LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP THREAD

LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP THREAD

Have you ever been in a LDR?

What are your thoughts on them?

Does is make the relationship stronger?

As for me, im currently in one and we are 14 months in, and even though im 19 and shes 15, we make it work, and look out for each other :)

OP please, as we all know she's probably fucking Chad a lot more than she thinks about you.

shes inside all day, very introverted, shes mine and only mine

She could easily lie and get away with it, I hope youre aware of that. Go outside and find a real girl. It'll be better for you.. this LDR girl isn't gonna be loyal for much longer

what makes you say so?

Depends. If there's a tangible way for you to become short distance in an acceptable time frame, and both partners are as committed as each other, it can work, as well as serve to strengthen the relationship. Otherwise it usually just blows and is worse than any other relationship in any other way.

20 and 20

Currently in one for 2 1/2 years now

It can make it stronger but id describe it like the relationship is rope and distance is a dull knife, it may take awhile to destroy the rope but eventually it will.

Personally I would never be in one again, but I love my girlfriend too much to not keep trying till were done with college.

money is tight, but i got no other hope TBH, and shes proven how loyal she is to me (with scary results sometimes), and even when we do have a problem, we always work it out with words instead of regretful actions

only time will tell i guess

>scary results
Elaborate please
I'm up to mildly interested

the max wait for me is 3 more years, and its already been 1

soonest if everything goes well, is when shes 16, otherwise i guess i just gotta wait :/

Congrats BTW, hope you 2 are happy and make it :)

LDR's are shit...

what would you immediately think if i said when shes loyal...shes REALLY loyal

Murder

while that hasent happened, it wouldn't surprise me if she did kill for me :/

In a long distance relationship as well, gf lives in greece im in the UK we also make it work and i regularly, stay strong OP it'll work out

thanks user, GL with your girl as well, hope you to work out :)

my ldr has been telling her rl friends shes dating someone else as a "joke" while she calls him her "little baby," he buys her expensive shit and she calls herself his wife on a discord she banned one of her friends from for looking into it for me

thats rough user, you really gotta talk to her about that, in LDRs one thing you gotta get right is communication, as thats all you have

24 and 23, it's tough but we're committed to each other. It's been almost 2 years.

We've already met once last year and she'll be coming to visit me again next month.

They take a lot of work and effort, but they're definitely legit.

thats why people call them the best and worst kind of relationship, but in the end when your finally together for life, i reckon its strong then any other kind of relationship

if you survive the distance, you can survive almost anything

planning to move there after I finish college, fingers crossed it works

make me proud, and keep her happy

Hypergamy

True, and im in one

>the best person ever lives 14mm away
And by mm I mean megametres

Good thing about ldr. You have a lot of free time for gaming.

>I'm 19
>she's 15
>14 months in

Biggs you a pedo

nope, no feelings for kids at all, only for her, and in my defense she looks 20

i even tested it by asking my friends how old they thought she was before they know and they all said 18-20 ish answers

every time i bring it up with her she starts screaming suicide and giving me vague sob stories

most of my relationships where LDR. back in the day my mother killed me because telephone costs

she seams like shes all twisted up in her head, the only other advice id give to you is be the bigger person, i know thats not good for your pride, but might i ask, how old is she?

the old days ehh, guess we have it better off now with internet and all, though being LDR in those days sounds so much more rough

Are you fucking retarded? Read what you just said and think deeply about your life decisions

How far apart do you live from each other and how often do you see each other? Have you ever had sexual intercourse and/or intimate contact?

Yes i have, and yes, it could make the relationship stronger. You are forced to talk, enjoy eachothers company, or settle your differences with just writen words. You are forced to learn how to comunicate, without having make-up sex or anything like it as a possible out.

>been in LDR?
yes.
>thoughts?
It's bullshit, that's what it is.
makes relationship stronger?
hell no! the contrary, because it kinda becomes a burden to both.
>I'm 19, she's 15.
You could be poundin' underage pussy all day, and you "wait" for her. Also, she's probably getting blacked by two niggers as we speak.

14 and im 15

She's a dog?

holy fuck op... no, just no.

Enjoy your ban

twas just a meme, bro

post a pic dude

Soz was gone guys, was having a quick nut

we live on the opposites ends of the world and have never seen each other, we have our moments of romantic type intimacy like any 2 lovers :)

fully agree, you build the foundation of a good lasting relationship before you even really get started

like i said before it builds the foundation for a lasting relationship, im not looking for pussy, im looking for someone to love

it sounded kinda believable, with the problem your having, she sounds immature TBH

no

why?

no bitch, shes mine :)

It's like Titanic. Everybody think it'a gonna be fine but it already got holes in it.

