How to become religious

Hey guys, Atheist who was raised Catholic here, I want to get into religion again. Which type of Christianity is the best to follow? Also, how do you have faith in God even in the face of deniers and opposing information?

Thank you

Let go to all reason and logic.

You don't. Reason will always claw your mind for evidence assuming you're not some edgy anti-theist because of how strict your parents were.

You can fool the church but you can't fool your mind.

>legit and understandable tier
>Islam

He's at it again lads

There are only two tiers my friend, God Tier and Absolute Fucking Heresy Tier.

Wow really makes you think

>Orthodoxy
>not God tier

4/10 I replied

Everything except Catholicism, Protestantism, and Orthodox Christianity belong in the shit tier, especially Rastafarianism.

I don't believe in God but I'm religious anyways and would never, ever admit it in real life.

Sedevacantist Catholicism is the correct religion.

Not only is it theologically correct, but you get all the positive parts of Catholicism and Orthodoxy with none of the downsides.

Which is the best Christianity though?

Catholicism when we still did crusades and took back Jerusalem.

>i'm an atheist
>posts ChristFag.png
0/5
an attempt was made

Hey guys, Dumbass Atheist who was raised and molested as a Dumbass Catholic here, I want a sense of belonging, false superiority and the possibility of pulling tail from some type of loosely organized, institution of habit and ritual.

What type of mindless Christianity should I follow, because as a true follower I want to find a good mindless word factory to walk into once a week where I can be told what to do and feel like I am finally pleasing someone?

Also, how do you have faith in God even in the face of people who have found the strength to stop living with excuses and just try to be good people for the sake of it, I am also worried about books that may try to make me think.

THANKS!

They're all Trinitarian Christians, so their followers all go to heaven provided they accept the Nicene Creed. There are some big differences, but they're more or less theologically on the same plane. Orthodoxy seems like the coolest though.

Protestantism is a meme religion to begin with. The choice is really only between Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism.

Between those two, Catholicism is more likely to be the true Church, even though Orthodoxy is based.

> Holy Cuckolic Church

>none of the downsides

Except for the fact that they aren't in communion with anybody and still hold heresies that existed before Vatican 2.

Does the Creativity Movement even exist anymore?

What should I avoid when trying to get into religion?

>all Christians go to heaven if they accept the Nicene Creed

This line of thought is not only incorrect, it is the source of all moral degradation in our society and is pushed by KGB subversion overtime.

Pope Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam, Nov. 18, 1302, ex cathedra:

“With Faith urging us we are forced to believe and to hold the one, holy, Catholic Church and that, apostolic, and we firmly believe and simply confess this Church outside of which there is no salvation nor remission of sin… Furthermore, we declare, say, define, and proclaim to every human creature that they by absolute necessity for salvation are entirely subject to the Roman Pontiff.”

>they aren't in communion with heretics

ok no problem here

>hold heresies that existed before Vatican II

where is the proofs?

I'd go with Christianity, preferably Catholic or Orthodox, but protestant if you must (Lutheran and Calvinist are pretty nice)

>2010+6
>not worshipping Khorne

Why is Solipsism a religion? Bishop Berkeley was a champion of solipsism and his ideology necessitates a God mind to eternally perceive.

Sorry to nitpick.

Just wondering, what makes Catholicism and Orthodoxy better than Protestantism?

Also, what are the general differences?

I think the fear of Islam is entirely unjustified.
Today, I don’t think that there is a fear of Islam as such but of ISIS and its war of conquest, which is partly drawn from Islam. It is true that the idea of conquest is inherent in the soul of Islam. However, it is also possible to interpret the objective in Matthew’s Gospel, where Jesus sends his disciples to all nations, in terms of the same idea of conquest.

- Pope Cuck

Thoughts on Baptist?

Pedophile club.
The Catholic Church has institutionalized pedophilia.
Institutionalized.

Gross, fuck that shit.

Have fun worshiping idols and saints more than the word of Christ heretic.

Southern Baptists

Is canada really becoming Britistan 2.0?

Orthodox Christianity probably the last version of Christianity that is still based and still has a large following.

> Protestantism

All religion is based on tax collection after conquest, get with the program and move the fuck on. Time to make sure you save enough money for your mental health pills for your treatments.

Save up, cause no one gives a fuck. Who are your hospitals run by? No one gives a fuck, shout it in the streets, move on and get with the program, get a fucking job.

