Sup Forums is trash and provides no input

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7FyfXZHFyY
youtube.com/watch?v=ikc9dpVcvHg
store.steampowered.com/app/513710/SCUM/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ark because fucking dinosaurs.

How's the grind in ARK?

Can't speak for Conan or 7days but Rust there is quite a bit of a grind for BP's and materials. Plus general upkeep cause people like to destroy your shit.

DayZ the grind is survival. No base-building. Just collecting what you have and staying alive.

ark because you literally can't play it on more than 20 fps

Why/How's that?

none. Those are trash.

So instead of a useless post, why not suggest something in place of them?

Online survival/crafting sort of game?

Did you mean the new Conan game? Because AoC is like 10 years old and sucks. Surprised people even know that it exists.

Yes the New Conan game, sorry, threw this together real quick

Ark is damn awesome!!! But only if you like 'real' farming...got it on steam and played 190h in few weeks...rust is good too btw...dayz needs improvements imho...

I like rust but the community/servers are shit

I can suggest stranded deep as survival game, like it a lot

Shit tier games

Dark and Light is similar to Ark but fantasy. Its the next big survival, you should check it. DayZ is king!!

unturned

"Real" farming?
So there's a lot of grind?
Or do you mean literally having to set up farms and grow food and such?

This is what I've heard sadly.
That and constant wipes make it feel like you never make solid progress. But apparently people still have fun with it.

Looks interesting but I'm looking for something online. Player interaction and such. As cancerous as it may be sometimes I enjoy i t.

Cool

I've only seen this game once.
It in a way reminded me of Elder Scrolls Online and World of Warcraft. In that it might rely on stats for combat and such. Something I really don't like.

Looks amusing but sadly the art style doesn't do it for me.
Like...I wouldn't be able to take it seriously.

I played rust, it's good but frustrating if you're alone. There will always be some oversized group that plays 16 hrs daily and will rape you.
Don't even try DayZ, the developers are fat lazy slobs. They released the standalone some 6 years ago now and the mod is still better than the standalone. The game is a buggy early alpha and will stay that way.

Dayz = Dead
Ark = Runs like shit
Rust = meh 50 hours played and I dont havent got anything too positive to say
Conan = Dead on arrival not heard anyone mention since the week it came out
7 Days = looks like shit but is worth a try with friends but no replay value after you get bored with a world.

DayZ .63 update looks decent
youtube.com/watch?v=n7FyfXZHFyY

Overall there's still a lot of work to do but if you enjoyed DayZ in the past this update will be solid....whenever the fuck it comes out.

optimization is basically a foreign concept to the devs of ark. they'd rather pump out more paid DLCs during early access than focusing on core issues.

DayZ is a 35 dollar computer fryer

Rust because everyone else is optimized shit

tarkov

4k hours in ark, it's fun but official servers aren't noob friendly

Yes, they always release these flashy videos with every new update but the game is still buggy as fuck, there are bugs that have been in the game since the very start. The game has hardly moved in 5 years. The mod is still better. Also the zombies used to be the main threat and they were numerous. You would think hard before discharging your weapon. Then they just removed 99% of them. DayZ is a brilliant concept ruined by lazy developers.

I would be playing alone. Don't have any friends really to team up with.
I know this'll get me shit but I used to play Minecraft years back and often had fun sneaking my way into peoples bases and such and stealing all their shit.

And sadly out of all of them it seems ARK has the highest player base according to Steam.

Aside from any game breaking bugs my computer should be able to handle it

Rust definitely looks interesting but I'm worried about the actual fun I'll have with it.
Everyone says groups is the way to go but I'd be playing solo most likely.
Also I have concerns with the insane grind some people are stating there is.

Seen a bit about this game. Will have to look into it more.
Any reason you suggested it?

So I'd have to not only get the game but DLC's as well and find a server that'd accept a new person and such

Ark.
Ignore comments about optimisation, I can run it on my potato laptop now with i7 4500U and GTX745M.
With mods and changing settings you can make the game as hard or as easy as you like.

>potato laptop
>i7 4500U

What is non-potato laptop by those standards?

Did you even look at his GPU you fucking moron?

Confused as to what "Escape from Tarkov" is.

Is it online? Open world? Level selections?
Not sure how much survival there is either.
Clips I saw showed these guys wearing a TON of high quality gear with multiple weapons roaming around.

Optimization aside what's the game like in terms of grind?
Annoying? Or does it feel like progress?

Rust has an active player base and developer team with updates every week

So why would you pick Rust over ARK or DayZ or whatever?

The grind is bad in official servers, but modded ones are much better. Ours is 6x gather, 25x taming and 5x XP.
map is Ragnarok and many mods including Cross Aberration, which has Aberration dinos on any map.

