Law-fag here. 8 months ago, I posted a thread in which I described my bed bug problem...

Law-fag here. 8 months ago, I posted a thread in which I described my bed bug problem. I remember sitting on the toilet studying for the bar exam while heating my room up to 130 degrees to kill the bed bugs. For a while, I thought I had gotten rid of them completely.

Welp, they've made a come back. Hard. Every morning, I wake up with bed bug bites all over my arms, legs, and abdomen. Will life ever get better?

P.S. Thank you to the user who made this rare Kek Bug for me.

post pics of the infestation

How about you fucking call an exterminator. If you can afford to go to lawschool surely you can afford a couple hundred dollars for them to treat your furniture.

That's where you're wrong, bucko.

save up money instead of living like an animal
Get a loan from friends/family if you have to, that's disgusting

Remember the guy who said to just drink a lot of alcohol to poison the bedbugs when they bite you?
I memeber

Bed bugs aren't vectors for disease so you got that going for you which is nice.

Life spawn of bed bugs?
Clean clothes, never return.

My family is poor, and I have too much debt to afford an exterminator.

I should try this.

Try getting money somehow. Only eat vegetables and go into a caloric deficit for a while to save up money.

Be imgur fag, ask for monies for extermenation

No you should not. Waste of money

What does your body look like user? Post pic
For real, deliver!

first of all
Fucking check'd, good luck with your bug problem Satan
Second, I suggested turning to friends or getting creative, you must get rid of them or bad shit will eventually happen to you

Could have sworn I saw the same thread on 8 Chan, the bed bugs were all over your cock and everything

Bedbugs can live for a year.

A FUCKING YEAR

Well OP, Clean everything, sleep in bathroom.

Never.

You'd have to be retarded to share a picture of yourself on here.

I would never ask my friends for money. I can't even get money from my brothers. The only people who'd ever help me out are my mother -- who simply can't afford an exterminator, because she's poor -- and my girlfriend. My girlfriend doesn't know I have beg bugs. I've been hiding this for a while.

That wasn't me. 2014 is too far back.

I've done everything. Heat. Vacuumed frequently. Alcohol spray. Bed bug spray. That powder stuff.

ahhhh that's fucking disgusting op

That's not OP you dumb faggot

In some states you can buy the pesticides to kill the bed bugs yourself.

I had bed bugs. It was some of the worst weeks of my life.

You'd better not go over to her house or have her sleep over.
If you post pic -face we can check to see what could make you money.
>>>Trap cam whore
>>>Kickstarter

Drench your whole mattress and body in baby powder or flour. At least two inches worth. They can't get through it. You won't get rid of them, learn to live with them. I've had bedbugs for twelve years.

Bite the bullet
Tell your girlfriend that you RECENTLY got the bugs, and that you need help
The amount of pride you have to swallow to do this is negligible when compared to living in squalor
Have some decency man, you're probably just spreading them around if you haven't gotten them into her house already

Former sufferer of the blood sucking jew here.

130 is nothing to a bedbug, youll need a portable gas furnace, ducting, and some shit to border your windows, and you'll need to get around 200 for about 4 to 5 hours, or sub 30 degrees for a few days to kill them with tempurature. Apartments cannot be "cooked" like a house can with the former method, and should be done by a professional. This is cheaper than the chemicals and treatments required to kill them normally.

Some painful facts about bedbugs

>they can live close to a year without a host

>they reproduce and mutate so quickly that they are immune to most modern chemicals that are safe for home use, including flying insect spray which chemically electrocutes things

>They are capable of living in the walls if conditions are too hostile on the interior, and as such you should avoid putting chemicals everywhere or bombing.

>they are most active from about 2am to 5am

>They are capable of climbing and then dropping down from the ceiling to reach a host if they are otherwise unreachable or floor conditions are inhospitable

>Their saliva can be rendered inert by slightly burning the affected area, I personally used a lighter on most of my bites.

