Was shakespeare a cuckold?

Was shakespeare a cuckold?

>Upon a time when Burbage played Richard the Third there was a citizen grew so far in liking with him, that before she went from the play she appointed him to come that night unto her by the name of Richard the Third. Shakespeare, overhearing their conclusion, went before, was entertained and at his game ere Burbage came. Then, message being brought that Richard the Third was at the door, Shakespeare caused return to be made that William the Conqueror was before Richard the Third.

Possibly. But one thing we know for sure is that he was definitely a faggot.

King Lear, Macbeth and Coriolanus are his best works

"Shakespeare" didn't exist.

Except Hamlet beats everything ever written in the history of mankind, and Othello is better than Macbeth, sure.

Shakespeare didn't write the works we think he did, it was Sir Francis Bacon.

How could a poor man in Stratford-upon-Avon know about Venice, ancient Rome, be educated in English enough to invent words and write verse the way he did?

One thing I like about this new language testing thing at Cambridge (the software that recently identified Marlowe as a co-author of Henry IV) is that it's going to demolish all the juvenile conspiracies for ever. I just hope Derek Jacobi lives long enough to see his retarded theories conclusively and scientifically discounted. Shakespeare-deniers truly and utterly BTFO.

what did he mean by this?

nah

The practice of having Othello be black dates from the 19th century I believe. Prior to that he was portrayed as an arab, which is reasonable since moors aren't actually black.

It's not about language, it's about what an uneducated peasant from nowhere, England could have known and achieved.

Maybe because knowledge of the classics had already been transferred years before by the Byzantine Greeks to Italy and the printing press enabled information to disseminate rapidly.

Not that I believe this, but his daughter didn't even know how to read or write.

What about detailed contemprary knowledge of Venice one could only acquire by visiting it?

Well i don't know. In Italy in the century preceding Shakespeare, many great works were rediscovered and significant libraries (of all things) were assembled. maybe shakespeare viewed art, had contacts and read extensively

Merchant of Venice was literally the most redpilled play of all time.

Yeah, exactly. There are a lot of things that are suspect about the man from Stratford upon Avon, but ignoring the conspiracies and all that good fun, it's interesting to see how defensive people get about the whole thing when there are little facts about his authenticity to begin with. What "facts" people cling to are all pretty much conjectures.

If hypothetically speaking Shakespeare were to be beyond any doubt outed as a fraud it would have enormous repercussions, almost like telling someone satna clause isn't real.

>If hypothetically speaking Shakespeare were to be beyond any doubt outed as a fraud it would have enormous repercussions

I don't think so. It would change a few things, add a topic to classes, but it wouldn't be enormous at all. The plays, their stories, characters and poetry, have already left their mark on literary history and western conciousness. Homer's epics are now widely believed to be mangled and riddled with additions over time, but they're still being read by common readers in the usual way.

this

Don't make yourself scabs with your plebian opinion. Go, get home you faggot.

No, he wasn't. Stop this meme.

Stop this meme, too.

Also, stop this one.

He wasn't an uneducated peasant from nowhere, England.

That's not true. It's a meme spread by deniers.

I'd love definitive proof he was a fraud/didn't exist/was really the earl of oxford/whatever. Fact is there is none.

This is the worst meme.

moors was a general term used first for muslims then it expanded to anybody with darkskin

All your replies are "no". Why don't you substantiate your claims?

So he wasn't a poor man born in Stratford-upon-Avon? Where did he get educated? How did he afford it? How did he gain access to the wealth if classical and historical knowledge needed to write all those works?

Everyone likes cheering for the underdog, but to write those works he needed a very good education.

All of which requires considerable wealth for those times. He could afford to read and write, rather than work 10hours a day to support himself.

>All your replies are "no". Why don't you substantiate your claims?

Okay. I've got some time. It can be a long conversation, if you're actually interested.

>So he wasn't a poor man born in Stratford-upon-Avon? Where did he get educated? How did he afford it? How did he gain access to the wealth if classical and historical knowledge needed to write all those works?

No, he wasn't a wealthy noble, but he certainly wasn't as "poor" as deniers make him out to be.

John Shakespeare was the son of a farmer, yes, but he married an Arden. The Arden's were a Gentry family. They were well born and of the high class in the region. John himself was a successful glover and leather worker. We have records of his real estate purchases. He was definitely not poor. For example, he was in a position to loan out the equivalent of £50,000. And that's just the figure he got caught for. What "poor" person do you know of that would be able to just loan out £50,000?

He got elected in local politics many times, eventually reaching the equivalent position of a modern mayor.

Yeah, he fell on hard times, for a variety of reasons, but he wasn't "poor" and had a ton of local contacts.

>Everyone likes cheering for the underdog, but to write those works he needed a very good education.

Listen, this is where the classists really show their face. They're always quick to point out that he'd need a good education, but they never, ever, ever ask how the hell a high born nobleman was able to know the slang and the street and the poor of the age? Which Shakespeare was also an expert in. It's just as improbable for a nobleman to know as it was for who they claim Shakespeare was to know the other side.

To add to your point, the idea that he needed an education to write so well is provable bullshit.

Herman Melville matched Shakespeare's script with only his own obsessive reading

Iago was a cuckold, why would he spend so much time obsessing over the idea that Othello might have fucked his wife behind his back.

Thank you for that reply. I didn't know these things.

I guess I just wanted the 'conspiracy' to be true because it adds drama to the story.

How was access to libraries and books in those times? Would he have to travel to London? Did Shakespeare labor, or was his work in the theater and therefore he could've spent time in the arts?