Why do populations become increasingly insane as technology progresses?

Why do populations become increasingly insane as technology progresses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
youtube.com/watch?v=SOxsnOG0VYo
youtube.com/watch?v=wqovm-Io2D0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

maybe anti-depressants.

I'm so sick of faggottry on the news. every. single. day. just leave us alone.

It's obviously a joke you idiot.

the lack of real work and problems.

We're gonna have real (read fake) problems when the .gov decides to activate Project Blue Beam.

because now, everybody has an opinion that can be seen by everybody, including media

We now live in a society that turns around "ME ME ME ME" just look at selfies or how people take 1000 pictures of themselves doing this or that

Just like cars : now, it's MY car with MY music from MY ipod or whatever

Now everybody has his own little blog that have an unrealistic ammont of followers, and the media take care of some vocal minorities because "hurr it's a trending blog duh"

I have seen kids "talking" about politics on Twitter at an age I used to play in my room with fucking playmobils

Are they going to start chopping off dog's penises now? Isn't it cruel enough to cut their balls?

Because technology (and welfare) keeps the unhealthy of body and mind alive.

What a fucking moron

Please. Vanity is the least offensive sin in the bible.

Probably this. Massive youth unemployment gives them nothing better to do

1. Lack of hardship of any kind leads to mental imbalances. Animals aren't equipped to deal with unending abundance and safety. Humans get bored.

2. Human beings being raised from when they were young children with big glowing rectangles in front of their faces.

3. Technology has widened the distance of interactions from the typical person to such a degree, nobody ever is allowed to tell you that you are wrong. These people would have been silent or bullied or flatout told they were stupid before the internet. Now they can live their entire lives talking about the genitalia of cats.

I know I'm fucking paranoid, but I used to think all this "selfie" thing was pushed for the later diffusion of some Orwellian facial-recon technology through social networks, in order to easily establish a police state.

I refuse to believe this is real, user. This must be a Sup Forums troll account. Pls?

These changes and subversion are top-down, not bottom-up.

Strong social values are essential to the survival of a rising nation. Once that nation becomes dominant and no longer needs those values, it disposes with them. We become victims of our own success like the Romans before us.

Are you familiar with the plot to Metal Gear Solid 2? Allow me to copy-paste some dialogue.

Rose : We've always kept records of our lives. Through words, pictures,
symbols... from tablets to books...

Colonel : But not all the information was inherited by later generations. A
small percentage of the whole was selected and processed, then
passed on. Not unlike genes, really.

Rose : That's what history is, Jack.

Colonel : But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is
accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never
fading, always accessible.

Rose : Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander...

Colonel : All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at
an alarming rate.

Rose : It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of
evolution.

Colonel : Raiden, you seem to think that our plan is one of censorship.

Raiden : Are you telling me it's not!?

Rose : You're being silly! What we propose to do is not to control
content, but to create context.

Raiden : Create context?

Colonel : The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards
the development of convenient half-truths. Just look at the
strange juxtapositions of morality around you.

Rose : Billions spent on new weapons in order to humanely murder other
humans.

How do we stop this madness ?

That's real though. Facebook can do that.

Colonel : Rights of criminals are given more respect than the privacy of
their victims.

Rose : Although there are people suffering in poverty, huge donations
are made to protect endangered species. Everyone grows up being
told the same thing.

Colonel : "Be nice to other people."

Rose : "But beat out the competition!"

Colonel : "You're special." "Believe in yourself and you will succeed."

Rose : But it's obvious from the start that only a few can succeed...

Colonel : You exercise your right to "freedom" and this is the result. All
rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt. The
untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and
accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value
systems.

Rose : Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid
of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking
whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society
at large.

Colonel : The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is
invalidated, but nobody is right.

Rose : Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is
being engulfed in "truth."

Colonel : And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a
whimper.

Rose : We're trying to stop that from happening.

Colonel : It's our responsibility as rulers. Just as in genetics,
unnecessary information and memory must be filtered out to
stimulate the evolution of the species.

Crazy people exists with or without the tech. You are just able to hear from them instead of them being confined to their hamlet in the middle of nowhere.

