Do you collect physical media?

Do you collect physical media?

Yes, I like having a physical backup of everything, even if they do take up space.

But do you DVD or Blu-ray?

Those look fucking expensive

Why is life aquatic in the CC

Because they have a hardon for Wes Anderson

I HAD 1000 VHS tapes.

star wars was my fav.
I watched them again and again over and over, then one day me and my mother bumped into Sir Alec "obi wan" giuness.

Sure do

Because it's a good movie famalam

Bluray is pretty op. Black bars are gay though.

>star wars was my fav.
>I watched them again and again over and over, then one day me and my mother bumped into Sir Alec "obi wan" giuness.

I'm probably the only one who actually gets this joke.

Pretty funny user

I like to collect different versions of the same movie

shit like this is just embarrassing

Subtle.

>Looper
>Chappie
>Kill Bill
What was that user thinking?

>I'm probably the only one who gets this reference to something that gets posted all the time

But you could just redownload a file if you lose it.

Paying for media in this day and age is already retarded. This is like advanced stupid.

Especially when it's an Uwe Boll film

No, and the only person I know who collects physical media IRL is an autistic cunt.

all the ghost in the shell stuff on dvd, and arise on blu ray because I'm a retard apparently.

ITT: poorfags

This

Can some user post it please.

How soon you forget

literally just go to his wiki page and hit ctrl+f and type 100.

Yes, if it's cinematically significant or a box set I really like.

I'll stream or torrent generic shit like capeshit and other action films though.

Armageddon is kino brah

Yup, thanks to my job at MSF I met an isolated village in the middle of Bolivia full of people stuck in the XIX century tops.

Every year I come back with 50-100 blue rays & DVD of "classic" movies to play it in the village's church. Everybody loves it, I feel like I changed their lives, like a conquistador showing the natives the magic of the mirror.

I have around 2k movies by now

I sure do. When you have somewhere to put it, it makes all the difference.

3 more, if you want to see it, though I don't have pictures of EVERYTHING. This is just DVD/BR, plus some paraphernalia. I still own a shitton of VHS, much of which is also displayed, but on a different set of shelves.

I wouldn't even had bought this movie one time

no

learn how to set up a home media server

stop living in the past

Not shown, the recently added McCabe and Mrs Miller and Fantastic Planet Criterion BDs.

yeah though cut down a bit

most recent purchase

my other itmfl copies

This.

>Alphabetical order
>ascending
Alerto Autismo!

>Mona Lisa Smile
>Closer
> The Patriot
>Chef
Very odd taste, Satan

Great fucking movie

>ascending
How does that even make sense?

I won't fall for the physical media meme ever again.

Vertically?

>want to buy Magnolia on bluray
>stupid bluray discs are region locked
>Magnolia is 40+ euros where I live

Somebody wake me up

What? The films are ordered alphabetically from A to Z. The picture has been turned 90 degrees.

you realise dvds arent a thing anymore?

blu rays arent region locked?

good time to buy them used desu senpai

Yeah. I get dvds from a pawn store for two dollars each and i have about one hundred really good titles.

>480p

This is a troll thread right?

yes, i have a shitload of dvds and blu rays because a lot of stuff i look for is hard to find or i know i just want a quality copy. that being said, i dont really care for the display aspect of it. in fact, i moved all the dvds i had into paper sleeves and threw out the covers because they took up too much space. even the criterion collections and special box sets. the only one i kept was robotech, and thats because its like 20 discs and it came in a relatively small case that actually holds them all.

Same. It's fun trying to track down all the different versions of a film. Lurking ebay, importing from shady sites. I had a blast trying to track down every version of each Godzilla film.

Yes. There an older pic.

most blu-rays are region free, if not most blu-ray players can play multiple regions

That's not true.

No sorry I don't have autisim

Are Criterion Blu-Rays usually great? t. European who going to buy some

>I only buy films released by the Criterion Collection™

nice photography in film

>he fell for the blu ray meme

Why did it take so long for disc-based media to go from unnecessarily big bulky boxes to more appropriate modern cases?

Only of movies I enjoy/appreciate a lot.

Yes. Criterion was the company that pretty much standardized special editions and having bonus features included with movies. They do their own remasters which are top notch because they actually give a shit.

fedora meme doesn't quite fit that description

fedoras are likely to enjoy capeshit

good thing those are blurays

I want that zatoichi

NAME?

criterion's are usually region a, though. Make sure to get a region abc bluray player or a region a ps3/ps4

Because they have to supplement the more obscure titles with normie indie films to make the company financially viable.

I have more, I just didn't post my full collection

this is very much a liberals room

No, there is no reason at all to

>can get transparent rips
>don't have all the needless intros/logs and ads at the start
>have real subtitle files (srt/ass) instead of shit like vobsub and pgs which cannot be styled (because they are actually images not text files)
>digital media is much better to access, play and sort. Expecially in htpcs running xmbc/plex/whatever
>can have all the extra audio tracks/features as well
>digital don't cost money

>all upsides zero downsides

how's that audio?

The audio isn't encoded (for real rips anyway), it's just muxed in straight from the disc. So identical.

Already reported you to the FBI. Have fun getting fucked up the ass in prison faggot.

London Andrews

people like collecting and for the amount of movies I own, I'd need like 40+ TB of space

>owning movies on anything other than reels of film
>even newer, digital movies

Thin red line was a mistake

>true detective season 2

All the physical media we colleceted almost the past 20 years has accumulated so I just buy digital. I wish I had room for more but not as long as I am still living at home.

Ive seen it at least 3 or 4 times

I can't wait to rebuy all my media in 4K like a good little goy.

What about showing off all my criterion box art to my trendy cinephile friends?

Of course I do. I'm over the age of 20. Anyone who complains that physical media "just takes up space" sounds like an autist or a robot.

>why do people buy games if you can just download them
>why do people buy music if you can just download them
>why do people buy books if you can just download them

It's just autism at work, user.

Whats the point, you can't take it with you when you die.

They need more room than we do for the gelatinous mass they accumulate by never leaving their computers.

There is really no good reason to buy media stored on a digital format in physical form. Your money would be better spent on movie posters.

>popular torrents are always shit quality with no extras
>ditto for streaming
Glad im not poor

What ls the point in anything

Yeah.

Yeah, I have a really humble collection of mostly plebshit as you can see. Can't get Criterion stuff because it's region locked.

I'll give you a point

you got arrow and bbc over there, right?

yes
got a vinyl collection too
i really like having that stuff around me