Psychology major here

psychology major here.

why do engineers think they are so fucking smart? is it true if you have higher than a 3.0 gpa in engineering you are smart?

how the fuck is that more impressive than my 3.7 gpa in psychology

explain

>psychoLOGy

Easy.
There is more shit that needs building than psychos that need counseling.
Engis know that, therefore they can act like the roasties of the workforce. Never a dry spell, wide choice in employment, etc.

Engineers are the plebs of the stem fields.

You majored in a useless degree. You are a cunt. Die alone faggot.

Can you do calculus?

I'm not all that smart and had a 3.6 in mechanical engineering.

15 years later I just got a MS in computer science from a top 10 school and had a 3.8.

In that program I met a lot of actual smart people. People that recalled minutiae from the linear algebra course they took 5 years ago like it was the alphabet.

As for me, my own memory is shit. I would struggle just to name the 10 course I took fory MSCS. Still got a high GPA just by brute force.

I literally scored 2200 on the Sat and my engineer friend who scored 1400 thinks he’s hot shit and he has a 2.9 gpa. Are engineers this dense?

Standardized tests don't measure intelligence just how well you can take their test

Yea sure, Gpa determines your intellect levels. IQ does.

Engineers are literally fucking retarded and ride the curve. They don’t even know how to do shit after a semester

>my 3.7 gpa in psychology

Really? You get your Ph.D.? Are you tenured?
If no, go fuck yourself.

Do you have your own practice in psychiatry?
If no, go fuck yourself.
If yes, then there is a %99.9 chance that you are nothing more than a shill for the big pharma corps trying to push their expensive psych meds, so double go fuck yourself.

Engineers build things. Their work is practical and beneficial to society.

Psychology isn't real science

>engineers build things
Every engineer I know at my school interns doing retard project management. They fucking copy homework and cram study and forget. How is this ethical and what do they get out of this

Its weird but I used to dislike devils advocate.

I like psychology just not as much as others make it out to be. It was a hot new field. Nowadays its pretty mellow.

Put cream on your sore. Everything is a ripoff.

I’m a business major and I agree. They have no idea how rigorous accounting and finance is. Plus we don’t get a huge curve cause we aren’t retarded like “engineers”. Biggest meme and circlejerk ever

Psh chem major reporting in, I had business major roommates whose classes were a joke, they didn't have class on Fridays because Friday was for "career building" and his finals were all projects. Your major is easy

Faggot at least my projects are actual work. All chem fags do is copy paste chegg and solution manuals. There’s a reason no one hires you fags

O what it used to be memorization. No there is need for Chem. Someone has to wash glass in labs.

>actual work
Kek

The ones who copied cheg fail in the end FYI or are shit tier chemists.

>There’s a reason no one hires you fags
Kek, there is a chemist in just about every sector of industry and I already have a job doing biochemical research

poorfag detected

There is always METHod.

Psychology is for couch faggots that give out hit and miss advice. Mostly by cellar dweller closet serial killers or mother fucked. Engineers are smart as fuck and build shit that has to be correct 99.9% of the time (China , India, parts of America don't comply). You're job means fuck all and the building you work from wouldnt be there if it wasn't for engineers

tl;dr OP is a faggot

I wonder why the fuck you'd want to major in psychology.
Unless you have a career path laid out for you. IE "I'm already offered a place on my masters, then my doctorate".

But to answer your question: logical thinking with numbers is seen as witchcraft.

I'm a sysadmin. Using a terminal on Windows is seen as magic to normies.
Just like doing math and physics in terms of engineering is seen as magic to normies.

Psychology? Not so much until you put it in cases a normie can understand.
Sure, you can sit down with me for about 30 hours over a year and help me cope with autism. Or cope with binge eating. Or whatever.
That's not "psychology" to normies.
"ooh you study psychology? Please, read my mind! Oh and make that guy over there give me free stuff! OH and can you make that hot girl fall in love with me?!"

