Star Trek thread

Star Trek thread

ITT: we discuss series, favorite episodes, movies, and who we would cast if they remade the Star Trek series

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EuTevxL3rs
youtube.com/watch?v=n6NPq_kPSUM
youtube.com/watch?v=734jRPvLTLk&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was hoping they would have Spock as emperor of the Terran Empire, but Emperor Georgiou is pretty cool

Frame of Mind, loved it so much I did a song about it.

new series idea:

The Q Continuum
members of the Q continuum visit planets and ships in the Star Trek universe. maybe get Levar Burton, Jonathan Frakes, and Marina Sirtis to direct some episodes. Levar Burton did some cool stuff with Klingons in an episode of DS9 he directed

please post song if you feel like it

I concur.

youtube.com/watch?v=6EuTevxL3rs

some of my favorite episodes

Seasons one and two of TOS
Darmok
Inner Light
Face of the Enemy
Best of Both Worlds
Yesterday's Enterprise
Parallels
Past Tense
the last season of DS9
Carbon Creek
the Mirror Universe two part story arc in Enterprise

Discovery is good, but none of the episodes have made it to my favorites yet

noice

I want to know what the Federation would do on first contact with these guys.

a Q Continuum series could visit all of the series, since the Q can travel in time

that way you could have episodes that feature ships and crews from other series

Voyager doesn't deserve the shade.

I think in the next series, we need a larger-breasted counselor.

Who Watches the Watchers

Riker or Kirk would have sex with them
Voyager would steal all their technology and then the series would forget them
DS9 would study their religion and only get along with the clergy
STD would try to get along with them, but end up fighting them
Enterprise would have meaningful contact, but then there would be a twist to explain why there is no record of contact with the species

Well, we've had that, and klingons, and vulcans, and a human borg, we about a large breasted engineer?

I talked a lot of shit about Discovery, but the last 3 episodes have brought the series to a watchable level. I'm actually looking forward to where they're taking the show. I suspect they actually listened to the criticism.

whos who of quality eps

id put yesterdays ent first tho
swap darmok and innter light
YOU FORGOT DESCENT p1 and 2
and THE DRUMHEAD
parallels didn't light my fire

The DS9 episode where Jake spends his life trying to figure out how to save his dad only to realize he has to die to do it. That was a real good one.

Here in my garage with my pasta linguini, but you know what I like more than pasta linguini? Macaroni. That's why I bought 7 new cupboards and filled them with over 2,000 new Kraft macaroni and cheese boxes. It's like the master chef Betty Crocker said, "the more you eat, the more you pasta." Now maybe you've seen my ted ex talk where I talk about how I eat a box of mac and cheese a day. You know, I eat a box of mac and cheese once a day not to show off, again it's about the pasta. In fact, the real reason I keep this pasta linguini isn't to show off. It's a reminder that wet noodle dreams are still possible. Not long ago, I was in a little town across the country, eating spaghetti scrap from an italian restaurant dumpster, no culinary arts degree to my name. But you know what, something happened that day that changed my life. I bumped into our lord and savior, the flying spaghetti monster, hallowed be his name. He showed me what he did to become a true pasta lord. Now this isn't a "get pasta quick scheme". I'm not promising you that tomorrow you're gonna go out and buy yourself some pasta linguini, but what I am telling you is, it can happen faster than you think if you know the proven steps. So, I record a little two minute video on my website. Not too impressive, like I said, it's on my iphone, but it's real. So, I'm gonna give you the three most important things you can do today. Invest in macaroni. Always start your pasta cooking with a rolling boil. Don't be a crooked noodle.

Black Orange reporting for duty sir.

it is only logical

one of the great things about TNG is Troi and Crusher were extremely capable and still feminine. Voyager had two badass women, Janeway and Seven, but they were written as being capable because they were not feminine. and they seemed more interesting and capable because the rest of the crew were poorly developed as characters

my take on it is Voyager isn't really Star Trek. Star Trek is about using diversity to overcome challenges. Voyager overcame challenges either by ignoring the prime directive, or in the episodes where the prime directive mattered they overcame challenges using stole borg tech

i would like to see a character like Troi who is a science officer or engineer. big boobs, big butt, and in touch with her emotion. the only female engineer was in Voyager, and she was pretty masculine because she was half-klingon. Jolene Blalock played the most feminine science or engineering female main character, and she had no emotions

If you count Abrams Into Bromance the movie, Carol Marcus was feminine and a science officer. that might not count, Kirk accepted her as a science officer because she's hot, not because of her science credentials

My "ratings" and then I'll join in on discussion.
The Shows:
Discovery is crap.
Enterprise was crap.
TOS was ok.
Voyager was really good.
I haven't seen DS9 yet.
TNG was fucking amazing.

TOS movies:
The The Motion Picture was shit.
The Wrath of Khan was ok.
The Search for Spock meh.
The Voyage Home was fun and new, but meh.
The Final Frontier what the fuck?
The Undiscovered Country was fucking incredible.

TNG movies:
Star Trek Generations haven't seen it.
First Contact was really good.
Insurrection was not as good as First Contact.
Nemesis was meh.

The Abrams "reboot" movies are good for action, but just doesn't fit right. Fuck them.

