Ask a molecular biologist with experience in stem cell biology anything

Ask a molecular biologist with experience in stem cell biology anything.

How close are we to having the technology to repair/regrow our telomeres?

Do you think the eucaryotes evolved from archaea or bacteria?

What are you currently working with?

Can we reverse the aging process

is pineapple an acceptable pizza topping?

It already exists, just not for the general public, which btw, is a weaker product than what rich people will be able to get.
You will live longer, but rich people will livr even longer.
We are worried about overpopulation too, so there has to be limits in place.

What is your favorite carbohydrate?

What is in that picture?

hESCs, iPSCs, or mESCs?

Have you tried LSD or mushrooms?

How angry does it make you when I spell cheesecake as cheececace

Replacement teeth. When that hapnin'?

I don't think that speculation is true at all. The medicine and technology divide between the ultra rich and the common person keeps getting smaller and smaller. I currently own a better smartphone than the President of the United States. The richest celebrities and monarchs keep dying of diseases that average people manage to heal from.

OP here. Overexpression of telomerase and hTERT is already possible in vitro and in simple model organism. The question is rather what the effect will be.

We are pretty sure that that mitochondria and chloroplasts are of bacterial origin. What the other partner in the fusion was and whether or not it could have been Archea is not fully known.

I'm outside of science at the moment.

The aging process is a shitload of different phenomena from different sources. So in it's entirety, no. There are issues we are increasingly able to address.

No. Fuck you.

>mitochondria and ....
So... we'll be able to use The Force, IRL, soon?

can we make something that never existed before?

In regards to your first answer, unregulated telomerase/hTERT overexpression will likely lead to cancer

Can you explain why viruses aren't organisms and how they came to exist?

Mouse brain with randomly expressed fluorescent proteins in neurons (Brainbow, Livet et al.)

I actually mainly worked with adult stem cells in tissue regeneration. Used iPSCs for some in vitro differentiation studies.

No.

Not very.

How do you go about proving to people Africans are inferior?

How screwed is this guy?

Would you open wide to allow Andy Sixx's creamy corn-cobbled shit-scepter take a slidding journey down your fucking throat?

That's one of the issues. It is no accident of nature that human cells lose their telomeres.

Viruses aren't organisms because we define organisms as having a molecular machinery complex enough to maintain homeostasis, metabolism, adapt to stimuli etc. Viruses are just everything needed for mere self-replication packed in a shell. But it is still controversial and very definition-based whether viruses should be considered life.

>Viruses are just everything needed for mere self-replication packed in a shell.
Very interesting! So, basically,virii are the niggers of the micro-organism world.

If we hosed them down with Interferon would that reduce crime in the inner cities?

You have to eat a shitload of almonds to poison yourself.

Are there avenues of research you find unethical (i.e. creation of artificial life, chimaera of human and animals, etc.)?

cringing

What about LSD?

Yes.

Thanks for the response professor user. Have a good day :)

When it comes to artificial life / synthetic biology, the problem is rather linked to containment.

I am ethically ambivalent towards modification of human embryos since it could biologically manifest class divisions.

I mean, what do you think about it?

If stem cells can become any other kind of cell, can they be used for penis enlargement?

Pluripotent stem cells can become any cell in the body and we probably could generate all the tissues found in a penis. However, complex structures, tissues and organs are created in a very complex developmental process which is still hard to mimic artificially.

When can we expect to be able to grow limbs using stem cells

I had my right temporal lobe removed and right hippocampus

Can i regrow brain tissue with stem cells?

containment? like it might be too dangerous so keeping it contained in a super cool Mewtwo-like chamber with breathing tubes and such? STFU you larping faggot

We are still very far away from that. I think robotic prosthesis has much more potential.

No.

No. It's more about not flushing your newly designed bacterial strain down the toilet.

Just answer my fucking question, or are you a logless shill faggot?

