Started watching this. Pretty damn good. If you haven't watched it, definitely do so...

Started watching this. Pretty damn good. If you haven't watched it, definitely do so. Completely surpassed my expectations (which were low, granted).

Anyway, does it become shit in the Netflix seasons? Is the movie worth watching?

S8 is mediocre
S9 is utter shit
S10 is weird

i liked the season 8 and 9 (but they are sub par). I think season 10 fucking sucked. The fourth wall breaking was fucking cringy. The deus ex machina "lel ill give you the wedding money" was terrible also.

>Is the movie worth watching?
There are a few movies they did. You can skip the first one, because it mostly just recaps the pre-netflix seasons.

Watch the X-mas special. It's one of the best.

I've seen the whole series and in retrospect wish I hadn't wasted my time desu

It's really base level garbage for the most part. Your time could be better spent

Too much bubbles

On what, this website?

It gets bad after Lahey stops caring
about what the boys are up to

I'm only browsing while rewatching Westworld senpai

Disappointing. What makes them bad? Too much change in tone? Just not funny?

if you didn't shitpost on Sup Forums while watching shows, maybe you wouldn't have to rewatch them.

This.
Should have toned down ricky's bullshit also and more sarah scenes

I watched the first episode and it sucked.

the gags get tired after a while. It does start good and has some genuinely funny moments but it doesnt warrant any rewatches. just get it over with

Season 1 will forever be in a class of its own. No fucking Mike Smith in every scene, felt like actual criminals and of course plenty of Julian.

Season 10 was absolute dog shit.

Movies are solid.

Huge TPB fan here.

The first episode sucks, it ramps up quick.

seasons 1-7 are absolutely comfy hilarious trailerkino

i will never get tired of them

Got a big enough joint there Rick?

>someone had to post this

Its fairly evident that Clattenberg and Barry Dunn (who played Ray and was an exec producer and funded the show when no one else would, basically giving it life) were the sources of all the comedic elements of the show. With the 3 boys in charge now, they just keep repeating the same things over and over and gets less and less funny every time. They can't come up with anything new so they just flanderize their characters harder and harder.

I agree. I grew up watching TPB, had the first two seasons on DVD on rotation basically all day. The combination of the comfy and nostalgia of the first 7 seasons cannot be matched.

yes it comes to shit, apart from that 5 first seasons are great

HAVE ANOTHER DRINK RAY!

The show is fucking shit.

1-7 are as funny as any show ever made.

Netflix seasons feel like an entirely different show.

The pilot is the best, if you can find it. It doesn't even feel comedic, it's like a depressing look at petty criminals which I enjoyed

I didnt notice the netflix seasons were shit untill i read a bunch of posts explaining why its shit. If you enjoy it then dont even bother asking the Internet

same. i grew up poor, in a similar environment. i'm still broke as fuck, but at least i went to college and have a job. i go to a trailer park once in a while for my job, and i laughed to myself last time i was there. it was still in the a.m., and a couple of dudes were walking around, drinking tall boys in public. shit never changes.

Fuck off, Sarah is a massive cunt. She needs to be slapped upside the head, uppity bitch. Same with Lucy. Women should know their place.

it gets really dumb after season 6ish, not in a good way, more like a 'this isnt really funny anymore kind of way

Season 1-7 = GOAT

8 & 9 = meh

10 = atrocious

The first 2 movies are good. The third one kinda sucks.

I thought the Swayze Express stuff in season 7 was the best thing they ever did.

Because they try to make Julian the main character in the first season and people watched it for the other characters, Julian's character could never hold the audience. One character Bubbles who isnt a big part of season 1 eventually becomes a huge part of the show and it becomes about them as a trio rather than just focusing on Julian like in s1

Became self-aware

and they lost Barry Dunn, one of the producers and one of the best characters.

I feel like the first turnoff for me in the Netflix seasons was how overly produced it gets. All of a sudden the episodes are shot in hi-def wide screen, and it sadly becomes more & more apparent that these are just aging actors that are sort of riding out this wave. Whereas you can binge enough of the early seasons, and find yourself completely forgetting that this is a scripted tv show.

Also my favorite part of the series was the Randy & Lahey dynamic, I loved how subtle they went about their homosexual undercurrents but they just take it too over the top in the Netflix seasons. I stopped watching like 2 or 3 episodes after the tranny comes in and Randy's trying to fuck her or whatever. If they had actually ended the series at season 7, with the Sebastian Bach model train drug smuggling story as the grand climax of the show, I honestly think this would go down as one of the greatest comedy series of all time.

That being said, TPB/Always Sunny crossover when?

For sure man season 1 has so much heart, and alot less goofiness, felt like the people i knew in my little trailer park hometown