So it's all dependent on what server you join?
I'm guessing there's no carry-over? It's all strictly server-side?

anyone played rimworld ?
singleplayer base building game.
but its more of a strategy game and not first person.
kinda slow game but i like it and there are some cool mods.

i just start a new colony from time to time and its quiet relaxing.
especially your life isnt under control and the game is th only thing that goes how it should.

youtube.com/watch?v=ikc9dpVcvHg

im linking some random LP channel so you can take a look.

Rust
>Can be found for around $10
>Normally $20

DayZ
>$34.99

ARK
>$60 price tag
>Two expansions, each $20
>Or Season Pass for $45 in the event they're bringing more DLC
>Still paying around $100 for the complete game

You can upload characters/dinos to transfer to other arks.

You can upload dinos, characters and I think even items for cross server transfer, but you can only download them to a server if they allow it.
Most of the time you stick with a single server anyways, there are always plenty of things to do.

While ARK and Rust seem to have the biggest communities,
ARK's way more expensive.
They both have Grind
ARK seems to definitely have more to do than Rust.
Both have base building
Both have weapon crafting

Can't speak for the communities of either however.
Suppose that varies based on server. Just random really.

Are you fuckiong stupid? Do you know why they wipe servers in rust?
because there isnt that much farm and they wipe the server because everyone already has the best shit so theres no point to play.

Or you can just play DayZ.

Scavenge and forage for whatever you can find.
It's an actual survival game where the point of it...is to survive.
Seems the more hardcore of the options.

there's lots of "duo" or "trio" max servers, meaning at least you wont be going against large groups alone

but really, playing rust solo is hard mode, you won't be having much fun as a beginner, especially on high population servers. playing solo can be fun, but you really have to pick the right server for it. you can also just ask someone to team up thats solo as well, you can "bag him" so he will respawn at the same location as you do. rust is a great game and it will come out of pre-alpha soon. played it for half a year and I still havent had end-game content

plus, really active devs with weekly updates

By 'Real farming' i mean you'll set pots to grow plants for vegetables, gather ALL kind of resources (rocks, Wood, berries, Turds -yes, turds- and so on) the speed of farming grows by Leveling up your pc (at the beginning giĆ¹ farm with hands, the Woods tools, then metal topos.. ..) ALL of this while you have to survive dinosaurs (most dangerous arent rexes or megalodons...) check it....imho one of the best survival of the last years

So once you have the best stuff....what then? The game just becomes Minecraft and you're building things?

What is there to do and why do so many people still play it if their progress is just repeatedly wiped?

Dayz: Dead game, rarely ever updated with anything meaningful. last meaningful update was june to my knowledge, 5 years in development if you include the time before steam release, still in beta.

Ark: Fun, but only with a group of friends (2-5) don't play official servers, they are dominated by aimbots and the grind turns the game into a full time job, take the time to seek out a decent private server with boosted gathering and taming rates. also kind of expencive if you want all the dlc too.

Rust: a long time in development, but updates seem pretty frequent at least, its ok, but nothing special and the community is pretty cancer tbh.

Conan i cannot speak for, never played before.

7d2d: looks like complete shit, if you can get past that, can be really fun, especially with a friend or two, surprisingly in depth with leveling mechanics, skills, quests and traders, this game did PVE right, the environment will always feel like a threat no matter how "strong" you get.

out of the four i've played, ark has a 1800 hour lead on the rest, but without the group of friends i formed in that game that might have been less.

rust because you can run around naked pretending to be liberian warlord canibals. And its community is 10/10 in cancer content.

Rust is only played for the pvp element (which is quite good)

Ark has pvp/tribe warfare elements to it (different, but probably not as good as rusts) but it also has a FUCK TON of pve things to do in addition to everything else.

the early game in Rust, when everyone is naked and doesnt have a base is extremely intense, just getting out of "stone age" game content requires extreme skill, game knowledge, luck, etc... (this can take hours and its the reason most players start as groups)

midgame is mostly grinding, raiding, pvp, resource management and so on, still pretty intense, but not as frustrating as running around among 100s of nakeds killing each other with spears and bows and losing everything every 10 minutes

endgame, sadly, is mostly just pvp and trolling people, its when most people change to a different server to start over - thats why the servers wipe, the endgame content (althought it is there), is usually impossible to achieve unless you dominate the server and prevent others from getting to the same level as you are

DayZ because I hate myself

So Satan, what you're saying is there's no exploration or PvE elements that'll keep someone busy?

I'm all for trolling people. Making people trust me then murdering them has been quite fun in the past in games.
But even in doing so, and getting their stuff, does it feel like progress?
Can I remain in a small dwelling and just hoard decent quality stuff that I've stolen/murdered others for?

Day z for me. Only because of all the times I played it tripping on acid

dayz is dead ark is unplayable on official and unnoficial isn't worth, rust is full of children, conan is stupid and ridden with imbalence and bugs 7 days gets mad repetitive far too fast.