Longest I've had was like around 6months. And believe me when I say I've been around to tell you that eventually both party seeks greener pastures.

well im 14 months in and its working fine TBH :)

And they said The Great War was supposed to end it all.

Tick tock, my dude.

if i ever end up splitting from her, you guys will be the first to know, but im honestly ready to go through anything for her

Longtime lurker here, rarely if ever post.

was in a LDR for 4 years. been married 6 now. so known her for 10 years, we have a child together too.

It can work, not always easy. what others have said is true, you need an endgame. a realistic one.

Been there twice, once with former and once with current partner. It can work if you are both commited and it is only a temporary thing. You better have a set time when you get back together.
In my - and my friends who did it too - experience it's harder for the girl to handle. They crave physical intimacy more (not talking about the sex exclusively, just being able to touch, hug, feel you) and start to feel insecure about your commitement sooner.
Nothing really noble or eye-opening about the whole experience, it sucks. If you can avoid it you definitely should.
Also, forget about "stable long-time, long-distance relationship". People have physical and emotional needs that cannot be fulfilled in such a "relationship" if they are both faithful and non-dysfunctional. It's just a question of who burns out first.

> im looking for someone to love
Yeah, well, then you're looking in the wrong direction. If you wanna love someone, you're with them as much as possible, so you can test out if living together works out. If not, well, there you go. LDRs just take longer to break up and it's more awkward, because things get stretched out over not being able to talk to each other whenever.

The foundation must be present beforehand. an LDR might be a stretch of time that kinda tests a relationship.

BTW. I know I'm talking to a troll, what gives.

Pic unrelated, it's some fapping material

first off, congrats on your marrage and child

secondly, i really dont know what that would be TBH, shes my first GF so im kinda all new to this, i kinda just go with the flow, help her if she needs it, and let her help me if i need it, i think ill just keep things like that till we first meet, whenever that will be

ill admit it is hard already, the idea of a hug from her gives me shivers and they need is definitely already there, but i can hold on, i cant exactly miss out on something i have never had
As for her, im not to sure, she craves the intimacy as well, and i wouldent know how long she can go, but i reckon if we can last just long enough, it will work
sounds kinda foolish, but im betting alot of my life on the fact it does

we already have our foundation, the only thing we can really do is keep building it, though eventually there wont be anything left to add that dosent take a hug or a kiss, depending how long we have to wait, thats the deciding factor if it works

also, im not a troll, i havent lied once this whole thread

anyway guys, as OP, im gonna go, thankz for giving me stuff to think about, ill keep it all in mind as i continue loving my GF

I'm 26, my woman is 27, we do the LDR, but it's short terms apart which makes it easier. I haven't been away for over 2 months at a time in the last 2 years, so that gives us an opportunity to periodically make sure we are driving towards our goals and what not. That homecoming sex tho, that shits amazing. I usually spend the evening time roomed up with another guy in hotel while I'm at work, and i don't get a good chance to fap. Nothing beats dropping a 3 week load in the raw.

Had a LDR.

after 3 years she cheated. (she said it was only one time, after a verbal fight with me, but who knows...)
sent her to hell.
now i am fucking a girl in my area.

In any event, an LDR adds nothing to a relationship as such. It's just that, after "surviving" an episode of LDR-ing a relationship, it's quite likely the relationship will last.

So like I said, it's stress-testing the relationship, but nothing more, really.

Another such stress test is parents that don't like the other part of the couple or the other part's parents. Being poor or going through legal problems is a similar stress test.

An LDR isn't something that "works", it's something that eventually will end one way or the other. Either in a breakup or in living together.

you pedo fuck

Don't listen to the virgin cucks on here that are saying she cheated. If you trust her, and she trusts you - then there's no reason to be suspicious. Meet up as soon as you can with her and go for the real deal, the longer you leave it on just an internet basis, the deeper the relationship will start slipping away. Talking out of personal experience.

While you are away, have shit to watch and stuff to do. But arrange to meet up, do something that moves that relationship from the virtual world to the real one.

all that says is she wears a lot of makeup probably. 15 y/os are very immature, good luck user... i remember being that young and having older dudes hit on me, and only now do I realise how fucked up it was. I'd never consider fucking 15 y/o pre-pube dick, so disgusting..

Women require physical contact. That's just biology. Men do not. That's why we have so many beta males.

ITT anons acting like being cucked by geography is okay

fucking cringe

>sent her to hell.

That's a touch extreme, satan.

I havent dated LDR, but my partner is currently overseas traveling with her parents.

She comes back in 2 days, but this month has been super rough. Can't wait to see her though.

They don't work, man back when I was a younger lad I had one, Christ this girl was beautiful and we kept in touch, but if there is no tangible way of seeing each other I think it won't work.

Just eneded one after 6 yrs. Rly hard if some plans will fail. Just like someone said u need a time frame.