Be honest: you don't actually think Ronaldo is better than him do you?

be honest: you don't actually think Ronaldo is better than him do you?

sad!

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

be honest: you're not actually autistic are you?

>le footy lad look

If Madrid hadn't lost to Barca, Messi wouldn't be in the discussion for the Ballon d'Or.

Madrid is dominating every European league giant in the UCL, and only struggles in La liga, drawing 1-1 against Atletico but beating them 3-0 in the UCL, losing to Sevilla and then Sevilla.

It's safe to say Madrid, Ronaldo are using the healthy competition level in La Liga to dominate Europe, which Barca (and Messi) have failed to do.

Ronaldo is winning the Ballon d'Or this year.

lol messi is top 5 all-time, it would be hard to justify ronaldo even being in the top 15. He is a pure goalscorer and those come and go, but legends like Messi stay forever.

Individually no but he's had a better career, for what it's worth

i don't see how anyone can legitimately believe that ronaldo isn't better than ronaldo desu. from 2009-2012, sure theres a real argument for messi being the best. Afterwards, take xavi and inesta away from him? not so great. So it's obvious that he, himself, wasn't the determining factor in his GOATness.

Ronaldo on the other hand? makes players like ozil and di maria look world class. What ronaldo brings to the table is widly consistent across the board. He can play anywhere and still achieve the highest level of success.

there are only a few factors you need to consider, that ultimately remove messi completely from the conversation of GOAT, nor even allow for the comparison to ronaldo. 1) His success in the guardiola era vs after, 2) knocked out of the QF of the CL, 3 out of the 4 years he's played with BOTH suarez and neymar. 3) # of finals he's lost for argentina vs how many times he's retired

>legitimately believe that ronaldo isn't better than ronaldo

kek, you know what i meant, ronaldo > messi

Not you again.. You're why people shit on the leaf

>it's Ronaldinho and Deco!
>it's Ibrahimovic and Eto'o!
>it's Iniesta and Xavi!
>no, it's Suarez and Neymar!

also
*ignore that Argentina couldn't even get out of QF before Messi*
*ignore that Argentina lost all its games without Messi, but won all its games with Messi*

*ignore that messi is 0/4 in finals for argentina, only which in 2014 WC argentina weren't the favourites to win

When Ronaldo was in that great run a couple of years ago, scoring 50+ goals per season, he was untouchable. And I fucking hate Ronaldo.

It was like watching art in those years... a delight to watch.

>it's this assblasted canadian again

Higuain is actually better and more clutch than Messi.

Blaming 2007 on Messi is like blaming 2004 on Ronaldo

Then that's just Higuain choking. Messi wishes he could get injured and have Elder scoring while he's warming the bench.

He actually posted a good post, he brought his point and backed it up well. Youre just a leaf trying to bring other leaves down to your shitpost level.

>Messi wishes he could get injured and have Elder scoring while he's warming the bench.

laughed harder than I should

>hold my jacket rodrigo, i have to take pictures with the trophy

okay so everything pre 2007 for messi doesn't count, everything for ronaldo still counts. thus that would mean;
Messi: 6 La ligas, 3 CL's, 0/3 in finals for argentina
Ronaldo; 3 premier leagues, 1 la liga, 3 Cl's, 1/2 in finals for portugal (pro tip: they never made it past the semi's BEFORE ronaldo)

hmmmmm, really gets my neurons firing. Who could possibly be the better player? One player has seen limited success with only one team, and failed to win anything outside of that team. The other has won everything there is to win with 2 different teams, in 2 different leagues, across 9 years, and has captained his national team to the highest level of success they've ever had.

really makes you wonder

Get a life you fucking autist. Spee goes 2 days without sucking the manlet's dick and you throw a fit about it.

Cristiano has won a more difficult international competition with an inferior national team.

REALLY
MAKES
YOU
THINK

T H I S

Of course not, can't even objectively argue Ronaldo is better. The Euro is the biggest literal doesn't count award wrongly credited to him and no one seriously thinks he's better it's just nice to see some competition.

