Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hac2rX_VMuY
youtube.com/watch?v=Gqv9X47Dis4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2A3LaYDlHM
youtube.com/watch?v=x7pzF-leTZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OY VEYYYYY

Animate classic. I wish Dreamworks still made movies like this, instead of thinking everything has to fit the Shrek mold. I suppose you could argue that HTTYD breaks out of that, but that's about it.

Fucking amazing movie. Really helped humanize Ramses' character, the Hebrew God just seemed like a massive prick.

WUZ

kung fu panda trilogy was pretty well stylized as far as cg animations are concerned, but yeah everything besides that and htfyd are shit that could have been more appreciable if they were traditionally animated

BIG

>Oh, my son. They were only slaves

Holy shit...

>that moment when moses remembers a lullaby from when he was a fucking infant
did moses have super memory or what?

I'm not really talking about the delivery mechanism, more the content. Irreverent and crude humor, pop culture references, sexual innuendos, all ending with a dance-party ending are elements that infected too many Dreamworks movies. And ther'e nothing wrong with those in moderation, it's just that movies where the main focus is a sense of scale and power and wonder, with really good songs to tie it together aren't really being produced by Dreamworks anymore.

GOYIMS N SHABBAT

MEATY

kek

That was pretty creepy tbqh. Dude doesn't look very bad and relatively reasonable at first.

i know it sounds weird, but kung fu panda 2 is honestly a really solid movie. it sounds impossible because jack black plays a goofy panda who makes fat jokes, but it's seriously great in all departments. visuals, action scenes, character development especially, it's a huge winner and one of my favorites from dreamworks.

Why do atheists pretend to like Dreamwork's Prince of Egypt?

I got to meet one of the animators for this. He went on to be head of character animation for HTTYD 1 and 2.

I don't dispute that. The magical Wushu CGI was great, especially in Tai-Lung's escape, and his confrontation with Shifu.

I'm not knocking Kung Fu Panda, but there is something special to me about Prince of Egypt, because it seemed like they set out and succeeded in making a true animated epic, and in that sense, no other Dreamworks movie can compare. And unfortunately, there are plenty of other worse ones like Shrek the Third, Shark Tale, Monsters vs. Aliens, etc.

>the Hebrew God just seemed like a massive prick
It's always good when an adaptation gets a character right.
t. nonreligious Jew.

>Good storytelling
>Impressive animation
>Great voice talent
>Not too preachy
>Treating the character as well... characters, instead of just cardboard character copy paste from the bible

>Dude doesn't look very bad and relatively reasonable at first

Well...

>moses when he hear it

;_;

He whistles it when he's in that room with Ramses sitting on the big statue, after Seti calls him a failure. It was stuck in his subconscience, he just later realized where it came from.

THERE CAN BE MIRACLES

IF YOU BELIEVE

You're playing with the big boyz now.

I'm surprised nobody has made a rap of that song yet.

By the power of Smee.

Ramses was a bro tho

I love this movie. It's so good, even if you ignore the religious aspect and treat it purely as a fantasy movie set in Ancient Egypt. It really humanizes Ramses, which was great because it would have been very easy to make him a cartoonish villain. And the Spanish (latino, not Spain) dub of this was terrific. IMO the songs in particular have even more emotion than the English version.

youtube.com/watch?v=hac2rX_VMuY

youtube.com/watch?v=Gqv9X47Dis4

My dad had all these animated movies in Spanish only at home, and the Prince of Egypt is the only one where I still though the Spanish version was superior after watching the original.

>Nyeeeeeaaaaahhhhh

It was amazing. And i only realize that it was Ralph Fiennes who voiced him, hence why that war cry sounds familiar.

>BY THE POWER OF RA

>IMO the songs in particular have even more emotion than the English version.

Maybe it has something to do with latinos being really religious. Like for them, this shit actually happened, so they put a little more effort into it, like those Arabs who sing those wailing songs in the Muslim world.

Great stuff. Bible epic done right.

One of the few animated movies that could be unironically considered "kino".

You guys are so fucking retarded with this kino shit.

YOU'RE PLAYING WITH THE BIG GUYS NOW

Unironically better than Exodus

Kikekino

There is always just one song in any animated movie that I even like, while everything else feels tacked on to me. Unnecessary. And I straight-up don't like the song.
This is why I can never watch movies such as "Pinocchio", "Goofy Movie", or "Prince of Egypt". I just don't like most of the songs which basically are important parts of the movie.

I like "The Plague" in it. That's about it.

a timeless classic, still as great as it was 18 years ago. I wish films like this, Titan AE and the Hunchback of Notre dame were still made, quite deep and heavy films but it looks as though we'll never get any movies like this again :/ just Pixar animated crap. Is it just me or is 2d animation way more appealing?

Also soundtrack for this is one of the best of any movie imho.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2A3LaYDlHM

Dreamworks had some really brilliant and underrated animated films like Sinbad: legend of the seven seas, The road to El Dorado, Atlantis.

I also really liked Joseph King of Dreams. It would have been great to see more biblical films. I wonder if they'll do more in the future

Bump

Bump

Need recommendation about more great hand-drawn animation like PoE

Atlantis is Disney. Apparently it doesn't do very well in Box Office and critics, but peoples talk highly about this. Probably gonna give it a try sometime.

Most of those aside from Joseph and Prince of Egypt were average as fuck.

Great film except the bluepilled ending.

>only shooting stars break the mold

Ones I've seen and enjoyed are:

Titan AE
Joseph King of Dreams
Sinbad Legend of the seven Seas
Anastasia
Quest for Camelot
The road to El Dorado

And then the usual Disney:
The Hunchback of Notre dame
Hercules
Treasure Planet

Would like more reccomendations though

Atlantis was Disney, actually.

Literally my favorite animated movie, literally the best Jewkino of all time.

I send the pestilance and plague into your house into your bed into your streams into your streets into your drink into your bread
Upon your cattle, on your sheep upon your oxen in your field into your DREAMS into your SLEEP until you BREAK until you YIELD!

I
SEND
THE
SWARM
I
SEND
THE
HORDE
THUS SAITH THE LORD!

>Played along with a montage of plague fucking up Egypt

Pure badassery

I never liked Moses

Since he wasn't a necromancer nor a golemancer.

ONCE I CALLED YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=x7pzF-leTZM

BRATHA

KYS