David Bowtie general: 1. Outside is his best album edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pl1xZIUK0Ew
illustrated-db-discography.nl/Toy.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>being able to choose

Hallo Spaceboy is incredible, the pounding drums, the soaring guitar.

I love Station To Station.

1. Outside is fantastic, but Scary Monsters has always been my favorite Bowie album, though Low comes close

>"I talked to one of the musicians who is on this and got a more complete story. First, these aren’t outtakes at all and, second, they weren’t initially intended to be a Bowie album. The idea was to form a sort of supergroup behind Bowie and Eno, and record an album as a one-off project for that group. This is essentially that album. So what we have here is a fully-realized concept album for a group that never came into existence.

>It was then presented to the record company, who as we all know rejected it as “uncommercial.” After that, Bowie used parts of it as the basis for an entirely new project, which became 1.Outside. So, had this been released, Outside would have never happened. So, rather than this being outtakes from Outside, it’s actually more true that Outside was based on outtakes from The Leon Suites, an album in its own right."

Where do you user's rate Reality?

I feel its actually one of Bowie's best albums post 1985.

It's a towering album full of existential dread of aging. Truly beautiful

WE ARE THE GOON SQUAD AND WE'RE COMING TO TOWN
BEEP BEEP

I'm listening that song currently and happened to read your post in time with the lyrics

truly spooky

I like Reality. One of his best albums. But I prefer Heathen.
youtube.com/watch?v=pl1xZIUK0Ew

>the pounding drums, the soaring guitar

I have debate all the time with myself, Heathen is incredible, and maybe even more impactful to me than Reality, but still I'm more drawn to Reality and can't really explain it, Slip Away is one my favorite Bowie songs

>OP's a retard kike

I wish he would have made outside 2 with eno before he passed :(

If you liked Reality you should definitely try Toy

Will do, I've been meaning to check it out, thanks man.

if it's so good then how come there's no 2. Inside?

As there are lots of mixes of songs from Toy, check this site for a good overview of the album.
illustrated-db-discography.nl/Toy.htm

thanks again, I appreciate that a lot

I fucking wish i was him.

>Post 1985
why stretch it to '85? Do you consider Tonight or Let's Dance to be formidable albums in his discography?

No, I realized that after, Let's Dance is a pretty good album, but everything after lacked until outside to me (though I do enjoy Black Tie White Noise) to me at least, just bad wording on my part

yes