Ronaldo shows the closest you can get to godhood through hard work which is apparently pretty fucking high but no one puts him at the same out of this world level as Messi naturally is.

I mean Messi just changes his diet a bit and goes back to being GOAT, he doesn't need to spend 12 hours a day training and lifting weights, he wants to enjoy his family life as well. Messi with peak physical form would be fucking scary.

Actually I do

but he barely played in the final
and his team was fairly shitty throughout, didn't they draw every game besides the final he played like 10 minutes in?

>not losing and playing the system in your favour somehow discredits your victory

defense WINS championships

Missi fags say that Ronaldo didnt play the euro final..........
but I didnt see messi play in the wc final.....?????

Why only count finals, lmao?

Losing in quarter finals is better than reaching a final? top fucking kek

Sup Forums is a pro-Messi board.

Well sure, but that doesn't change the fact that Argentina has been stacked for Messi's entire career and he still hasn't won jack shit with them.

But Copa america is rank-wise the hardest continental competition. You dont play shitters like Pooland, Croashita or fucking Iceland in the knockout rounds

>argentina
>stacked
lol, Portugal was always way more solid

better goalkeeper
better defense
better midfield

we only had better strikers, but they are all chokers when it matters

Higuain missed 3 goals, 1 in each final

>Losing in the QF's is better than being the last team to lose

You want to compare who's lost more when were in a discussion discussing who's the better player? It would have no merit, ronaldo is older and both of them play/played in completely different competitions. The only comparable factor/acihevement is ultimately victory in this case.

>i only look at the number of titles
oh ok, you're a total pleb

what a waste of time

Poland is ranked 11th
croatia is ranked 15th
iceland is 24th

messi played fucking usa, venezuela, and fucking bolivia

>FIFA ranking

Shh, our retarded tsubhuman leaf thinks shitters like Iceland are in the same level as Ecuador or Paraguay

Beer gut Ameriburger here....

Everyone I talk to at my local "British" Pub says something along these lines..... "Well.... CR7 has great skills,,, and I would love him on my team... he just seems to be in the right place at the right time, and that's no accident..... but Messi can create his own shot out of nothing... and would be valuable anywhere...."

Bottom lines is.... even "hardcore" fans don't choose either one.. they recognize greatness in 2 different places.

>Whataburger

>Higuain missed 3 goals, 1 in each final
missi fags resorting to chatting shit about their own players
whens has portugal done this?
>But Copa america is rank-wise the hardest continental competition
am I missing something you bitch?

this

>i agree with it so it must be correct

Are you actually basing team quality on FIFA rankings? You've clearly never seen those teams play

lmao where would it end if we were to look at anything else? # of specific wins? are wins vs some teams more important than wins vs others? how about total minutes played in games in which their team won? mintues compared to which teams they were played against (e.g playing 5 mintues vs bayern munich would be worth more than playing 5 mintues against granada)? How many minutes played vs total number of games, vs total number of games in a month? in a week? in a span of 96 hours?

Who fucking cares. The only thing that matters in the end is winning. Winning and titles are mutally inclusive.

No but you did. Here let me quote your hamburgler neckbeard pisshole again

>But Copa america is rank-wise the hardest continental competition. You dont play shitters like Pooland, Croashita or fucking Iceland in the knockout rounds
>But Copa america is rank-wise the hardest continental competition. You dont play shitters like Pooland, Croashita or fucking Iceland in the knockout rounds

70% of the teams playing Copa America are top 20 ELO

Not disagreeing about more recent years, but I still don't understand how you guys managed to lose this one to a team of meme players managed by fucking Dunga.

Apart from the GK every single one of those guys are better in their position than anyone Ronaldo every played with on Portugal.

Paul Scholes is better than both of them.

not this

>it's a missi vs tsunaldo thread

How about you watch the games, you utter pleb?

>discredits fifa rankings
>then uses fifa rankings to credit the difficulty of his micky mouse cup

Because Basile is a meme coach

He didn't believe in tactic and strategy. He literally told them to go out and have fun.