>Their eggs are likewise resistant to most home-safe chemicals

>They are attracted to both heat, and elevated levels of carbon dioxide (i.e breath)

>They will hide in bags and clothing, including clothing being worn, this is likely how you got them unless you're in an apartment.

>Rubbing alcohol and/or diatemacious earth are good things to put on your sleeping surface to keep them away.

It's best to move, leave any non-essentials, spray clothing down completely with rubbing alcohol or anything else that will dessicate them. Electronics are safe as they will avoid the noise and heat that electronics give off.

Op, how did you possibly hear your room up to 130 degrees????

Yo man, i spent around 90 bucks on shit to deal with it, get the black label bed bug stuff from home depot, cant remember its name , your gonna spray them base boards 2 a week for like 2 or 3 months to bee sure, or an alternative is poor diatomacous earth on the baseboards and get shitty glue traps and put them on the pegs of your bed frame, also depending on how long ya had them they have probably spread especially since ya heat deal didnt work, buy them bed bug bed covers from walmart, they are like 35 dollars a piece for the box spring and mattress, if ya are just too poor, get the mattress covers and d earth and have a field day, also dont invite friends over and leave with clean clothes and if you got a back pack check that shit before you leave, the bugs also like to hide in books, its a nightmare till you leave that place, they can live up to 6 or 8 months without eating too

This guy's right. I used to be Housekeeping Supervisor in various hostels and hotels all around Canada. Get an exterminator. If it's a bad infestation be prepared to throw away your mattress and replace your bed frame. They're probably nesting and breeding inside of cracks/gaps in the wood. After the exterminator has been make sure you also wash all your sheets/laundry in HOT water (also all your whites with bleach too) twice and throw everything in the dryer 2-3 times on HOT. The eggs are surprisingly hardy, nearly impossible to see and can get everywhere. If you leave even ONE egg behind you'll just have a re-infestation 4-6 months from now after the egg or eggs hatch.

Even in hospitality they're a pain to get rid of. You CAN'T give bedbugs an inch or they'll take a mile.

no way around it, either get a big zip up cover for your mattress, a bed bug level one, they usually go for $45, or call an exterminator and ask them to use chemicals and not heat treatment as you have already tried that.

I'm used to living in squalor frankly. I've been sleeping on the floor for the last 5 months, and I can't even afford to renew my tags. As I told you, I am in an immense amount of debt. I wear the same suit everyday. It tired.

Two electric space heaters. One of the heater's cords began to melt.

Also the kinda heat your needing aint gonna be provided without actually getting professionals and their shit up in your home, thats the rich way of doing it, which is also bad you tried doing that yourself cause you made them spread and doing it professionally like that makes it a one time deal thats like 1500 or more in dosh, any other way you are going the slow route of several months of slowly killing them all, it aint gonna be fast yo

Housekeepingfag here. This guy knows what's up. Listen to him OP.
Also bedbugs don't like light so you could also try getting used to sleeping with the lights on or just sleeping in the day.

As I said, I don't have $2,000 for an exterminator.

I threw my mattress out a while ago. I've been sleeping on the floor for 5 months.

Bed bugs are the repressed, anguishing souls of all the people you are going to dick over in a courtroom in the future, that have come back through time after their death and manifested in a physical form metaphorically related to your profession.

Thankfully the only time I had bed bugs was when I went to a hotel.
>I was having a nightmare about /k/ and woke up.
>The sheets were off as I was hot,
>I look to my right.
>something black on the white sheets
>I'm not wearing anything but grey shorts
>turn on lamp
>Bug?
>good search bed bugs to check
>enlarged abdomen of a female bed bug confirmed
>SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT
>Put in bathroom under the cup they give you
>Don't sleep
>slave squat on chair whole night
>In the morning complain
>Hotel staff: "Oh that sucks"
>Post bad review
>Most helpful review of hotel one week later
>from 3.5 stars to 1.9 stars by the next month
>mfw

well shit man idk what to tell you, you'll get rid of them some day when you're doing law stuff

The price of heat treatments vary based purely on the square footage of the domicile, but this is a good pricing for most homes.