The idea that getting into heaven by simply accepting the creed, one gets into heaven, is more of a Protestant thing. Catholics at least believe that good works must go along with accepting the creed.

>putting jainism that fucking high

Thank you kind sir, I hear their women can be quite submissive.

Just what I want in a partner, someone who is weaker than me so I know who to blame when I can't hold my feelings together.

Lobotomy would be my first guess.

You don't know the source material well enough to form an opinion and interpretation on it yourself so you ask for a church like a woman seeking consensus on fashion trends.

You aren't really a believer and you didn't read the book right?

reason and logic don't automatically point you towards atheism, you turbo cuck.

What keeps me from being Catholic is the part about obeying the pope.
What keeps me from being Orthodox is the conversion time.

Traditional, orthodox Lutheranism is very based. It amazes me that so many of my fellow modern Lutherans are so cucked when Luther wrote a book called "On the Jews and Their Lies" and denounced them vehemently in his last sermon.

Since Luther, I'll admit that protestantism took a series of nose dives. No amount of protestant cuckoldry will make me respect the authority of the Pope, however, especially when the current Pope is an absolute heretic. I respect and admire the Eastern Orthodox Church though, and consider them and orthodox Lutherans ideological siblings.

source: member of an obscure 'conservative' Lutheran synod in N. America created by people fleeing the madness of the ELCA

just accept Christ as lord and saviour, pray and read the bible, everything will go ok from there

I just wanted to be guided on the right path

Also, what's the best Bible translation?

most religions (minus islam and a few others) have very good values to take out of them. It really depends on the person and their interpretation and understanding of the teachings of said religion.

Most paths lead to God. Just stay away from new age stuff, that shit is retarded

I don't care for Protestantism because of the belief that humans are entirely prone to sin and therefore merely accepting this gets you into heaven and there is no way in this life to better your relationship with God (I think that's a Lutheran thing, correct me if I'm wrong). Catholicism teaches that while humans have a tendency to sin, we still have a little bit of good in us, and therefore we can constantly work towards bettering our relationship with God. As for Orthodoxy, I don't know much about it.

This is where burgers pray and experience a personal relationship with god

can't stand the charismatics

>muh feelgoodism
>muh do whatever u want, god is loving and no one is going to hell ism

joel osteen and others like him are a meme

what wrong about it?

Not a problem

Why do you put faith in Religion?

How would you feel if God just happens not to be real?

It's all eastern-roman retconned bullshit.

It was a noble lie utilized to extend the lifespan of a beautiful thing.

So interpret it as a case of ammunition to control the emotion and morals of your lessers.

>Islam higher ranked than Protestant Christianity

There are barely things that justify classifying Islam as "legitimate"

How would you feel if there's God when you die?

I would still feel fulfilled, while believing in the Trinity is a major part of Christianity (Catholic here), the other morals offered by the religion provide a good way to live.

you mean south korea as they have 5 of the top ten largest gatherings

>indigenous religions
Comfiest religion desu

?

Lutherans teach that salvation is given by God by His grace alone, that one is saved through faith. Meaning, God offers you salvation through Christ's fulfillment of the law, there is nothing you can do to earn it except to say you're sorry for your sins and accept the gift.

That, however, does not mean that good works, adherence to the law are meaningless. In fact, they draw you closer to God, and edify your faith, while sin draws you away from the sincere faith which is your salvation. Better to do good works and let God work through you, better to not sin, but we all sin, and must accept our sinful nature to accept, likewise, that salvation has been freely given to us through Christ.

Luther's Large Catechism explains it much better, I certainly consider it a valid interpretation of scriptural doctrine.

I'm an atheist, and i'm actually kind of interested in Voodoo. It's the religion of my ancestors, so i thought i'd get into it as a hobby.

Both protestants and catholics believe in original sin. It's why until recently, unbaptized babies were thought to to go purgatory instead of heaven.

The protestant belief is summed up really well in the bible when God says "your righteous deeds are as filthy rags to me" along those lines. Nothing one does, even the best human in history, is deserving of Heaven to be in front of a holy and perfect divine God. So the belief in Jesus, as he died for everyone's sins, on the day of judgement Jesus will stand in for that person and they will gain entry into Heaven. You're mistaken if you think protestants believe "All I gotta do is believe in Jesus, and I can sin all I want" because that's not the basis of the faith. Those are just bad protestants.

