“the elites who ruined their lives hate Trump, corporate America hates Trump, Wall Street hates Trump...

>“the elites who ruined their lives hate Trump, corporate America hates Trump, Wall Street hates Trump, the career politicians hate Trump, the media hates Trump.”

>“were not racists or rednecks” but were sick of their jobs being offshored to places like Mexico. Trump’s promise to slap a 35% tariff on Ford cars made in Mexico and sent back to America was “music to the ears of people in Michigan and Ohio and Pennsylvania and Wisconsin,”

>“Trump’s election is going to be the biggest f**k you recorded in human history, and it will feel good.”

What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=YKeYbEOSqYc

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/05/global-debt-hits-all-time-high-of-152-trillion-as-imf-warns-of-w/
fortune.com/2016/06/03/imf-neoliberalism-failing/
theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/03/is-stagnation-the-new-normal-for-the-world-economy
usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/12/11/outsourcing-to-china-cost-us-32-million-jobs-since-2001
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_School_(economics)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_System_(economic_plan)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This guy is a retard.

fIRST THING i'VE EVER AGREED WITH HIM ON

All that fat is damaging his brain cells.

wtf I love obesity now

Is he drunk? Anyone care to share the context here?

I was watching this and ready to mention his hair his pompous use of adjectives and he scolded laugh after he brought it up just to add srs bzn to his speech but when he said "[the election] is going to be the biggest fuck you in history" I realize what has always bothered me from this grandstanding people, they are always living in the most trascendental year of humanity. This goes beyond the side of the shit they are coming from; for your audience to pledge to you you have to tell it that this that is happening right now is the height of this particular situation, some form of this has been used since we communicate but it's the self-important douches that gives you the wrong feeling.

Bread is going bad, the empire will fall and the sun will come out, enjoy it while you can

Fuck you guys

I made this thread yesterday and no one replied NO ONE

Fucking sage

Just pretend you made this one

He's not as dumb as he looks.

He's truly beyond saving, look at him. Is it true he wants to become a woman?

cry more faggit

he didn't take one redpill he swallowed the whole container like a champ

Moore knows something we don't. Why isolate himself from his core audience if he wasn't counting down towards some kind of paradigm shift?

So we would get a 40% price increase on cars & electronics, but hey, at least Michael Moore gets revenge for those GM jobs lost in fucking 1986

A broken clock is right twice a day.
>Shillary is literally funded by Goldman Sachs and pedophile Saudi Arabian princes

>pro-outsourcing neolib globalist pretends to understand economics

kys. Hopefully someday it's legal to hang people like you from street lamps

Did he really say this? wtf i love michael moore now

Well no the company would likley eat the tarrif because raising prices that much would kill their business. Then slowly move more manufacturing jobs back here.

You really are kinda dumb.

Is he doubling down on saying Trump is going to win, despite what all the evidence says?

Left or right, you can agree Moore is an idiot.

He realized he fucked up and is now trying to get back into the people's good graces, because only working class Americans buy tickets to see his schlock.

>people laugh at a joke about being unable to get pills

Are americans really this degenerate?

Higher wages are better because it means more money in the pockets of workers

Outsourcing and mass immigration are the reasons wages have been stagnant since the 70s while prices have skyrocketed. Anyone who supports outsourcing or mass immigraiton should be charged with treason imo

I said tariffs would raise costs because they would

commit sepukku faggot

which is good because those costs are returned to US workers in the form of higher wages

Outsourcing results in a bunch of asians getting paid 5 cents an hour to work in a sweatshop who go to live in a cage afterwards. The end result is declining living standards across the board and economic stagnation all while the international globalist billionaires rip off everyone

Even the IMF has admitted globalism and neoliberalism are complete failures, yet retards like you still support it.

