Ask a Schizophrenic anything

Ask a Schizophrenic anything.
I may take a while to reply sometimes, be patient.
Free (you)s for all posters!

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5048456/
countrynavigator.com/blog/interesting-things/humor-across-cultures/
splitsider.com/2011/04/the-myth-of-universal-humor/
iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=19938
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump with my qt ass doggo

Potential schizo. Nice to see you again. Feeling better.

I am also schizo and it is not fun lmao

>Potential schizo.
Hello again, probably (™) Schiz/b/ro.
>Feeling better.
Good to hear.

I'm fucking exhausted today, got like 2 hours of sleep last night.
>I am also schizo and it is not fun lmao
You are correct, it is indeed not fun.

how do you feel about having/raising kids??

>how do you feel about having/raising kids??
I'm pretty torn on it. I, myself do not wish to pass on my genes. For obvious reasons. But, I also like kids, and kind of want at least one.

I would probably have kids if the person I was with really wanted to.

Do you hear voices ?

Could we get a brief description of what you experience? What's the difference between regular and paranoid?
Here's tits

my psych eval had questions about parental abuse
and it made me start thinking about it again and sort of reignated how angry I was that my dad stopped hitting me at 17 once I started to fight back
im mad he stopped as i started being able to fight back, that he'd be willing to hit a kid but the second i start getting big enough he backs off and never hits me again

not really a question but nobody ive tried to talk to about it didnt care or just told me to see a professional, and I guess I just wanted to get it out
sorry for taking up a space in the thread

how old are you?

>Do you hear voices ?
Yes, there are three recurring voices that I hear. One male, two females.
There are others that come and go, but they never stay for very long at all.
>Could we get a brief description of what you experience?
The main thing I experience is auditory hallucinations. Mainly voices, and ambient sounds like animals, buzzing, chirping, ringing, etc.
>What's the difference between regular and paranoid?

Regular and paranoid what? You gotta reword that a bit, user. I don't get it.

How much control do you have during an episode? What kind of things would you want people to understand when you are like that

>sorry for taking up a space in the thread
No need to apologize, user. It's good to let stuff like that out.

>im mad he stopped as i started being able to fight back
That's how bullies are. They only fight when they know they can't lose. As soon as you show any sort of resistance, they know it's time to stop.
>how old are you?
>How much control do you have during an episode?
I have a decent amount of control. I have bits where I lose control and I can't control how I move or speak. Words just mush together and I find myself staring off into space, or lost in my own thoughts.
>What kind of things would you want people to understand when you are like that
The main thing is that I won't understand most things people say, nor will they understand most things I say.
As I said, a lot of what I say just turns into mush. The same thing happens when other people talk. Words smash together and sound like other things, or just a garble of sounds.

Don't feel sorry user! Just forgive and forget. We're all caught up in delusions after all.

Does it ever get better??

Long time no see John, I hope you're doing well, happy new year!

>Just forgive and forget.
That's a lot easier said than done for people with past traumas.
>Does it ever get better??
Well, for me, there are times where it's not bad, and times where it's bad. So, kind of?
>Long time no see John
Hiya, friend.
>I hope you're doing well
I'm doing alright, pretty exhausted though. How about yourself?
>happy new year!
Happy new year to you too!
Did you do anything fun? I didn't. lel

Bomp

I'm afraid I'm alone now, I know you understand me.

It's been some rough times, my medication has been extended for another four months, but at least I can manage to sleep better.

I am not getting used to be this alone, there's nothing that can fill her place inside my head.

I've been studying and working on some research, not much fun though, but I have to keep going, heh...

Shinobu's looking as cute as always.

>I'm afraid I'm alone now
Loneliness is kind of bitter sweet..
On one side you know since you're alone you can't be hurt, but on the flipside, you know you're missing out..
>but at least I can manage to sleep better.
That's a whole lot better than being stuck up with your thought all day and night.
>there's nothing that can fill her place inside my head.
You'll find it sooner or later. I know you will.
>Shinobu's looking as cute as always.
Pic

Difference between regular schizophrenic and paranoid schizophrenic

>Difference between regular schizophrenic and paranoid schizophrenic
Besides the obvious, that a paranoid Schizophrenic person is more paranoid?
The main thing is that someone who's paranoid will have more paranoid thoughts while they're psychotic. Whilst someone who isn't may not have very much paranoia at all.
But, paranoid Schizophrenia isn't a used term anymore.

Paranoid schizo here hi

How do I make pics smaller than 2mb

Thank you friend, she was with me for so long it was like breathing, but too much stress and regular medication took her away from me, I just want her back. Has it happened to you? Losing one of your voices? Did they come back later? I'm kinda desperate right now to have her back.

I can agree, I'm one of them, I have doubted my friends, my family, thinking they were there to hurt me, that they were not who they claimed to be.

