How would the series have played out if we got to see The Governor vs Negan?

How would the series have played out if we got to see The Governor vs Negan?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/dir//Alexandria, VA/@36.9791708,-83.0239165,7z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b64d3e93a4abf1:0xd7f52686dbc1012c!2m2!1d-77.0469214!2d38.8048355
google.com/maps/dir/Richmond, VA/Atlanta, GA/@35.6282864,-83.1346722,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b111095799c9ed:0xbfd83e6de2423cc5!2m2!1d-77.4360481!2d37.5407246!1m5!1m1!1s0x88f5045d6993098d:0x66fede2f990b630b!2m2!1d-84.3879824!2d33.7489954
youtube.com/watch?v=G_pgndlBfRc
imgur.com/a/9ASbH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is there a fucking map of TWD? How far apart is the prison from woodbury from alexandria from Neegan's spawning point for NPC badguys?

Probably better, I hate Ricks Group they're too stale for me. I think personally the Governer is a little more mental than Negan so he might start off strong but he'd lose it in the end.

>negan invites governor to a pee pants party
>governor equips his infinite ammo aug and just sprays the homo biker crew down

I cant seem to find a relevant one, but from what I remember Terminus was only a two day drive from Alexandria, and a full days drive from Camp Gov. If it's all heading North-West like the comic then Camp Gov is about a day and a half's travel from Negans Camp. It's more than likely they would have met up through trades with neighboring camps or adventure.

Who cares? It's a show for retards.

Somebody postulated a year ago about an alternate timeline where The Governor's U-Haul with Lily, Tara, and Megan doesn't break down. Instead, they head north and meet Aaron who welcomes them into Alexandria. No Governor attack on the prison means there's no reason for Rick and his people to go to Virginia.

The Governor would've sized up Alexandria and wormed his way into positions of power and trust. He's a very charming guy and he can get shit done. By the time Negan and the Saviors are known, the Governor would have Alexandria on lockdown. The attack by The Wolves wouldn't have gone down because the Governor would've been on the lookout for that. Nor would he do try to lead those Walkers from the quarry like Rick did. In fact, he'd weaponize them like he did in his 1st prison raid.

If the Governor doesn't lose his shit, it would be VERY interesting. The Governor losing his temper makes him lose focus and is susceptible to losing sight of the objective like when he went apeshit on his Woodbury troops or the shitstorm after beheading Hershel.

A focused Governor that's hellbent on protecting his new family and community would most likely figure out that Negan has a huge army. He'd do quiet retcon to figure out where the Savior main base is while attacking isolated outposts and patrols. He'd probably make half-hearted alliances with other towns like Jesus'. They'll be cannon fodder so that Alexandria's people don't suffer as much. He'll just be very charming and sell it as a genuine partnership.

Meanwhile, he'd probably do something similar to the Wolves as well as his own U-Haul full of Walkers by leading a massive herd of them into the Saviors base. He'd also unleash trucks full of Walkers so that Negan and his people have to waste ammo to fight waves of Walkers.

The Governor and whatever people that can fire a gun are positioned far enough away from the Walker horde to snipe any Savior they can.

I liked more the Governer because the character was more complex, Negan is cool but he is a total psycho. The Governor had that double face of a politician that I liked it much more. It was like a reference to the hipocresy of the USA. On the one hand defending freedom, justice and democracy and in the other hand being ruthless and killing anybody who that stands between his objectives and to mantain power.

It was actually much closer than that.

>tfw there are people on this planet that lay awake at night, thinking about scenarious like this

the governor is a fucking pussy. Would have been steamrolled by negan in about a week

Terminus was still in Georgia. Alexandria is in Virginia.

Let's assume that Terminus is around the vicinity of
McCaysville, a town that borders Tennessee in the north. That's still a 9 1/2 hour drive. I can see the Saviors having something like a 75-100 mile radius of territory from their main base and outposts, but no way are they going to encounter towns that are 2 states away. Especially with fuel being a precious commodity since it's limited.

google.com/maps/dir//Alexandria, VA/@36.9791708,-83.0239165,7z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b64d3e93a4abf1:0xd7f52686dbc1012c!2m2!1d-77.0469214!2d38.8048355

Though I do wonder why the fuck did Noah and his dad journey all the way down to Atlanta from Wiltshire Estates in Richmond VA.

google.com/maps/dir/Richmond, VA/Atlanta, GA/@35.6282864,-83.1346722,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b111095799c9ed:0xbfd83e6de2423cc5!2m2!1d-77.4360481!2d37.5407246!1m5!1m1!1s0x88f5045d6993098d:0x66fede2f990b630b!2m2!1d-84.3879824!2d33.7489954

That trip is at least 8 hours of driving and that's under ideal conditions.

