option. There's still not forgiving the Wahabiism and Ba'athism of the 50s, etc.

If anyone, it boils down to the British promising the Hashimis the various kingdoms in return for helping to defeat the Ottoman Empire. That, and fundamental Islam, of course.

>le explain obvious things slowly and condescendingly man

But not all is as it seems,

I don't trust anyone who says Sunni are more civilized than Shia.

I liked the part where it implied that, somehow, computers caused Sup Forums to be filled with retards because that's what I expressed interest in.

a brief history of unintedned consequences

lmao

spot on

>forced Hafez Assad to employ the tactic.

HE WASN'T FORCED TO DO SHIT

HE WAS A BUTTHURT LITTLE AYRAB DESPOT

WHO DECIDED TO TAP INTO THE BRAINWASHED ISLAMIC MASSES WHO DO WHATEVER THEIR IMAM SAYS, FOR PROMISES OF PARADISE AFTER DEATH

WITHOUT ISLAM THERE WOULD BE NO WIDESPREAD SUICIDE BOMBING

>Dude America forces these crazed Islamic extremists to strap bombs to their chest and blow themselves up in a hospital lobby!

I love how Liberals always, always, always find a way to take ANY negative phenomena and blame it on white, Christians, males or Americans.

Chaos reigns.

its at the point where its clearly some kind of psychological defense mechanism or mental illness

Dude wtf was with that neocon wrap up at the end?

>and then like a Syrian civil war started and the West totally wasn't involved
>did we mention how spooky and mysterious Russia is?
>they can't possibly have a reason to be there because this war is only about Syrians and they were totally never invited personally by Assad
>can't possibly be on a humanitarian mission because ebul Putin

Also bloo bloo bloo Brexit

that's yuropean thinking about who started what when 8000 years ago. we just worry about who ends it, preferably with a JDAM on someone's house.

>humanitarian mission

L M A O
M
A
O

Never fails to amuse me how angry people got about that kid and his case clock.

So does adam curtis believe that nothing posted on the internet is real, and are just ELIZA style bots?

>Never fails to amuse me how defensive liberals got about that kid and his fake bomb.

fixed

Nah, you're an idiot.

I don't see how you can know the full details and conclusion of the Ahmed story and side with him and his family.

I don't see how you can pretend to know the full details of anything that has been passed through the filter of mass media and legitimately care about anything even remotely relevant to it.

I like how I'm posting this in a hypernormalisation thread.

Liberals are so fucking easy to dupe.

All that littler giraffe-necked freak had to do was cry "racism" and Liberals started throwing money and scholarships and free opportunities at him.

It's one of the few instances where they are so dumb it's not even funny any more. It's just disgusting.

FUCK THAT CUNT CLOCKMED

HIS FATHER WORKS FOR CAIR AND HAD SUED FOR ISLAMOPHOBIA BEFORE THEIR LATEST STUNT, THEY IMMEDIATELY RAN OFF TO THE UAE

IT WAS ENTIRELY STAGED, HE USED HIS SON TO PROVOKE AN ARREST SO HE COULD SUE

RIGHT AFTERWARDS WAS THE ISLAMIC SAN BERNARDINO SHOOTERS, NEIGHBORS SAID THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE LABELED RACIST AND ISLAMOPHOBIC BY THE LIBERAL HIVEMIND SO THEY DIDN'T INFORM THE POLICE ABOUT THEIR SUSPICIONS

>COOL CLOCK AHMED

African's a mentally incapable of duping white people. It has to be the jews behind it.

and it never fails to amuse me how upset people got over it.

Wow dude. Deep.

Adam Curtis is such a fucking hack

Same point of all Adam Curtis documentaries - No one really knows what they are doing, and the complex systems we make to protect us fail, or the lack of systems and our belief in freedom also leads us to failure.

Basically, we're all idiots who will fail.

In this Episode, Adam also confuses his basic inability to understand situations as a deliberate attempt on the part of the actors to confuse him.

He doesn't understand the concept of controlled opposition, so he chalks up seemingly contradictory positions undertaken by Putin to be a ruse.

Likewise he doesn't understand the motivational factors behind Brexit voters, so like Colbert he believes the world is an irrational and unpredictable place, and points to Trump as a stateside example. Thus no one can maintain a system or predict it's outcome. Which is untrue, of course, it's just him projecting his limited understanding of the world onto the audience.

Even a schlock meister like Michael Moore has a deeper reading of the situation.

people blaming US and Israel for suicide bombing are retarded, I'm about as liberal as they come and what I took from the documentary is the Dad Assad started it and it literally bit him in the ass and destroyed his own country while his son's in charge no less, top kek

His point at the end about Brexit was that Crazy Things Happen that defy the predicted outcomes and systems, like Trump.

Which is nonsense, because anyone who isn't a mouth breathing idiot can see this shit coming from a mile away.

youtube.com/watch?v=pADHLsECWxY

>African's a mentally incapable of duping white people.

You underestimate how dumb liberal whites are.

>Thus no one can maintain a system or predict it's outcome.

He doesn't believe that. He says several times the only people who can navigate the complexities of reality are politicians, but they've been weakened by evil computers.

>HE USED HIS SON TO PROVOKE AN ARREST SO HE COULD SUE

Good for him.

Give this a watch...
youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg

Good for him.

>SEND SON INTO SCHOOL WITH AN IED, CONSISTING OF A STORE BOUGHT DE-CASED ALARM CLOCK(INNOVATION!)
>NO SCHOOL PROJECT INVOLVED, CLAIMED HE WANTED TO SHOW IT TO HIS SCIENCE TEACHER AFTER SCHOOL
>SET IT TO BEEP DURING CLASS TO CAUSE A SCENE
>RIGHTLY GETS ARRESTED, AS HIS FATHER PLANNED
>CRY ABOUT MUH ISLAMOPHOBIA, CAUSING A CHILLING EFFECT ON PEOPLE REPORTING SUSPICIOUS MUSLIMS, TWO OF WHICH HAPPEN TO SHOOT 22 PEOPLE IN CALIFORNIA A FEW WEEKS LATER

HES A SCUMBAG WITH BLOOD ON HIS HANDS FROM SAN BERNARDINO

LIBERALS WILL EXCUSE ANYTHING FOR THEIR SJW CIRCLEJERKS