What does Sup Forums honestly think of Nietzsche and his philosophy?

What does Sup Forums honestly think of Nietzsche and his philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Abndq_CyOns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mereological_nihilism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was a good writer and has some interesting works as a fiction

>implying Sup Forums reads

He is based as fuck. His philosophy is a perfect and live representation of what is happening right now to the wester civilization.

He is based as fuck. His philosophy is a perfect and live representation of what is happening right now to the western civilization.

Shit shit and utter shit.
Schopenhauer modern remake.

Well meme'd Reddit.

Possibly the greatest philosopher of Western Civilization. That's all.

Lol.

Pretty sure no one who reads Sup Forums actually understands Nietzsche

God Damn, we have this discussion every week. Just fucking read philosophy and form your own thoughts.

The Antichrist was my redpill. Not even joking. He calls out Jews so hard in that.

He is Sup Forums- the philosopher

Christianity is the root of all moral degeneracy

Declaring the weak sacred turns you into a slave of the endlessly breeding masses

No one on Sup Forums understands Nietzsche ... they all think he was a nazi or something and completely miss out on the fact that he was discussing MORAL NIHILISM --- the Ubermensch is a man who is above/free from arbitrary moral codes and is able to, by way of such, reshape society in his own image by manufacturing new moral codes for others to follow and forcing them onto culture at large. The nazis were ubermensch, but not for the reason they thought. A modern example of an ubermensch would be Donald Trump.

Haha your first sentence and last are kind of contradictory. I get whate your saying though

He was completely misguided and only understood society through the lens of his day, Plato and Esoterecists (Guenon, Evola) make him obsolete in my mind. He is trying to construct morality for his age, not understanding the nature of the age he is living in (Kali Yuga)

Riding the Tiger is defeatist m8

time is a flat circle

So true that you had to say it twice

Nihilism eventually paved the way for the Frankfurt School and all the ensuing damage. Can we really be grateful?

>everyone is dumb except for me :^)

> Christian Moral Signalling eventually paved the way for the Frankfurt School and all the ensuing damag

fixed it for you

He hated proto-nazis, so he's good in my book.

No because Nietzsche wasn't a nazi, the nazis were just Nietzsche-esque ... just because A implies B, doesn't mean that B implies A.

He wasn't nihilistic though. Nihilism is a stage that you must overcome.

Probably the best thing since Plato.

One of the worst things that has ever happened to mankind, maybe even under demonic influence. Nihilism is a disease. The traditional ideal believes in an objective truth, and as soon as we stopped believing that, we lost our way and modernity set in.

Cuck tier.

Dude travelled Europe with his two best friends. They leave him because he's a jerk. He decides to focus entirely on philosophy due to this. Thinks eternal reoccurrence is the grandest answer to all things. Morality is stupid. Goes mental and starts crying hysterically when he sees a dead horse being beaten. Has to be taken care of by his sister until he dies.

I have a BA in phil and have published on the subject. Eat a dick, newfag.

>Nietzsche's aristocracy has about it all the sacredness that belongs to the weak. When he makes us feel that he cannot endure the innumerable faces, the incessant voices, the overpowering omnipresence which belongs to the mob, he will have the sympathy of anybody who has ever been sick on a steamer or tired in a crowded omnibus. Every man has hated mankind when he was less than a man. Every man has had humanity in his eyes like a blinding fog, humanity in his nostrils like a suffocating smell. But when Nietzsche has the incredible lack of humour and lack of imagination to ask us to believe that his aristocracy is an aristocracy of strong muscles or an aristocracy of strong wills, it is necessary to point out the truth. It is an aristocracy of weak nerves.

Don't be silly

Nihilism is a tool that you can use to defeat leftist dogmas

couldnt handle a good horse-whoopin

"Moral Nihilism" and "Nihilism" are different. Nietzsche was most certainly a moral nihilist --- he did not believe in any real thing in the world from which morality was derived -- morality is ex nihilo .... his response to this was that realizing this allows someone to no longer be held back by moral rules and makes them able to create a new culture in their own image, with its own arbitrary moral code.

