Hello Sup Forums is it possible to guess the variety of your weed by its look?

hello Sup Forums is it possible to guess the variety of your weed by its look?
what is the variety of mine? (the pic is mine)

also i am an experienced smoker but i have never managed to really "taste" the weed, and it seems everyone else can do it... it's like when you drink wine and you can't tell the difference between 2 different bottles...
does it comes with more experience? or did i always smoked shitty weed? (i have only managed to tell the difference between 2 weeds in Amesterdam, i guess it was great quality compared to what i'm used to)

general weed/drugs thread also

Other urls found in this thread:

leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/infographic-what-are-cannabis-terpenes-and-how-do-they-affect-you
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

by variety I assume you mean strain, and no, you can't tell what strain weed is by picture alone
they're way too similar and there's way too many strains
the more white shit on it the better, that's the crystallized thc and shit
those are called trichomes
as for taste, I don't know, I usually don't taste it but sometimes I can. I think it has to do with the fact you're focusing on inhaling the smoke into your lungs more than trying to taste something. maybe try swishing the smoke around in your mouth
honestly, taste is a luxury more than anything, as long as your weed isn't cut with things like oregano (not all that common for weed though) gets you high and doesnt taste like complete dog shit, that's all that's important
by the way, what are your prices where you are?
here in md I can get an eighth for 40, a quarter for 75, a half for 140, or an oz for 240 of some pretty good shit

thank you user, that's what i thought too
about the prices: i'm in the very middle of France and i pay my weed with shrooms i grow myself, 1g for 1g
I think i'm the winner in this trade, because shrooms are so easy to grow

nice

Do you live near a college? They usually have better weed. Near my school I buy an eighth for $25

No you could never tell the strain because there is way to many but like if u but 3 different strains and got them mixed up, u might be able to differentiate them if they are pretty different. Taste tho you can tell. Some buds taste similar but the taste is never super strong. Kinda go to look for it. But yes shitty weed all taste the same, shitty.

purdy

I could tell some strains, with pretty good accuracy, but only the most notorious ones like White Widow, AK 47, Jack Herrer and such. And also I would have to grow them myself in the past, to be really familiar with all it's atributes, especially smell.

that's cool, I always kind of wanted to grow shrooms because I tried them and they were awesome, do you just grow them in a pot in the dark or something
nah, but I live near a high school which is how I know people that sell in the first place
also damn, 25 for an eighth is pretty nice, I can imagine you could get an oz for like 120 to 150 in that case

you buy a kit from any site (the one i like is Zamnesia, they explain how to grow and all you need), you receive the kit at home, you put some water in it, you close the bag, and you wait... that's reaaaally easy

and i forgot: you don't need to put it in the dark or something. You put it in a room not too cold and not too hot (22°C to 25°C) and with some sunlight. Your bedroom or livingroom by example

Unless its grown and then distributed professionally, its almost impossible to tell exact strains. If your dealer tells you, its either BS to sell more or they may have a good rapport with the grower who would tell them, but they are also could be bullshitting to sell more.

However, you might be able to tell if you have an indica or a sativa by the buds though, but most street weed is a hybrid to please more consumers.

This user is correct, the more trichomes, the more THC content and therefore the stronger/better high. I've only noticed taste on weed that was picked too early, so it had to be watercured before it could be smoked because it tasted like ass. Otherwise its all just tasted like weed to me.

the amount of shrooms i got with my last kit was a bit more than 100g, the kit costs around 40euros. It is the best investement i did in my entire life lol

Hey op, or anyone else, i have a similar question, with a similar bud. I've got what looks to be almost the same bud, dense, hevilyhandled, but looks crystally as hell, and a little overly leavy and stemmy, but healthy overall. Got a whole jar of the stuff.

My question is, this stuff is really sticky, but smokes harsh, and the ash is black. Can hardly finish the bowl from black to grey as it is so fucking harsh and nasty, i usually just empty em, which i presume is me wasting whatevers left.

Anyway, what can i do to cure this harshness? i dont want to invest in a vape or baking thermometers. How do i fix harsh smoke? i smoke out of pipe.

>heres a pic of a small peice of nug next to some trimmed off leaves

wow, definitely sounds like a good investment, bet you could flip some of those too if you wanted to make back some of the money from growing them

not op but pipes are just harsh, you have to be careful while hitting them
maybe try hitting it without your finger over the carb, I usually do that when I hit pipes, still hits but not as strong since it's a mix of regular air
whenever i can I just use my bong that has a perc and an ice catcher. they can be had for pretty cheap and if you know how to hit them you can rip the fuck out of them and barely cough

No dude you can by smell tho

If its just one batch of shitty weed and usually your pipe is okay for smoking, then maybe you could give edibles a go? Google firecrackers and look up a recipe, uses around 0.3-1g depending on dosage.

If not, then maybe its time to invest in a new piece. Bubblers are a nice hybrid between pipe and bong, or you could just get a small bong.

i don't know what you mean by "flip" but i already sold 30g of them for 260euros, and like i said before i trade my shrooms for weed
and of course i "do" shrooms when my friends and i want to trip

No.
The only one you're likely to be able to recognise from look is Purple Haze, for obvious reasons.
I can tell some strains from smell (Amnesia, Sour Diesel, Cheese all have very distint smells), but from look, there's way too fucking many strains to be able to tell since most of them look identical.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the grow kit from?

no.

for example, i am growing an og of the same strain.

both phenotypes look completely different. one plant is a taller plant, the other is more medium.

both taste completely different. one has a sweet and sour taste, the other has a citrus taste.

the yield and structure are different too.

this is from the same professionally bred bag of regular seeds.

It's called terpenes you idiots here a link for you babies
leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/infographic-what-are-cannabis-terpenes-and-how-do-they-affect-you

This is also true phenotype variation is huge and still very misunderstood something as simple as colder nights can give you an over all different plant and effects from said plant

Well I can usually tell if it's a kush by the taste and smell. There are a lot of different strains but some have more noticable characteristics

You can throw 100 seeds and not get a single one that is similar to the plant and which you got it from you can also discover phenotypes in which you had no right in ever discovering and if you do keep it clone it love it

>tfw out of weed for a whole month

Its albanian