Why do large numbers of Americans want a Libertarian style government...

Why do large numbers of Americans want a Libertarian style government, but refuse to vote for the actual Libertarian party?

Is it really because of the supposed 'two party' system?

Other urls found in this thread:

us-political-parties.insidegov.com/compare/3-5/Libertarian-Party-vs-Constitution-Party
reason.com/blog/2016/05/18/william-weld-as-gary-johnsons-vice-presi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>actual Libertarian party

You mean self important leftists LARPing as libertarians

Yes, and also because anyone who looks into libertarian candidates will find things that are retarded quickly

> more freedom!
Great

>cut more taxes for billionaires and keep prison privatized
...oh

Because Libertarians aren't libertarian.

Vote Constitution Party! Libertarians are for cucks.

Many libertarians are very right-wing on national issues while the LP supports open borders.

Even Stefan Molyneux, who (I don't know if he still is) is a self-proclaimed Anarcho-Capitalist, holds many right-wing views.

yes but they don't understand the constitution that they claim to represent...

Because the 'actual Libertarians' are insufferable cunts who are pro-open borders.

They clearly just want cheap labor and give fuck all about the country.

because the electorate is comprised of two digit IQ fucktards who literally hold the future of the country in their hands every time they go to vote.

>and people wonder why this country is fucked

how so? they are against open borders. against degenerates. non interventionist.

us-political-parties.insidegov.com/compare/3-5/Libertarian-Party-vs-Constitution-Party

>Why do large numbers of Americans want a Libertarian style government
because they don't. that's all propaganda.

Because it would just spilt the republican votes and the democrats would sweep

the original constitution was far more welcoming and tolerant of outsiders, which is the exact opposite of the CP.

Because Gary Johnson doesn't give a fuck about the Libertarian Party.

yeah but you can say its a living document. the original constitution only had a few amendments.

>British
>>British
>>>British
>>>>British
>>>>>British

fuck off my constitution

when a Brit understands the American constitution more than an American... awkward!

I know, thats the point, the people who signed it understood times change and it will need to be amended so they factored that in. Modern Americans think the constitution shouldn't be changed at all.

i think the current version stands pretty well. besides what do you have against closed borders and less tolerance for degeneracy?

Protectionism like that has a negative effect on your economy.

But if you don't care about capitalism and economic growth then there's nothing wrong with it,

>large numbers of Americans want a Libertarian style government
Not really

so what. i can spend a bit more at the grocery store knowing im helping my countries citizens

Becaue MUH WASTED VOTE meme.

Yes, any vote not Republican or Democrat is a joke vote.

>voting for local candidates because they're on the ballot for the presidential election or midterm
>write in cartoon characters because nobody from my party is running

I once wrote in Captain Planet for an environmental position.

Because the libertarians are a meme party and no one likes them. Their all-time historical vote was 1%, yes ONE FUCKING PERCENT, in 1980, and that was only with one of the Koch brothers running as veep (kikebux).

>Yes, any vote not Republican or Democrat is a joke vote.

THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY
AHAHAHAHAHH

free market is killing us, it would mean competing directly with vietnam, china and mexico, which is killing us right now.

Because I don't want anymore brown savages flooding into my country like a plague of Noah.

Could be your candidate seems like a loon.
Dunno maybe thats just me

They don't it's an effort to shill the board by freech.net

Fpbp

Because third parties are literal memes, and nobody cares about them. Especially the libertarian party. It takes the worst of both parties and combines them together.

ITT: dickheads pissing all over each other about what makes anyone "legitimate" as a libertarian

libertarianism as a party is a failure.

libertarians are completely un-unified, every person has their own special snowflake version for what a "real" libertarian is, and nobody else qualifies

republicans and democrats are unified by a few core issues

> republican: chicago school economics, preachy faux-christian morality, tax and spend bullshit from the right side, making govt bigger and more powerful
> democrat: keynesian economics, mad degenerate immorality, tax and spend bullshit from the left side, making govt bigger and more powerful

both major parties are pretty shitty but the republicans have the ability to change for the better, democrats are spiraling into the abyss.

the libertarian party was created from the wretched afterbirth of the republicans and democrats.

if the libertarian party focussed on a few key planks, and ditched their wacky platform of anarcho-______ism they might gain some ground.

Libertarianism isn't as popular as they think. Their online questionaires are propaganda designed to convince people to give their party a look. That these people then decline to vote libertarian should tell them something.