As Evola put it, Neitzsche couldn't grasp the transcendental element to the Superman. He postulated that modern man must transcend the conditions of his life through isolation, but by rejecting Wittgenstein's mysticism he closed off the only viable path to achieving this.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure I see nihilism as Nietzsche's final phase. The overman wasn't nihilistic.

Sorry I meant schopenhaur

Can you post more about Wittgensteins mysticism? Good discussion.

Fucking moron who can't read. Nietzsche condemned nihilism.

Gentle reminder that Nietzsche was an avowed PHILO-semite. He thought Jews were the strongest nation/race of Europe and that antisemitism was a cancer on Germany.

When he talks about Jews the way he does, it's an indirect way to attack Christianity. He associates Christianity with the Jews over and over again to piss off Victorian readers who are mostly anti-semitic yet blindly pro-Christian. Nietzsche considers the Old Testament to stand even with the Greeks which is about as high of a praise he can give. He also said that Jews produced the most noble man in history (Christ) and the wisest philosopher since the presocratic era (Spinoza).

He saw that the Jews had indirectly subverted the entire morality of the nation (Rome) that had conquered them through Christianity, in turn conquering the Roman. He didn't moralize this conquest even though he clearly prefers the Classical mode of morality to the Christian one, he examines this as relations between two human groups who behave according to their natures and capabilities. The Jews had no weapon but their ressentiment to attack Rome with, so they used it.

To some degree he appreciates the slave morality system that the Jews introduced into western culture because it makes humans more morally interesting beings, it forces us to ask many more questions that master morality scoffs at offhand. He looks at Hindus as an example of what Europeans could look like, from a moral sense, without the introduction of Jewish religion.

>the man that lost his mind and will to live for being able to see too far into the future of Germany
Cut that guy some slack, will you, Sup Forums?

you have no idea how glad i feel during the night, because i'm armed with the bullets to ruin the day of anybody. (before clicking post, I farted)

Most people who barely read him call him a contrarian, and never realized his goal was always to fight on both sides of every tug-o-war so as to get to the root of it, to expose everyone to every position, hence "philosophize with a hammer" as in a piano hammer testing to see if the string is sound.

The clueless fucks who couldn't comprehend him and/or didn't read him deeply enough then go on to say idiotic shit like "he contradicted himself on Jews, on Christianity, on individualism vs. collectivism, on this and that", never realizing that this was his objective all along.

He was the one who said he -- unlike his predecessors -- despised all systems, that systems were a symptom of weakness. He was all about perspectivism, which matches all of this, and is antithetical to systems which presume one-size-fits-all bullshit (like Christianity).

It takes exceptional wisdom to be able to convincingly argue from all sides, to be an intellectual chameleon, as he was.

Nietzsche wasn't wrong tho

Christians are decadent and giving their countries away to Mudslimes because "muh meekness" "muh rejection of life", Jews got the Israel they wanted so much

Mind you, recognizing that Jews are strong does not ignore the fact that he saw them as enemies of the greek roman civilization and with it the modern west

Know thine enemy
Hedonism is the demon of the west, Huxley was right

You didnt read Evola, didnt you?

You're cherrypicking or else you didn't fully read him, because he's absolutely critical of Jews at times, as well as being pro-Christianity at times, so far as to admit that the demise of Christianity in the West is going to be devastating to the average person -- not the "ubermensch", but the average person -- who needs religion as an anchor.

See

Isn't nihilism THE leftist dogma though? That everything is relative, nothing is absolute and so all truths are equal, as 0=0?

Underrated

I have read chapters in Counter Currents. talk about pessimism!

I confess I have not read the whole thing

Exactly. Neitzsche recognized the slave morality that was inherent in Christianity.

What, hell no!!

Have you actually talked to a leftist?