People constantly need things to complain about no matter how easy life is. The slippery slope is real; now that gays got what they wanted, you'll see all sorts of freaks come out of the wood works to force society to accept their fetishes and faggotry.

Yeah, my gf tricks me into taking Snapchats with her using those stupid animated filters that she just saves to her phone. Eventually, I'm like, "Stop. Fucking biometric data, babe!" I always forget at first, though. I'm already in the system. Sugggs.

Separation from life and death. Alienation to the natural cycle. These people are under the impression they are going to live forever.

Just post the fucking speech.

Everyone should give this a view, its extremely topical and this was fucking 2001.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

She is right though. The cat may be a hermaphrodite where the female side dominates but she still has a penis. Let's not get bogged down with facts though.

Because the easy availability of food, power, and shelter created by the technologically advanced allow the vermin to survive, and thrive. If they actually had to fend for themselves, they would be less worried about stupid things, like nigger rights, bathroom wars, etc. When societies are backwards, and people need to struggle to survive, the stupid die off, and no one else worries about dumb stuff.

technology gives ease of access to means of communication for mentally impaired, before internet tards like that would just get slapped or their shit kicked in and told to stop with that kind of shit.

It probably isn't.

awfully defensive there, aren't ya?

Isn't which?

Technology gives them easier means to spread their crazy bullshit to a wider audience

Because most people are dumb as fucking rocks, have no critical thinking skills, and are highly suggestible to whatever nonsense they are told. (See: religion) This quality, combined with a complete lack of hardship in a cushy, frivolous life, creates bored idiots who will delve into zealotry on just about any subject.

What they need is a good cataclysmic event to scare the shit out of them and make them start behaving again.

You guys are borderline fucking retarded if you think the people are less or more rational today than they were say 304 years ago. They were burning fucking witches at the stake and thought that looking at someone with an evil eye would give them bad luck. Oh and fucking lightning is God's revengeance. niggers the Future's great shut the fuck up and fuck off.

estrogen in the water

Probably isn't a troll account.

People have always been fucking crazy, it is just easier to spread your bullshit to more people via technology. How is this a hard concept for some people to grasp?

In Singapore,they have facial recognition systems when you collect your passports.
Just fuck my shit up.

Cuz they're children.

I call my male cat a girl all the time, but I'm bullying him. He thinks he's tough, but he's a kitten.

This trans shit has to stop, and trans acceptance radicals need to die in fire.

Where did I put that helium tank...?

>World without whites
>Concrete
>Any material other than wood.
Wew lad we would all be living in cabins

this

>increasingly insane
They aren't insane. They've reached a new level of retardation that hasn't been properly classified yet.

Because the stupid and crazy have always been among us but now they can broadcast their nonsense to a wide audience and flock together to increase it.

Stay with us, brother.

MAGA.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't give disdain to people utterly consumed by themselves because it's non-harmful. In other words, its not really a good idea to take offence when there is none.

Because the internet provides more information than the human brain was meant to handle.

Unfortunately though the stupid survive and we get Donald trump for a president.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

>In July 1968 four pairs of mice were introduced into the Utopian universe. The universe was a 9-foot (2.7 m) square metal pen with 4.5-foot-high (1.4 m) sides. Each side had four groups of four vertical, wire mesh “tunnels.” The “tunnels” gave access to nesting boxes, food hoppers, and water dispensers. There was no shortage of food or water or nesting material. There were no predators. The only adversity was the limit on space.

>Initially the population grew rapidly, doubling every 55 days. The population reached 620 by day 315, after which the population growth dropped markedly, doubling only every 145 days. The last surviving birth was on day 600.

>This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior. Among the aberrations in behavior were the following: expulsion of young before weaning was complete, wounding of young, increase in homosexual behavior, inability of dominant males to maintain the defense of their territory and females, aggressive behavior of females, passivity of non-dominant males with increased attacks on each other which were not defended against.

>After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed “the beautiful ones.” Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed.

>The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the population.

alright

>Stay with us, brother.
>MAGA

How exactly are "they" bothering you?