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/05/global-debt-hits-all-time-high-of-152-trillion-as-imf-warns-of-w/

fortune.com/2016/06/03/imf-neoliberalism-failing/

now pls kys

Remain was leading in the polls in the week/days leading up to the Brexit vote. This is a similar situation where a significant portion of Trump's base is such that they aren't usually felt in polls. I still don't think it's going to make the difference, but it will certainly be closer than analysts would predict atm.

>trump supporters pretending the understand economics

So by your logic, increasing the minimum wage or taxing the rich wouldn't raise prices because the companies would just eat it up?

>>>>>>>>>>(You)

Another hero of the brainwashed left going down the drain

This is some terrible psuedoeconomics here.

Only wages for lower income jobs have stagnated, and that's because the value of labor has been diminished due to technology advancements. In other words why pay someone to do some menial work when technology can do it faster and better.

The end result is lower blue collar employment but lower prices and this the consumer surplus is net positive for the country. I don't know where your proof is that prices are higher other than "i said do!" but it's indisputable fact that prices have gone down thanks to offshoring and this globalization boogeyman that makes you sweat at night.

Maybe try getting an education and landing a job that a robot can't do?

>Maybe try getting an education and landing a job that a robot can't do?

This is terrible though. You only need so many college education jobs and you see the glut of student loan debt in 2016

Moore wants Trump to win because the height of his popularity was when the Republicans were in power.

K, but he said he would win, and he's most likely going to be dead wrong about that. If he went full, "Trump is better for leftism than Hillary is," he would be full retard, but he would be more explicit and less inconsistent.

Holy fuck, I never thought Moore would say something actually close to insightful.

You're brainwashed, educate yourself. I mean Google it.

I thought he was a hardcore liberal

He's only saying that the media (and the DNC campaigns) have been dishonest about who supports Trump, and it might bite them in the ass if they don't address a lot of people's grievances and just lump them in all as "deplorables".

Yeah, there's a number of shitty folk that support Trump, but there's a very wide range of people who not so much support the guy himself, but what he represents compared to the establishment.

That doesn't mean he wants Trump in the WH, though.

That said, I've never liked this guy.

What did he say that was not liberal?

He wants to destroy the Democratic establishment, which can arguably be said to have been liberal at some point, but are now as bad if not worse than the Republicans.

He's not voting for Trump because he agrees with his ideas or positions, but because Trump is a brick to be thrown through the American political glasshouse.

>In a worst-case scenario the IMF also fears that a wave of populist politics across the US and Europe could send globalisation into reverse with protectionist policies hitting international trade, investment and migration, sending the world plunging into a prolonged period of stagnation

2nd paragraph

The middle classes and lower classes have been decimated

you can only support globalism if you're part of the tiny parasitic class that feeds on the destruction of the rest of the economy.

>consumer surplus is net positive

>less jobs and economic stagnation are good for the economy

If that was true the economies of the west wouldn't be stagnating and dying.

we are currently in a global economic stagnation you fucking moron

theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/03/is-stagnation-the-new-normal-for-the-world-economy

Globalist idiots like you however think protectionism is "a problem" when it's the only solution.

Maybe you haven't noticed we have a massive pool of people who "got an education to do a job a machine can't do" and they can't find fucking jobs. Where are you from, Switzerland?

The middle class has been hurt by higher taxes, not from globalization. In fact with Trump wanting more tariffs that would only hurt smaller businesses owned by middle class families.

The whole idea of economic and technological growth is that we don't need to work as much to produce the resources we need. The natural unemployment rate has only risen in the last 200 years and people who think the # of jobs in a country is some sort of indicator to the welfare of said country are morons. The west has not been declining.

Is this supposed to be a joke? Not too clear.

>supports outsourcing
>charged with treason imo

Go turn yourself in then because your computer was made in China

> I don't know where your proof is that prices are higher

prices of housing, education, healthcare, transportation have grown multiple times faster than the inflation rate for decades now thanks to credit policies all while wages stagnate

Private consumer debt is still around 2.5X higher than the annual GDP of the entire country. Only a drooling idiot can't see the resulting stagnation and endless debt and low wages this has caused.

higher taxes are just another part of the neoliberal paradigm that faggot globalists (you) support

Not worth it, robots are coming for these jobs as well.

