/cfb/ - Make Ole Miss Great Again edition

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_programs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the Gamecucks

I'm surprised you still show your face around these parts.

SOON

It's our year

will OSU outrecruiting you be a problem?
how many wins are we going for this year?

4 with 2 in the Big 12

wrong sport

Make The Big XII 12 Again™

Save the Big 12, save the world

Is the NCAA as bad as the NFL? I fucking hate the NFL, including but not limited to them trying to cover up the long term health effects of the sport. I love football the sport and would gladly switch over to the cfb as the few games I have seen have been pretty fun

>BYU

Kill yourself

On the whole, no.

I like this just for being geographically correct.

I don't think the NCAA was as bad as the NFL about it. However, NCAA definitely should have introduced concussion protocol and other protections earlier than they did.

NCAA would be smacked with way more lawsuits than the NFL, except for a few reasons:
>NFL has deeper pockets than NCAA
>NFL careers are typically longer, and the worst CTE effects come from a long career in the pros vs 2-4 years in college
>Just a guess - players are more hesitant to sue the NCAA since it might be perceived as hurting their Alma Mater

Morally, no.

Talent wise, obviously it's much worse.

There are more blowouts in CFB.

However, with 129 FBS teams, there is always a good game to watch. Even during weekdays.

Upsets are also a bigger deal in CFB, which is why the memes from them last forever.

BYU has more natties than every XII school except Texas and Oklahoma.

BYU lost 4 games in 2016.

By a combined 8 (eight) points.

They could easily have gone undefeated. Expect the Latter Day Saints to make their case for the NY6 soon.

Reminder that 1984 BYU was the least deserved """"""""national title"""""""" of all time.

>not that guy by the way

>Dat regionality

makes me erect

Imagine if in 2007 12-0 Hawaii had barely beaten 6-6 Alabama in the PapaJohns.com Bowl and finished ranked #1.

That's what 1984 BYU did.

Ignore the natty, then.

They're still among the most well-recognized national brands with deep pockets and a loyal, national fanbase.

The difference is BYU was already ranked #1 before the last game of the season.

They had been ranked Top 10 since week 3 of that season.

The problem wasn't BYU's final ranking, it was that they got a HUGE rankings boost after beating Pitt, who had been preseason #3 but actually sucked. That win inflated BYU's ranking in Week 2, and they just kept moving up as other teams lost.

They shouldn't have won the natty, but you can see why they did. The sportswriters weren't going to demote BYU once they kept winning (and started blowing out shitty WAC teams by 30+)

Pretty much this.

This is why the AP and CFP voters are now more hesitant to rank undefeated G5s until late in the season, or until they beat a proven ranked team (Signature Win™)

I guess it was the Pitt win that did it. A future 3-7-1 team ranked #3. Preseason rankings really are that awful. If Pitt was unranked they probably would have fell around #8.

Pollsters need to get there's nothing wrong with dropping a winning team if their signature win turns out to be garbage.

goodnight bump

I meant more as like an organization. I realize that the talent is vastly inferior, but I honestly don't mind that because it was produced more entertaining plays that I would never get to see in the NFL. I can honestly live with lower talent level because I can enjoy the game at any level, I just don't want to give another dime to the NFL

doesn't really have to do with what you are talking about, but I just have to say that the Pitt win over Penn State last year has to be one of the most satisfying sports events of my life. All those fucking hicks in their pick up trucks beeping their horns and waiving comically huge flags out the window can lick my hairy asshole

Penn State has hick fans?

For some reason I always pictured their fans as a white collar wine-and-cheese crowd, while Pitt fans were more rowdy, blue-collar fans.

>His G5 doesn't have double-digit wins
embarrassing tbqh

>he couldn't get into a power 5 school!

>P5 schools
>Anything but a diploma mill

keep deluding yourself.

If we're talking academics, FCS schools are the best and it isn't even close.

P5 and G5 schools both have some elite and some shitty universities, but mostly just average.

Looks good to me m8

You're so fucking wrong. Just look at this list.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_programs

I know you only were talking about the Ivies, but besides them FCS schools are HBCUs and bumfuck directional state universities.

G5 is Rice, Tulane, and I struggle to think of any others.

P5 are almost certainly the best on average no matter what method you use. All but about 10 of them are ranked in the ARWU top 500, that's over 80%. 60 schools and nearly half of them would be in any publication's world top 200. You're definitely not getting that in any other division.

>Implying that Ole Miss, or Mississippi was great at one point.

Hate to say but make everything west of Topeka as K-State territory

You just fucking wait. KU will beat Snyder in Manhatten

>racist white ladies

Is there anything more /cfb/ than this?

>booting WVU but keeping Iowa State
Kill yourself
>BYU
Kill yourself twice.

Racist White ladies at tailgates

My dick is diamonds

Some of their fans near the cities, or at least Pittsburgh I can't really speak for Philly, are like that. Everything outside the cities is Penn State country and might as well be Alabama

their cfb culture is top notch

they also used to have a plantation owner for a mascot, wave the confederate flag, and played dixie at football games

My favorite thing is to wait until I'm balls deep before I tell them I'm Jewish.

My favorite thing is to wait until I'm balls deep before I tell them I'm black.

>tfw no racist gf to live in a 100% white area and have four children with

>four children
c'mon son, you're not carrying your weight until you pull a Philip Rivers and plant 9 babies in your wife

My favorite thing is to wait until I'm balls deep before I tell them I'm Aryan.

The NFL is a bunch of millionaires playing a game as adults.

College is young, talented athletes playing at a quasi-amateur level (it has gotten more professional than I like in recent years).

