What is the most overrated music genre and/or band/artist in your opinion?

What is the most overrated music genre and/or band/artist in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i3CIhGXnntM
youtube.com/watch?v=luAqu8VX5wo
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZUnqY_39JM
youtu.be/tGLx4WenGwQ
youtu.be/yYvkICbTZIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

21 pilots

In that pic? King's of Leon, glad I don't hear them play on radio anymore

glam.
IMO
also, Radiohead, sonic youth, five finger death punch, Volbeat, Moltey Crue, Korn.

Doesn't have to necessarily be from the pic
Good choice tho

lol why is the logo of wonderwoman in there?

Had to look it up but is apparently the logo for Weezer

The Police

Most overrated band of all time is easily Nirvana. SOAD is a close second.

U2

>filename
>LOGos

From the pic? Tom Petty

Overall? Rush.

They're certainly overrated. Why can't they have a plane crash like Buddy Holly?

No arguments from here on that

alright, I want to start by saying that everyone can like whatever band they want but in my opinion the top five most ovewrrated bands are:

5:The Rolling stones
4. Five Finger death punch (and if you don't think thats a good fit I could easily put GNR, hell slash sho9uld have his own category but I digress.
3. Led Zeppelin
2.The Beatles
1.Nirvana
If you think this is wrong look at what people say that don't know shit. look at what people wear that only know fucking "yellow submarine" shit's hilarious. I have a jimm,y Page Tattoo but in my opinion Zeppelin is overrated at times with their patented radio hits that always never cease to play. people don't really hear the deep tracks for Zepp like "ten years gone" and the same goes for nirvana like "the man who sold the world"(it may be a cover but its still damn original the way he does it) people only look to "boack dog" and "smells like teen spirit" so as much as I love these bands they need to be brought up. The same goes with the stones. They have asonga like this: youtu.be/i3CIhGXnntM but people only go for "satisfaction" etc.

The Beatles. Especially John Lennon.

Exactly why I don't listen to the radio.

Never understood it. Musta been all the drugs.

Nirvana is probably one of the most overrated if not top 1 band ever. They literally played for 5 years and all they wrote is 1 good album. The rest is garbage. And to top that, the radio plays just one song over and over, like it's some kind of masterpiece.

Kiss is probably the worst band of all time

They certainly can't play!! Listen to this horrible dreck:

youtube.com/watch?v=luAqu8VX5wo

lol you have to give credit to Ace Frehly though, his riffs are cool and his solos are always purple hazy

I agree that they are overplayed on the radio, but they had more than 1 good album.

Rap or current country

I'm trying to get into grateful dead music
I really like it, although at the same time it can be hard to get really into it like I can with other bands

> the rolling stones has decent riffs and enough energy but yeah pretty overrated
>FFDP is boring af for their genre
>Led zepplin stole a couple riffs but are honestly one of the greatest and most original rock bands ever so kill yourself
>The beatles are incredible if you forget the boy band british invasion shit. Rubber soul and sgt pepper are some of the most important albums of all time so fucking kill yourself
>Nirvana is overrated as shit

Well shit

Now I want to drop acid

Stones Zeppelin Beatles are not over rated

I wouldn't say they're overrated, but they aren't very consistent with there music.

This faggot

I tried too. Just couldn't get into em.

Kiss alive a great album

bro im not saying zeppelin and the beatles are bad. im just saying that certain tracks are overplayed and they have a silly audience that thinks theyre fans when they havent heard any songs besides the radio filler that theyre known for.n Don't think im talking shit. this isn't supposed to be an argument or a negative debate in anyway

more like Weener
lol did they ever get their hipster soy boy asses sued by DC comics?

any band that emo people listen to. like twenty one pilots, bvb, p!atd, shitty music like that

Bruce Springsteen

thats just because you dont like that music

Zepplin has stolen more than just a couple riffs my friend.

you mean big boss? cmon man he might be overrated to some older ladys but he's NJ's boy

lil peep and lil pump

Annnd a jew.

Oh, if you think that's horrible, you should also check out this pure filth:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZUnqY_39JM

All those hours of playing together as a band over 30+ years subsequent to some hardcore classical training and they sound like such shit. They totally can't jam.

overrated:
adjective
The definition of overrated is something that doesn't live up to its reputation or the hype surrounding it.

that was a stupid comment. I'm caucassian and agnostic. Just because you can't jam like Bruce doesn't mean you gotta be drinkin the haterade fam. With this logic Billy Joel is bad too

soundcloud rappers by far

I never said they couldn't play. Just way overrated.

I just hate hipsters and what they like with a passion

Any type of rap. And most pop.

Lol, just thought I should rustle some jimmies.

fuckin knew it lmfao

But he is bad.

