I need your help Sup Forums. I want to quit smoking so bad right now, but the withdrawals are really bad...

I need your help Sup Forums. I want to quit smoking so bad right now, but the withdrawals are really bad... Can anyone of you recommend substitutes like nicotine chewing gum? I'm a relatively light smokers with an average of 5 cigarettes a day. ANY help or motivation would be greatly appreciated...

>5 cigarettes a day
>withdrawals are really bad
wow... you have no clue what withdrawal is yet lol.
and with that little smoking, you could easily just wean yourself off with a modicum of self-control.

Dude dont be a pussy and go on chantix, I did it, worked fucking great, took it for a month after 7 days I didnt want a cigarette anymore

Everyone cries about the side effects of chantix, none of them have ever taken it, maybe 1-2 weird dreams for me, vs the side effects of smoking for the rest of your miserable and unhealthy life.

Just do it, faggot.

vape cum

Are you so weak you can't stop smoking 5 ciggs a day you should kill yourself!

this will help you quit smoking

I don't even want to imagine what "real" withdrawal must feel like.. The problem is that I used nicotine to cope with my stress and increase my productivity. Thanks user, have you gone through nicotine withdrawal yourself?

Just replace a smoke with something like heroin

Grab your shoes and start running. If the urge comes, run again.

This guy get it.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm gonna try my luck with nicotine gum first to lower my dosage every day till I don't need it anymore.

pick up vaping, I smoked for 2 years, atleast 10 ciggies a day, vaped for ONE week, bam, haven't had a cigarette in 2 months, not even when drunk, it's disgusting.

Easy.

Don't fucking buy them.
Don't bum them off of people. Eventually you'll stop get the hankering.

Worked for me.

Thanks user. I just need to man the fuck up and don't be a pussy about this.
Gonna dump my tobacco in the trash now

Alright, step one is done.

I just takes will power. It's hard but it's really that simple.

Did it help so much because you could gradually lower the dosage? My consider this if the gum doesn't work, thanks.

Ok, I'll try to meditate as well to keep my head clear. Thanks user

It helped because I didn't have any temptation to get a cigarette because I got the nicotine from the vape. One puff from the vape and the temptation to go after a ciggie is goneso. I tried quitting cold turkey countless of times.

Okay, were you a heavy smoker? And are you still vaping?

Decently, 10 ciggies more or less per day, sometimes I could go through a pack a day. No, I don't vape any longer.

That's great user! Did you also experiment with other nicotine products?

Well, I snus(It's big in Sweden where I live, and it doesn't have the same health hazards as cigarettes, a hell of a lot better than the shit you take into your body when you smoke) I don't feel like quitting snus though, just so used to having something under my lip, i'm sure I could if I wanted to, but not right now(sounds like i'm in denial maybe, but that's the way the cookie crumbles ya know

Chantix worked for me. Quit cold turkey after smoking a pack a day or more for 30 years.

It's been over 2 years now, and I still sometimes dream that I started smoking again but so far, it's just been in my dreams

As far as I know snus isn't even legal in Germany, but I tried it a few times and honestly didn't like the taste of it very much. But if it works for you, that's great! How many snus do you take on a daily basis user?

"Snus is commonly sold in the Nordic countries but sale is illegal in all the European Union except Sweden" Fuck EU, holy fuck, cigarettes is legal but snus is not? what fucktards, holy shit, that makes me furious actually, I know soooo many people who has quit smoking through the help of snus. Uhm, maybe 1/3 of a pack(pack contains 20 ish snus, so around 6-7 sometimes more if i'm gaming.) I don't like the taste of it either, I spit them out when they start drooping juices, I usually have them in for like 20-30 minutes.

I'm glad to hear that! I think I can manage it without Chantix.. Quiting cold Turkey must have been almost impossible for you I imagine.. Have you noticed significant health benefits after quitting?

but a 10 pack of snus is considerably cheaper than a 10 pack of cigarettes, I can get a 10 pack for like $20 depending on the brand, I usually buy a brand that costs around $28 for 10 packs which lasts me a while.

Smoking 5 cigarettes a day and saying you are addicted? Please fuck off

Vape, dude.

Five cigarettes per day isn't going to kill you, but it IS gradually damaging your long term health and ability to function efficiently as you get older.

Decide what is more important to you at the moment:

(a) the short term 'buzz' (or whatever) you get from those insidious cigarettes; or

(b) the long term benefits you get from a more healthy lifestyle that will improve your prospects in a few decades time.

You don't need substitutes, you just need self-respect and a resolute desire to enjoy a healthy future for as long as possible.

Switch to spirits and wean yourself off. 4 cigs a day is very little so every week reduce that number by one.

I don't understand that kind of logic either.. It's not like you can't get them here, I'm sure it's pretty easy and back in school a lot of people used to snus during class and teachers didn't really care about it that much.
Have you tried lowering your dose a bit? No doubt, it's "healthier" than cigarettes, but it nevertheless damages your gum in the long term

Yeah, true dat. Yeah, I know it damages my gums, should probably lower the dose tbh I just have the habit of having something under my lip which is the problem, feels so fucking empty without it. Way easier to quit smoking than to quit snusing, but someday i'll get to that too. Right now i'm using snus to not smoke weed which works pretty well.

Just because I'm not smoking a pack a day doesn't mean that I can't be addicted to it. I guess I just got sick of it earlier than most smokers..

Thanks a lot user. I choose b and I'm gonna buy some running shoes later.. I'll just go for a run whenever withdrawals kick in.

Maybe try to substitute that with some candy until you don't need to have something in your mouth to feel normal anymore.

I smoked for about 21 years, but I quit 4 years ago. I did gum for about 2 months, then just stopped, and I haven't thought about smoking since.

Vape with low/no nicotine.
That or just quitting cold turkey and pushing through the cravings are your only options.
And avoid alcohol.

I have no problem with going without a cigarette for a couple of weeks if I can't afford tobacco, I've been smoking since I was 8 years old and I'm 31 in a few weeks... but alcohol is always the downfall if I've chosen to quit smoking.

My best advice is gum. Normal mint gum.
Not any nicotine crap it taste like shit and will only prolong your suffering.

SUBSTITUTE THAT WITH DICK

I WENT FROM NICOTINE ADDICT TO COCK ADDICT AND CONSUME LIFE GIVING SPERM INSTEAD OF KILLING TOBACCO

I know it's gay, but I used vaping to quite smoking, I was a two pack a day smoker for 10 years and started vaping about a year ago. I started at 3mg of nicotine and lowered the amount a bit at a time until I was at 0mg. I havent touched a cigarette since I started vaping and I really only vape when I drive now because it was next to impossible to break the oral habit because I drive for a living.