the crate-digging one or the overpriced new shit one? There's a big difference

>vinyl is great, you uncultured plebe.

Vinyl in general. No difference from just listening on a computer

>no difference from listening to a computer
(You)

>not difference from listening to a computer
>(You)

analog sound systems are only good if you pump a fuckton of money into them

Vinyl is fun to own but there's no point in listening to them.

Just don't be a retard and buy every deluxe, double gram, anally insertable box sex that'sthat's out there, those things are only made for suckers and the really autistic collectors who need to own everything

cool and smart way of collecting vinyl:
>buying early pressings of albums released before the digital age (up until the early/mid '80s)
>buying vinyl-only releases
>buying albums from vinyl friendly labels recorded and mastered with analogue equipement
dumb ways of collecting vinyl:
>buying vinyl editions of recent albums
>buying recent vinyl reissues of classic albums

just don't buy any paintings, or sculptures, or movies, or books, or any physical piece of art from any modern artists then.
You can just see all those things digitally right? No need to support the artist or appreciate physical manifestations of art, right?
Fucking suburban tween.

>vinyls

Wow, you don't know shit. Stop spreading your ignorance and go back to the Grimes thread.

It was obvious

do you just stockpile these brainlet images? they're not very good honestly and I'm beginning to think it's just one person using them

Buy albums you want to own. Buy a meme album if you want.

I'm just surprised that feels guy is still relevant

What's the difference?

Nobody said a thing about piracy, you dumb fuck
Besides you can't compare a painting or sculptures with fungible media like books, movies or music

Where is my reissue

Vinyl is inferior and is a superficial practice for the sake of album art. Any credible sound engineer will tell you technically speaking digital is as pristine and refined a sound you can get. What people love about analog is ironically its defects. The thing they love most about it is an actual audible deficiency and dishonest representation of sound kek.

The real vinyl meme is thinking they're meant to be called records. A cd is still a record you numbnuts.

>Fuck dynamics
You poor soul.

I pulled out my old vinyl player last night and for some reason all it plays is static. The receiver and speakers work fine, so I narrowed it down to the player. I think that it must be a stylus problem but I don't really have a way of knowing

what you don't understand brainlet is that digital can recreate anything analog can do and to the infinite specificity and degree, keep rubbing rocks bambino

itaots is one of the highest selling vinyls of all time and helped relaunch production of a dead format. it is in fact a meme album popular with indie millenial meme kids who romanticed a meme format. the key market of vinyl stupid kids with money, and part of that territory is stupid kids in bands who think they deserve vinyl treatment. it reminds me of how diiv had they album unavailable for a long time and then reissued it with an alt cover. it's indulgence, vinyls are only good for taking selfies

>digital can recreate anything analog can do and to the infinite specificity and degree
Are you retarded, or just pretending?

>do you just stockpile these brainlet images? they're not very good honestly and I'm beginning to think it's just one person using them. By the way, I'm also a retarded nigger faggot and I dig up my grandpa and lick the cheesy smeg from his rotting cock

its called making an argument with facts, not sharing an opinion with sweat

t-smug-fw have this and patience on vinyl

I did too

I don’t regret buying vinyl but I regret how much I got and spent on it when I could have bought a fuckton of other shit

Buying physical media of any kind is fine (except cassettes, if CD/Vinyl is also available then there’s literally no point) but forming over a ton of money for the sake of endlessly indulging into some collection is a pointless endeavor when you eventually realize that there’s no point at all to collecting shit.

It's more about finding the kinds of music you actually want to hear on vinyl. I only buy classical and ambient on vinyl because I like the way it feels, but I wouldn't listen to most new stuff on vinyl.

tfw every time you buy a caretaker vinyl you also get an ivan seal painting

>digital > analog
Gotta give a source for that kiddo

Like if you’re talking about an ownable media that’s one thing but as far as recording things goes there are definitely strengths of analog over digital

Were you listening to a SWANS vinyl?

no my only no wave vinyl is No New York
got swans tapes tho

The problem with owning is when it becomes autistic collecting, and obsessive completionism. If a band has a shit album then skip it, or you'll start to have a very boring collection of things in your house.

>got swans tapes tho

Michael had to expand availability for his work just so he could eat food. Why do you need it on a tape? That's meant to be for people who can't afford a cd player

Vinyl lover here. I have a small collection. It's mostly nostalgia but also I dont have a good sound system. I still have like 80 CDs that I've had since highschool, but I just like vinyl for the "experience" meaning the artwork (I'm an illustrator) the lyrics (I like reading and sometimes I just read them) and the packaging (graphic designer by trade)

If you get down to it theres no point in collecting them, but tyou can say that of mostly anything that's collectible. It's just crap that gathers dust. But you can find enjoyment in it, and if you have a high end system you can get a good sound. My comp's speakers were shit and my turn table is loud as fuck.

>what are harmonic Ovetones?
>what is analog Saturation?

they were my dad's I didn't know that

are you implying digital cant traget and recreate these things kek

>every time you buy a caretaker vinyl you support a greedy talentless faggot trying to pass off other people's works as his own
ftfy user

idiot

I only buy vinyl if
A. I love the album
B. It would for sure sound noticeably better
C. It was recorded on analog
Other than that CDs are the way to go

you have a physical thing to put on a special machine, i guess, i pirate everything :)

Nice bump op

>talentless
lol
youtube.com/watch?v=ppoYO7vW3sM
youtube.com/watch?v=3tBOkAUtxX0