Governer would have been able to best Negan by sending hordes of Zombies into his camp

And that's why the Governor was the best character next to Shane. They're fascinating as fuck and you know you're a badass character when you rooted for him to live happily ever after with Lily and Megan.

Why the fuck did the Governor travel north? Why not west? Why doesn't anyone go west or southwest?

I would have loved him to appear at the end of.. season 5? Trapped in the train car at Terminus with Rick etc. "Well Rick, aint this a Pickle?"

He was going to terminus. He has it marked on a map while in Woodbury so he obviously knew of it.

Exactly. Weaponizing Walkers is the best tactic to use.

youtube.com/watch?v=G_pgndlBfRc

Remember the trap the Wolves set with that food truck? And how they used a disco ball and music to lure them back in? Imagine that but 100 times more massive. That's what the Governor would do. It forces the Saviors to waste ammo and energy, they probably lose a lot of people, and their morale is damaged.

Nah, imagine if the episode with the Governor, Megan, Lily, and Tara have an open-ended conclusion where they just travel without car problems. The prison gets attacked by another group of marauders instead and they're forced to abandon. They scatter and eventually come across everything that happened in the original timeline.

They head to Alexandria after meeting Aaron. And they're suddenly introduced to leading citizen, Brian Harriet and his wife Lily...now THAT would've been glorious to see unfold.

Fuck yes. If Rick tries the whole "HE A BAD GUY!" spiel, the rest of the town will think he's a crazy wildman.

The Governor would never have a chance. He never lead more than a small towns worth of people because he had a habit of killing everyone he came across to take their shit. Negan on the other hand plays it smart and makes them work for him. The Governor would have done what Rick did and killed a savior settlement and then wherever he was holed up would get blown to shit.

You mean this?

imgur.com/a/9ASbH

I thought he was only interested in Macon which was coincidentally near Terminus. I don't think the Governor would've gone to Terminus without scoping them out first. I doubt he even knew about them. It was just a coincidence.

He was good, but in the end the writers ruined him like every other character.

They should have made him redeem himself by actually looking out for that other group he met and doing everything he can to help them. Then they could have made him cross paths with Rick again, both wanting to get some medicine or whatever.

It would be much more interesting, but instead they just made him chimp out again.

>tfw randomly decide to read up on the last 5 or so oages of the comic while never having read it before.

lol wut? The whisperers seem like a perfect villain concept for a zombie thing but how in the fuck are they managing with that leadership? Alpha was a retard and Beta's just some waifufag who can swing a blade. Where's the ninja giving stealth lessons?

Rick was willing to let the Governor and his people stay in the prison and let time heal past wounds though, I doubt he'd go all "fuck that guy" the moment he sees him.

Exactly. Michonne, Rick, Maggie, etc. have to keep their cool and play along with being nice to "Brian". And it'd be a great plot development if the Governor actually did mellow out and help out Alexandria in the fight against the Saviors. He's still a murderous psychopath, it's just that it's been redirected for a better cause; the protection of his new family and town.

That's because he could get away with it and didn't want anyone else to be King on the Hill. This is a Governor that realizes he's outgunned and outmanned. He has to play it smart.

You're right that the Governor would wipe out a Settler settlement like Rick did, but if he encountered that motorcycle patrol of Saviors and most likely snoop around the Savior settlement for clues, he'd realize there's way more of them than the ones he's just killed.

That would've been fucking glorious. Rick and the Governor have to put aside their differences to help their respective communities out. Sometime it's better to deal with the devil you know.

That's true. This was due to Hershel's influence and in the alternate timeline, the Governor didn't force everyone to leave the prison. There'd still be some bad blood over Andrea and the rest, but it's possible Rick would try to work with the Governor for the sake of his family and friends.

Herschel would have sucked on Negans fat balls and we all know it.

whats that got to do with anything?!

wow. I hope you didn't actually write this. This is very worrisome

>I liked more the Governer because the character was more complex

This is how TWD fans actually write

So he didn't proof read, it's just a fucking imageboard dude. Calm down.

>Shane
>fascinating

why are there so many massive groups so close to each other? if this is consistent across the whole world then society should never have fallen.

This is pretty much the only way the Governor can win against Negan's numbers. Even if they fend off the Walker invasion, a lot of people would die from the onslaught. Negan isn't scary if he only has 10-20 people instead of the hundreds at his disposal.

That actually sounds cool. Why the fuck didn't the writers think of this.