You see, that's the difference. normies can't into engineering so engineering students are smarter than people who don't know the stuff they know because dumbasses like yourself don't comprehend that society as a whole, fantasizes that engineering math is like rocket science

because we're better than you lmao. what's your "science" based on? is it always right? or is it educated guessing about "ohh you have issues with your father and your mother being a whore has turned you into a huge faggot"? a fucking passing gpa in engg is better than a 4gpa in a baseless, useless degree in psuedo science. Come back when you've done anything of note, created anything worth a dime, or are of any use to society.

Ok mr smarty pants, explain to me some theories of physics and calculus to make a dumbass like me understand.

Solve this problem if v=9.1 m/s what is the acceleration if it traveled a distance of x=9 m for a t of 92.3 seconds and mass is 3 kg

You're a dumbass.
Maily for three reasons: one, you didn't read my post to the point I said I was a sysadmin and assumed that's an engineer - it's not. Two, you believe that even if I were an engineer, I'm also a teacher. Three, you didn't manage to comprehend my explanation using a doman you are familiar with (psychology).

So, please, user, off yourself.

>be human with brain
>able to think already but studies thinking like it's a fucking mystery

Because you do not create. Your craft is of value to the homeless and lazy, to the losers of the world.
And any engineer is worth his weight in gold by comparison simply because they create items of use for the betterment of quality of life for those who would use them.

You have the degree equivalent of a soyboy. An engineer is an alpha by comparison.

You fucking cuck if you were a compsci major you would know how to solve. Fucking simple physics problem you brain let

Okay

All of you engineer faggots can’t even enlighten me by showcasing some engineering skills but instead vomit “we build shit” fucking no wonder your shit is outsourced to pajeets

sysadmin here again
Pajeets "coding" in Java using scripts they get from quora and stackoverflow and pasting it =/= software engineers

I can code a fucking exe to display "lol your hacked" anytime you click your left mouse key to load on start up. That doesn't mean I'm Mark Jewbergstein

Sums it up
A typical psychologist ball bag thinks hes smarter than others because he done a course on human behaviour. Probs wears a fucking tutle neck while he sits the with his little fucking white board markers doing breathing excersise with sum stupid cuck whos only one session away from figuring out this know it all fuck wit has no life experience what the fuck does he know about normal people lol stick your mindfulness up your ass u toffee faggot

Id say build a bridge and get over it but u cant do that haha turtle neck wearing faggot

Prove it by posting code you fuckig cuck. Talk is cheap pajeet

Faggit I bet you can’t solve a static truss problem with the method of joints. You probably can’t solve Cartesian point problems of mass pulley diagrams and draw a proper Fbd for dynamic problems Faaggot

Rigor and different standards.

Electromagnetism example:I have to be able to interpret an arbitrary, imaginary scenario of electric charge, understand the applicable physics, and apply them, then solve using math you've never even seen (or do you spend a lot of time performinh LaPlacian operations with three variables), to have a *chance* of getting a correct answer. And if I'm wrong, there's no partial credit, no "here's a C for trying." I get 0.

In my 2nd midterm back in Circuits I (before lots of people who can't handle EE drop), the class average was 25.

Engineering is fucking hard.

Okay:
[Java Magic Code]
{If user replying to = idiot then post;
else
do not post;]

Congratulations you are a retard. 25/100 so proud you probably can work for Elon you fucking retard. Explain to me control systems and block diagrams. What is a closed loop controller

A feedback system where a controller block (e.g. PID) rests between the plant and the reference (r), taking into account error (e).

Bonus: fp/(1+fp)

Extra Bonus: I got an A in Control Systems, faggot.

>rekt
>kys

WOW faggot nice googled answer *claps* how about you draw the root locus of your dick in your ass

I dont need to do shit like that. Thats your job lol why the fuck would i wanna do that. Does it make u happy? You must be so superior to me. Explain to me how