Can you explain to me the maintain of oxygen homeostasis through the activity of hypoxia-inducible factors?

how hard was it to learn your job

Because of the distinction between muscle hyperplasia and hypertrophy, bodybuilders are starting to realise the limitations of their endeavours. Your opinion on using stem cells in bodybuilding to achieve muscle hyperplasia (in stead of using HGH)?

HIFs are transcription factors which induce the expression of certain sets of genes. The concentration of HIF in the cells is a steady state of HIF production and HIF degradation. Since HIF degradation requires oxygen, it occurs less effectively in hypoxic cells meaning that the levels of HIF start to rise which leads to the expression of HIF downstream genes. These genes help cells cope with an hypoxic environment: the unregulated anaerobic energy production, lead to the formation of additional blood vessels etc.

do you think it will be possible to give animals enough intelligence to speak basic words and sentences like fluffies in the near future? if not, what are the complications in doing so?.

There were some preliminary clinical studies on stem cell replace in muscle wasting diseases and they were rather disappointing. The problem is that only very very few muscle stem cells actually migrate into the muscle and contribute to the stem cell pool.

A better approach might be to use drugs to manipulate the stem cell niche which regulates the ratio of stem cells and differentiated cells.

>bioLOGist

Hi Op,

There are drugs ( for treatment of cancer) which increase the production of and release of stem cells into the blood. Do you think this could be ( or is ) used to improve the wellbeing of some individuals and encourage the body to heal? Why or why not? Also how old are you and how long it took you to study ?

What kind of stem cells? There are more and less differentiated cells in the adult human body but there no pluripotent stem cells as we imagine them. If you suddenly have more hematopoetic stem cells in the blood stream, it would not have any effect on any other tissue.

don't you have your own fucking thread to go to? seriously, get lost cancer faggot.

Fellow scientist here, i have a degree in sociology.

this my thread now whiteboi

I'm a fecular scatologist with experience in throat-shit fartology

Have you ever fantasized about choking on Andy Sixx's warm coil?

why is bill nye such a faggot now?

I WANT TO TAKE HIS FUCKING WARM COIL DONE MY FUCKING THROAT

Why is he so powerful? What is his endgame?

yes I meant hematopoetic stem cells,if it is as you say, that infact they won't affect other tissues- how come they are shown to improve the wellbeing of HIV, cancer & immune disease patients ? How does that work ? thanks

i agree, it would rather be a complete division if there was one.

i agree, for example David Rockerfeller, the guy was clearly afraid of something and underwent 7 successful heart transplants. the only thing dividing medicine and technology between the elite and the public is money.

Do you work on government or company? What benefits?

In all of these cases, we have a dysfunction or loss of cells which are usually produced by HSCs. So of course, increasing the pool of HSC would lead to a replacement of the cells bodies with theses disease lack. But if your immune cell or blood cell pool is normal, HSC supplementation wouldn't help (and likely harm).

I'm not employed in either academic or industrial science atm. Currently looking for a job.

What lead you to choose this path ? what career are you looking at ? Do you want to start your own lab? How much do you expect to get paid? Have you run any interesting research / experiments?

are you black?

also what is that picture that you attached?

what do you think about lsd and mushrooms?

>What lead you to choose this path ?

After my last postdoc position ran out of funding, I figured that my chances for some tenure track or faculty position were rather low. So I began applying full time for industry jobs. That was a year ago.

So yeah, my career opportunities look rather bleak.

Thanks my dude

what's your favourite color?

Ultramarin.

>tenure track or faculty position
Are you in US or EU? Have you done any internships ? I would be willing to help source new "prospects" and perhaps give some tips on cv, although I haven't got that much experience with academic ones.

>Ultramarin
or blue.
jeez ur a fag

I'm in the EU. And I haven't done internships.

excellent. UK here so not eu soon lel. I have a discord if you wanna join. I think I would be able to help you, if not me then maybe someone I know. if you wanna join reply and tell me ur nick...
discord invite: JGeqVv

cure for Parkinson's when?