They are the most dogmatic people in the Universe

Scratch under the surface of an "athestic" leftist and you will find a demented puritan

The greatest irony of Nietzsche is that he was deeply influenced by Epicurus and in his later years started to be afraid that someone would come across his philosophy (he was almost unread during his life, no book other than the birth of tragedy sold more than 100 copies) and use it for terrible ends. That's why he had a habit of buying back the rights to his books to make prefaces and second editions. Ecce Homo, the entire book, was devoted to making sure people didn't just take his perspectivism and run wild with it, to make sure that people took the whole philosophy and its philosopher together as one cohesive body rather than a bunch of fragments.

But Nietzsche liked to write in aphorisms which lent themselves to misquotation and misinterpretation. Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin, Stalin, Goldman, Theodore Roosevelt, Freud, Jung, he was read and influenced basically all of the lions of the 20th century who almost universally just took what they liked and discarded the rest.

There is a whole set of "isms" that have never truly been held by anyone, because they are unlivable. Various kinds of relativism are of this sort. They are good insults, but nonsensical as self-descriptions.

"Relativists" are just people creating a new absolutism that you don't like.

Certainly, they're sanctimonious and virtue signal as well. But my point is that the only absolute that they recognize is that all is equal. People are born equal, people should be equal, cultures are equal, religions are equal, behaviors are equal, etc. which is why they support the fucking mudslimes. They aren't true nihilists, as they condemn the "White-cis-male-capitalist patriarchy" for everything wrong in the world, but everything else flies to them. There is no moral standard or aesthetic beyond resistance.

> just took what they liked and discarded the rest.

wasn't that the entire point tho? For people to break with the chains of christian moralism and create their own structure of moral priorities?

They all believe they are the prophetised übermensch, and the sheeple are, well, pretty much everyone else - in other words, he's probably very popular on here.

Try to question their nihilism, they will give up on it fast.

All you will be left is with a quasi-christian trying to explain how both humanity is evil and would be better off being destroyed, and how every single human life is sacred and shall be preserved at all cost at the same time no matter the sacrifices

Oh, how could I not be ardent for Eternity, and for the marriage-ring of rings. The ring of the return?

Never yet have I found the woman by whom I should like to have children, unless it be this woman whom I love: for I love you, O Eternity!

For I love you, O Eternity!

That is a fair point, though I feel as if the feminist cognitive dissonance of constantly shilling for women to getting everything and calling western culture "rape cultures" while simultaneously shilling for an actual rape culture in Islam is them being relativists. Or do you feel it's better described as an absolutist stance that is simply anti-conventional/conservative everything?

This, on many levels.
Nice dubs btw

paraphrase: "That which is done from love is always beyond good and evil...:

Yeah, except it ain't. Take your crazy pills, Fred.

that is not relativism

That is called christian moralism, the whole "love your enemies", "hate your family" thing

relativism would be to declare that rape culture is not a good or evil, be it western or islamic

Explain why not

Yes, exactly. Once you get beneath the surface you realize most leftists think they could create utopia. No nations, no religion, no races, all you need is love...

He disliked Christianity as a myth, he considered it corrosive and life denying. It's true that he said some myth is better than the horrific truths offered by nihilism, he looked upon the death of God with hope that we would create a new, better God and wouldn't try to make gods of men.

As for the Jews, you cannot make him anything other than a philosemite. He criticized everything and everyone, he even wrote in Ecce Homo that he tended to give his closest friends the hardest time. But he wrote a furious letter to his sister who married a prominent member of the Volkisch movement, a big part of his break with Wagner was over Wagner's constant casual anti-semitism and one of the last letters he wrote in his madness was a demand that all of the anti-semites be rounded up and shot.

He doesn't write in a politically correct manner because he doesn't have to so of course when he says Jewish stockbrokers are the lowest form of human being, he sounds like an anti-semite to us. But really, he's just stating something that Germans held to be common sense and then directly after, refutes it by saying that every race has its scum.

Nietzsche absolutely loved the Jews. He also liked the French and Italians, though he did take issue with Italians treating animals so poorly. He disliked Germans, Dutchmen and Englishmen.