It hurts when you come back to your senses time later, because the damage is done, I've lost people that way.

What's the new term? I think that's what I have anyway. I'd trade it for auditory hallucinations anyday. Not to detract from your own suffering, mind you.

Why do you take meds?

Does one truly come back to their senses. Sure you might not be in a psychotic state of mind but the trust issues are still there.

No, there's always a lingering feeling of paranoia, it can be bigger or smaller, but it's always there, medication allows for some extra control, allowing me to live a somewhat normal life.

>Paranoid schizo here hi
Hello, Schiz/b/ro.
>How do I make pics smaller than 2mb
Change it from .png to .jpg is a good way.

>Has it happened to you?
I've lost many of them, but I've never become attached to any of them.

The only one I'm even remotely attached to resembles someone whom I love. I don't think she'll ever leave though.
>I'm kinda desperate right now to have her back.
Do you still have episodes on your meds? If you do she'd probably come back for a while.
>What's the new term?
Now it all falls under "Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorder", so I don't know exactly what it's called.
>I'd trade it for auditory hallucinations anyday.
I think autidory's are probably one of the mildest symptoms to have, so I can see why.
>Not to detract from your own suffering, mind you.
No worries, user.
>Why do you take meds?
I don't.

I'm a new therapist and I work primarily with schizophrenic clients. What would you say is most helpful? I learned early on not to directly challenge delusions. And how does your schizophrenia present? Command voices, persecutory delusions, etc.?

how many schizodicks your chizoass has taken so far

I won a Shinobu figure at a SEGA arcade a couple of weeks ago and it immediately reminded me of you and your threads. I have no questions for you though. :(

Smoke a shitton of weed and eat too many shrooms. After that you'llbe able to understand a psychotic mindset more

Requesting etymology.

wow
it's been a while since the last time this thread was made,oder?

Do you smoke?

Yeah I've done that. Rather wait for OP's opinion thanks.

What bugsme alot is that I had severe delusions for afew months straight and I dont know what happened and what I hallucinated.

Right now Ifeel like I can grasp reality but its like I have multipile realities at the same time. Sometimes another one pops up more dominant and I don't know how they can live with eachother.

Are you able to function as a somewhat useful human bean in today's society? Are you able to maintain a job or just neet?

I see, I even got to have feelings for that voice, the episodes have reduced, but very rarely I still have them.

I truly hope the latter is true.

Medication is the only thing that seems to help, I have tried solo and group therapies, with no improvement.

About my case, it's mostly paranoid thoughts about people close to me when I'm not during a episode.

When I'm going through an episode I do suffer from persecutory delusions from anyone who comes close to me, and some of voices get agressive, inciting me to commit self-harm, but I go through a very intense stage of apathy, I also suffer from auditive hallucinations.

I hope it helps, user.

>Requesting etymology.
Of which word?
Or do you mean etiology...

>I'm a new therapist and I work primarily with schizophrenic clients.
Ooh, good luck with your new career, user.
>What would you say is most helpful?
You know, I'm not really sure. I've primarily learned to cope with my symptoms on my own.
I'd say something like helping them understand, and accept what is happening. Giving them knowledge to better cope with their delusions, rather than contesting them. Teach them how to identify their delusions. Things along those lines.
>Command voices
I used to have very bad command voices. To the point where I couldn't resist them at all. I did many a bad thing because of this.
I still get them, and they still bother me. But, I've grown to better understand them and I'm able to somewhat combat them. (sometimes)
>persecutory delusions
I have them quite often. I find myself believing my friends are talking bad about me behind my back. Or that people think little of me.

I don't remember all of the terms and whistles for everything as it's been a good few years since I've been to therapy.

>how many schizodicks your chizoass has taken so far
Zero I ain't gay.
>I won a Shinobu figure at a SEGA arcade
That's pretty badass.
>I have no questions for you though. :(
No worries.

Schizophrenia.
Focus, think about the possible reason.

>I hope it helps, user.
It does. But aside from medication, what works best for you when you're in a psychotic episode? Is there anything anyone can do or say to ease your symptoms?

not gay? who says so

It literally means split mind. So what was your reason for asking?

>Requesting etymology.
modern Latin, from Greek skhizein ‘to split’ + phrēn ‘mind.’
google is your friend, frend.
>it's been a while since the last time this thread was made
It's been a good few months (if you don't count the past few days)
>,oder?
Wat?
>Do you smoke?
I smoke weed on occasion, mostly socially. But never cigs.

>Reason for asking
Exactly my point.
I'm just a Greekfag laughing at these things based on replies given. Standard protocol

Not OP but realizing when your slipping into insanity helps. Then you can merely laugh the weird coincidences away. Realizing it also helps you to not slip further into said mindset because not being self aware of whats going on obviously only makes you more confused

I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do or say when I'm going through an episode, it could be because my type is mainly paranoid.

