Was this scene supposed to be so funny?

Was this scene supposed to be so funny?

>OUR WEAPON IS SO POWERFUL
>OH SHIT STARKILLER BASE GOT DESTROYED
Fucking pathetic Disney

No, but they cut out all the scenes that were supposed to give it any narrative or emotional weight.

You must be thinking of episode 4

Why was everything in the same solar system again?

I am talking about episode 7 user.

Is there even a difference?

Read the Force Awakens characters book where it details about a female

>See this in the theatre.

Oh shit, did they blow up Coruscant? That gives this film actual weight within the Star Trek universe, although it is a bit of a typical Abrams story choice compared to his Star Trek reboot...

>Look it up at home, turns out it is some other system called the Hosnian system that we have never heard of before and probably will never hear of again.

Well. That was pointless.

because all of star wars actually occurred in the same solar system

>EU fags rekt

Read the Force Awakens characters book where it details about a female who was important to Leia and died on a planet

Meant Star Wars universe, am drunkposting.

With all the planets so extremely close to each other? Not impossible, but extremely implausible. But remember, this is science fantasy, not science fiction.

>Disney putting a prequel planet into their disaster movie
Not likely

Yes, this was pretty confusing. It seems they went out of their way to not make this series have anything to do with the prequels, which confused audiences that do remember them. This wasn't necessarily a bad policy, but who would see that and not automatically think it was Coruscant?

I don't understand this question

They blew up a solar system

>It seems they went out of their way to not make this series have anything to do with the prequels

And it was so much better for it

Yeah my friend thought it was Coruscant.

>A star wars planet with a big city getting destroyed
Maybe if JJ actually fucking wrote TFA well then he could have got Leia or Han to say the name of the planet they destroyed.

Force Awakens is such a badly edited film for fuck sake and yet idiots like RLM defend it and people on Sup Forums suck them off

>not getting the poetry of blowing up the planet that most exemplified the failure of the prequels, with the boring, sterile Jedi Council, the retarded Senate, and Dexter Jettster's diner as a metaphor about the new movies sweeping aside the prequels

JJ Abrams doesn't understand how star systems work.

>it's the "blindly hate the prequels" meme

Do you even think for yourself?

Fuck off

PEW

It this being ironic? I wouldn't say it needed they needed to differently, and not referencing the prequels wouldn't be that hard, but I wouldn't describe "TFA" as being better than anything that it potentially could have been.

>the boring, sterile Jedi Council, the retarded Senate, and Dexter Jettster's diner as a metaphor about the new movies sweeping aside the prequels
KYS

PEW.

Captain Phasma
>Born brainwashed to forever serve the dark empire
Oh you want me to shut these shields off? Sure thing rebels.

If this is a brand new base, how does it have those nice tall trees? And why did the Empire bother planting them?
>And don't fucking tell me they're fast growing space trees

PEW..

They used the force :^)

>Beam is clearly traveling much slower than light
>Would need to be travel thousands of times faster than light to reach another system quickly

ROOOZAAAAYYYYY

>mfw the new Death star is literally a giant blaster.

TFA was confusing as hell. I had no idea wtf was going on. Why is there still empire and rebels when the empire was defeated at the end of ROTJ? Why is it called First Order? How do they have so much more resources than the Empire? Why's this Hosnian System? What's going on with Courascant?

I understood the "space politics" fine in the prequels but was totally lost with ep 7.

So if the base was in another solar system shouldn't the people have had several years to get out of the way?

Wasn't it established that they built the weapon into the planet, or at least implied?

How is the laser moving slower than light? If it's a laser they shouldn't be able to see it coming before it hits them.

>How does Maz have Luke's Lightsaber?
We don't know
>Who is Snoke?
We don't know
>How did the Empire build the most powerful weapon when they were all destroyed 30 years ago and suddenly millions of new stormtroopers exist?
We don't know

Is TFA the greatest cuck movie?

Midiclorians photons. Its both traveling faster than light and slower at the same time.

Because it's not a laser, it sucks in a sun, and shoots the plasma at things. It's literally a blaster pistol on a planetary scale.

And yet normies call TFA the best Star Wars movie when it makes no sense at all.

>We want the turn your brain off audience

its like a ship, travels at sublight into orbit then it goes into hyperspace, then comes out of hyperspace at the destination and lands

>I understood the "space politics"
Really? Can you really explain all the fundamental parts of Palpatine's plan? Consider that I wouldn't take, "it's not explained as answer."

