How do you re-name your film files?

How do you re-name your film files?

I do as: Title (Director, Year)

Because... Don't tell me you don't re-name them at all, right?

i don't rename them at all

Title (year)

Checked

i watch and delete it immediately. life is short fham

I do it by year, I used to do it by name but the word 'The' triggers me

Title [Year]

Title (Year)
or
Title (Year) [definition]
plus sometimes group them in a file named after the director if I have more than 5-6 of him, or in a file name after the franchise if there is a sequel

dank user!!!!

What's the point of putting the years? The only reason to do that is when two or more films have the same title.

Year - Title

I download in batches then delete when finished. No point adding any extra information, if I download a film I know who directed it. Only have the year so they're sorted chronologically

literally the opposite
(Year) Title

everything organized by year
my folders are genres like Anime, Drama, Fantasy, Scifi, Western-Period Piece etc

Organizing alphabetically is shit to me, looks like shit, feels like shit. organizing by year like

also provides i never forget what hear most films come out and its just as easy to scroll

I use Media Centre Manager. does to and movies semi automatically and is very customisable

Nice Quads and also fuck you
I just put the Title and if it's a TV show I put the Episode -- into a folder with the name of the show

I don't know why I do it, I just do. It might have something to do with the torrent files always having the year in it as well so I just keep it and remove all the other useless shit lite dots or the resolutions and shit.

Title(Year)

if needed:

Title-cut(Year)

Renaming them would ruin the standardized naming scene developed by the Scene that is so perfect in every way.

If anything, I'll rename non-scene downloads to scene naming standards.

periods are the new spaces. fuck your autism.

Title (Year) [Director]

/this

It's also easier in case i want to re-download it later in higher res, subtitles or anything related.

Just neat to have it that way. Sometimes I forget which exact year the film came out and you can also search for a specific year or sort the movie by time that way

I usually delete the movies. I only "collect" the classics or other movies I know, I will watch again

bümp

(XXXX) Filename

Year is a better sorter

Nice get you savage

Uniformity and it's always good to know the year a film was made.

Also some programs use the year and name to look up metainfo

>first letter of movie title
>third and fifth letter if applicable
>year production of the movie started
>middle name of director (if director does not have a middle name, movie isn't worth watching to begin with)
>third billed cameraman's last name

>Director
Most of the time I dont really care about that

Title (year)

I watch films from all decades

You don't rename files; that's retarded. You keep the file name with important info like group, and file ID and put the file, and cover or poster art, in a folder.

Fucking stupid ass redditors, dude.

Calm down Reddit

>cover or poster art

sup reddit.

This, but without the cover. I include the .nfo though

Now this is autism

why?
You can gain all that info from the movie file

mostly habit. when i started saving the movies i liked i used video players that didnt offer me all these information comfortably, and i kind of sticked to it. plus i like the nfo art.

Film Title, The (year)/original release name.ext

I dont have autims, so i dont rename them. They're already named by title when i download them.

I have them as Title [Year].

[Year] Title is probably better though desu. Alphabetical sorting isn't very useful.

That said, is probably right.
The original release filename can be useful. I regret not having done that, for my previous files, maybe I'll start doing that in the future.

Title
don't give a shit about other info

who /plex/ here?

not op clearly, fucking pleb nigger faggot

>The original release filename can be useful
For what?

If you ever need subs at some point. Probably other stuff.

Its nice if you want to look up which source was used if you are looking for a different cut.

what an idiot.

you don't have to rename the entire file thats why you just insert the (Year) first

alright. gotcha. makes sense

[Circle Name (Artist Name)] Jap Title | English Title (Translation?) (Uncensored?)

Fuck scanlation group or release event tags.

>needing subs
>not getting 18-34gb rips so its obvious

yes
no

no no

Folder
---Title [Year]
File
---Title.mkv

Plex adds all the other useful info about the file or encoding details.

Release group and all that other stuff is utterly worthless and just plain ugly.

Title_starring_leadactor_director_year_bitrate_format_rippedby_visit_website.com_for_more_dank_rips.extension

I do the same format, but if a series of movies has 3 or more movies I'll put them in one folder. Also if a movie is a spinoff of a TV show I put it in the folder with the TV show

Most of the time I just use some streaming site

Alphabetical by director and then by year.

YIFY bless you my son

Yall motherfuckers need to rethink your organizing

>not getting 18-34gb rips so its obvious
how do you want to know which cut it is based on the filesize?

If it's something I'm keeping I just rename it title - year

Original Title (English Title) [Year]

this also works for movies that changed their names:
>Hard Eight (Sydney) [19xx]

Not for me – I'll get the subs immediately if I need them – but if I want to watch the films at a later time with someone else who doesn't speak the film's language (or at least not well) I'm going to need subs

I stopped doing this after getting into russian and japanese movies

That's the way I have it now, except I only use folders if I have subtitle files as well. If it's only a video file I'll have the video file as Title [Year].ext but I have the extensions hidden in my collection folder, so it looks the same as other folders.

Title (Director) [Protagonist Actor Name] (Year) : Runtime (Original spoken language)

>all subtitles aren't internal
>extensions hidden at any point
>mix and match of organization styles

kys

Filebot is goat

Why the fuck would I do that? I'm just going to watch them once and then delete them shortly after.

I usually put YIFY at the end for more (you)s when I post the vlc screenshot.