Hey guys. I'm not doing nothing tonight, what are some good music documentaries I should check out...

Hey guys. I'm not doing nothing tonight, what are some good music documentaries I should check out? What are your favorites?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQl6PzXU4cQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hated:_GG_Allin_and_the_Murder_Junkies
youtube.com/watch?v=yolf5Sp7l6M
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD_uDoDrgCMHVRXjxQgyDB7uGUXWd48WC
youtu.be/32iX5lbVDto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why do you want to watch a documentary?

the GG Allin doc if you want to get fucked up

Have you seen the Big Star one on Netflix? It's not terrible.

both good choices

I'm bored af and last week I watched "A Band Called Death" which was nice.

You'd probably like the Depressive Suicidal Black Metal documentary Noisey did, since you're all alone on a Friday night.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQl6PzXU4cQ

Is it called"Live fast die"? That's the one the YouTube search drops.

Supersonic, the recent Oasis documentary, was surprisingly interesting. The brothers actually speak frankly about things instead of just spewing nonsense, and talk about having a shitty dad and things like that. It shows you almost all the key points as to how Noel wrote songs, brought them to the studio, and how they were recorded. Plus, if you're not from the UK like me, you can see what the culture was like during their heyday.

No faggot, you're supposed to say something like "because I want to feel smarter"
and then I'd reply with "If you're so smart, why are you on your own tonight?"
And then I'll get a bunch of (you)s and someone will post the screencap to r/Sup Forums.
Delete this post and try again.

No u

Will the r/Sup Forums comments section recommend me some docs as well? What would they recommend?

This is the one I saw, wasn't aware of another one:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hated:_GG_Allin_and_the_Murder_Junkies

I'll check this one out and then the GG Allin one that is on YouTube. That thumbnail caught my attention

Justice documentary is a lot of fun

youtube.com/watch?v=yolf5Sp7l6M

You should watch Shallow Rewards. Chris Ott has sideburns

His ones about Boy George/Culture Club are especially good

Captain beefheart has a great one on YouTube
Same with Brian Wilson

Synth Brittania as well as the various top of the pops series. Also Depeche mode the dark progression.

20000 days on earth if you like Nick Cave, not really super music focused, semi-doc meant to be a day in his life, but has some nice live performences

A Part Of The Weekend Never Dies is better

I love Nick Cave. I haven't found the doc for streaming though. I guess I should stop being a fucking cheap ass and rent it?

This is a pretty good one on Marilyn Manson if you'd be interested in that. It covers from when he was born up until he broke into the mainstream with the Smells Like Children EP / right before Antichrist Superstar.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD_uDoDrgCMHVRXjxQgyDB7uGUXWd48WC

soundbreaking it's a PBS doc about audio recording and production
it's on hulu i think

or who killed nancy. i think its even worst

Watch this Vice documentary about Norwegian Black Metal, based around the Gorgoroth singer Gaahl. Still one of the most surreal ending to a documentary I've ever seen.
youtu.be/32iX5lbVDto

>brainlets still don't understand what Gaahl meant at the end
Typical Vice viewers

>"I don't think you're focusing on what's being told"
>GUIDE ME

This Is Spinal Tap

>I'm not doing nothing

Not a documentary but have you seen "Kill your friends" ?

Op has small iq

Decline of Western Civilization part II pairs well with it for a nice double feature, actually.

It really pairs well with The Disintegration Loops, because that album was made while he watched Spinal Tap