Infantile emotionalism tbqh
Read Hegel and Kierkegaard

He saved my life.
Thanks to him, now at the age of 30 I have my own house, a beautifull wife I'm an electronic engineer and I work in R&D. Thanks to him, I am the master of my destiny, thanks to him I have a purpose.

You commit the mistake of calling him philo-semitic, while he is actively trying to remove what he himself claims is the best weapon jews ever had (Christian Morality)

he was redpilled on the modus operandis of jews

> “It is where our deficiencies lie that we indulge in our enthusiasms. The command ‘love your enemies!’ had to be invented by the Jews, the best haters there have ever been…”

Almost correct about existence, very impressive.

Thanks for clarification Panama-bro
Here's a reward

>What does Sup Forums honestly think of Nietzsche and his philosophy?
Obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=Abndq_CyOns
>His philosophy is a perfect and live representation of what is happening right now to the wester civilization.
Something something self-fulfilling prophecy

Written a university exam assignment on The Birth of the Tragedy.

>Something something self-fulfilling prophecy

self-fulfilling prophecy?

Leftism was already well under way by 1890, you know that right?

I don't think much of his "philosophy". It serves no purpose other than to point out the bankruptcy of liberalism and materialism, yet it suffers from the same type of bankruptcy. Rejecting materialism is the only solution.

A guy who tipped his fedora too hard, too often.

In my readings of Nietzsche, this is what I've smelled regarding Jews, Christianity, etc:

- Rome was poisoned by Saul of Tarsus's -- a bitter Jew -- Christianity, which Nietzsche differentiates from Christ's message (that's neither here nor there)
-- He clearly calls it "Judea vs. Rome", and since Nietzsche thoroughly voiced his adoration for Greco-Roman antiquity throughout his life, I suppose you have a conundrum here if you think Nietzsche was purely a Judenfellator, to create a new word...
- Isn't he right though? About the Jews? If you acknowledge as I do, that his message is that life is about "the will to power", that all means are an ends to the ultimate telos of power, then why should he not respect the Jews?

He clearly postulates that they made the West weaker through Christianity. This "brotherhood among man" bullshit, this blessed are the meek bullshit, this is all Jewish morality, slave morality, which is antithetical to traditional -- as Nietzsche calls it -- "Roman morality."

Nietzsche's life can be summed up arguing Rome vs. Judea, and he did frequently jump between the sides. But if you cannot look at his entire body of work and come to the conclusion that he thoroughly despised the Jews for what they were -- a slave people who relied on herd morality, herd mentality, and that was how they came to power (well, isn't that what they do today?), whereas conversely the Romans and the Greeks were all about strength and dominion, about saying "fuck you, we're Romans, we're better", "fuck you, we're Greeks, we're better, Achilles will kick your fucking ass (and he did)" -- then what's there to say?

Jews are inherently collectivist, inherently herd people, the pagan Greco-Roman world was against this. Even going into the religions, Jewish monotheism implies collectivism, because "all united under one God", whereas Greco-Roman paganism was individualistic, each man brought his God of choice that resonated with him.

> Rejecting materialism is the only solution.

Solution to what problem exactly?

The Western World is certainly not cucking itself for Islam because it is materialistic, muslims offer ZERO economic advantage and all kind of economical losses

Pathological Altruism inherited from Christianity is at the core of the issue

Because good an evil are not subjective.

Example: On the show "60 days In", the schizo inmate thinks the TV is telling him that the fat inmate molested his kid. So he attacks the fatty and bloodies his face up.

This act was done out of "love", but was not beyond good and evil. It was, to an outside objective observer, clearly wrong.

Here are some Nietzsche quotes on the Jews

From an early draft of Ecce Homo

>And from what side did all great obstructions, all calaities in my life emanate? Always from Germans. The damnable German anti-Semitism, this poisonous boil of nevrose nationale [national neurosis], has intruded into my existence almost ruinously during that decisive time when not my destiny but the destiny of humanity was at issue. And I owe it to the same element that my Zarathustra entered this world as indecent literature - its publisher being an anti-Semite. In vain do I look for some sign of tact, of delicatesse, in relation to me: from Jews, yes; never yet from Germans.