I suggest joining the Amish. No economic uncertainty there.

I didn't bring China into the WTO, retard, Clinton did. I also didn't pass NAFTA, Clinton did. I didn't support repealing Glass-Steagall either, Clinton did.

usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/12/11/outsourcing-to-china-cost-us-32-million-jobs-since-2001

I didn't set the policies, but I can vote for someone to undo them.

Remember that Trump himself has said the elections are rigged.

Why would he say that knowing he was going to win? It would delegitimize his victory. He knows it's stacked against him and he's going to lose by double digits.

You're too stupid to be breathing without help right now, is mommy working your respirator as you type?

Trump is to the left politically than Hillary.

Hillary is a neoliberal, Trump is authoritarian but that's it, he is pretty mild by american standards, is just that dumb americans think that race and gay rights have anything to do with the whole left/right thing

>MM once again pretending he isn't one of the elites
Looks like hes just trying to bandwagon on the next big thing in case his liberal establishment buddies end up eating shit this election

That doesn't fucking matter. He predicted Trump would win, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. The fact that he's doubling down even now shows what an idiot he is.

>MUH SHY TRUMP VOTERS
>MUH THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS AT MAGA RALLIES

Only one can be true.

Hillary is the face of the modern "left"

And again those prices going up do not come from outsourcing, which drives down costs, but from heavy taxation and regulation. And I don't support high taxes even if I do support globalization. I also support free trade while you Trump voters want to add tariffs for no reason, which may as well be another tax as far as we're concerned.

I actually liked it better when pol was libertardian instead of this strange contradictory ideology where you can't make up your mind on something as simple as taxes.

I am not a trump supporter.
You are just trying to use your ignorance as a weapon.
Taxes and minimum wages and tarrifs are not directly related.

Are you retarded? Globalization allows companies to outsource all their manufacturing jobs (which also ensures management goes with it), ensure that local startups can't compete due to economies of scale, and that the price of goods can be set higher than the company need to turn a good profit. Slap higher taxes on that, and add in a dash of , and you've got the current crisis. Globalization kills capitalist societies because not all countries are equal. If the whole world had the same standard of living then globalization would not be a problem at all, but it fucking doesn't and so it is.

He still was always again Trump because he (naturally) thought he was left of center compared to Hillary.

desu I despise Moore, but I admire that he was actually able to argue for the opposite camp for once

There get that you.

*against Trump
*meant to say conservative compared to Hillary.

>prices going up do not come from outsourcing,

prices going up comes from the endless debt bubbles created by wall street, moron

way to show you have no fucking idea what you're talking about

Outsourcing leads to lower wages, but it's not directly related to the spike in tuition, housing, or healthcare prices.

That's 100% related to wall street creating endless debt and again these policies were largely passed under Clinton especially when Rubin was rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act in the mid 90s

>Globalization allows companies to outsource all their manufacturing jobs (which also ensures management goes with it), ensure that local startups can't compete due to economies of scale

Exactly

Globalization fucks over the 1st world AND the 3rd world.

That's what all the rich white liberals living in their gated communities will never understand because they're all to busy whining about trans-bathrooms and white privilege to care.

Yes actually, tariffs are essentially a form of taxation and just like minimum wage can have the same effects for businesses and employment.

So you're saying that keeping manufacturing at home where businesses have to pay higher wages and higher taxes and regulation fees is somehow going to drive prices lower than if we just had some cheap third worlders do all our work for us? Are you retarded, actually?

Advanced economies don't compete by lower income jobs, we specialize in services and tertiary industries. Allowing free trade is the catalyst to that, letting countries do what they're best at and moving toward their natural State without any interference.