This always makes me think of the Buena Vista Television logo when I see it. I heard the music from the logo screens in my head in the theater while this was happening and lol'd.

It was established, either in the movie or outside source, that the weapon's fire could travel through hyperspace.

It's way smaller than a planet. It's even smaller than the Moon. It's also implied the entire thing is metal, with a surface covered with soil.

>then it goes into hyperspace
You need a hyperdrive to go into hyperspace.

>Create a phantom menace to show the ineffectiveness of the Senate at dealing with threats
>ride the unrest into the highest seat of power
>keep the rebellion you're directing going to justify an all out war, allowing you to justify the use of a new clone army answerable to you
>destroy the jedi
>Solidify power
>?????
>profit

B-B-But there's an explanation I swear! You just need to go look for it online and fill in your own plot holes on your own!

The whole movie felt like the pilot for a TV series, trying to tantalise you with lots of interesting and unexplained elements that happen before/after ep 7 which will be explored in later works.

So I assume some time down the track we'll see some episode 6.5: Kylo Ren: Origins that picks up from the end of ep 6. Why TFA didn't just start there (which DESU sounds like a much more interesting concept for a film) is beyond me.

>It was established, either in the movie or outside source,
Don't kid yourself, nothing was established in the movie.

>"They somehow created a hyper lightspeed weapon built within the planet itself."

>So I assume some time down the track we'll see some episode 6.5: Kylo Ren: Origins that picks up from the end of ep 6.
JJ has said that he wants to make a Kylo Ren prequel movie ahaha

Ha nerd stop over thinking the movie and just turn your brain off bro.

That shit is pretty cool, you have to admit.

BTW the sun discharges plasma everyday and the plasma moves at near light speed toward us.

Either way the people on the planets would have a few years notice before they see a random amount of plasma coming for them.

JJ is a fucking retard.

and then he did a sheevspin and walked away

>Was this scene supposed to be so funny?
Only in German.

Uh, you missed a lot of things, and by that I mean when something happens, probably by Palpatine's command and you ask why it happens, or like one of those plans fail, and you ask why he still succeeded in the end. You know, the parts that are never explained and can't be explained.

The plan itself is understandable perfectly, the issue is how feasible it would be outside of a plot convenient setting.

1.) Create trade dispute to oust the current Chancellor

2.) Use your disciple to secretly create a clone army with your senate/jedi connections

3.) Start separatist movement and use the civil war to wipe out the jedi and take power

>don't think too much or you'll realize the movie doesn't make any sense
>don't think too much bro or you'll discover too many plot holes

A German guy I know sighed when the stormtroopers did their first pump after the speech scene.

I guess he got triggered

>and you ask why he still succeeded in the end.
He controlled both sides of the conflict. He practically couldn't fail.

Yeah a ps2 graphic hitting actors who would get more money and would be more fitting at McDonalds while they stand another ps2 graphic.

see this user's post
this sums it up

user.. you just made the prequels the greatest politics movies ever.

I will save your post and post it whenever people say the prequels had bad writing

master bait

>The plan itself is understandable perfectly
Please, don't speak in hyperboles. It's never established who is imposing the taxes, why Naboo of all planets is attacked, why Gunray is following Palpatine, why he wanted the Queen of Naboo to sign the treaty, why the bureaucrats who controlled the Chancellor couldn't somehow have the taxes lowered themselves, etc.

And then of course there's Episodes II and III.

It doesn't matter if the giant weapon used unicorns tears to shoot rainbows out of ewok asses. Autistic dissecting the feasability of such a thing makes you sound retarded, not the writers or director, as its a fictional story and such a weapon serves a role as a plot device.

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't just make that movie first. Setting up characters as these enigmas with unknown origins is fine for a TV series but it's bad film writing.

Now you are getting it brah, wanna come over to my place and vape bro? I got some pretty cool flavors.

>He controlled both sides of the conflict.
This still doesn't explain why he's doing one thing or another.

I like to masterbait too

I'm going to ask me English is a second language for you, or you're just drunk, because none of that incoherent mess you scrawled resembled an intelligeble comment.