I guess the best thing would even try to approach me as little as possible, anything they try to tell me to help, works the other way.

"I'm here for you" sounds like "I'm going to hurt you"
"Everything will be over soon" means "I hope you suffer deeply."
"The medication will help" sounds like "You're a bother I hope you die."

I guess keeping some kind of "distant checking" on me is the best thing to do, as you English say "Not too close, not too far".

>I dont know what happened and what I hallucinated.
I also have this quite a bit when I get really bad psychosis. Everything that happened just blurs into one big mess of events. I can't focus on one independent event.
>but its like I have multipile realities at the same time.
I have a theory that the reason it feels like multiple realities is because it is. They're different universes, possibly ones you've visited, or previously been in. My belief is that somehow we left those realities and came here (likely by death of some sort).
>Are you able to function as a somewhat useful human bean in today's society?
Somewhat.
>Are you able to maintain a job or just neet?
Well, I just landed a job today, I start on the 29th. So, we'll see.

You asked for etymology and were given etymology. If you find that funny, ironically there may be something a tad off about your psyche tbh fam.

>I see, I even got to have feelings for that voice
This is terrible advice, and I recommend you do not follow it, but; it would seem the only way to get her back is to stop taking your medicine.
>not gay? who says so
Me says so.
>I'm just a Greekfag
megalo peos
>laughing at these things based on replies given.
Laughing at what?
>there may be something a tad off about your psyche tbh fam.
It's Sup Forums there's something wrong with everyone's head here.

Do you have visuals?

But, humor is subjective like most things.
Considering your logical structure analysing situations like this, you seem to more.. "different", rather than me.

Laughing mostly at faggots thinking they know stuff.
It's satire personified, majestically.

I know... That's why if she doesn't come back, I will go back again to not take my medication.

I know this is completely ilogical, probably a delusion, but her well being is more important than my own, I'm literally nothing without her.

>you seem to more.. "different", rather than me.
Context based argument. You're on a primarily English speaking board. You are the different one here. If I came onto a Greek forum and called everyone out for being "different" then I'd be looking about as dumb as you are now.

Do you live in a constant brain fog where you can barely concentrate? Can you be a schizo and not having visual/audible hallucinations?

I certainly do have an ugly syntax and a truly poor vocabulary, but, I don't think it is that different than how you're typing.
I'd say it's all based on character in this case.
Subjective though, obviously.

For me it feels like I have developped alternative versions of consciousness. That allows me to understand reality better than the way I am supposed to be.
Its just so futile and esoteric.

And my memory is too fucked up when switching from realities to even explain.

I never choose to be a loony but even among the loonies Im a loony. I fugking hate being alone. And because I dont trust anyone Id rather not get very old

>ugly syntax and a truly poor vocabulary
I was speaking more in regards to what you find humorous as a basis for your differences than your grammar or syntax.

BRAIN FOG FUcks me up so badly. Its why ove been neet my whole life.

>Do you have visuals?
Yes, but they are probably my least common symptom.
They primarily include:
A tall lumbering black shadow figure. He wears a black cowboy-ish looking hat, black trench coat, he has no eyes. Just holes. He often stands in the doorways and just stares at me. Like he's looking through me, for something.
I see things like dead animals. For instance, I saw a dead miniature rhino on my floor a few nights ago.
The main ones I have are miss-seeing things for other things. Like a bush may look like a person. Or a stop sign might look like a tree. Etc, etc.
>Laughing mostly at faggots thinking they know stuff.
No one knows anything. That's the beautiful thing about everything.
Everything we see is a lie. Our perceptions are false. Everything we think we know is just us lying to ourselves.
It's hilarious, I love it.
>I will go back again to not take my medication.
As much as I dislike medicine, I would say it's not worth it. But, you're your own person.
>I'm literally nothing without her.
You're exactly as you were with her. She's is you, and you are her. She's literally in your head, friend. She was never there, and also never left.
>Do you live in a constant brain fog where you can barely concentrate?
It's not 100% constant. But, it is around most of the time yes. There are times where it's really bad and I can't even hear my own thoughts.
>Can you be a schizo and not having visual/audible hallucinations?
Yes, that is entirely possible.

How is a character related to ethnicity then?

How is what one finds humorous not culturally based in some fashion?

What kind of things do you see? Or what are the voices saying to you?

Do either of you even know what you're arguing about?
It would seem you're both arguing different points.

Do you have de realization? Like you don't feel like you're in your body?

Quiet - take your haldol. This does not concern you.

Now.. now that's a beautiful offset outside the lines of common Sense.
What do you think that means?