In fact globalization is the end product of capitalism, not a deterrent to it. And in the end consumers benefit and the only ones who get screwed are some lower income blue collars types that are few in number.

Kek it's like you've never even read an economics textbook and get all your facts from pol infographics.

Outsourcing doesn't lead to lower wages. Like I've said before, wages have gone down with the devaluation of labor.

Also if you understand the nature of inflation, debt is actually reduced with greater inflation (while deflation actually expands it), so again you don't understand what you're talking about.

Michael Moore isn't advocating for Trump yet explaining why people want to vote for him.

>So you're saying that keeping manufacturing at home where businesses have to pay higher wages and higher taxes and regulation fees is somehow going to drive prices lower than if we just had some cheap third worlders do all our work for us?

No, you functional retard, I'm saying that the problem is that they outsource in the first place. Were someone (like Trump) to put large tariffs on goods from companies that outsourced their labor, thus making the cost of using outsourced labor more than paying the higher wages, it would mean that we would see increased wages, increased standard of living, and increased disposable income that people would use to buy the company's products. I'm saying it would be BETTER FOR THE COUNTRY not BETTER FOR THE COMPANY, you pig.

they got Brendan?

poor bastard...

(((who))) could be behind this?

wtf i love michael moore now

One of the most rational things he's said based on actual evidence and general opinions.

Finally Michael Moore, you got it right.

Why would the media behind Clinton is suppress polls showing Trump ahead and push a narrative of Clinton in the lead like Trump says they are?
Wouldn't that bring out more Trump voters, nervous about a Hillary victory?
Wouldn't the forces rigging the election want to say that Hillary is trailing behind right now, so that people who don't want to see Trump become president will have motivation to get out and vote for Hillary, and not consider third parties?

Shut the fuck up. Christ.

>Outsourcing doesn't lead to lower wages

It objectively does. Less demand=lower wages

>wages have gone down with the devaluation of labor

outsourcing causes labor to be devalued. Technological progress actually increases wages as it did from the beginning of the industrial Revolution until the 1970s when outsourcing and mass immigration became rampant.

>debt is actually reduced with greater inflation

Prices of education, healthcare, housing, etc are outpacing CPI, fuckwit

also, maybe you haven't noticed, but the dollar and the US economy have been stagnant for a long time now. The only "inflation" is in assets and equity (stocks, bonds, real estate, etc) not in the real economy.

This is largely thanks to the trillions of dollars pumped into the financial system and wall street by Obama, another neolib policy I'm sure you support.

>Why would the media behind Clinton is suppress polls showing Trump ahead and push a narrative of Clinton in the lead like Trump says they are?
So that if the election fraud is as large a scale as is suspected, it creates a narrative (among the average moron) of plausibility when she steals the election. It's not about energizing people to vote, because they don't need any more actual people to vote.

Trump supporters are like the feminists that screamed to the heavens that when Ghostbusters 2016 opened it was going to shatter records and change society as we know it.

Being loud and obnoxious doesn't mean you're right.

Do you think these memes will be included in textbooks as primary sources for this election?

That's some wishful t thinking there, coupled with a sprinkle of delusion and a lot of ignorance.

If companies are hit with tariffs they do the same thing as if hit with a tax; they fuck off somewhere else and take all their stuff with them. After all their main goal is to maximize profits, and if there's another country out there that doesn't tax their businesses (and there are plenty) then they'll move there pronto. So congrats, you've just gone from outsourcing labor to losing entire businesses.

And even if we assume unrealistically that they stay and bring their wages up, that would still mean they have to pass a large portion of the e extra costs onto consumers by raising prices. And so while a few blue collars get a bigger pay day the rest of us have to pay for higher priced goods, and net consumer surplus actually falls.

Michaela Moore is so brave to come out as trans.

