Why is this happening? Google was no help

Why is this happening? Google was no help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Mm3E9V-lcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You probably own a shit HP laptop. Do your self a favor and go buy a new pc with better specs.

change the power settings

youtube.com/watch?v=_Mm3E9V-lcg

In all Honesty its most likely a virus. Don't listen to everyone else. You certainly don't need a new computer.

That's exactly what it is. But it was only $130 and its pretty much brand new.
To what? I changed the settings to max performance and it still runs like dogshit.

Post specs

max performance setting is why it's doing that user. change it to balanced

It was worse before. I'll try that though.
I'm not totally sure, but it has 2 AMD cpu's and 4gb ram (I know, I know, but I'm kind of broke and my old laptop got stolen)

Running a virus scan now.

This

If it is a virus, The best way to remove it is to boot into safe made so it only runs first party programs, from there you should be able to remove the software causing it without interruption. If it's malware you may want to boot into safe mode any ways and within command prompt do an sfc scan (sfc /scannow). It's a system file checker and can check through you registries to see if anything is abnormal and will fix it.

Download malware bytes and run it

AVG virus scan turned up nothing.

go to performance tab and screenshot the specs for cpu and do the same from ram

Like I said, it may be Malware, which is harder to scan for using something like AVG, since it hides and corrupts files used normally by your computer. It may be a good idea to even try an sfc scan without going into safe mode. If the scan is interrupted you may have malware. Or do as user says and install malware bytes

install gentoo

I'll check that out thanks.

in taskmanager: details, sort by cpu use.
kill or disable cpu trashing process.

i bet its just win10 doing its thing - updates, optimization, spying on you (telemetry), etc

I was thinking it was a Win10 thing. I'm not savvy enough to disable shit without fear of breaking something tb h.

Even better, open resource monitor from the Performance tab in task manager, look at disk and sort by total B/s and see what is utilizing all your disk I/O

>I was thinking it was a Win10 thing. I'm not savvy enough to disable shit without fear of breaking something tb h.

post screenshot of details tab sorted by cpu use.

dont listen to "its a virus!1!11" faggots.

Why dont you click on the CPU so it ranks it by cpu usage? So we can actually see what is taking up the most.

Its alternating between AVG and System; they're going from ~1.5MB/s-4MB/s. Everything else is low impact
One sec.

Have you tried deleting system32?

If you're not smart enough to sort by CPU usage, you're not smart enough to fix it. I know what's wrong but I'm not gonna bother.

This guy has no idea what's wrong. He just wants to act like a jackass.

However I know exactly how to fix it and I also am a jackass.

Fuck you faggot. You wouldn't know what superfetch was if it was written on that cock you are about to suck.

If AVG is eating up a lot maybe its updating? Running a scan? Maybe Windows is downloading an update for system?

Best thing i ever did to my laptop was switch to linux fedora

Ok so telemetry was going up to like 10MB/s so I ended task and it seems to be behaving a little better, however it is still slow as balls
I'm a computer novice. I never tried to hide that.
Disk and cpu were at 100 even when I was only running chrome lmao

Nah bro you really have no idea. You probably just looked up some shit on youtube. Have fun impressing your friends with your leet computer skills :)

I see you got AVG system tuneup. Good luck getting rid of that. I heard my dads friend once got rid of it because it gave him bad performance and then performance got even worse.

Can't I just uninstall AVG? I got it because I've never had a bad experience with AVG and I figured fuck it.

Sure you can just make sure you do it properly to not fuck something up. Also this might sound dumb, but maybe your computer is just super old and shitty? So new programs make the old ass processor die?

Just in comparison, my windows explorer takes up 0% when Im not doing anything with maybe the occasional jump to 5ish%. Meanwhile yours takes up like 3% while idle.

>Ok so telemetry was going up to like 10MB/s so I ended task and it seems to be behaving a little better, however it is still slow as balls

You can permanently turn off telemetry in the registry editor or a few other ways. It will be back. Google how. The slowness is just the Windows 10 experience on a shit-tier laptop. Get rid of that cancer anti-virus and it will get a little better.

this must be a mac user trying out a pc for the first time.
>Mcafee
.>AVG
>Malwarebytes

tune up software is crap and does more harm than good. Just use ccleaner for the usual cleaning and tuning of some things its all you realy need.

>Disk and cpu were at 100

listen, nigger, they WERE at 100. that means in the past. how can we know what was taking up all the cpu when you didnt sort by cpu in the first screenshot? it could have been any number of things and anyone would be guessing at this point.

>tl;dr if your cpu is being consumed maybe you want to look at what is using all the cpu for a clue

If you have utorrent running, even as a background process, you might have something called webhelper on the list too. Whenever I open utorrent, it opens two instances of webhelper that can each take up to 260 MB of memory. It's not CPU, but I find ending those tasks always speeds up my pc.