Just get a bug bomb and leave for an hour or so while it works it's magic. Open the windows up and get that shit out and you should be all good. I had a flea infestation that was a bitch to take care of. Maybe if you just left the windows open the cold would kill them

maybe you could try sleeping in a hazmat suit?

I'm just here to vent. I blame my father. No one deserves death more.

Bug bombs dont work yo

if you are in an apartment, tell them, they should take care of it and will work with you on payments.

A mattress cover won't do it. The more likely culprit is the box spring. But even then, with an infestation the bugs will be in the baseboards, floor, etc.

Shop around, I paid $500 for my exterminator. Or like I said previously, you can buy exterminator grade pesticide in some states (but not all) and the sprayer, suit, etc for maybe $300.

The consequence of not dealing with this is EVEN MORE BEDBUGS. When the female bug bites you, your blood, it's food, allows it to reproduce.

TRUTH!
Yeah, Fucking sue the Bed Bugs OP. They don't have the right to be there. Case closed bud!

Well guess you're going to have to get a job, save $2k and get an exterminator then. Could try begging on kickstarter/patreon/Facebook for help too.
Only other choice would honestly be to move out, throw away all your clothes bags and sheets and move into a new place.

I've worked in some hostels where one particular dorm would always get infestations. Had to get the exterminators there usually once or twice a month. It was because that one dorm was old, had wooden walls, cabinets and bedframes with lots of cracks.

Every other hotel I've worked in almost never had a problem; mainly because they invested in bedbug-proof mattress covers and metal bed frames. The only time we ever had a bedbug (Code "B" in hospitality) problem in that place was when we'd get some 2-months-without-a-shower backpacking bum with dreads check in fresh after flying in from Cambodia or something.

This. Depending which country/state you live in it's probably the landlord's/apartments responsibility.

Proper bedbug proof mattress covers are legit but they only work if you've gotten rid of the infestation first. It simply stops them nesting inside of the mattress, which is the most common place they hide in the daytime.

You're right too on the "shop around". Call up places, get a quote then barter them down. Say another mob (don't mention the name) has offered to do it for $200 less and go from there.

This is poor advice. They are completely immune to any bug-bomb available to unlicensed jack-offs. They CAN be killed with a true bombing, (I.e full tarp covering and effective gas being pumped underneath said tarp) but otherwise you're going to send them into the walls, which will make it alot worse for you.

Here's a fun fact. They were practically extinct in the West and only made a comeback since the 90's when people started doing backpacking trips to places in S.E.Asia and South America to "feel the chakras, maaaan".
You can blame budget airlines doing shit like giving $80 flights to Asia for this.

This.

Cheapest solution I can give you and worked to handily take care of infestations I've had and sadly others I've known have suffered from as well.

Go to a place that sells garden supplies, pick up a gallon container of outdoor bug barrier. Any brand will do, Bayer works the best from what I've seen.

Next steps are simple, fabrics all go into black trash bags that get taped up. Set outside to cook, freeze, or take to laundromat to do the same. While that's running at the mat give a liberal spray to every wall, carpet, baseboard,bedframe, outside of furniture, whatever you can get to. Put your bed in one of those bug proof wraps and call it a day.

You may have to spray a couple times, but they WILL go away. Just don't be a dumbass and wear a mask, keep shit cleaned up so you can keep an eye on this stuff. If you're seeing them during the day and they're breaking their cycle regularly enough that you can interact with them during daytime hours you may just be fucked.

OKAY I've had a 6 month infestation before. 6 GODDAMN months. Throughout those 6 months I did everything you claimed to do and nothing worked, similar to me. The problem? I had to find the MAIN object that was initially infested and had hundreds of eggs, which was my king sized bed and 3 sheets. I threw those things away including the rug to my closet and haven't had a comeback of those bastards since.