There is also an incredible amount of variety in CFB play style and strategy. From Navy running a 75 year old playbook, to Oregon re-inventing offense in the early 2000s, to the entire Big XII centered around air raid as a conference; it creates much more dynamic and interesting matchups in my opinion.

Also, with the bifurcation of G5 and P5, there are games that have much more riding on the line--do small teams upset giants? Do blue blood programs get complacent and let their guard down like Iowa and NDSU?

To me, CFB feels more genuine, and NFL feels too corporate.

>have a racist white lady
>turn her into a fat racist white lady with 4-9 racist NASCAR-loving brats

ISHYGDDT

God I'm excited. I'm going to school here next fall. Anything I should know, like good restaurants in town? I've heard of Ajax and City Grocery, but beyond that, I'm lost.

how should Missouri valley fix their problem?

You'll figure it out soon enough. I've only been a few times, sometimes skipping my current school's game (other SEC school) to go because I'd rather be lost in Oxford than found anywhere else.

We started 5-0 last season

We led the nation in College Gameday appearances

We hired Brady Hoke as an assistant this offseason

/ouryear/

>We hired Brady Hoke as an assistant this offseason

That isn't a good thing

It would be bad if we hired him as a head coach. But he's our defensive line coach. He's a great assistant.

wvu prevents this from happening

tulsa. uconn, byu

>started 5-0
you needed insane refball at the last second to beat App State

at home

in the season opener

>tfw Tenneshit will never be "back" in your lifetime
feels SO good man

Thanks. What's your 'current school'? Certainly not MSU, I'd hope.

who else /elite/ here

'THE' Arkansas State University reporting in!

It didn't help that supposedly Oklahoma and Washington were each given the opportunity to play BYU in the Holiday Bowl and both said no so they could play each other in the Orange Bowl. Both were objectively better than BYU that year and if one of them said yes they'd have been #1. Considering that Washington won that Orange Bowl they should have won the natty that year or got a split at the very least.

AAC!!!

dont reply to my posts

confirmed for hootyblasted

Iowa State is regional.

West Virginia is on the wrong side of the country and belong in the ACC anyway.

emergency bump to remind you that the Alelbama Crimson Turd will not have a decent passing game so long as their OC is a monthly revolving door of literal whos

>ole miss

I remember that film the blind side with Sandra bullock. Really deep, I cry every time lads.

I knew ESPN was already cucked back in the early 2000s when Chris Fowler wrote some shitty column for their website about how scenes like Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia, etc. were overrated, or weren't true fans because so many people dressed up for the game. What a faggot. Good riddance.

Clay Travis is a tryhard fag too, but I'm glad he's being proved right about their implosion...

both have pros and cons. Nfl's playoff system i WAY better than ncaa's. But Nfl has rules that make the game less fun

>Nfl's playoff system i WAY better than ncaa's
Maybe, but both systems are perfectly suited to their respective leagues. NFL's larger playoff bracket only works because there are 32 teams and teams earn their spot through objective measurements like overall record and division titles.

College's selection process is inherently subjective; the playoff committee can be biased towards big name schools and media perceptions. This drastically increases the likelihood of conference champion game rematches in the playoffs, making those games,and the regular season games that lead up to it, much less meaningful.

Furthermore, the idea that the natty championship is the be-all-end-all for a team is stupid. Post-season accolades are just that, rewards for a successful season and not what defines a successful season. The college game IS the regular season, rivalry and conference games should have weight, champions are already settled on the field right there, which means post-season rematches should be kept at an absolute minimum. Which means a small playoff bracket. And that's fine because non-championship bowl games ARE important and shouldn't be shrugged off.

tl;dr: "Settling it on the field" is a meme shilled by ESPN to sell more games at the expense of college tradition.

I was in a class with his brother at ODU when he was still our QB.

>objective measurements like overall record and division titles.

It's almost like there is an equivalent in college football.

Oh yeah, there is.

All P5 conference champs should make the playoff.

but why is college football using voting instead of standings? I understand that making an 8 team playoff would be expensive with traveling. But, standings would have teams go into the playoffs instead of the same teams like Michigan state, Alabama etc.

what do you mean by "standings", exactly?

win-loss records

Refball? Nah.

>Tennessee will every be back
We were in the top ten literally just last season, and that was a down year.

never*

If he's asking why we don't send the 4 teams with the best records to the playoff, it's because in a sport where the teams occupy such a wide range in terms of overall quality, a team's record on its own is not enough to say how good the team is

>voting instead of standings
Because there are a lot more teams in FBS (129) than in the NFL (32).

That means a lot more teams have the same record, and there is a big variance in strength of schedule.

Not as easy to determine who the good teams are.

On a scale of 1 to Wisconsin, how cucked is your school?

>I ask parents of people of color to rethink sending your children to this institution

POCs are pushing for segregation now lmao

Also
>All white people are racist

Inb4 shitstorm

They can swap Iowa State for Nebraska eventually, once the Big XII is good again.

>Ho-Chunk
top fucking kek

>don't send yo' colored nigglets to this school!
as if your average nig has the scores to get into Wiscy and isn't 100% a diversity quota

>other virtue signaling I didn't read
burn Madison to the ground, thank Christ Purdue/Iowa/Nebraska balance out the faggotry of the B1G West administrations

>All Whites are Racist
>Be Anti-Racist

"How dare you say Anti-Racist is Anti-White!"

>POCs are pushing for segregation now

They've been doing this since Mizzou. I wish they had gone full chimp and just executed the cucks who were on their side back then.

Are the ducks back yet?

No