good reviews

> good reviews
> people generally like it
> bombed
Why??

Other urls found in this thread:

heatst.com/tech/angry-video-game-nerd-james-rolfe-still-under-attack-months-after-ghostbusters-controversy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disney couldn't handle not being in control of the feminist uprising so they made sure this failed.

> good reviews
Because that was paid for
Lying on the internet user?

The marketing just wasn't good enough. Nobody hardly even knows it exists.

i'd do the last 2 digits of your post with the black chick,the nerdy one is trash even though most of Sup Forums praises her

It was risky taking an unknown property and adapting it. Nobody knew what the hell to expect.

critics gave it good reviews because it had women in it. welcome to modern feminism.

>people generally like it
Heh, no, sparrowed.

Cult classic destined for the midnight movie circuit.

>10 years from now everyone on Sup Forums will claim to have been on the Ghostbusters bandwagon from the beginning

>Nobody hardly even knows it exists.

According to the appalling grammar in this post, everybody is aware it exists.

That's just it, OP. People generally didn't like it. The reviews were horseshit (you really think the 'muhsogony' dumbfucks turned around and gave it a shitty (honest) review? No they doubled down on their lie and announced 'women are funny, get over it), problem for them was, people dis-recommended it to their friends.

This just shows why word of mouth will always be more powerful than bought for, ideologically-driven reviews.

>> people generally like it

>good reviews
I'd describe them as 'middling', with most of the more positive ones talking more about the controversy surrounding the film rather than the redeeming values of the film itself. Meaning, they had an axe to grind.
>people generally liked it
Nah.
>bombed
Poor marketing, bad word of mouth, trailers looked completely unfunny, came out during a summer where reboots and sequels were bombing left and right. Audiences are getting sick of this shit.

Because it was utter shit. The "critics" lied.

Looks like Devin Faraci-wannabe and exiled NeoGaffer Bobby Roberts is still bitter about Ghostbusters bombing. Apparently he's still trying to smear James Rolfe as he recently tried to stage a boycott at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

heatst.com/tech/angry-video-game-nerd-james-rolfe-still-under-attack-months-after-ghostbusters-controversy/

And of course, it failed.

Pic related, It's Bobby Roberts. And no, he isn't black, he darkens his skin in all of his photos using Photoshop to make it look like he is.

>less than six months after release
>people have already forgotten about it

This movie is actually really bad

Anyone who says "at least it's better than Ghostbusters 2" is a liar. If you meet anyone in real life who says this, punch them right in their teeth immediately.

Why is he making the Dreamworks face?

Granted, I didn't HATE it, but "like" is a pretty strong word for the general attitude I've found toward this movie

I've seen people say this, and I believe they deserve to be burned alive.

I don't even think it's as good as The Ghostbusters cartoon series.

And I'm not talking about the one with 'Real' in the title.

Nah.
It IS better than Ghostbusters 2.

By simple virtue that this movie actually tried something different.

It failed, granted, but it *tried*

Ghostbusters 2 is literally just Ghostbusters 1 again, same cast, crew, writers, everything, and it STILL manages to suck.

>but it *tried*

it really didn't

>It IS better than Ghostbusters 2.
It really isn't.

Ghostbusters 2016 is literally just Ghostbusters 1 again, only with a different cast, crew, writers. Only done much, much worse and from a director who's humor is on par with Adam Sandler and only gets a free pass from some for his political agendas.

It's more conceptually ambitious than Ghostbusters 2 by a landslide.

Which, I just want to be clear, is less an endorsement for 2016 GB, and more a jab at GB2.

Seems like loudmouth tumblr SJWs do not represent an economically significant portion of the audience, despite the brouhaha they tend to make on the internets.

Also, I wouldn't say the pervasive opinion "Well it's not as bad as the trailers made it look" equals "people generally like it".

There's not one person who liked this movie who didn't force themselves to like it just to spite all the GamerGaters or whatever they're called. If you switched the gender of the characters from women to men, the reviews would have been much less forgiving.