Honestly this could be like 10 different things on win10. It's usually superfetch or telemetry, but on a shit laptop like this it might even be windows update. You should try to isolate it to a single process.

I'm not sure exactly when it came out but based off looks it's definitely not more than 1 year old. It's new as fuck
Noted.
McAfee I did not install. Malwarebytes was recommended by user.
I should have just used ccleaner, you're right.

Start>search>msconfig>boot options>increase processors from 1 to how many you have>restart

top kek
americans are actualy fucking autistic
you literally believe that you live in the best country in the world
like sweetie umm think again
you actually believe fucking media and trumps 'facts' about other countries
you actually believe that people run around getting raped and murdered while cops cuck themselves here in Sweden

top fucking kek
just waiting until your fucking drumpf gets pwned and i hope the rest of your shitty country goes down the drain with that autismo

>inb4 muh muslim infestation
>inb4 muh niggers be causing the problemz!!1111
>inb4 muh fucking cuck

You need to start getting rid of all the non essential "programs, crapware, malware"

Malwarebytes is the shit fake nerds use cause they think it actually does something. It dose nothing.

Also if you dont use most of the windows 10 crap that it comes loaded with you can get rid of it. google DWS Destroy windows spyware it will get rid of a lot of crap including cortana.

Will do. I think I'll also get pcdecrapifier and delete a bunch of shit.

I know im some random user here but people please open your eyes. FREE anti spyware and malware software DOES NOTHING. its free for a reason because it has nothing behind it, its either the

1. very very very old Anti software that only detects very very old threats that no one uses anymore because the free stuff can stop it.
2. Or the software its self is just malware itself keylogging or providing some sort of backdoor to your system,
3. full of ads so the guys behind it make money while you get nothing but spam
4. only detects the problem or shows false positives so that you then go and buy the "premium" version that will remove the threats

i can go all night telling you why its all crap. just keep it safe and dont download shit from weird or shady looking sites

Ok, what av should I use?

AVG has been always known to be resource heavy.

Click where it says CPU in that column to sort the programs by highest usage. See once what else could be causing problems.

if you HAVE to use one then pay for it honestly its the best way. From all the work ive done and tests ive run with 90% of the programs out their Norton is the "best" and most robust version you can get it for as low as $10 for a year for 1 pc or 30-40 for up to 10 pcs. use a coupon or catch it on sale dont pay the full price for it. AVG is decent, bitdefender, kaspersky and avast are ok all the other stuff is crap in comparison. less features for the same or more of a cost.

Norton also has a online backup for files with more storage space if what you get is not enough, plus it also works on phones and tablets with anti theft software included in the apps.

Don't you dare mention Norton ever again... you disgust me.

nice bait man

Start by not buying amd lmfao

I know everyone hates norton but for the spooky people who cant computer too well norton is the best and safest thing out there. Plus you can turn down alot of its resource heavy functions so the issues from the past are a thing of the past.

Whts the reason you hate it?

Intel shill detected. intel amd they all do the same shit at this point its just what brand you like the most and what you feel "loyal" to.

So use AVG?

if thats the one you like and feel comfortable using than yes. just go look for a sale or some coupon for it since they like to charge so much for their stuff.

I think the base price it overkill personaly

TOP KEK

Experiences since the beginning of the Millennia mostly. Norton has caused me a great deal of annoyance ever since it was standard on old Dells. I concede, it's gotten better, but I'd still rather eat soap.

It's free.

go to process details and sort by cpu usage, repost.

OH shit i know exactly why you hate it now. that pre bundundled dell shit is THE WORST. it is that borderline illegal version that craps on your system so you have to get the full version. everything that comes with dell is essentially a crappier version of the free version. You poor poor soul having to deal with that shit.

you must not of read my previous statement on FREE versions

I've had that before. If it's what I had, there should be a folder in C:\Windows called system32. If there is, delete the whole folder to fix it.

Oh, ok. Thanks bud, will do.

wow how creative did you read that on 9gag or ifunny

>intel amd they all do the same shit
except amd isn't vulnerable to Meltdown.
enjoy ur 5-30% speed drop on every Intel processor made in the last decade from the patch to stop that shit.

you are right that whole specter meltdown shit was a crazy blow. I already had over 30 customers call in last week alone asking about it. I did laugh at all the intel apologist trying to gloss over the issue like its no big deal.

ditch avg, it's garbage

>2 AMD CPUs
That doesn't sound right, OP. Is it a 2 core AMD CPU?

hold down the windows logo key, hit pause/break

take a screenshot of the window that comes up and post so I can see what we're really working with here

I know exactly what this bug is.
Sometimes, if your power settings allow 100% CPU usage, your CPU will always be at 100% usage.
If you drop it to 99%, it runs fine.

You're a retard.

downloading a fucking update wouldn't use up all system resources. it is malicious and is a virus.

None of you know what your talking about