Letter to his sister sent in 1887

>One of the greatest stupidities you have committed - for yourself and for me! Your association with an anti-Semitic chief expresses a foreignness to my whole way of life which fills me ever again with ire or melancholy. ... It is a matter of honor to me to be absolutely clean and unequivocal regarding anti-Semitism, namely opposed, as I am in my writings. I have been persecuted in recent times with letters and Anti-Semitic Correspondence sheets; my disgust with this party (which would like all too well the advantage of my name!) is as outspoken as possible, but the relation to Forster, as well as the after-effect of my former anti-Semitic publisher Schmeitzner, always brings the adherents of this disagreeable party back to the idea that I must after all belong to them. . . . Above all it arouses mistrust against my character, as if I publicly condemned something which I favored secretly - and that I am unable to do anything against it, that in every Anti-Semitic Correspondence sheet the name Zarathustra is used, has already made me almost sick several times.

I kinda see where he's coming from and Also Sprach Zarathustra is definitely a great read, but I don't really agree with everything he says.

He was an advocate for degeneracy. He would absolutely approve of our society today.

>that picture

*teleports behind you*

Letter from Nietzsche to his sister sent in 1887:

>let's fuck

Really, how can we trust anything that wasn't published in his lifetime.

From BGE

>The Jews, however, are beyond all doubt the strongest, toughest, and purest race at present living in Europe, they know how to succeed even under the worst conditions (in fact better than under favourable ones), by means of virtues of some sort, which one would like nowadays to label as vices--owing above all to a resolute faith which does not need to be ashamed before "modern ideas", they alter only, WHEN they do alter, in the same way that the Russian Empire makes its conquest--as an empire that has plenty of time and is not of yesterday--namely, according to the principle, "as slowly as possible"! A thinker who has the future of Europe at heart, will, in all his perspectives concerning the future, calculate upon the Jews, as he will calculate upon the Russians, as above all the surest and likeliest factors in the great play and battle of forces. That which is at present called a "nation" in Europe, and is really rather a RES FACTA than NATA, is in every case something evolving, young, easily displaced, and not yet a race, much less such a race AERE PERENNUS, as the Jews are such "nations" should most carefully avoid all hot-headed rivalry and hostility! It is certain that the Jews, if they desired--or if they were driven to it, as the anti-Semites seem to wish--COULD now have the ascendancy, nay, literally the supremacy, over Europe, that they are NOT working and planning for that end is equally certain. Meanwhile, they rather wish and desire, even somewhat importunely, to be absorbed and assimilated by Europe, they long to be finally settled, authorized, and respected somewhere, and wish to put an end to the nomadic life, to the "wandering Jew",--and this bent and impulse (it possibly betokens a mitigation of the Jewish instincts) should be well noted and accommodated: to that end it might be useful and fair to expel the anti-Semitic screamers from the country.

No-one can figure out what it is, how to translate it into action. So, it's just stimulating, poetic reading.

>He is Sup Forums- the philosopher

I don't think you could be more wrong

>Pathological Altruism inherited from Christianity is at the core of the issue
No, naturalism is the problem. Naturalism is inherently nihilistic and thus the source of all the West's problems.

From GM

>Take a look into the background of every family, every corporation, every community - everywhere you see the struggle of the sick against the healthy, a quiet struggle, for the most part, with a little poison powder, with needling, with deceitful expressions of long suffering, but now and then also with that sick man's Pharisaic tactic of loud gestures, whose favourite role is "noble indignation." It likes to make itself heard all the way into the consecrated rooms of science, that hoarse, booming indignation of the pathologically ill hound, the biting insincerity and rage of such "noble" Pharisees (once again I remind readers who have ears of Eugene Duhring, that apostle of revenge from Berlin, who in today's Germany makes the most indecent and most revolting use of moralistic gibberish - Duhring, the pre-eminent moral braggart we have nowadays, even among those like him, the anti-Semites). They are all men of resentment, these physiologically impaired and worm-eaten men, a totally quivering earthly kingdom of subterranean revenge, inexhaustible, insatiable in its outbursts against the fortunate, and equally in its masquerades of revenge, its pretexts for revenge. When would they attain their ultimate, most refined, most sublime triumph of revenge? Undoubtedly, if they could succeed in pushing their own wretchedness, all misery in general, into the consciences of the fortunate, so that the latter one day might begin to be ashamed of their good fortune and perhaps would say to themselves, "It's a shameful to be fortunate. There's too much misery!" . . .