You should really find out where those hell spawns are breeding and THROW THAT SHIT OUT!

Another point I forgot to add.

Like this guy said, seeing them in the day is a sure sign that you should get the fuck out of there. They're liable to latch onto your clothes in numbers to find a more host-rich environment, at which point you're dooming anybody unfortunate enough to sit in your chair after class.

This is why gas stations receive mandatory bed bug prevention services.

The odds of them being immune to anything you can find at a grocery are incredibly high, however there are a few funguses that are used in gardening and result available on the internet, that when supplied with a proper substrate can completely irradicate a colony of bedbugs. If you're fine with some brown shit all over your house, this is a viable option.

probably the carpet or some shit

Buy a ton of rubbing alcohol and soak everything you have in it, bed and clothes especially. Wear a mask cause the fumes are hell. It'll evaporate within a day.

That'll get rid of them. Worked for me.

You can try putting diesel fuel on your bed. I know it sounds absolutely crazy, but this is genuinely how the favelas of Brazil, and whatever the hell they call the ghettos of Jamaica solve bedbugs.

Eventually they will die from starvation or move on, but you will smell like a truck stop, and you'll likely scare de pusy away. I promise you this works, but definetly a last ditch effort.

The problem is once you 'attempt' a full treatment they can and sometimes will move their little home base. If the bed isn't hospital they'll move to the walls. Little white round specs like ground grains of rice, you might even mistake it for dust.

Hopefully OP is smart enough to have wrapped his bed by now, the covers are like 20-30$.

Works even better with gasoline and some matches. Couple gallons of gas is cheap as fuck.

At that point then you have to spray at least 3 cans of bed bug pesticide on every square inch of the rooms carpet. Leave it for a day. Then empty another can and wait another day. Create the Holocaust once more.

Hotelfag here again. If you want to find the bugs' main nest look for
>little black specks, like .....'s in a book. This is bedbug shit.
>get a good sniff of everything. If something smells like rotting berries or blueberries that's bedbugs
>strip out, wash, dry, expose to sun everything in that room. If your room is bare except just your bed and still getting bitten then you've rounded it down the options of where the nest is.

Usually it's inside the mattress or inside wooden stuff like bed frames or nearby walls if there are cracks and holes. They're nocturnal and really don't like light.
Any rugs, sheets, pillows etc he can take care of by throwing in the dryer on really hot setting for 2 or 3 cycles. Mattress he could try putting outside on sunny days or a bug-proof protector but if there are eggs in his carpet or walls he'll need professionals.

Hotelfag here. Even hot soapy water with disinfectant in it works. The eggs are almost too small to see so wiping down everything like you said can help.

Yea that'd probably work too. Last ditch effort though. OP honestly just needs to work a job for a week, do some bartering and pay for exterminators.

I'll drive to your house and get rid of the bedbugs, in exchange for legal advice on how to kill my wife and get away with minimal time served.

Ok OP, we've given you about as much help as you can get in the thread. Let's recap.
>call landlord/apartment owners. They're probably legally obligated to pay for exterminators and take care of it for you.
>if they're not or they're cunts, call around, haggle & barter some exterminators
>if you don't have money for this get a fukken job
>clean fucking everything, throw out some shit, wash dry wipedown and spray fucking everything, expose shit to sun, bleach your whites
>start sleeping in your car until you pay for the exterminators
>save up $1k, get exterminators, spend whatever's leftover on a new suit (it's like $200 for a suit, stop wearing one every day)

or just move to a different house, but that'll prob end up costing you more or taking your infestation with you.

Good advice on the car.

They cannot sustain themselves in a car and will leave if introduced to one.

maybe get a new bed you dumb fucking nigger?

burn your house down and claim fire damage.

poor fag detected. Move out of your slovenly shithole

you know, there is an invention called anti bed bug covers
you wrap your whole mattress and those motherfuckers won't ever fuck with you ever again

>going into law

>Dem trips

>I've done everything

what about mosquito netting like they use in the jungles?