U.S.S. Nonepear reporting. Standard orbital approach, Mr Redshirt.

Aqua Sub?

Nude Moonshine

has a ring to it

U.S.S. Red Plaid Chili Reporting in

The U.S.S Bluesoup.

The Wand Company Star Trek phaser universal remote and bluetooth communicator handset.
Do I qualify for full trek geek status?

Wut dis?

Precipitor of Gene Deadandburied spinning in his grave.

ITT we talk about

"The Riker Maneuver"

In "Insurrection" when Geordi actually calls Rikers maneuver where he dumps the Warp Core "the Riker Maneuver" do you think that was fan service or do you think it was just coincidence?

some movies and series should be judged in the context of the time they were made and the impact they had on popular culture

for example, Star Wars created the modern blockbuster movie and changed US culture (watch the episode of Netflix's The Toys that Made Us if you want to see some of SW cultural impact)

that said, ST the Motion Picture sucks donkey ball sweat because it was like ten years after Star Wars. it had a lame story and lame special effects

Wrath of Khan is great because if it hadn't been successful, that might have been the end of Star Trek movies

Search for Spock is good imo, it was more about the characters and their relationship dynamics than about action

Voyage Home is maybe the best Star Trek movie

Star Trek V the Search for God was pretty bad

VI was awesome, a nice sendoff to the TOS crew

Generations was pretty good

First Contact is the other contender for best Star Trek movie

the other TNG movies were pretty meh, they were weaker than about 70% of the TNG episodes

Star Trek (2009) is great, it recaptured what oldfags love about the series but it was more acttion, so it could being in a new generation of fans

Into Bromance was fun, I think Abrams should have gone further with the Wrath of Khan remake. I would have liked to see more creative freedom for JJ, it felt like studio interference made it halfway a remake and halfway a not-remake. the half-assed remake part didn't really work

Beyond makes Voyager look great by comparison. Star Trek is about using diversity to overcome challenges, Beyond was about Chris Pine riding a motorcycle with classic rock playing

Not unless you own an original prop from one of the sets. hehehe you have no fucking clue on how difficult they are to get. Sir fucking Patrick Stewart couldn't even buy a uniform himself.

i think it was fan service. Riker never met a chair he didn't want to teabag, and he never met an alien he didn't want to riker

I like darth vader

Better hook a dynamo up to dat boi.

You really should watch DS9, dude. My second favorite after TNG.

They used the best of the last "hero" props to make these. They were laser scanned and are 100% accurate in size and shape. The best part is, they're really cheap compared to the replica props that don't do anything, and they're far more accurate.

The best cosplay replicas cost $300 and up and they're all wrong in some major way.

Fun, useless trivia- the original communicator was made from a plastic 1960s pencil box.

U.s.s tartan curdled alfredo linguini reporting for duty, sir

Does anyone else suffer from the Pon Farr?

Also if Harry Potters first wand at Ollivanders is so special, and Olivander remembers all wands he ever sold and "the wand choses the wizard" wouldnt your second wand be really shit? I mean its not different from using ANY wand now?

inb4 Deus Ex Elder Wand

U.S.S. Black Chocolate

Set phasers to "disappoint"

> never met an alien he didn't want to riker

Literally kek.
Fucking underrated as well.

The people on /b said I can see the bridge of my old ship show it to me! The NCC1701 No bloody A, B C, D, or E

He proved it too. Data is my favorite character.

Genuine Canadian war hero. Flew over Normandy on D-day.
May that glorious bastard rest in peace.

TNG Who watches the watchers. My word, Picard is firing on all cylinders in this one. "You're asking me to sabotage that achievement? To send them back to ages of superstition, fear, NO!"

youtube.com/watch?v=n6NPq_kPSUM

The guys at Trekyards did some 3D renderings of the Discovery Defiant based on the wireframe we saw last week.

youtube.com/watch?v=734jRPvLTLk&t=0s

Data's Day is honestly my favorite episode of all trek (keep in mind ive not seen most of TOS and DS9, and ive seen none of Discovery yet)

Other great episodes include:

House Of Quark

That episode i forgot the name of where data had a child

That other episode i forgot the name of where Dr. Phlox was the only person awake aboard the enterprise as it passed through an anomoly

Tapestry

Come to Quark's!
Quark's is fun!
Come right now!
Don't walk, RUN!

>Data's Day is honestly my favorite episode of all trek
Isn't that the one where O'Brien's getting married, but his gook fiancee cunts it all up? How could that be your favorite, even Data can't save it with his narration.

What's the one were everyone loses some time and Data is acting suspiciously? Some aliens were forcing him to play along with their charade...

Its because I love Data's character and seeing him react to everything, it seems really genuine and kinda relatable.

U.S.S Brown Shit reporting for duty

USS Paisley Stouffer's Grandma's Cheesy Chicken Rice Bake.

I like how when Sela shows up, Data constantly subtly reminds her that he boned her mom

Garak is one of my favorites. the running story arcs for characters worked really well in DS9. Data had a series long quest to be more human in TNG, but there weren't any DS9 season long story arcs

new series idea- three episode story arcs for characters from the other series. even Voyager, the characters had potental but the writing sucked