Why do guys like pretending to be girls online then catfishing other guys?

Why do guys like pretending to be girls online then catfishing other guys?

lack of employment, boredom, hatred for the human species, take your pick

i only catfish on mmos but i did because a bunch of dudes would give you good shit and money. also it was the funniest thing in the world to tell them that you are a guy

beta male tendencies usually basically a way to bully the alpha males that bullied you

OP has never heard of a trap

It's because they like you but can't admit they are gay, or you are far too desperate. Try to not throw your fishing line so far out.

basically me when i was 13

Shit is funny, lucrative, and easy to do.

Op is a guy too

most catfishers in mmos are either teens or greezy men in their 30's

You hear crazy stories of guys having online "girlfriends" for months and months, sometimes even talking on the phone lol! WTF!!!

Only catfished on runescape when i was 13 and it was easy since i sounded like a girl.
I had so much shit because of it.

They want to use the sexual power. Gets them off, a little taste of being cute and treated nice because of it.

I learned alot about myself in this thread

me to. i use to sound like a girl to when i was 13-14

Possibly because being desired feels good.

A lot of people are on the internet because they're social outcasts, ugly etc. So they create this persona that is not only attractive to themselves, but to other people. People they wouldn't necessarily have any reason to talk to in the real world.

This need to be loved is also probably why we latch onto the first person who shows us any affection and inevitably drive them away but then I'm dealing with some shit right now

To get epics and boosts.

I catfished a guy for like a month. I'm not sure why I did it. Met on Whisper. I would send him pics from some random chick I found on facebook. It was pathetic he gave me all his personal info without me asking, he wanted to buy me all kinds of shit. I actually felt bad for him when I ghosted him!

I have only ever pretended to be a girl online to talk to lesbian/bisexual girls. I had/have a lesbian fetish.

I just like cock.

Did it to a guy who was trying to hit on my gf (irl, not online). Shit was immensely cash. Posted his messages, dick pics and all, all over uni. He had to retake the year in the end.

It's basically the old dollar bill on a string prank except instead of a string you use wi fi and instead of a dollar bill a pair of tits