ITT: Bands you really like and think that have quality, but Sup Forums seems to hate and despise

ITT: Bands you really like and think that have quality, but Sup Forums seems to hate and despise

Sup Forums always talks shit about the Chili Peppers

it's less about hating rhcp and more just disdain towards their ceaseless popularity. contrarianism but fair contrarianism.

Its cool to see hollywood stars like robert downy jr and will ferrell be in a band together.

Yeah, it's pretty neat. Why are those two guys from the Red Hot Chili Peppers with them though? Did they come ask for autographs or something?

Up to El Camino I used to put up with TBK but after that it was much bravado and shitposting and mediocre songs. Even El Camino and brothers had meh songs but they had gems at least. Turn Blue is pure soft dick rock.

The Black Keys are solid band
Keane had nice first 2 albums, the rest is crap

Does Sup Forums hate Royal Blood?

I agree that Turn Blue is pure fucking shit. I don't like Brothers, but love all of El Camino

The Perfect Symmetry singles are solid but that's it

I kinda like Royal Blood. I found them while looking for albums that are good to play on Bluetooth during car rides, in the vein of AM.

Also this.

Silenced by the night is also good

found the 17 y/o white girl

I think Keane and Travis are both great bands.

Thanks

Royal Blood is alright. Their debut is impressive considering it's two dudes and Come On Over is a fucking banger, but to me they're just another stoner rock band.

>The Pretty Reckless
Lowkey my guilty pleasure band

>stoner rock
I like stoner rock. My favourite contemporany genre

I liked them in elementary school but I can honestly only take so much of the "SKIPPITY DOO BADA BAM BAM CALI-SKITTY-WITTY-FOR-BEEP-DA-BOP-NIA" man on the mic. Only their stuff with John was good anyway, and his solo stuff is leagues better than anything he did with RHCP.

Royal Blood are probably the most substanceless band I've ever heard. Literally "HEAVY BLUES RIFFS ARE WE GOOD YET" the band. Black Keys early stuff is alright but their radio rock stuff is extremely unmemorable to me.

royal blood isn't stoner rock you fucking dumbass

agreed, good shit in general.

There's some influences in their sound, Garage rock or hard rock is probably more apt of sub-genre than stoner rock. I goofed, my b.

>Royal Blood are probably the most substanceless band I've ever heard.
They aren't that bad. I like them riffs

Speedy Ortiz
fite me

Hot take, Californication and on is their only good stuff, with the exception of some songs on BSSM and throw away "I'm With You", it's garbage

they have riffs, but they ONLY have riffs. Literally NOTHING ELSE going for them as a band. They don't have interesting lyrics. They don't have any atmosphere. They don't have any interesting aesthetics or artwork. They don't have ANYTHING except riffs, which you can get from just learning some blues scales.

yeah they're mainly hard rock with an accesible alternative rock vibe in between

I like them but I've only bothered to listen to their popular shit. You know, californication, under the bridge, that kind of shit. Is it worth it to listen to their actual albums?