God, the whole James Rolfe thing is so fucking dumb.

His whole message was "I'm not going to see 2016 Ghostbusters because it doesn't interest me."

That's it. The whole thing. Beginning and end.
Everyone else had to horn in and argue about muh soggy knees

I honestly don't think the Tumblr crowd even embraced this movie, but moreso just a bunch of SJWs on Twitter.

Men have an inherent, unconscious male bias. When they recognize this and make a conscious effort to improve feminism then the world will be a better place.

>FUCKING PAID SHILLS REVIEWS CONSPIRACY RAARARAR END MY LIFE PLEASE

Generally people don't like it when you repurpose their cherished childhood movies into something cheap, soulless, unfunny, badly made and with an agenda.

Yeah, but he has a huge audience so opportunistic clickbait bloggers are going to seize the opportunity to write disingenuous articles about him to try to attract hits.

It was a mediocre remake like any other we've had in the last 10 years

People forgot about it the second they put a foot outside the movie theater, if they even paid to see it on the first place that is

This will go down in history as one of the many failed reboots of our area.

Just waiting for the film industry to die so we can get quality original ideas again.

I have not met a single person who didn't say that they thought the movie was trash when it came up in conversation.

And I'm talking about real life too, not just neckbeards online. Every single normalfag I've talked to about it hated the film.

RIP Ugly One

Even my mother says the movie looked like garbage.

my 6 year old cousin loved it. that's it.

im literally bumnumba1

After Roger Ebert died, I never quite knew which film critics were worth paying attention to. He was always the one critic who's opinion I trusted. Even when I didn't agree with him, I at least respected what he had to say.

However, since Ghostbusters came out, I've figured out which film critics are worth paying attention to - everyone who was honest enough to give that festering pile of shit a negative review.

You should've hated it, it was fucking horrible. I had to stop watching halfway through, on about the 4th or 5th impromptu dance routine. I finished it the next evening. Seriously, one of the least funny movies I've ever seen. When they weren't doing awful, cringeworthy comedy, the movie was passable, but the attempts at humor all utterly failed.

Shit taste. GB2 is just fine and it's definitely better than GB2016, by a mile.

> good reviews
Actually No, most actual reviews were mediocre at best.
Actually No, most people though it was mediocre at best.
> bombed
Actually Yes, it did.
>Why??
For a lot of reasons, the main one being that it shat on and patronized the existing fan base.

Bravo.

Why does the DVD/BD release have ANSWER THE CALL written on it? It wasn't written on any of the theater release material, seems odd

how did raimi get away with this

Sony's marketing department trying to shoehorn a subtitle to address all the complaints about the movie's title in a very desperate attempt to get a few more people to buy the movie.

Make more PIIYM

tumblr can't go watch it because to small seats and panic attacks

>belches brashly

It's too bad Sony treated Ghostbusters the same way they did RoboCop and Total Recall. Basically, a half-hearted attempt at a nostalgiagrab. Which is a real shame, I think there's real potential in the Ghostbusters film franchise if they'd actually put some real effort in it. Alas, it's Sony.

Ghostbusters 2 rapes Ghostbusters 2016 until nothing is left but a pulpy mess of ectoplasm, blood, and splooge.

'member slimer??

Yeah, it's not like talking bad about the movie has any connotations for some people or media...

We saw from the success of the recent Ghostbusters game that you could expand on the universe while being faithful to the feel of the original movies, clearly this new movie didn't even attempt that

>"Girlbusters tried something different"
>literally Ghostbusters only done worse

And you're saying the movie about an evil painting where they turn the Statue of Liberty into a gundam isn't "different" ???

Let's not forget the positive reviews range from

"It's not good, but the women cast is great"

to

"It's okay, but the sexist angry nerds need to pay"

everyone who i know who watched it didn't like it, we're not talking about your meme internet critics for once user, we're talking about the general public

I liked it. I don't like feminism and stuff, and it wasn't exactly good, but I think overall it was entertaining.