>If companies are hit with tariffs they do the same thing as if hit with a tax; they fuck off somewhere else and take all their stuff with them. After all their main goal is to maximize profits, and if there's another country out there that doesn't tax their businesses
Which allows companies local to the country that imposes the tariffs on the countries that have fucked off to compete in the local market where they couldn't before. It's almost like... wait for it... when the global market isn't part of the local capitalist economy, it can normalize.
Seriously, have you ever even taken an economics 101 course?

I've seen dozens of Trump signs in my town. Proof he will win

Remember back when Romney won?

Except nobody actually claimed that.

What is this feeling?

It's like... I'm getting tired of winning.

that's not how economics works

From 1790-1970 the US had protectionism that ensured high wages and living standards in the US. You can sustain your economy easily with domestic production, and that's exactly what the US did.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_School_(economics)

And guess what? Everything was fine.

The only reason you have outsourcing is because you want to fuck up your country in order to enrich a few multi national corporations.

productivity has gone up in goods production because of automation, why would workers be paid more?

>productivity has gone up in goods production because of automation

Welcome to the Industrial Revolution you fucking moron. The whole point of automation is that it saves man hours.

You know what the spinning jenny was right? The steam engine? The light bulb? All those things increased production which in turn increased wages due to an increase in demand.

By your "logic" everyone should have gotten poorer because tractors are more efficient than horse drawn plows.

Outsourcing does actually devalue labor, but that's because the supply of labor is expanded while the demand stays the same. It would be no different if the domestic population had doubled overnight.

But technology is the main cause of devaluation. Technological advancement between the 80s and now has been far greater than during the industrial revolution to the 70s, and at the same time population growth during that period helped keep wages up while now limited expansion of the labor market coupled with unprecedented technological growth have kept lower class wages low and static.

If you're talking about QE, it's funny because people as uneducated about you on economics actually predicted wrongly that QE would send us into hyper inflation mode and yet we're at a steady 1.5%. There's actually a good explanation for that having to do with sticky prices and money velocity theory but you probably don't know a thing about that so why bother.

And those smaller companies replacing the old ones in the present can't even begin to make up for the gap left by the larger firms and of course in the long run eventually grow larger enough thanks to lack of competition that they as well choose to outsource or fuck off. A nice cycle of economic stagnancy.

All this stuff isn't covered in just econ 101, which is why you might be getting a little lost.

That's historically incorrect. The US has been the biggest importer and exporter until around the 90s when China supplanted it. American protectionism was hardly a thing, and when they did have impedance to trade it was minimal and can't possibly be compared to now where international trade is essential.

Yeah, but what did he say immediately after that?

>I don't know where your proof is that prices are higher
Confirmed NEET living in mommy's basement. If you went out in the world and spent money which you worked for, you wouldn't have made this post faggot.

so has demand increased in a massive way like it did at the beginning of the industrial revolution?
we already had access to mass produced goods by 75, which is when the real wages of goods-producing workers started stagnating

So you agree with everything I've said so far. The whole point of technology is to eliminate unnecessary jobs, not create more of them, to make production faster and more efficient. The demand for jobs unable to become automated grows so wages rise for them while the opposite occurs for the shitty factory jobs Trump voters are employed in.

Seems like a fair future to me. Good luck with that Trump thing though, I'm sure he'll win if you really believe hard in him :)

>But technology is the main cause of devaluation.

Technological progress increases production which increases demand which increases wages

again by your retard logic the Industrial Revolution was the worst thing to happen ever because technology improved.

>we're at a steady 1.5%.

Which is terrible since it's a sign of perpetual economic stagnation from here on out.

>predicted wrongly that QE would send us into hyper inflation mode

Libertarians are not smart people. But neither are globalists like you who think bailing out wall street in order to destroy the real economy is a remotely good idea.

>American protectionism was hardly a thing

That's objectively false. America had protectionism until the late 1970s. This isn't even up for debate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_System_(economic_plan)

This seems so out of character for him. Whats going on?

>people actually get offended by him saying this

Lol it took the libturds the entire election cycle to figure this out