So what would you suggest for a Survival/Crafting multiplayer game?

They're all horrendously flawed because they all fall to the same shit. It just becomes a choice of which poison is tastiest. Thing about them is it's late game that matters, so anything you research about them, make sure that's the only thing you look at.

Ever heard of SCUM? It's a very detailed Survival game that is supposed to go early access in Q1 of 2018. It has very detailed mechanics for survival because of the realism the devs are trying to put in and so far on the dev logs, it looks promising. :) Try looking it up on Youtube. :D I'm actually looking forward to this game. :)

here's the steam link: store.steampowered.com/app/513710/SCUM/

Dayz is a meme, rust is the best out of those

Rust because its the only one i own, and it has weed plants.

I've played the fuck out of 7 Days to Die, the vanilla game can be fun if you can look past the graphics. Like stated earlier in this thread now matter how strong you get the environment can always put you in your place. If you want to increase the challenge there is the Valmod overhaul mod to up the challenge, the skills and level progression is pretty good for an independent game. It is best played with friends for sure.

The grind can be changed if you own the server/ play locally

tons of PvE elements. if you're playing solo on a server with no other players you can still be busy for a week or so, just exploring every location and finding every gear possible while defeating PvE "bosses"

the maps are procedurally generated, obviously so you can do this over and over

having other players on the server just makes it 100x harder because you're all trying to do it as fast as possible while getting killed and reset by each other. personally I dislike high pop servers because it just drives the cancer into overdrive. playing with about 50 players or less makes the game a lot more scarier because you usually arent prepared to meet and fight other players, you can play a lot more stealthy and track down other players rather than just playing deathmatch 24/7

none of that crap. go and buy escape from tarkov. the creators actually give a fuck unlike the dayz team

What is Escape from Tarkov?
Trailer didn't show much
Watching some dude play it just left me confused.

Is it survival? Open world? Crafting? P2W?
Level select? Not finding a whole lot about it

7days to die is pretty good if you have a few friends to work with.

and yeah, "work" is the word, you'll plan, share the tasks, organize...
it's good, and you're never truly safe

I still play DayZ Epoch from time to time and have a blast. Standalone is still fucking garbage.

Days is the only descent game in the list, all others are just copying it.

is it still alive? are admins still crybaby pussies who'll ban anyone who kills them? is esp still as rampant?

>play Day Z for about 5 hours. Literally collecting and making it
>see someone that has recently spawned
>I can hear him talking and he's saying he died in an area nearby and needs to get his gear
>figure he can lead me to it and then I kill him
>I go around a corner and he apparently had 5 friends guarding it
>get jumped
>get murdered
>they are all giggling
>lose all my shit
>never play the game again.

None because they are shit

looks cool. such intricate details. i've never seen something like it. thanks for this, i'll be following this game til it's out. thanks user.

>early access
Are you a cuck ?

All shit

Conan at least isn't a survival zombie 2014 crap

Talk about realism. Let's hope that it doesn't suck when released.

What are you asking?
They all are shit and i wouldnt pick any.

>escape from tarkov
this is the ultimate tactical death simulator. thw world of tarkov is unforgiving as hell

Then one time as a coastal cutie you knock out a fully geared guy with a screwdriver. Dont cry over gear, its literally easy to find.

Issue is that escape from tarkov has all the harsh parts of realism, getting shot actually causes issues, ammo loading etc. But none of the good parts. In reality when a guy is point blank it's not fucking hard to shoot him, yet apparently it now is. In reality a trained russian soldier can usually move more than a snail's pace when holding naught but an axe. Granted it's still up and coming and hopefully they put out some fixes, but so far it's just not ready and possibly not very well made assuming they don't learn about proper game balance.

there's also the misery mod stalker: call of pripyat. if you're ok with single player mode

ark you dumb nigger cunt.
you can have dinosaurs n shit and even fly with them n shit and you build dank homes n shit and then u can also raid n shit yo

There is no grind in ark... because the moment you look to be making a decent base someoone will come by and destroy it. It's just a fucking loop of building to be destroyed and start from square 1

Mfw I run this game at above 60fps at max settings

They all suck, I don't understand how people can enjoy them unironically. The one that sucks the most is 7 Days to Die, it's not even a game, the one that sucks the least is probably DayZ but that game is dead. Anyway the all suck.

rust. no reason why just rust

Easy to find?
I have been playing for 12 hours straight last month, i hoped like 12 servers, looted Airfield>dichina>tried to find heli at 7 different spawn spots and repeated this toure for all 12 servers.
I litterly found a pistol without ammunition, basic military boots, jacket, pants and a hicking bp. Never found a single rifle, never found attachments, no armor nothing. There is no lood to be found. Even in cities, I barely find food or a backpack