You quoted someone else, i dont give a shit about rankings
Teams like Iceland play literal part time soccer players and make it past the group stages in the Euro. you won't find that in Copa America.
>hamburgler neckbeard pisshole
physically cringed

>ELO = FIFA
I am done with leafs

Fifa rankings are trash and have been for a while. Opinion discarded you fucking leaf

i do wacth games. i watched both semi final games this week. Weird though, i watched ronaldo score a hattrick but didn't see messi do anything?

holy shit you are genuinely retarded.

depends on which Ronaldo you are talking about
El phenomenom or TSUUU

Messi played chile (6th ELO)
Panama (53rd)
Bolivia (45th)
venezuela (43rd)
USA (32nd)
wow that really backfired didnt it?
dont bother replying

how the fuck am i suposed to have assumed what he meant by ELO? i just assumed it was some retarded abbreviation black people use to emphasis something they said

Nice moving the goalposts. He was talking about the quality of Copa America overall, not about the path each team had. Also, we trashed all those teams, instead of getting through with ties and 3rd places.

embarrassing. stick to hockey

Yeah, I get that you only started to watch football this year.

If you like statistics so much, go wank over WhoScored that at least takes everything into account (passes, key passes, dribbles, situations created, % of chances scores/% of chances available, etc.)
spoiler: Messi has been #1 for 8 seasons in a row

What's with the waterworks? Mad you just got butt told? I juts used your arguments against you and you still got the nerve to accuse me of moving goalposts. Just give up, messi always, is, and always will be inferior to Ronaldo

operational words: this week

Also
>he
we all know it was you. Amazing how the posters count didnt change when you posted? Spectacular

What's with all the leafs in this thread?

>yank talking about Copa America in general
>counter-argument is the path Argentina had in one edition

>trashed all those teams
>loses to the same team in the finals back-to-back when it actually matters

huray for "trashing" teams when nothings on the line kek

remind me who's the all time CL scorer and assister? Most goals in the knock stages of the CL? who has 8 goals in their last 3 CL games and who only has 1 in their last 6?

How many stars does argentina have? how many did they have before and after messi?

How many national titles did portugal have before ronaldo? how about after? oh and wait, who's the leading scorer in Euro history?

L M F A O. holy kek.

so let me get this straight, you don't think titles matter , but you think situations created and dribbles do? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

>Mad you just got butt told?

>it was you
It was an American, you can see the flags, you know?

>if you like stats so much, ignore the ones that really matter like goals scored and assists made, and look at all these literal who stats

Jesus christ....

It's just one Halal paki/chink Cucknadian autist trying to argue about Tsu being the best despite having only watched football recently (and didnt even know basic shit like Elo ratings)

I said that actually watching the games is the most important. And that if you can't get over Americuck obsession with statistics, at least use WhoScored.

>titles matter
Well that's it gentlemen.

Gento (6 Champions Leagues) is the best player in the history of Europe. Period.

im actually the pajeet, idk what the leaf is

Goal scored and assists are also taken into account

Problem with goals is that scoring 2 out of 3 (Messi) is the same as scoring 2 out of 10 (Ronaldo)

or that creating 1 chance and having your teammate score it (Ronaldo) is the same as creating 3 chances but your teammate scoring only once (Messi)

That's why you also use key passes (Messi trashes Ronaldo here) and % of efficacy (Messi also trashes Ronaldo here)

nope both argie flags
consider re-reading the posts that were replied to
embarrassing
why would I count the teams messi DIDNT play? in a fucking messi thread? about the copa america 2016?
if you cant read or use your brain then dont bother trying to make an argument

>implying i said titles are THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS

how does it feel knowing you literally have to put words into my mouth in order to counter argue anything i've said? like you literally have no arguments, because your obviously wrong or not smart enough to come up with some, that you actually have to make things up just to have something to say back?

see (American flag)

"The only comparable factor/acihevement is ultimately victory in this case."

also reminder that Iniesta is better than Ronaldo in every possible way

>2 Euro (scored in the final)
>1 WC (scored in the final)
>4 CL (scored in the final)
>8 league titles

>muh Higuain choking
you know what the difference is between Ronaldo and Messi? Ronaldo can inspire his team. Last year was so funny looking at the contrast. Ronaldo plays a final where the game isn't going the way he wants and he comes off with an injury. He spends the rest of the match cheering from the sidelines and gives Eder a vote of confidence telling him that he's going to score the winner. At the end of the match everyone goes off to celebrate with him.