(cont..)

he made it very clear that he saw them as good and bad for Europe

> What Europe owes to the Jews? Many things, good and bad, and above all one thing that is of the best and of the worst: the grand style in morality, the terribleness and majesty of infinite demands, infinite meanings”

rejecting mindless hatred for the jews, which was founded on christian resentiment, does not imply that he was a cuck for them either, he was well aware they were not saints (and under modern standards, that pretty much makes you a rabid nazi mind you)

>But there could be no greater and more fateful misunderstanding than if, through this process, the fortunate, the successful, the powerful in body and spirit should start to doubt their right to happiness. Away with this "twisted world"! Away with this disgraceful softening of feelings! That the invalids do not make the healthy sick - and that would be such a softening - that should surely be ruling point of view on earth. But that would require above everything that the healthy remain separated from the sick, protected even from the gaze of sick people, so that they don't confuse themselves with the ill. Or would it perhaps be their assignment to attend on the sick or be their doctors?

From Ecce Homo

>What had happened? - Wagner had been translated into German! The Wagnerian had become master over Wagner. - German art! the German master! German beer! ... We others, who knew only too well to what subtle artists and what cosmopolitanism of taste Wagner's art speaks, exclusively, were beside ourselves when we found Wagner again, draped with German "virtues." - I think I know the Wagnerians; I have "experienced" three generations, from the late Brendel who confounded Wagner and Hegel, to the "idealists" of the Bayreuther Blätter who confounded Wagner and themselves, - I have heard every kind of confession of "beautiful souls" about Wagner. A kingdom for one sensible word! - In truth, a hair-raising company! Nohl, Pohl, Kohl - droll with charm, in infinitum! Not a single abortion is missing among them, not even the anti-Semite. - Poor Wagner! Where had he landed! - If he had at least entered into swine! But to descend among Germans! ... Really, for the instruction of posterity one ought to stuff a genuine Bayreuther or, better yet, preserve him in spirits, for spirits are lacking - , with the label: that is how the "spirit" looked on which the "Reich" was founded

How exactly does Naturalism leads you to resigning to your daughter being raped by mudslimes?

That makes zero sense

Only a moral religion that promises that suffering is good and heaven is for those who cry would be able to cause such demented ideology

But the very reason Christianity conquered was that later Roman morality was going soft.

Actually Sup Forums seems to enjoy the bantz when Israeli posters come around

Sup Forums is not a blind jew hater

A cool guy who got too hung up on ressentiment against people who seemed to harbor ressentiment.
Evola is objectively the conclusion to his train of thought.

>A cool guy who got too hung up on ressentiment against people who seemed to harbor ressentiment.

this is the best criticism of him lel

captcha 1871

Nietzsche is to philosophy what Tesla or the Quantum Mechanics theorists are to harder sciences -- most of the fans do not properly understand him, and wrongly imagine that he is a get out of jail free card that upends everything that went before.

You really think a man whose greatest ideal was to overcome human limitation through sheer willpower, wouldn't condemn a group of scheming, parasitic tribalists that take advantage of societies through nepotism and backstabbing?
Not everything is spelled out in plain sight friend.

it had more to do with romans creating as HUGE slave/freeman imbalance in the empire

Christianity is literally designed for slaves, the roman empire was like wood for that fire

Because from the purely mechanistic view of the universe that Naturalism entails, you lose everything. You certainly lose morality or any coherent theory of value. You even lose reality:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mereological_nihilism