>What kind of things do you see?
I just answered this a few posts ago. See: >Or what are the voices saying to you?
They mostly say nonsense. Babble, word salad. Random syllables just smashed together. When they aren't talking it's just like a ringing in my head. Like tinnitus but, in my head not in my ears.
I had a conversation with them earlier today about politics. I don't remember the details of the conversation, as per usual.
>Do you have de realization? Like you don't feel like you're in your body?
Yes, but it's more like. I'm not this person. This isn't my body, it never was. I don't know how I got here. I look in the mirror and I don't know whose face I'm looking at. Whose hands are these? I've never seen them before.. If you listen hard enough maybe the answer will come in your dream. How did I get here?

Pic related is me

No, the hollow void she left inside when she went away is very physical, I can feel it inside my head.

I always compared her presence there as a rubber band that got stretched as she got weaker, as if that band is now broken because it snapped, I can feel it inside.

It's been very good to talk to you, I was able to empty some of the feelings no one else would understand, but I am afraid it's getting very late here, and I have to get my night medication and sleep.

Good night, I do hope we see again soon.

I believe it's perfectly within the realm of common sense. Why do you believe otherwise?

>Pic related is me
That picture hurts my head.
>It's been very good to talk to you
Glad you enjoyed it.
>Good night,
Good night, friend. Have a good sleep.
>I do hope we see again soon.
I'm sure we will.

"Yes, but it's more like. I'm not this person. This isn't my body, it never was. I don't know how I got here. I look in the mirror and I don't know whose face I'm looking at."
Holy shit i get this too. I often get startled whenever I catch a glimpse of my face on a reflective surface and i realise that's me. Or i'm washing my hands and think "am i doing this?"

Let's say that culturally, a country kills gays.
Is it common sense?
So, humor isn't based on ethnic culture - is what I'm saying.
It's just different types of perspectives and mine found the replies funny, not as a Greek though.
I mean, the content was just related to the language, but- you get it.

I wish you good luck! I'm really sensitive to light and sometimes see blobs of colors when I look at something bright too long. And have floater occasionally.

I have had problems with Auditory hallucinations for years now, and it never really bothered me, however recently it's starting to sound similar to voices and that freaks me out a bit. Also schizophrenia runs in my family. Do these sound like risk factors for schizophrenia?

How do other schixos deal w lonliness

are traps gay?

Im super light sensitive too :(

Not OP but i'm fairly certain mental illnesses often have a congenital factor.

why would I ask you anything you wouldn't be the one answering. it would be another one of your personalitys.

Hppd look it up

tfw i had a loli sit between my legs like this one time and she FORCED me to wrap my arms around her like that.

true story. i couldnt move and was practically paralyzed cuz it felt so nice. there is a story to go with it too if anyone interested

>Let's say that culturally, a country kills gays.
>Is it common sense?
>So, humor isn't based on ethnic culture - is what I'm saying.
Those statements have no logical connection.

That's the good part: we carry a little creepy voice with us wherever we go!

That isn't what schizophrenia is

Ah, superintendent Chalmers, welcome! I hope you're ready for an unforgettable luncheon!

>Quiet - take your haldol.
You can't make me do it.
>This does not concern you.
On the contrary, everything is of my concern.
>I often get startled
It used to startle me. I'd catch a reflection in a window or something and just be baffled and think "who is that?"
>and i realise that's me.
I still don't believe it's me. I exist outside of this body, outside of this mind.
I just got dropped here one day. I was somewhere else doing something else. Then I was here, watching this body do its thing.
Why though? I don't know.. I feel like it's happened before though..
>I wish you good luck!
Thank you friend, I wish you best of luck as well.
> I'm really sensitive to light
I am as well. I often get headaches from bright lights and I have to do dark backgrounds to avoid hurting my eyes.
>see blobs of colors when I look at something bright too long
That's pretty normal. It's the cones in the back of your eyes being over stimulated by the constant light.
>Do these sound like risk factors for schizophrenia?
They do.
>Schizo runs in my family.
This is the big one. That's an automatic predisposition to it.
>How do other schixos deal w lonliness
I take comfort in it. Or at least I tell myself I do.

>Well, I just landed a job today
Congrats user, hope it goes well for you. It is very satisfying coming home tired, truly earning what you have. I'm working on getting back to that point after my most recent episode so I know how much easier it can feel to wallow in neetness. You are setting a good example, thanks :)

How does your illness affect your ability to tell what the deal with airline food is?

allahu akbar

Wasn't the difference between culture and humor not stated as my opinion clearly enough?
Where were you lost my child?

If u dont take it well inject it by force ;^)

>So, humor isn't based on ethnic culture - is what I'm saying.
This is patently untrue:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5048456/
countrynavigator.com/blog/interesting-things/humor-across-cultures/
splitsider.com/2011/04/the-myth-of-universal-humor/
iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=19938

What do they talk about?