I'm civilized so I don't know how small bedbugs are; but if it's successful against mosquitoes, it should be effective against bed bugs.

Also, you can try sleeping under a powerful lamp. You can use eye protection if you're too sensitive to the light.

The last resort would be to find some DDT. That shit will work. Just don't let any Condors around it and you should be fine.

Has anyone tried deliberately introducing house spiders into a room infested with bed bugs?

Dude.
It's already bad enough to have bedbugs.

Do you really want to have to deal with bedspiders?

Set fire to bed. Get new bed. If bed bugs return, repeat these steps.

You're gonna want to heat you're room like that at least twice a week for a month or so and make sure to get bed bug spray for the other rooms (or heat the whole house) also wash your cloths blankets pillows and sheets and dry them twice or three times. If that doesn't work after a month or so just burn your house or apt

Also check backpacks and books they like those areas

uhg you again. How many more times do I have to infest your place with parasites to get you to leave.

If you want some legitimate advice here you go:
Bag everything up in clear plastic, air-tight, remove all of your bedding, clothes, absolutely fucking everything. Then Vacuum absolutely fucking everything. And I mean everything. Mattress, box spring, bed frame, closet, carpet, floor, under every single piece of furniture. Keep your bed away from the walls (3inch is the standard.)

Another thing you can do is purchase things called "Bed bug moats" and place them under the legs of your bed frame, fill them up with water, they will climb in but won't be able to climb out, and then drown.

The reason for the resurfacing of them is uncertain, if you live on campus, it's probably because of neighbours, bedbug eggs hatch every two weeks as well, and take a bit to grow into adults, so perhaps you were getting bitten by the children, and didn't notice.

After you vacuum, wash all of your clothes, then dry them for at least 30 mins to kill them, the reason raising the temp in your room didn't work is because they can climb into electrical sockets, phone jacks, etc to hide.

Source: I work for public health and safety in my city.

This

The powder is crushed bones, it penetrates their shells and kills them slowly by drying them out - it takes up to 11 months for them to die this way. Any bed bug spray you buy over-the-counter is shit and won't work. Your best bet is vacuuming non-stop, they will not go away immediately, you just have to kill them when you see them and vacuum as much as possible for you. Once again turning your heat up will not kill them, If I recall they need to be exposed to 60c+ for over 30ish minuted for them to die. Cranking up your heat only makes them fuck off into your walls.

Diatemacious earth actually takes extremely long to function, it doesn't deter them.

Anything you can buy at the store for bed bugs is inaffective.

There are common house spiders out there that will live under a bed peacefully and contentedly. There are those um..can't remember the name..but they're super spindly, make big webs, are chill, don't bite.

Had to deal with this shit at my last apartment. Whatever the exterminator used didn't work at all. 3 treatments with no results. We threw away our bed and couch, bought a hand held steam cleaner, blasted all our possessions with the steamer, put a bunch of our stuff in a storage shed, and moved. If you can't move, get yourself some diatomaceous earth to sprinkle everywhere and steam the fuck out of everything.

Get some DDT from Mexico (find a meskin farmer)

Then kill all those mother fuckers.

dude get one of those those tents with a zipper and live in that until you can move. I actually did this saved me a ton of money.

I stayed at an airbnb in Korea, back in October, and got bit to fuckin shit. I thought it was just mosquitoes, until I went back to my GF's place in Tokyo, and she got bit to fuck...
We washed so many clothes, and didn't see any more bites. So I thought it was over. I came back to Seattle, and at about 4 in the morning the other day I saw a nymph crawling next to me on the couch.... The weirdest part is that the living room is nowhere near my room, and I haven't had any bites except the bite I got the night I found them.
Could there have been just one egg, and that was the only bug? It seems unlikely, but no one else has had any bites..