Rap and hip-hop. The worst. No talent to do it, and you can tell it takes no talent because there is so much of it. They don't play instruments, there's very little variation, and it costs nothing to make. It's like Hormel spam.

Most metal (and also the fans are garbage)
Electric blues
All modern rock
Radio head
Lou Reed/Velvet Underground and anybody inspired by them
Bruce Springsteen
21 Pilots and any of those bands that "OMG saved my lyfeeeeee"
But #1 is Foo Fighters. They made one good album and the rest has been a consistent rehashing of shit

>KISS
>U2
>The Sex Pistols
>Guns N Roses

Well for certain Robert Allen Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan.

>Beatles is not overrated

honestly one band I think needs MORE credit is The Monkees, they were some cool cats

>Motley Crue among people older than me
>Twenty-One Pilots among people younger than me
>90% of everything listened to by my own age group

right? the beatles are great but they are over-done X-10000000

Beatles
Nirvana
U2

Certainly not. Tavistock Institute put a lot of research into that social engineering experiment.

But that clip is Phish

so if they're popular then they must be overrated.
I mean really, Beatles, overrated? Fuck all, man,fuck all

I didn't post the clip nor did I listen to it. Phish phucking sucks too.

Amen

again yes they are easily ideintified so yes everyone knows them but im talking about people that say "yeah I love the beatles" but they only know : "hey Jude", "let it be" and fucking "yellow submarine" you know? I know you fucking know fam rofl this shit is hilarious. any musician fags in here? I pkay a gibson 2017 SG and have played for 10 years and I have done alot of work looking into the various forms of music etc. That's why I can easily Identify a bullshitter you know guys?

Alice in Chains

the rolling stones

Used to love the Monkees as a kid. Show was pretty good too. But they were a Beatles knock off prefabbed boy band.

rap

How is Rush overrated? They've flown pretty much under the radar for 40+ years

I'll bet your favorite Yes album is Close to the Edge!!

Bach. That asshole died 250 years ago and people still claim that he wrote literally the greatest music of all time and that no one else comes even close.

MotherFUCK kings of Leon and their shit hole music... that stupid fucking voice and run of the mill garbage rock they play needs to vanish

I don't mind Yes.

Sorry if I offend, I just cant stand jam bands. My personal opinion that The Greatful Dead and Phish suck and are overrated.

Sorry I struck a nerve with you my Sup Forumsro.

I mean you could say they are a rehash of the Beatles but to me they are their own thing, I know they definitely followed the path set out already by the beatles but to me their songs are both authentic.

They may not be overrated in the sense that theyre all over music magazines and in the most mainsteam. But even the members of Rush get prerry embarrased by their fans. Neil Peart doesnt think he's the greatest drummer of a time but that doesnt stop Rush fans from being a bunch of whiny bitches about it.

Nice dubs btw

He's actually amazing. If you don't understand why Bach is deservedly the Master of Music, then you simply haven't listened hard enough.

U grow up in the 60s or someshit?

The Beatles. Most of their songs could've been written by an elementary schooler. And Lennon's solo work sounds like it was written by someone who just finished an Intro to Philosophy class which is probably even worse.

Oh, you're pissed about The Monkees comment. Dude, I had their greatest hits tape in 85 when I was 10 years old. At a time when it wasn't too cool to be listening to them. I was kind of a closet fan. But what I say is the truth. They were prefabbed and didn't even like each other. Music was good though.

No, they used to play reruns of the show when I was a kid and I ended up getting into the music through the show I guess.

hey man you lived longer than me (born in 94) my mother told me about the craze but songs like this make me think theyre theit own caliber : youtu.be/tGLx4WenGwQ but at the same time this song I always thought SOUNDS A FUCK OF ALOT LIKE youtu.be/yYvkICbTZIQ

Last train to Clarksville was one of my favorites off the tape. Paperback writer's pretty good as well. They do sound similar I guess.

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are good, i like them too, but they are overrated as fuck.

Just deal with it, it's time.

Pink Floyd, the ultimate cure for insomnia.

Kayne West..... Just plain over rated fucking garbage....

Yeah, I haven't even listened to the radio in about three years. Upload tunes to my HDD on my vehicle and listen to that. Music I like with no commercials. That and pretty much everything played on the radio is old and been played a million times or it's new and just sucks.

were talking about musicians man not retards

Everything I don’t like is overrated while everything I like is underrated. Don’t you know anything?

said no one but the faggots

Queen.

music is completely subjective and what's good or bad is subjective

case closed, if you think anything else you're a moron.

"no talent"

retard detected. Go make me a good rap song right now, if it's so easy. I mean, if it doesn't take talent then you should have no issues.

he's right, you guys keep shooting down genres and styles and that makes your opinion automatically biased

Kys

No u