Libertarianism sounds great in generalities, but any actual specific, workable platform only gets a very small vote.

Libertarians that are running for office are usually slightly creepy and eccentric. Their advocacy for drug legalization gives people a ready explanation for this phenomenon, leading to the widespread but unspoken belief that were their platform to be put into effect, they would simply get more nutty and creepy - this is the sanest they will ever be.

It's called a vocal minority. The libertarians I know know absolutely nothing about economics.

also, re creepy candidates. This year the lib ccandidates are by far the least nutty candidates they've ever run. They're also by far the least libertarian. Congratulations, libertarians, you've become democrat-lite.

> libertarians know nothing about economics
> still better than lefties who know less than nothing but think they are experts

try to talk to a democrat about economics and youll be banging your head on the wall in minutes.

> keynesianism isnt about paying people to dig ditches and fill them in again! some dirty right wing loon made that up!!
B-b-b-but... that is actually EXACTLY what keynesianism is.
keynes used that precise analogy in his book to explain his harry potter economic sorcery

> NUH UHH!!!
If the Treasury were to fill old bottles with banknotes, bury them at suitable depths in disused coalmines which are then filled up to the surface with town rubbish, and leave it to private enterprise on well-tried principles of laissez-faire to dig the notes up again (the right to do so being obtained, of course, by tendering for leases of the note-bearing territory), there need be no more unemployment and, with the help of the repercussions, the real income of the community, and its capital wealth also, would probably become a good deal greater than it actually is. ~John Mynard Keynes in The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, Pg 129.

WHOOPS!!

try talking to a Republican, you'd be banging your head against a wall in seconds.

Another poster in another thread argued that Reagan was a social democrat and neo-liberalism didn't exist, that it was a tool of Marxism.

They were voting for Trump.

It's because the libertarian party is a bunch of cucks.

The actual libertarians vote republican.

> try talking to a republican
youre talking to one right now nigel.

> some buffleheaded dimwit on an anonymous namibian pottery board claimed to be a republican in another thread...
anyone can claim to be anything.
i could claim to be a bernout and spew the most moronic garbage ever uttered in public if i so wished, but thats retarded.

as a republican (and a supporter of the republic as a form) i believe in making assertions on facts and trusting the voter to make the informed choice.

this naturally results in frequent disappointments, as about 1/3 of the US electorate is literally retarded, but to embrace the tactics of the left would be a betrayal of my principles.

nope not even close

but republicans aren't very libertarian.

It's like a neo con voting for Bernie.

> subjects of the house of saxe-coburg and gotha trying to discuss the politics of a free people
> ohh, my sides!

move along. you are displaying your ignorance.

certainly the economy is the main issue for USA and not the demographic shift

A lot of what's happening now is the breakdown of fusionism, or the merger between free-market/anti-regulatory libertarianism and social conservatism/nationalism. It's breaking down because of the contradictions between the two (free market means letting third worlders sell you shit, for instance), and considering Trump's rise, a particular form of the latter seems to be winning.

That said, I can see a purer (though not absolutely pure by any stretch) libertarianism get stronger in 10-20 years.

The problem is where you draw the line between patriotism and economic advantage. I regularly see capitalism denigrated as "muh iphones," for instance, forgetting just how important the underlying technology is to commerce, industry, science, defense, and shitposting. There's a tendency to think of material goods as "selling out," even though in truth they are of utmost importance.

There is a point past which sacrificing some economic gains is a reasonable trade, but that point is usually further off than most people would pin it.

Because libertarians get memed on by both sides so normies just don't even bother to look into it.

They think they like libertarianism until they learn what it is

>large numbers of Americans want a libertarian style government

Citation needed. Libertarianism is the ideology of globalist kikes and useful idiots

People are also conditioned to think that we need a large government. Love that modern day republicans are pretty much fdr tier liberals. Maybe it will change with time but I guess people just love paying taxes or something.

libertarians shill for isreal the least out of any party.

But they shill for big business the hardest of any party

Sorry, I like my guns and don't want the Libertarian Party to try and ban them.

Fucking this.
Fuck johnson and his shitty vp.

they don't want to ban them.

Johnson and his vp do.
His vp wrote a assualt weapons ban even

user I got some bad news for you.... (inb4 reason.com)

reason.com/blog/2016/05/18/william-weld-as-gary-johnsons-vice-presi