I'm not even a Christian bw

They wouldn't know, so they'd die happy.

Catholicism and Orthodoxy have thousands of years of religious tradition and an objective source of authority in the forms of church councils and the papacy.

The only unifying factor about Protestantism is that it isn't Catholic. It was all made up as they went along.

>not listing Confucius as God tier.

There isn't a current pope. Luther was definitely correct about the Jews even if everything else he said was wrong.

orthodox have a better claim to tradition. modern Catholicism is just masonic vatican II garbage

Replace Catholic with Orthodox and your list would be logical

rigged

You're 100% right, but on that same note it's not correct at all to consider Vatican II fremasonry Catholicism; it's something else entirely.

Ok, that seems a lot better than what I had thought. Thanks for your knowledge

Protistantism is legit snowflake tier bordering on shit tier.

Catholicism should be in the "understandable" tier

What does everyone here think of birth control such as condoms and plan B and also premarital sex?

See this

Sup Forums what exactly is wrong with not believing in god? That's all atheism is.

Love this agnosticism meme.

Just another word for atheist. If you think that you can't be sure if God exists, then as long as you aren't retarded, your default stance is that he doesn't exist.

It is the only intellectually correct position.

>ITT:Sup Forums users of European descent are falling over themselves to suck Jew cock
>calls the spiritual and cultural of their people "shit tier"
>doesn't realized that Christianity had to adopt a lot of European pagan attitudes and presentation to even be adopted.
>rather than worshiping the true expression of European people
>Sucking that Jew cock to this day

Join the brotherhood of kek. feel that meme magic

the problem is your soul burning in hell man

t. neckbeard asatru

>is so anally devastated that he is wrong all he can do is spout memes

atheism is jew tier. Why do you think 99% of famous atheists are actually Jewish

I'm interested in learning more about the teachings of Arius, I might get the book by Rowan Williams, are there any other recommendations people may have?

Isn't he supposed to show mercy? Are you telling me he created me knowing I wouldn't believe in him and then be so unwilling to understand he would just throw me in hell and call it a day?

Seriously asatru / heathenism is laughable at best. 400 lb neckbeards praising Thor thinking they're bad ass. And considering we know very little about historic heathenism, modern day heathenry is just more new age wiccan garbage

>Turn the other cheek.
>If a man asks you for your tunic, give him your cloak as well.

Just let those shitskins in and be slaves to them because fuck a sense of a racial/national community, amirite?
We're all God's children, ONE RACE HUMAN RACE!

also don't forget
>The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ our lord and savoir
but
>Jews are god's chosen people

Christian's are cucks

>Those who don't believe in god actually believe in the Jewish god?

>Rastafarianism
>OK-tier
Top cuck.

Enjoy being a slave to blacks in the afterlife white boi.

he already show it giving his son away.
> Because if you confess with your mouth “Jesus is Lord” and in your heart you have faith that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

it's your choice

>considering we know very little about historic heathenism
you
you know very little about historic heathenism

>his only reference to Christianity is Evangelical Protestantism

Sad!

and i'm supposed to know this actually happened instead of somebody just writing it in a big book and calling it fact?

>Religion
>Taoism
fuck off tao-chiao scum

I care nothing for Christianity.

Christians may be cucks, but heathens are laughable and pathetic. Stay away from that retarded trash

Culturally raised Jewish. Like Sam Harris...He's Jewish, but he's a prominent atheist

>taoism
>ok i guess tier
nigga check yourself

do you not read history books or what?

you're welcome. Scripture stands alone as far as Holy books go, but I can't recommend Luther's works enough. I'm well aware of his controversial reputation (Christ saying he brings a sword, not peace comes to mind when I think of Christian controversy). On the Jews and Their Lies is legitimately a theological masterpiece, Large Catechism is a wonderful exposition on the Christian faith.

Blessings and peace be with you from Jesus Christ our Lord

Didn't I just say that?

Modern day Heathenism is vastly based on Snorri's work. Historians across the board know his writings are biased as fuck since he was Christian. The pre-Christian germanic people almost definitely did not even know what Ragnarok or Helheim was

Religion is a scam to take your money. Just be a good person.Take care of your family,better yourself. They have some good advice,but the magical sky wizard shit is way outdated.