Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUP4mVkxdTA
hardyfox.com/home2/page0/page0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tfw to show or to be shown is a question never not known even by many to exist

tfw the quick brain drained the main

>tfw my mother made me eat boysenberries

Opulent givings are seldom a dread.
They help you relieve all them lies in your head.
But for the giving begets a sure vain,
Leave open a window and let in some rain.

Wtf is this Pepe

>tfw they say there's room no more for such a friendly whore

Pleb doesn't even know the God Tier, heart breaking and truly enlightening album experience that is Not Available

LITERALLY 10 seconds in and I shut it down

Why? It's beautiful.

Naw

>Shut it down

>people with taste this bad are on this board
just stick to Sup Forums

ship's is a going down.

let's just ignore the bait and move on. Plenty of other good threads have already been ruined by bait posts. Don't let that happen to this one too.

The Easter woman came today and took away my wife
Took her through an open doorway to the afterlife

Duck Stab/Buster Glen > Not Available

fight me

Eskimo > all of the other residents' work
fight me

right
decent opinion

Scaruffi

this is very underrated

Dude the haunting beauty of Not Available hits you on a primal level to your core bru. But you can't go wrong with any of their records up to Mark of the Mole (or at the very least Commercial Album).

good point, and I'm actually relisteing to the album for, according to last.fm, the 16th time. It's nice when people have good taste and don't just follow /pleb/core

yeah, though I think the last great album was Demons Dance Alone. But the new album Ghost of Hope is bland

This is the only third-party source on The Residents that I could find, which is Homer Flynn and Hardy Fox performing for an Ant Farm happening in San Francisco.

you realize Hardy outed himself in the Bobuck news letter as Chuck

This is the day

youtube.com/watch?v=KUP4mVkxdTA

I'm afraid I didn't.

I fuck with a couple of their albums, Meet The Residents being my favorite, but Not Available still doesn't do anything for me. Not really sure what imagery its going for.

yeah it's kinda retarded

>"Charles Bobuck (Hardy Fox) composed for The Residents until 2016. The Residents had all but stopped making albums after 2008 but Bobuck kept doing what he always did, so he made Charles Bobuck albums instead of Residents albums."

Also bro, just sit back and feel. don't think, feel and you'll get it.

I've tried, at least 5 times. I usually make it to the halfway mark.

also this confirms the cryptic corporation is the residents, though you could piece that together. Homer and the singing resident have the same voice, and you can even hear it on a track from FingerPrince from 77.

Chuck was a member of the residents until 2016 according to the lore so Hardy was a member.

I don't know man, the first time I heard it I was like like a rock. Right now I still can't give it anything less than a 10 to be honest. There's something about it that's so fucking good, and it's not nostalgia blinding me.

I don't know guess it's either there or isn't.

God I really wish I knew who The Residents are

I mean after 40 years still nobody has any idea

That’s all the more reason to revisit it
The things you don’t instantly click with but aren’t utterly repulsed by are the best things for a person to delve themselves into

see

Got a direct link?

It’s totally common knowledge that Homer and Hardy are The Residents from the 1980s onwards, if not from interviews and the documentary just literally look at pictures of them and the photos of The Residents performing. Plus there is a website for both Hardy Fox/Charles Bobuck so obviously the fact it’s for both of them is pretty much an indirect nod at the obvious. Nolan Cook is like the 3rd guy from their modern incarnation.

Obviously a ton of their modern stuff is pretty bad objectively speaking but it’s still got merit and has interesting aspects to it and the fact they do so motherfucking goddamn much stuff is kind of mindblowing. And I believe it was Hardy/Chuck that did pretty much all of the music part of it, like it was him that has been the one behind the majority of The Residents’ output (maybe even in the original lineup too but to what extent is something that can only be guessed).

And they’re still even doing shit now, like there’s a full fledged movie they’re making now (of the same cheesy half-baked quality as their recent music but still awesome for just that reason) and they have some funding campaign that I don’t fully understand where you can apparently become a Resident yourself (they uploaded a video to their YouTube about it yesterday with Homer talking about it, I guess I need to look into it).

lol I was being sarcastic

Also I'm aware it's common knowledge, I just wish they didn't come out

hardyfox.com/home2/page0/page0.html

Have you heard the Bobuck cover of Questions Never Known?

Also listen to Perfect Goat on Our Finest Flowers if you haven't, it's a favorite of mine.

thank you for reminding me that I need to listen to this album again, right now

Fuck me, what the end of the day

Sexy

Do it's so worth it