What does Messi do in that year's final when shit goes wrong? He spends the rest of it moping and nobody looks like they want to fucking play. They're just there because they made it that far but they are all scared shitless of the inevitable loss, Messi being the face of that.

it doesnt matter nigger he carried his team to the final , thats the hardest part .

>can inspire a team
>never got out of QF in a World Cup since Figo retired
>Euro title won by qualifying 3rd with all ties and not even playing the final (i.e.: his teammates won it)

>losing 3 finals in a row including missing the desicive penalty is somehow better than actually winning a harder tournament
>the state of underage messi delusionists
ok
(argie)
(argie)
stop trying to make a fool out of yourself

I have a question for you gentlemen, who will decline faster with age?

Ronaldo is a better athlete and will be able to keep up for longer, but his game is more based around physicality and strength, both of which will inevitably decline.

Messi might have greater technical ability and his passing and reading of the game will only get better with age, but he won't be able to carry the entire team on his back like he has been doing once he starts getting into his 30s.

>his teammates win without him
>HE won it, it was HIM!

So Ronald is a world class cheerleader? What's your fucking point you retarded chicano scum? You dont give Balon dors to Cheerleaders but to the best player.

no.
but ronaldo is clutch in a way messi often isn't, and I will gladly TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU every penalty and tap-in
frankly I can't stand either of their teams, but I like watching both players

I dont give a shit whose better, I just hope those indio argies never win another title, a nation of cheats

>problem with goals is that scoring 2 goals out of 3 goals is the same as scoring 2 goals out of 10 goals

wtf does that even mean and why would i even care? the end product is still 2 goals?

>quotes me saying "The only comparable factor/acihevement is ultimately victory in this case."
>"The only comparable factor/acihevement is ultimately victory in this case."
>The only comparable factor...in this case
>factor...this case
>THIS. CASE.
>proceeds to bring up a completely different '''case''' and comparsion

i don't ever shit on non english speaking countries for grammatic/clerical errors, but if you're going to be making such completely irrelevant arguements because of your misintrerpration of english i literally can't argue with you. You will never truly understand what i'm saying.

No retard I'm telling you Portugal likes Ronaldo because he's the leader of the team while Messi is an inconvenience for Argentina. Without Messi they could play a different type of football that doesn't rely on a choking midget who throws autistic fits in the locker room.

>ronaldo
>top scorer on his team in the tourney
>wins

>messi
>misses A FUCKING PENALTY
>loses his 3rd tourney in a row

Cue even more mental gymnastics

he was injured last wc, its a known fact,

I still think messi is better but lets be objective here

Oh so titles only matter when it's convenient? kek

Ronaldo is Gerd Müller

Except Gerd Müller actually won more titles, so he was actually better by your standards

Messi is something else like Zidane. You look at Zidane's statistics and they are terrible. Only a pleb that never watched a full game with Zidane there would try to argue that Zidane wasn't a GOAT.

>unironically thinking Argentina will magically play better without their best player even though said player has bailed them out in WCQs and world cup games where no one else showed up.
Id >tf >tt but since you're a retarded chicano scum, I'll instead say CHI.
From here on out you wont get a serious response from me.
CHI

>scores 3 goals in 1 game
>disappears the other 5 games
>le top scorer with his team

Ronaldo's doctor told him not to play yet still scored
The injury carried until early in the 14/15 season where he missed a few games
Messi amazingly managed to disappear after nigeria and iran
this entire post is so bizarrely incorrect im not sure where to even start

btw, Messi's statistics are actually better than Ronaldo's when you get down to it

when Messi is 32 like Ronaldo, he will be 60 goals and 40 assists ahead of where Ronaldo is now

but judging Messi with statistics is dumb as fuck, go to the stadium fool