Assume* not ask me

the irony

I said it looked like shit, dumbass

>keeping those soldiers on the surface just for the sake of looking badass when it makes no sense whatsoever
See, the original Star Wars mostly didn't have this stupid sort of shit. It's a small detail but when a film is absolutely filled with small details like that, the end result is something that you can't really suspend your disbelief for.

How is it possible to just stare at the thing and not go blind?

I fully respect the idea of a planet destroying weapon being the strongest weapon ever.

Even more powerful than anything the sith or jedi could even imagine.

But are we really just going to keep building up in this modern series to fucking GALAXY destroying weapons?!?

because that sure as hell seems like where we are headed with this retarded shit.

But I just outlined the central things he did, and they all were fueling his rise to power. What things are you talking about?

Already been done in Expanded Universe books

There's a superweapon that can destroy suns

>Why is there still empire and rebels when the empire was defeated at the end of ROTJ? Why is it called First Order? How do they have so much more resources than the Empire? Why's this Hosnian System? What's going on with Courascant?
I'm not defending many of these unexplained aspects, many of which are unavoidable because it takes place so longer after the most recent chronological entry, but if you can accept why the Trade Federation's leaders are listening to Palpatine, what the Siths want revenge for, the completely unexplained causes of the Civil War in Episode II, as well as plenty of other things, I don't see why the assumptions in TFA are difficult to swallow.

For me, I felt a disconnect in TFA because of how many things were left unexplained, why clearly riding to much on references and and fan service, (as if we're supposed to constantly think back to the Original Trilogy, but not what happened in between ROTJ and TFA), but I found it much more comprehensible than any of the prequels.

See

Turn off your brain bro who cares if it has more energy than an infinite amount of nuclear bombs in which looking at even the smallest blast directly can burn your eyeballs out of your sockets. Dumb nerd ha I bet you watched movies made before 2007 too haha

It makes no sense to keep a large contigent of soldiers on the surface of your main base of operations?

Speaking of the editing, it still bothers me that we never actually see Kylo Ren escape. The last thing we see is him in that snowy forest, then some conversation with Snoke as shit is crumbling away then it cuts to the millennium falcon flying away with the death star 3.0 exploding. They really rushed the last 10 minutes or so.

He was playing both sides against each other, he used the war to militarize the republic and have the senate grant him a shitton of emergency powers. Then he used said emergency powers and the fuckhueg army answering directly to him to wipe out the jedi and cement himself as the emperor.
It isn't all that complicated, just try not turning your brain off so much bro

a sun wouldn't destroy a galaxy though.

Unless you destroy a black hole or something, but even my genius stephen hawking mind doesn't know what would happen then.

It was stupid becuse of how fucking fast they got over not-couracant getting nuked

Also why did the first order not immediately blitz as many republic words as possible ? Considering their head was just cut off it would be easy

That's a pretty fucking stupid question. Films capture the sun all the time without endangering the sight of is viewers.

I've mentioned multiple aspects of his plan that either didn't make sense, or weren't explained.

By this logic, the First Order's plan makes plenty of sense.

There's no fucking way Kyle would of survived
> pussy kid with a lightsaber
> shot in the side
> got btfo in a saber fight and left there
> planet is minutes from exploding
> gets away

>""""soft"""" reboot meme

>a sun wouldn't destroy a galaxy though.
JJ Abrams doesn't know that.

>galaxy destroying weapons
Tengen toppa Star Wars when?

Well that's what it is, and I'll fight you if you disagree

A forced to go supernova would destroy a solar system at best. If you did it to EVERY star, then it would destroy the galaxy.

Not too sure what's problematic about this. It's not literally a reboot, but it's practically restarting the story, while being connected to a previous one, though it's less of a reboot than Jurassic World.

You've not read EU have you?

They have a ship which has a descaled Death Star weapon on it.

They have a weapon called the Sun Crusher

>The Sun Crusher was a nearly indestructible craft that was no larger than a starfighter, but was capable of unleashing destruction on a magnitude that dwarfed even the Death Star's capabilities. Unlike the Death Star, which destroyed individual planets, the Sun Crusher could destroy an entire star system by causing its target star to turn into a supernova.

So, since they went mental with ship sizes as well in EU, they need to go one step further, which would be galaxy destruction. Or at least partial galaxy destruction.

>you now realise a 40k film will never be done because Exterminatus isn't anything special since Star Wars has done it 3 times