I cried twice, once during Paultzman's speech at the restaurant and once at the very end when the city lit up in their honour.

>people generally liked it

I really don't understand how did this movie get 75% on rotten tomatoes.

Were the critics biased?

No! No no, a thousand times no!

Well, yes.

You are a whore. A stupid whore.

Not at all.

I remember this guy. Even on a website full of tools, this guy stood out as a particularly large one.

I swear I watched this film but I'd be hard-pressed to remember anything that happened in it.

Offer any numale / Tumblrina $100 by Paypal if they can highlight the area in Rolfe's video, where he is misogynistic.

p.s. they can't.

and PTSD like Boogie2988 has

This is just Star Wars prequel apologism applied to GB. Fuck yourself,

The only people that watched this piece of shit were the people that decided they liked it before they even saw the movie.

based!

>By simple virtue that this movie actually tried something different

If by "something different" you meant slapstick queef jokes with a feminism meme and shitty cgi then sure

>paid reviews
>creators hate target audience
>bombed

???
How could this happen?

Poor devin.

shitty reboots. not even once

"Projecting", the person.

Urgh I got caught up in a whole argument on a normie forum I post on about whether or not it was a bomb. It was so fucking infuriating. Even when it was a confirmed failure, they just refused to acknowledge it.

Sounds like NeoGAF. Definitely not a normie forum.

The comments in pron sections actually are fucking awful though.

>ayy gurl u wan sum fuk ;)

It's like they actually believe that the people in the movie are the ones that uploaded it and respond to everything.

Reviews are good because there are women and The reviewers want more movies with women in the lead. And to do that. Movies with women are rated high no matter the quality.

I'm hoping that if there are more movies with women, there will some that are actually good that would never have been made if this movie had a bad rating.

In the end. Ratings don't matter really. People are gonna see it none the less.

>People are gonna see it none the less.

Problem is, movies like this, Catwoman and Elektra make it even harder for movie studios to produce tentpole movies featuring women in starring roles. Women starring in awful box office bombs doesn't do anyone any favors, except make misogynists feel vindicated.

>It IS better than Ghostbusters 2.
Shut the fuck up and get out of Sup Forums

>limp dick loser
>married
>has a kid
>steady job making indie movies for a living
>literally his dream job
>has a wife that's not a whale like doug wanker's
>is best friends with Motherfucker Mike
i fail to see how James is a loser

Because when your highschool yearbook picture looks like this, you need to take all the potshots you can get.

The piece highlighted in that article was actually written by this fella:

You couldn't make it up...

It's hillarious how all of you morons got trolled to a fresh meme from 2016 Dredd post that's still active. Americans are really stupid as fuck

hahahaha what a fucking dork

because of hello ThreeManyTime you boring shit

Im glad that this is slowly being forgotten

>People are gonna see it nonetheless
But they didn't.
The movie bombed because of a ridiculous budget that they mismanaged, and by alienating their audience when pandering to one that wouldn't actually turn up for it.

This is the sort of thing people point to when they want to prove you can't get complacent, despite it being a hit on paper.

yeah i mean reviewers being paid to praise shitty products is literally unheard of right?
literally a coincidence that the movie was a failure yet the critics praised it...
are you really that retarded?

Paid is bullshit, Sony's too poor
That said shills? Yeah, movie bombed, clearly the reviews are bullshit.

Saying they were paid off is doing them a favour.

The only alternatives are that they're retarded enough to think their faint praise was an endorsement, or too limited in their vocabulary to formulate praise about genuinely positive aspects of the movie.

>Fart jokes
>Racism jokes
>WE WUZ STRONK WOMYN AND SHIT
user please stop embarassing yourself

there is nothing wrong with that grammar. Did you think he made a double-negative or something?

Somebody post that Webm of McKinnon mugging the camera, while Wiig looks like she's trying to resit bolting for the nearest door out of second hand embarrassment