Possession (1981)
The Lost Boys
The Blob (1958)
Troll 2
Plan 9 from outer space
Salem's lot
Sleepaway Camp 2
The Host (2006)

I enjoy watching a little bit of everything, from new horror films to some silly ones, any other recs?

I like Cloverfield and Green Romm so I'm gonna check out your list

Don't like slasher films with shitty effects though if that's what you mean by silly

Blood Rage was fun. Also, Pieces and The Mutilator if you haven't seen them. Essential 80s slasher joints

did paranormal activity kill the modern horror movie industry?

how tf

Fright Night is one of my personal favorite. It's just the right mix of scares, fun, and 80's cheese.

Plus, I love watching stuff revolving around classic monsters on Halloween.

I'm expecting this hidden gem to be the star of my marathon this year.

Give it a watch if you're into horror comedies.

how's the score? synth-y?

Of course

youtube.com/watch?v=4yo81W7ArZg

That and lots of 80's pop

Have you watched the movies? They're about as bare-bones as you can get.

if you dont like cheap there is a lot on my list, its a mix of genres so watch a trailer or something before checking this out

thank you! i will give it a go

I'm more shocked at how much they pulled in although I only saw the first one

Within the first two posts, you guys already listed everything I intend to watch this Halloween.

Might also try the Forest and 28 Days Later. Are they any good?

Worldwide for 5 flicks sounds about right.

Only 1-3 are even remotely good, though.

You need to make watching The Thing a top priority. You will not regret it.

>The Forest

DO NOT WATCH. So bad

Just watched Black Mountain Side after an user recommended it. Pretty solid film.

I've watched Halloween and TCM for the first time this month. TCM was good but fuck man, Halloween was great. Probably gonna watch II tonight.

This. The Forest was absolute dogshit.

>ctrl+f It Follows
>0 results
Good.

tried to watch it yesterday and couldn't make it more than 5 minutes

I like It Follows, but it's not a "halloween" kind of movie.

Read the plot. Sounds like a semi-decent flick ruined by the tweeeest.

Alright I'll watch it tonight

You'll love it. Some of the shit in The Thing still fucks me up. Plus Kurt Russell is bad ass

>kino
Stop.

The best Halloween movies are campy 80s horrors.

Why was the actress nominated for "worst actress" when she was basically playing a rather realistic portrayal of an easily startled, psychopathic girl?
I found her hugely annoying, but that was more the character portrayal. Huge fucking cunt who screams, a lot.

Horror comedies are the only good kind of horror.

Pure kino

Most people don't know what good acting actually is. They don't want accuracy. They want a "performance" which most of the time is over-the-top and retarded.

Downloaded Final Girls. Sounds fun.

I don't want to color your expectations without your consent, so read the spoilers at your own risk:

It's complete dogshit past the first 15 minutes, which are pleasantly reminiscent of a strong mushroom trip.

In case you haven't. Some of the best slapstick gore.

Great choice. You'll love it

are you taking the razzies seriously? half their nominations are just attention whoring or jokes otherwise the entire show would just be mean.

Recommend me some good horror that is barely mentioned on Sup Forums and is easy to find torrents of.

Never paid attention to it, just seen that she was nominated as "worst actress"

This. One of my favourite films in general, great fun, so many memorable scenes. Replay value is fantastic. Hard to believe that anyone gave him the opportunity to direct Lord of the Rings (see Meet the Feebles, etc.).

The Witch is pretty good for Halloween in my opinion. It feels very fall to me. Maybe it's just because I grew up in New England so the setting is exactly what it feels like during Halloween time here but it's still a great movie anyway.

This list is good enough for me.

It's fantastic, enjoy. If you enjoy it and want the same thing but more anarchic, try out Detention (2012), Dude Bro Party Massacre 3 (2015), and Kill Me Now (2012). All great, wild meta-slashers

>The Thing
Stopped reading there. Its a good movie but not a good Halloween movie.

Leave hallokino to me

Yea I have already watched it. Thomasin a qt

Anyone got a download? Can't find it on piratebay

i have one going on rarbg but its slow af

how slow?

>Stopped reading at the last entry.
Well that's good.

I'm sure most things I could say will have been covered already:
>Night of the Demon (1957, AKA Curse of the Demon)
>Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983)
>Fright Night (1985, may not be strictly Halloween but evokes many of the themes of the holiday)
>The Monster Squad (1987, same as above)
>Ghostwatch (1992)
>The Halloween Tree (1993)
>Hocus Pocus (1993)
>Monster House (2006)
>Trick 'r Treat (2007)
>ParaNorman (2012, also not strictly Halloween, but as before, very Halloween themes)
>WNUF Halloween Special (2013, probably my least favorite on the list but VHS comfiness)
>Tales of Halloween (2015, I prefer Trick 'r Treat but it has more stories and that same EC Comics level of fun you'll also find in TrT, Creepshow, or Trilogy of Terror)

>Can't find it on piratebay
Somehow I find that hard to believe, it's a beloved modern classic.

Might be the fucked up name
I searched Trick 'r Treat

15-30kB/s ,ETA 2d 17h

fuck that

ya i cancelled that one and started a yify with mad sizzeeds

28 days later is fucking great

Return of the Living Dead

Kino

Add 28 days later and The Shining and you're good to go

>10 Cloverfield Lane
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CALLED CLOVERFIELD

Blair Witch is only a good Halloween movie if you're a kid in the late 90s / early 2000s who lives in the woods and thinks it's real. That shit shook me as a 11 year old because I lived right in the kind of woods like they showed in the movie and I could see myself walking through them one day and seeing stick figures hanging from trees. There was also a fake documentary they aired on TV about the legend of the blair witch and there was one drawing of the witch that scared the shit out of me, I would look out my window and my imagination would see her looking at me from the woods.

Why not it got some pretty meta connections to Cloverfield

youtube.com/watch?v=AOA1Q7GdIeI
8:20