You seem to have posted the wrong image.
Here's a proper one.

its not technology its population size
dr.calhouns work
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
dr.calhouns work continued
youtube.com/watch?v=SOxsnOG0VYo

>implying hillary and her supporters aren't witches

the same way a retard saying a bunch of retarded shit bothers me, like you

Only because they didnt give the mice additional habitat as the population grew
The equivalent for humans would be a city thats under marshall law for 100 years

It happens as communication technology progresses, because weirdos are given a larger and larger sphere of influence and support.

The more people you tell your batshit opinions to, the more likely it will be you find yet another batshit person to support your delusional ideas. It's as simple as that. It happened with the invention of the printing press too.

>Why do populations become increasingly insane as technology progresses?
natural selection goes bye bye

The experiment is a proper representation of the world. The space humans can inhabit on Earth is also limited and finite.

Overpopulation is as much a threat to the rat pen as it is to us. The Earth is a gigantic rat pen.

youtube.com/watch?v=wqovm-Io2D0

This is how i feel when i see stuff like this. Meme video but gets the point across.

I had a cat that had both a vagina and penis. True story.

I don't know, I could make some guesses.

>Virtual socialization replaces personal socialization
>The internet is much more capsulated and chambered than real life
>People exist within social vacuums
>Ideas and concepts are developed/instilled/adopted and never challenged
>Delusion creeps in where the barrier of criticism ought to be

>Technology creates comfort
>Certain imperatives and dangers and comparatively extinct
>No longer forced to shape view of reality around real imperatives and dangers
>Delusion creeps into a perspective has already been shaped away from certain realities
>Delusions are not challenged by these extinct pressures and dangers

I think that it is basically an issue in socialization, and in the development of a perception which represents "subjective, feels based" reality as opposed to "objective, reals based" reality, which was only able to develop from within the comfort and sterile social environment afforded by technology.

I'm only talking about things like social media and even Sup Forums. Obviously, I've got no issue with medical technology or transport etc.

That's just my knee-jerk reaction, but I at least agree that populations do become increasingly "insane" as technology progresses. Maybe we've always been AS insane, and technology just makes the opinions of delusional social outcasts more widely available. I'm just guessing, I don't know.

they are female fedoras

holy crap there is a lot of vids about this experiment. thanks user.

I fucking agree, but WHEN?

Half of the third world has nukes, and China is flexing hard on Japan right now, and we're obligated to defend Japan militarily. A lot of the first world is being invaded and taken over by third world minorities. Could be any day now, could be never.

We desperately need WWIII though, would solve almost all of our problems instantly. Hopefully they implement conscription and let "crazy" people join the fight. ;_;

>Why do populations become increasingly insane as technology progresses?
There have always been an alarming number of insane people. It's just that they used to be almost entirely invisible because their craziness made them essentially unable to interact with the world around them. If you see someone dressed in stained rags jumping around on a street corner saying he's a female cat in a human's body, you just have a chuckle and walk on.

The internet allows people like that a platform to speak where they at least superficially are indistinguishable from anyone else. You have to critically read what he's saying to know he's gone mad, and by then you've been exposed to madness. You've thought about it and considered it. You've been, on some level, infected by it. You're having to think about insane things all the time and eventually it builds up and you start thinking insane things too.

>All I'm saying is that we shouldn't give disdain to people utterly consumed by themselves because it's non-harmful.

>implying trump would be bad
shoo shoo leftist, you do not comprehend human rights and freedom like a sane person

it is your kind that gives us this unending nightmare, you will face agony for this transgression

Technology enables the spread of this cancer

Before the Internet and social media, these loonies would be ignored and shunned in whatever city they live in and thus the spread of this shit is non existent

Since millennials and newer generations are only concerned with social media and ignore everything else, along with being lazy shits who refuse to verify anything, take all their ideals from whatever is trendy

>least offensive sin
>sin
>least offensive

Have you any idea how sin works m8

Its true, vain-glorifying is what fueled all this shit since the start of social media years ago.

This has got to be the most retarded statement i have read.

Fuggin ’ell

what if i told you the world has always been insane, it's easier to spot the insanity with technology.